[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>IQ doesn't matter, it's not an accurate judge of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: down-syndrome-work[1].jpg (28 KB, 615x410) Image search: [Google]
down-syndrome-work[1].jpg
28 KB, 615x410
>IQ doesn't matter, it's not an accurate judge of intelligence
>>
IQ is pretty arbitrary my man

le good work ethic :^) will get you further than a high IQ ever will.
>>
>>24096580
It's a pretty solid indicator, but not the be-all end-all. Same with standardized test scores.
>>
>>24096580
you pretty much can't tell the different as long as you're average or above
>>
little mommy's "underachiver" just took an online IQ test and got a big score. let's hear it for him.
>>
>>24096688
lel post yours then tough guy

>inb4 it's a low score
Every time
>>
The true redpill is that intelligence itself really doesn't matter. As long as you're "smart enough" (IQ >90) you have a good chance of being a successful human being.
>>
>>24096580

It matters if you're trying to understand a book about Nucleosynthesis.

I work in a Warehouse and a functionnal brain is enough for whatever happens.

Only thing that bugs me with the "IQ doesn't matter" crowd is that it reeks of insecurity.

People have no problem admitting that some athletes are out of this world in term of performances or that some artists are geniuses, but God forbid that someone is said smarter than average if he doesn't at least find the cure for cancer.
>>
>>24096580
IQ only matters if you make something of it.

>Have 1 friend who isn't very smart, but a VERY hard worker.
>makes 100 thousand britbongs a year

If you're some pasty faggot who is still living in his mum's place, has no gf, no friends, and has a shit job , your IQ is worthless
>>
>MUH ONLINE TEST IQ
>>
>>24096982
>u are one foking cheeky kunt mate i swear i am goin 2 wreck u i swear on my mums life
>>
>>24097169
>implying I took an online one
Psychologist administered m8
>>
>>24096982

>being this jelly

IQ will always mean a great deal. Whether or not they use it it is always there. No amount of hard work can ever make up for it or even come close to bridging the gap. I live with my grandmother, have a gf, and have a cushy job. My IQ is what has allowed me to coast through what most others struggled with. I am simply much better than 99%+ of people. I don't hate them or anything, it's just a cool collected understanding that they are beneath me. Like the little ants outside. I don't hate them, but they are so many leagues beneath me it is silly to even think about comparing us to each other.
>>
>>24097414
>I live with my grandmother, have a gf, and have a cushy job. My IQ is what has allowed me to coast through what most others struggled with. I am simply much better than 99%+ of people

I have some bad news for you...
>>
>>24096580
It really doesn't too greatly. IQ is actually a range 5 points in each direction so getting high and mighty over 1 number is stupid.
>>
>>24097452
LEARN TO GREEN TEXT YOU FUCKING MONG, OR HERE'S ANOTHER IDEA, JUST DON'T!
>>
>>24097545
all those caps

>I can sure sense it through the world wide web
>>
you have someone with a high iq making a quarter amount of money than someone with a quarter of his iq and you tell me who the smarter one is.

Iqs are just outdated memes
>>
>>24097902
What is yours?

You are only permitted to criticize the concept of IQ if you have one above 115.
>>
>>24096580
Let's explain this in Robot terms, pokemon base stats, Individual Values, and Effort Values. IQ is individual Values (for special attack), it means jack shit to a normal player in the long run unless you're doing high level competitive play, had a trainer that knew how to raise you, and the right sort of moveset.

If you're just playing the game to play it, if we're on 4chan we are, and not to win, the other stats are far more important. Now don't get me wrong it helps, but meh.
>>
File: 6d5.png (276 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
6d5.png
276 KB, 1280x720
>>24096580
An average IQ is like two pair of functioning legs, it's normal to have but you're fucked without it

But if you want them mad dollars, gf or whatever else, you can take all your IQ points over a 100 and shove it up your ass because people will reward traits in you that are useful, cool, desirable for them

And being able to solve puzzles and count like Einstein on cocaine is pretty fucking useless if you're not doing some fucking STEM work or w/e
>>
>>24098320
>two pair of functioning legs
lmao i meant two, like one pair
>>
Well, someone with 80 IQ is never gonna get 120 in a proper test, so it's not complete bullshit.
>>
>tfw got a 141 IQ in an IQ test administered over course of a week by psychologist many years ago
>tfw living with a massive unreasonable bloated ego for rest of my life due to a number

I just want off, this is actually detrimental at this point.
>>
>>24096620
>this is what mcwageslaves actually believe
>>
Apparently when I was in middle school they tested my IQ without my knowledge in some standardized testing take home bullshit and they raised me a grade level as a result of my tests. I didn't know that was the reason until many years later but a few years after that I took an IQ test and it wasn't super high, nowhere near what my mom claimed my test results were. She showed me the results though, I don't know which test was bullshit.
>>
I wouldn't say it's terribly accurate but it's definitely better than nothing.
>>
>>24098320
Actually the more "intellectual" professions like law and medicine are pretty much out of reach if you're below a threshold that ranges from 115-125 depending on who you ask. Above that threshold is where you get diminishing returns.

>>24099792
Just get over it dude. I went to an elite college where everyone would rate a 120 at the minimum. Work makes a the difference after that point.

>>24096849
You may be functional over 90, but not viable for plenty of jobs.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.