[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>omg depression is so cool and 2015 dont you think >dude
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 21
File: 232323.png (330 KB, 535x663) Image search: [Google]
232323.png
330 KB, 535x663
>omg depression is so cool and 2015 dont you think
>dude depression lmao
>>
>>24095183
I don't even tell people I'm depressed anymore.
Schizophrenic weeds out the normies.
>>
File: 1445529405943.jpg (21 KB, 300x289) Image search: [Google]
1445529405943.jpg
21 KB, 300x289
I'm never even surprised anymore
>>
I'm so alternative XD

mental illness is like, my identity, Chad
>>
I want to fuck her so bad senpai
>>
File: women-and-trends.png (72 KB, 895x365) Image search: [Google]
women-and-trends.png
72 KB, 895x365
>guys im depressed pls make me happy chad :^)
>what? i am happy right now? havent you noticed i have only been smiling for 3 hours today!!
Fucking women
Attention whores, every single one
Their whole life revolves around status and what other people think
>>
>tfw diagnosed with persistent depressive disorder
>tfw diagnosed with generalized anxiety.

everyone tells me it'll get better and that I need to get out more and then the world wouldn't be such an anxious place.

I'm a shut-in now.

and I tried drugs for my depression/anxiety (it was a combo drug, supposed to help with both) and it kind of just fucked with my anxiety to the point where I wasn't sleeping at all I was so anxious. broke down and had a panic attack in front of my family, they freaked out took me back to doctor, doctor tried to put me in inpatient caus eI was crying and shaking.

nothing helps.
>>
>IamNotJust

Gino what did you start
>>
I dunno what I hate more. People romanticising depression, anxiety and suicidal thoughts or myself.
>>
>>24095183
artists are prone to psychosis
Depression=psychosis
It's nothing new
>>
>>24095183
damn I think she needs to practice more

https://vimeo.com/71919803
>>
>>24095204
Lel I know how u feel I sometimes have weird thoughts lol so schizo lol

In all seriousness, I feel terrible for you. I've got depression and anxiety and I just keep a straight face and never talk to anyone about what's on my mind.
>>
Only met a handful of women who had genuine social anxiety/depression in my life. I've been to 4 psych wards, and almost every single woman was there because she took a bottle of tylenol or pulled some attention-grabbing pussy cutting shit. Women aren't even good at being fucked in the head.
>>
>>24095204

>schizophrenia

Man, what an awful word. The phonetic quality of it is just jarring. Skitzo-phrenia. Skitz. O... Blech. Especially so considering what it entails.
>>
senpai desu

senpai
>>
File: depression.jpg (18 KB, 350x250) Image search: [Google]
depression.jpg
18 KB, 350x250
>>24095183

>mental health finally claws into the public consciousness
>women see something that isn't them getting attention
>immediately jump into the spotlight to keep the attention
>mental health forgotten about
>new crop of Elliotts arises

It's like pottery
>>
Lady gaga actually looks cute in this.
>tfw no slutty popstar gf
>>
>tfw you were depressed before it became cool
>>
my deperession is worser than all ohf yuor depressions family to be honest
>>
> Looks like mental illness is finally about to get recognized
> People leap onto this new untapped source of special snowflake labels
> Having any mental health issue now gets you lumped in with these fucktards

A-at least I can talk about it with you guys, right?
>>
>>24095902
>tfw you used to call yourself asexual before tumblr turned it into a complete joke
>>
>>24095183
>not just anxious
What a stupid bitch. Anxiety can be way fucking worse than depression. Wanting to die isn't half as bad as wanting to live but having a panic attack and being sure you're dying.
>>
>>24095917
This post got me teary eyed, man. Just puts into perspective how many people are afraid to talk about depression.
>>
Mental illnesses are now becoming the "lel so randum!!!1!" thing for attention whores to grasp on to.

This is nothing new, but it still makes me mad.
>>
>>24095917
>People leap onto this new untapped source of special snowflake labels
You haven't seen shit yet unless you go to tumblr. Having mental disorders or physical disabilities is like the new sexual orientaton fad.

Another one people are hopping on is being jewish, because they can be bullied and cry about being oppressed on the internet.
>>
>>24096057
The worst part is that there are people out there still fighting the stigma, but because of the overwhelming amount of idiots claiming to have ptsd from paper cuts or depression because they felt sad for a day, they will never gain any ground.

Because in the public mind, anyone with mental health problems is either a serial killer or an edgelord special snowflake.
>>
File: julie.jpg (38 KB, 566x456) Image search: [Google]
julie.jpg
38 KB, 566x456
>>24095183
All of these special fucking snowflakes nowadays.
>Know girl who talks about her sleep disorder all the fucking time
>Claims she usually only sleep for two or three hours at night
>Says that she sometimes doesn't even sleep for days
>tfw she never shows any signs of sleep deprivation whatsoever
>>
>>24096158
This is bullshit, dude. Depression is fairly accepted. Some things, like Bipolar, really aren't (people assume Bipolar people are nuts). Social anxiety and OCD were destroyed by posing attention whores, though.

