[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is NYC like? Going there soon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (187 KB, 660x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187 KB, 660x370
I picture it as:
-Play ground for millionaires & billionaires
-Funnest city in the US
-Social hub for models, musicians, artist, famous people
>>
>>24095164
It used to be that way but it's shit now.

Because the internet exists, there's no reason to be in a large city anymore.
>>
Excellent, and comfy as fuck this time of year desu imho m8 senpai
>>
>>24095164
en route to a delivery on the bottom of the Bowery I thought about two kinds of people that live in NY, those that love it and those that tolerate it. people that 'love it' id say are those that probably can be lumped with the movement of wealth that flips neighborhoods. but also live through the vibe of their peers, careers, and the cheap thrills the citys' nightlife. eventually moving out years later saying, "it was awesome but it just got too much and too expensive" thanks for making it that btw.
those who tolerate it really are the ones who stay for a multitude of reasons, much like this old china women down the bike lane walking on the white line between the bike path and street, I too am on the white line with my bike; its a habit. shes tolerating NY maybe because this is all she knows, I tolerate because so far its all i know. as i get closer to this old china woman, with eyes so old and wilted its amazing she sees the same white line were both on, it came to me that when you set a path for yourself and an obstacle is coming at ya the Great City of New York will teach you hustling, selfishness, and resilience that will get you through what ever is in your path and that.....is...is she....is she playing chicken with me?
>>
It has tourist spots for pretty much any interest you can think of, so you should have a good time. But there are also many bad areas, so make sure you know where you're going or you might wind up in a niggerhood.

Also, bring lots of money. Things are expensive as shit there.
>>
>>24095164
I'm from NYC.

It's populated but lonely. It has a type of energy that most cities don't have but the area also smells like shit. It's "diverse" but most of the population is Jewish. White Europeans are a minority.

It does attract a lot of models and celebrities. However most of the models are runway models and they come across as