Generally, mental health problems are respected. Telling people you're depressed isn't nearly as hard as telling people you're lonely.
>>
>>24096203
>tfw you tell yourself that it's okay to stay up for 36 hours if it's to fix your sleep schedule
>>
>>24096203
Fucking shit, I know that feel.

>edgy fedora in my classes has to mention to everyone that he tried to commit suicide last thursday
>some dyke has to mention to everyone that she's in fact depressed
>>
Lady Gaga was one of us... not even memeing
>>
>>24096203
I knew a guy once who claimed to be depressed, and used it as an excuse never to shower and to be an asshole to everyone and never take an responsibility for anything.

When confronted about the fact that he was an asshole, he would just repeat that he was depressed until people gave up on arguing with him.

This guy was not depressed. He was just an attention whore and an edgelord.

I know this because that guy was me at 14.
>>
>>24096255
>fall asleep at 3pm making it even worse

NEETs ww@
>>
>>24096203
>>24096289
Isn't that what your typical /r9gay/ user is like though? Special snowflakes, no normies allowed. It's the same thing.
>>
>>24096342
5 am cant sleep. Just fuck my shit up senpai
>>
File: 1424666340862.jpg (450 KB, 1085x1217) Image search: [Google]
1424666340862.jpg
450 KB, 1085x1217
>>24096342
The best part is, I'm not even a NEET.
I might just end up killing myself.
>>
File: mfwhomergarbage.jpg (56 KB, 505x388) Image search: [Google]
mfwhomergarbage.jpg
56 KB, 505x388
>>24095839

le comment not original xDDD
>>
>>24096247
Hmm. When I bring up depression to people I know, not even mentioning I'm depressed, just bringing up the topic, the conversation instantly nosedives into a circlejerk about hating tumblr.

I guess I should get new friends.
>>
File: 1430099204847.png (596 KB, 984x705) Image search: [Google]
1430099204847.png
596 KB, 984x705
>>24095183
People like this makes me ashamed of my depression
>>
>>24096158
It's a struggle to convince someone that having depression doesn't mean you'll shoot up a school. I'd imagine gays and shit have something similar but that's being accepted more. I know a lot of us, myself included, became depressed during out teens and that sullies a lot of our credibly.
>>
Makes me glad I just have narcolepsy.
Not cool, special, or odd enough for women and normies to pretend to have.
>>
>>24096352
Yeah but they keep it anonymous so we don't know who they are and you can choose to ignore it.

In real life, they deliberately steer the conversation towards them because you're forced to address their retarded "depression" as a social norm, even though they probably don't even have it.
>>
File: 1446887372254.jpg (268 KB, 941x903) Image search: [Google]
1446887372254.jpg
268 KB, 941x903
>>24095183
I wonder who made that shirt
>>
>>24096032
>tfw I had to cancel my semester abroad and go home because my life turned into popping Xanax all day and to sleep because the panic attacks from moving away from home were making it impossible to function
>>
>>24096472
I remember this pissing me off so much when I first heard.
>>
>>24096412
The mental health issue debate and the gay rights debate have both devolved into jokes.

In the one corner is the special snowflakes, accusing anyone who disagrees with them of oppression and who will never cease their quest to deflect all blame away from them.

In the other corner, the redditors and other edgelords dedicating themselves to insulting the special snowflakes and refusing to acknowledge that there are any issues at all because obviously anyone different who wants to be treated like a human being is just a faggot who wants to look unique.

In the middle is us, those who are suffering, some far worse than others, and the reasonable people who remember that we're just trying to live normal lives. And the voices in the middle will always be shouted down.
>>
>>24096747
I love you, my nigga. I honestly could not have said this better myself. Maybe one day we'll all be taken seriously. If that day comes, I wanna help those suffering. Be it from depression, homophobia or even shit like poverty or war.
>>
>>24095183
>dude depression.

"Grow a PAIR lol" "man the fuck up manchildren".

I fucking hate this world
>>
File: 1424896050004.png (53 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1424896050004.png
53 KB, 200x200
>Be me
>been taking drugs for depression since middle school.
>mental health gets worse
>gets prescribed xanax for new found panic attacks
>best friend moves away with bitch GF
>home alone Saturday night
>take entire bottle of xanax because i don't want to feel anything anymore.
>wake up 3 days later in hospital bed
>god damn it.jpg
>goes to therapist
>tells me things i already know
>after 4 appointments stops going
>still living with this illness
>no dive in life no motivation to live

and then i see all these fucking stacys "omg i'm so depressed look at these disorders Ive self diagnosed myself" "lifes so hard lol"

then the worst part is they don't even take it seriously. they don't know what it's like to want to die and they always post these psudo inspertional quotes and shit storys saying "it always gets better"

no it does not.

i'm still just as emotionally ruined as i was when i took an entire bottle of xanax

those people actually make me more depressed because now i can't even say how i actually feel with out it getting brushed off like some Stacy saying "i'm so depressed"
>>
>>24095558
Jesus Christ, is this supposed to be art or is she really this fucked...
>>
>>24097185
I see this sort of stuff here a lot. I wish we could just all drink and play vidya together. Forget all the pain, forget world hunger and war, forget shit that won't matter when we dead. Just some retards having innocent fun, y'know?
>>
>>24097185
I feel you, women don't even take suicide seriously.
The male suicide rate is way higher than the female one, yet I know a ton of girls who claim that they are suicidal and jump at every chance to say so.
>>
>>24095183
normies easily fall for social trends like this
pass it along.
>>
>>24097349
Maybe then we could be truly happy

>>24097383
because they want attention i've only told this story to 3 other people this thread seems like a good place to say it because it needs to be said
roughly 3/4ths of suicides are all men mostly in their late teens to late 20's and these girls are posting how depressed and suicidal they are for attention. it needs to stop. our fucking misery isn't a fucking joke.
>>
>Move back to my hometown
>Old friends keep talking to me after finding out I've grown terrible anxiety, just so I don't tumble into being a complete recluse
>I haven't told them about my depression
>Every time they talk to me I feel more indebted to them, and more helpless as a result
This sucks. I like talking to people but I panic and try to look like I'm oblivious to others presence when faced with people I want to talk to. I just want to be able to approach someone without crying and vomiting afterwards.
>>
>>24096918
> want to help those suffering

God, I know this feel. But I can't even stick up for a depressed friend that an asshole is telling to fuck off because "what're you some tumblr faggot talking about muh ptsd?"

I hate the edgelords more than the snowflakes; at least some of the snowflakes are just deluded and some of them actually want to help. The edgelords are just being pissy.

Both are counterproductive bullshit. I do my best to help people, and sometimes that means getting spit on because people think anyone who claims to be depressed is an attention-whoring faggot or rejected because some people don't want help, they want you to validate their specialness.
>>
>>24097763
It's a rough existence, bro. I suppose the best we can do is continue to help and be spit on. It's a better alternative to someone not getting the help they need.
>>
>>24097867
Exactly. The way I see it, a special snowflake needs to get educated, a genuinely suffering person needs to get helped, and an edgelord needs to get ignored.
>>
>>24095534
>lady Gaga
>artist
>>
File: 1440933372898.jpg (34 KB, 502x460) Image search: [Google]
1440933372898.jpg
34 KB, 502x460
So who's left, Lady Gaga? Mess with the Bieber
Nah, F with Christina, I ain't fucking with either Jessica neither
Simpson or Alba, my albums just sicker than strep with the fever
Get the Cloriseptic, Excedrin, Aleve or
Extra Strength Tylenol 3's, feel like I'm burning to death but I'm freezing
Bed ridden and destined never to leave the
Bedroom ever again like the legend of Heath-uh-
Ledger, my suicide notes, barely legible read the
Bottom, it's signed by the Joker
>>
TFW you don't have a trendy mental illness.

>impulse control disorder which causes chronic anxiety.
>every other person has "depression" or is "bipolar"`
>>
OCD here. I wonder why no one romanticizes us?
>>
>>24098152
because OCD isn't real.
>>
File: 1440477105405.jpg (87 KB, 449x750) Image search: [Google]
1440477105405.jpg
87 KB, 449x750
>tfw have occasional panic attacks and live with my parents while I go to college
>tfw dad is a psychologist
>tfw he has started to theorize that I fake my anxiety attacks for attention just because of the sheer volume of young adolescent patients he gets who self-diagnose mental illnesses fashion accessories

In case any of you fuckers think this shit happens in a vacuum, it doesn't,
>>
>>24095412
drugs won't help, it never goes away completely, I've never felt depression but anxiety yes, ever day for 3 years now, manifests physically and is destroying my life. getting a job reduced it by maybe 50% though after only a few weeks... meditation takes away a bit, eating well and being active takes away a bit also forcing myself int awkward situations helps. Also drugs help, as in dissociatives // opiates. benzos will make things much worse.
>>
>>24098183
literally is, shut your robot trap
>>
>tfw male and have crippling BPD

Of all the personality disorders I could have I get the most memey and attention whorey of all of them. It's literally constant suffering, anxiety, suicidal depressions, loss of judgment and self-image and a whole lot of other nasty shit. And then people have the balls to call me out for being a shut-in when even r9k hates you and thinks you're basically a manipulative lying shitlord that wants to bring everyone down to their misery. I just want to be normal/happy and be around other normal/happy people, but therapy is going so slow and no doctor will ever prescribe me Xanax or Valium or anything that actually works.

Reading through this thread, my heart goes out to a lot of you robots, many of you seem to suffer through shit worse than most people do. Just know we are all in this together trying to climb out of this dark hole. Good luck bros.
>>
>>24098290
Yeah alright snowflake, go put your pencils in a straight line.
>>
>>24096436

What's that like? Can you really fall asleep doing anything or is that just exaggerated media bullshit?
>>
>>24096255
This desu
Just fuck my shit up desu senpai
>>
>>24098152
Because OCD = le super clean and organized = mature and responsible behavior
>>
File: nup.gif (729 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
nup.gif
729 KB, 267x200
I used to respect people with depression now whenever someone tells me they're depressed, I just assume they're a self diagnosed hipster faggot.

Depression and Social Anxiety are literally trendy to have now. I'm not even depressed or anxious but fuck do I hate people who diagnose themselves with this shit.
>>
>>24097617
Agreed, but unfortunately you can't reason with this type of women. If you were ever to call them out on this shitty behavior they would just tell you to man up and stop being a loser.
>>
>>24098225
That's why you never fuck say a word to anyone about it, turns out my uncle fought in Vietnam and I only ever found out after he died, never fucking told anyone or even hinted at it because he didn't need to wear it like a purse.

I think about killing myself all day every day but km too much of a coward to ever do it and I have anxiety attacks about every other day where my body shakes violently and seizes up but do I tell anybody about it?
Fucking no because I'm terrified of people and letting anything I have Inside, out.
>>
So, uhm, "Bipolar" isn't the cool buzzword anymore? Noice.
I literally make everything I say look cool, even depression.
I should stop.
I still remember when every girl used to say "anal" almost in every phrase during 2013.
>>
>>24098358
that's not OCD. u dum?
>>
>>24097185

right there with you...although mine was 2 fifths of scotch and a bottle of klonopin
>>
>>24098008
>>24097867

Random lurker here. I have depression and for years I avoided getting help because I was afraid of the stigma and didn't want to be one of the fags that diagnoses themselves to feel special. I doubted my condition for so long because of those things and it pisses me off how much of my life I lost to this disease all because I was too afraid to be lumped in with people like that. Anyway I just wanted to post to say you guys legitimately give me hope, so thanks for that. Keep fighting the good fight.
>>
People who are proud to claim they have depression and think they're brave for admitting it don't actually have depression.
>>
>>24098584
yeah they don't know what living with something that effects you all day everyday of your life is like. in fact, they could never understand. as hard as people try to spread awareness and relate, they will never get it. Why don't people just work their day jobs and shut the fuck up? Society seems so obsessed with all the bullshit happening around them, they dont have a life of their own. Yes I am a person diagnosed with depression and anxiety. why would i bother telling anyone? You dont give a fuck, they dont give a fuck, I dont give a fuck.
>>
lady gaga is an attention whore and she's trying to stay relevant because her whole crazy outfit thing isn't cutting it anymore, and now that her fans have grown up a bit she's just trying to cash in on all the special snowflakes who think they have mental problems

she's probably going to be releasing an album soon
>>
Depersonalization/derealization disorder
Treatment resistant bipolar depression
Severe hallucinatory social anxiety

Too exhausted from existing to go to the doctor. Too exhausted from existing to apply for Medicaid.

Rate
>>
>>24098680
At least you tried to get help. I hate when people bitch about depression because 95% of the people that say they do are self diagnosed faggots. If calling someone out for bitching about depression makes them legitimately go seek help to try and prove me wrong then I'm happy being an asshole.
>>
>>24096747
couldn't have been better said, especially about the gay rights comparison. Being a true moderate politically is extremely difficult in this ever-increasingly combative and divisive culture created entirely by social media.
>>
>>24098584

If someone outright tells you about their depression within the first few days of knowing them it should immediately be a red flag. I'm depressed and I fucking panic at the thought of my family or people I just meet finding out about it. Bragging about this sort is shit should be a social taboo akin to blackface.
>>
File: 1354564038522.jpg (107 KB, 848x900) Image search: [Google]
1354564038522.jpg
107 KB, 848x900
>normalfag Stacy tell me they have social anxiety
>see them later hoeing it up at a party, possibly the most social thing you can do
>mfw
In most cases, mental illness is an excuse by normies to not feel guilty for other people's unhappiness? ie.
>What's that, anon? You're depressed because you've never had a gf? You're anxious because you're a wageslave and are afraid of losing your job? It's all chemicals, take these pills.
Might as well send us to the gas chambers for being unhappy.
>>
>>24095183
Is that Lady Gaga? Jesus Christ the years have not been kind to her.
>>
>>24098777
trips of truth.

I'm a filthy NEET shut in, take medication for depression. Will this ride ever end?
>>
>>24096342
8am is my normal sleeping hour
>>
>>24098791
she's never been that attractive dude

she was somewhat cute when she was just starting and wasn't lady gaga, but that's it
>>
>>24096342
>finally break into the "normal" 10-6 sleeping hours
>first day feels great
>second day you realize again how much you dislike being up when its light outside and end up sleeping in the morning again
just fuck my shit up desu
>>
>>24098758

Honestly it's a win-win scenario if you do that. Either theyre actually depressed and get the help they need or they're not and hopefully get BTFO by their therapist.

It's a touchy issue though, because Id hate to victimize someone who was like me and make them even less inclined to get help.
>>
>>24097185
Have you try living somewhere else? Sometimes a new start is what you need
>>
>>24098983
>>24098732 here. I'm also too afraid to tell all my problems to a new psychiatrist again because I'm afraid they'll think I'm full of shit and wish death upon me.
>>
>>24098705
Normie's depression is: tfw no gf/bf/ and tfw boring with no drama life.
>>
>>24098777
I wish every day that there was an assisted suicide program because of this

>>24098827
Not really. your best bet it to have a thing you love and miraculously becoming a part of it making it your job and having enough disposable income to distract yourself till you die
>>
Considering anti depressants.

I have had multiple drs prescribe them, but I live in a western country and it was almost like "meh have these all your worries will go away".

I am not suicidal but I have anxiety and paronia issues that are super unhealthy, in turn making me depressed. I can't hold a job and am always worrying about dying or being arrested.

I have always refused to take them as I hear getting off them is a bitch, but come to think of it, my life has got progressively worse since being prescribed them. I am now a neet with HUGE money issues and living with an aunt.

What do you think robots? Should I take the magic pill?

>Pls respond
>>
Don't worry.

If trends continue, the next fad will be 'Suicide Selfies' and these people will kill themselves off.
>>
>>24095692

sorta fine tits tho.
>>
>>24099088

If you're just transferring doctors a medical release form should be all they need to show that you're not bullshitting. If they still think you're bullshitting call them out on it. You need help dude and if they wont give it to you you should find someone who will.
>>
>>24099346
Well if I had the energy to go to the doctor and jump through the hoops of Medicaid psychiatry (3 fucking interviews before I can see a psych) then I might do it, but I can't and I'm scared of going outside. It already takes everything I have just to work my shitty warehouse job where I can stay away from people most of the day. I usually cry and dissociate when I get home from all the anxiety of leaving my house.
>>
I'm really fucking sick of all these meme disorders that are really actual things people suffer from, but no one who openly advertizes that they have it actually has it.

>depression
>synesthesia
>PTSD
>bipolar disorder
>multiple personality disorder

It's sickening
>>
>>24099429
I thought multiple personality disorder was only a plot device on bad soap operas.
>>
>>24098183
Simply ebin
>>
>>24099253
>get prescribed SSRI sertraline
>take it for a bit but it kills my ability to masturbate
>want to masturbate more than i want to be healthy (it wouldve been perfect for nofap)
>stop taking it for a time
>attempt to restart using but it doesnt even work now
I'm an addict.
>>
>Mom gets diagnosed with bipolar disorder
>Talks about it every fucking time we see each other
>Calls me at least once a week to talk about it
>Justifies every shit thing she does by blaming it or the medicines she takes for it
At least she isn't making shitty facebook statuses about it.
>>
>>24099573

I actually did use sertraline and yeah same thing. Didn't really feel any different except I began smoking amounts that would normally give me a very sore head. My dick would get sore trying to fap
>>
>>24099502

It's actually called dissociative identity disorder and 90% of the people who have it have literally been proven to be liars and the other 10% are batshit insane whose perception of reality is completely fucked.
>>
>>24099428

Wtf 3 interviews before you can even talk to someone? God damn that's bullshit. Gotta love this healthcare system.

How do you manage your anxiety for your warehouse job? Are there aspects of those coping strategies that you could carry to the interviews? Honestly not trying to sound like an armchair therapist but i just want you to get the care you need any way you can.
>>
>>24099839
>how do you manage
I don't.
I sweat and shake from the moment I leave my front door to the moment I come home. Anyone who talks to me is given really curt responses and I make up excuses to walk away. People ask me why I'm shaking or red or sweating so much and I just say I'm cold or it's hot and walk away. I have my ear buds in as much as possible, even when I'm not supposed to, so I can pretend I don't hear people talking to me.

Every day feels like a dream because of my DDPD and the anxiety makes it more like a nightmare. If I'm lucky I'll completely dissociate at work and just do my monotonous shit on auto pilot until someone tells me the shift is over, but that doesn't happen often. At home I cry and try to sleep but I can see through my eyelids and can't get to bed.

I need inpatient care but I can't afford it and Medicaid doesn't cover it unless you're admitted against your will.
>>
>>24099994

If I saw someone doing that I would assume they were experiencing drug or alcohol withdrawals.
>>
>>24100077
Yeah I'm regularly tested because idiots think shit like that. I don't do any drugs and always pass, even the hair tests.
>>
>>24100130

They'd be correct 99% of the time though. You can try to educate yourself with some do-it-yourself cognitive therapy. I was too poor to afford drugs and all the shrinks I talked to were turbonormies.

Start reading about your condition and therapy and exercises. It will be 99% bullshit but you may be able to lessen some of your problem.
>>
>>24100212
There is no therapy for DDPD and BP depression. Therapy didn't work the last 5 times I tried it for my SAD and I don't think it will work now.

I need benzos like I used to get and probably ketamine for my depression and DDPD. None of the 3 types of antidepressants work on me. Lithium doesn't work. Anti-psychotics don't work. Etc.

I'm fucked and probably need one of those surgeries where they implant a device that delivers electric impulses or happy drugs straight to your limbic system. That or heroin or electroconvulsive therapy.
>>
>>24099994

How come you stopped seeing your old psychiatrist? Are you still on any meds? I don't understand how anyone could interact with you and not see that something is very wrong.

I don't want to drill you with questions and feel free to not answer them but I just want to understand how your situation got to this point with no outside intervention.
>>
>>24099429
I have the first and the third. Regarding the third, my amygdala is completely shot, and the comorbidity with dissociation is not a wonderful sensation. How are you meant to cope with feeling as if you don't exist? How do you even explain that to somebody? Like you're not a human being but you're a third-person perspective viewing your own subjective reality.
>>
>>24096255
>you can't actully sleep for more then 2 hours.
> you scream and hit your head against a wall to try and sleep because you need sleep.
I need sleep
I need sleep
I need sleep
Why can't I sleep
Why can't I sleep
Why can't I sleep
I need sleep
I need sleep
I need sleep
Why can't I sleep
Why can't I sleep
Why can't I sleep
I need sleep
I need sleep
>>
>Mental health services in Australia are a fucking joke.
>No longer visit doctors or hospital for any reason thanks to how badly I was treated when I first had myself voluntarily admitted. (Literally had a cyst right above my asshole I let sit there and grow for about five months because there was no way I'd ever see a doctor again.)
>Have been using music to relax me when in public that I can't even go outside alone without headphones or I start shaking, getting dizzy and sweating.
>Got assaulted two weeks ago, now scared to leave my house at all.
>Video games no longer as effective at distracting me from depression and horrible feelings.
>Unemployed and the only people working at my Job Service Providers are literally a group of incompetent blonde woman who spend most of their time gossiping.
My brain is bad and I don't like it.
>>
>>24095183
I'm already at the point where if you aren't willing to pull the trigger if you were given a gun you aren't depressed enough.

I had my thoughts about her and part of it was she might be a little fucked up but she's able to do a lot of things and possibly experience more happiness than a lot of normies/robots. I'd like to know why she feels this way.
>>
>>24100336
>How come you stopped seeing your old psychiatrist?
He was through my uni and I couldn't go to uni this year because I can't afford it and thus I can't see him because I'm not enrolled in any classes.
>Why can't you afford it now, but you could before
Parents have destroyed credit and grandparents are the only ones capable of cosigning loans. They won't pay for my school, and they won't cosign any more loans. I moved to the state my uni is in so I can get in state tuition and go for free because poor.
>Are you still on any meds?
No because they don't work. I ran out of my klonopin and my mother and sister can't spare any of their benzos.
> I don't understand how anyone could interact with you and not see that something is very wrong.
Many people have seen that there is something seriously wrong with me. They are powerless or don't care enough to help. Psychs (the one from school and past) all want to try putting me on different combinations of anti-depressants/anti-psychotics and none have ever worked. Not SSRIs. Not SSRIs with 5 different antipsychotics. Not tricyclic. Not MAOI. Not lithium. They won't let me pursue any alternative treatment because I don't fucking know. I guess they don't want to give up and resort to that shit?
>>
>>24100405
That sounds pretty slammin. If I were a spectator, I'd make my meat puppet do all sorts of crazy shit.
>>
>>24100405
>How are you meant to cope with feeling as if you don't exist?
you aren't and there is no treatment for it besides benzo.
>How do you even explain that to somebody? Like you're not a human being but you're a third-person perspective viewing your own subjective reality.
you explain it like you just did. the psych likely doesn't have any experience with constant dissociation like that besides psychotic episodes so he prescribes you a series of antipsychotics that ruin your life with side effects and actually worsen your symptoms. they will do this until they give up on you and overload you with xanax or antidepressants to sedate you because there is no way to deal with your problem.

t. sufferer of sames
>>
>>24095183
She's pretty hot you're being a whore
>>
>>24100584
>If I were a spectator, I'd make my meat puppet do all sorts of crazy shit.
Like kill yourself because you desperately need to feel real again? You need to wake up out of the dream you've been in for the last 6 months?
>>
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 250x238
>>24100638
this desu senpai
i keep trying to tell my doctor that i'm convinced everything is a dream and it is like someone else is controlling me, and somehow believe that killing myself will wake me up, but he still doesn't take it seriously, i don't know how to explain it.
>tfw anxiety, clinical depression and depersonalisation shit to add to the mix
>almost always thinking about ways to kill myself, keep trying but i fail
>finally receive a medication that brings my anxiety down but increases my urge to commit suicide
>accidentally bring it up
>"once i felt sad, i did this to fix it!"
>"it gets better anon! you can tell us how you feel"
>tells them how i feel
>they get offended for some reason
>mfw

they aren't the one going through it, so why do they get offended? fucking ree desu
>>
>>24100638
If its all just a dream then there are no consequences. You can do whatever you want because the eyes you're seeing out of aren't really yours.
>>
>>24100527
So your grandparents won't cosign anymore loans, but would they at least be willing to pay for impatient care for you? Just to get you back on your feet so you can function without all that anxiety?

Fuck dude. I don't know what to tell you. Your situation really seems like one of the cases that needs electric treatment, but I have no idea what that costs or the ramifications of it.
>>
>>24100838
>If its all just a dream then there are no consequences. You can do whatever you want because the eyes you're seeing out of aren't really yours.
That's under the assumption that you can wake up out of it like a standard dream. This dream, this life, is a dream that will never end until you die. You can still experience things in dreams: pain, sadness, etc.

Also this disorder isn't psychotic in the way you're thinking. People with this disorder retain the ability to realize that life IS NOT actually a dream, but it feels like one regardless.
>>
>>24100881
>So your grandparents won't cosign anymore loans, but would they at least be willing to pay for impatient care for you? Just to get you back on your feet so you can function without all that anxiety?
No, they won't. I've already asked. Besides, I can't go to inpatient right now or I'll lose my job and my place to live. They won't pay for my living expenses while I find another job, either, so there's just no way.

>Fuck dude. I don't know what to tell you. Your situation really seems like one of the cases that needs electric treatment, but I have no idea what that costs or the ramifications of it.
ECT (electroconvulsive therapy) costs like 1000/treatment, and you usually need to do it twice a week for 3-6 months. It's completely unaffordable and government insurance WILL NOT pay for it unless you have literally exhausted every other drug in the books and have multiple psych referrals saying you need it. Even then, they won't cover multiple treatments like some people need.

You don't know what to tell me because there is nothing to tell me that I don't already know. I'm in a situation I can't get out of short of someone with a ton of money coming into my life and floating me for a few months while I get my shit together, but that's not going to happen.
>>
> have depression but don't say anything because no formal diagnosis and there will never be one because "I DIDN'T RAISE A CRAZY CHILD"
> everything makes me anxious or angry
> have my monthly breakdown where I think about how this will be the month I will hang myself
> never do anything because I'm a faggot and I have relied on meditation techniques to know when I'm being a faggot
> look like an arrogant normie on the outside, so everyone thinks I'm just a entitled cunt who doesn't deserve help and people refuse to give up their initial impression of me so I am stuck
> remember an instance where I wasn't tall enough to change a lightbulb at work but when I asked for help, I was told no, and that I just want others to do things for me. That person then went to help another woman who didn't even ask for anything and was just doing her own thing.
> Somehow can't let go of this, this is the perfect allegory for my life; I will never be helped when I am truly in need.
I'm spiralling.

>>24098077
tyler plz go
>>
>Wearing shirts stating your medical conditions

Jesus christ, and when I wear a shirt saying genital warts people look at me funny.
I'm going to take a wild guess at what those comments say.

>"omg guurl so brave so strong <33"
>"I wish i could be as empowered as you im a 17 year old 250 lbs (curvy) pixie type androsexual, here are a list of my pronouns and privlages you should check"
>>
>>24095183

when did gaga become a cutie pie?
>>
As if this thread is any different. If you validate yourself by being more depressed than anyone else, you're just as much of a special snowflake.

That's only half true, but this whole thread is a gigantic circlejerk. I have no reason to believe any of you are more depressed than the Stacies.
>>
>>24098225

i'm sorry that happened to you, but i have to say your pic is hilarious.

>best oegamiom in the world everyday,,,, yea baby ....
>>
>>24101008

Damn anon I'm sorry. No one should have to deal with that bullshit. I know these words aren't gonna help you any either but you're a stronger person than most people for putting up with it for this long, and I really admire your fortitude because of that.

Fuck man. I really wish you the best and it really pisses me off that shit like this can even happen in the first place.

I've spent the last 20 minutes trying to figure out a way to respond to you without coming off as a pitying douche or a fountain of false positivity, so sorry if I failed miserably.
>>
>>24101178
http://www.cafepress.com/+beat-cancer+t-shirts

I mean genital warts is just gross so you'd have to be an idiot to fall for your argument. But yeah, it's gross to wear a shirt about it. Everybody says they don't want pity but everyone secretly loves it.
>>
>>24095183
i want to gas everyone who unironically retweets that So Sad Today twitter account.

it's the epitome of personality-less bitches, using other people's hard work and talent to bolster their own personality, and complaining about non-issues and getting recognition for it.
>>
>>24100887
Did they tell you to be yourself?
>>
>>24100887
I was AT columbine during the shooting.

I was in with all the other little high school students. We heard the gunfire go off and most people ran in all different directions. Nobody knew where it was coming from. Then from the entrance of the library we saw the gunmen. Some people were gunned down right then and there, and most people ran towards the library's other exit. But not me. I stayed hidden deep within the bookshelves. It was there where I planned my counter insurgency which would prove to save the school from the atomic bomb that was set to go off in 30 minutes. I figured that Eric and Dylan were using the library as their base of operations in their campaign against the student body. They wanted to blow up the school but they had to stay alive long to ensure that the bomb went off. I listened in on them and found out the access code. It was Eric's foolish mistake that he forgot the code, as Dylan told him out loud and I heard. Due to my keen observations of their interactions I noticed that Dylan was not entirely loyal to Eric. Now I had to get out of there, so when they weren't looking I rand out. I had to find out where the bomb was. I noticed areas with a lot of bodies and checked there. Ah-h! It was the cafeteria, they had it devilishly sneaked in disguised as a shipment of chicken sandwiches. Using the access code I disarmed the bomb and disabled it. 10 minutes had past and I stood await hidden away. Eric and Dylan came back to check on the bomb, and noticing it disabled, they left and couldn't help but hold suspicions towards each other. I followed them to the library, where I not long after heard gun fire go off. Several rounds rang out and stopped. Both of them were bleeding out. It appears that Dylan saw that the bomb was accessed using Eric's access code. It was me who had and used it, and thus by making Dylan betray Eric. They lied there bleeding out until they met their fate. I'm not at liberty to discuss the rest of the story.
>>
>>24101653
Cool sotry, bro.
>>
>>24101653
Cool sorry bro
>>
>>24096593
These attention whoring feminists in first world countries make Marie Antoinette look like Che Guevara in comparison. They're the worst privileged people on the planet.
>>
File: cara oli.png (32 KB, 143x179) Image search: [Google]
cara oli.png
32 KB, 143x179
>>24095183
I'M SO ANXIOUS. I HAVE DEPRESSION BUT I DO MY MAKE UP AND POST ON TWITTER LIKE A WHORE
>>
>>24095692
It's an aesthetic word in print though.
If you want a word that's shit in every way, then: superfluous. It's looks AND sounds ugly.
>>
>>24095183
Lady gaga is my waifu please take your comment back, thank you.
>>
ily guys
>>
>>24096324
Cool story fag
>>
When lisp will be cool?
>>
>>24095183
"I'm not just anxious"

Like anxiety has always something to do with depression. Is this a meme ? Ffs I'm depressed and not even anxious about anything. I just don't want to live anymore (I don't want to die either)
>>
>>24095692
Meanwhile, in every other normal language it's pronounced

SHI ZO FRE NIE
>>
File: 1410490011504.jpg (35 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
1410490011504.jpg
35 KB, 535x577
>attempted suicide and failed twice
>mental breakdowns and panics attacks from making phone calls, going outside, the tiniest of things
>can't fall asleep for hours due to never ending thoughts
>can't remember things, can't tell the difference between yesterday and a the past week, the past month and the past year
>things hardly feel real outside of my own thoughts

>"I feel like sad sometimes lol xDxdD :P"

It hurts, guys. It hurts so much. This thread is bringing me to tears.
>>
>>24105205
I deserve that.
>>
>>24101653
Schizophrenia ladies and gentlemans
>>
File: 1321632037998.jpg (37 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
1321632037998.jpg
37 KB, 400x386
>>24095183
I just wish I was diagnosed with depression and/or social avoidance already. It would make life so much easier, but also such a pain dealing with normies
>"Oh, you have depression? So that must mean you're a vegetable"
>>
>>24099345
pour the wine whore to grind quarter to nine lets go!
nice to see a doom fan in r9k
>>
Depression doesnt exist
>>
>>24096342
>5:05 AM probably sleeping soon
>been up since 2PM

good enough senpai
>>
>>24096399

Yeah I was going to say it sounds like you're talking to children, or otherwise exceptionally childish people.
>>
>>24095204
>had prodrome symptoms a few months back
>didn't see anyone about it
>they stopped
I'm off the hook, right?
>>
Having to put on a happy attitude everyday is exhausting, and it's finally starting catching up to me
>>
File: Hurrr.jpg (29 KB, 530x520) Image search: [Google]
Hurrr.jpg
29 KB, 530x520
>>24102908
>Being depressed means you can't use twitter or attempt to look presentable
Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.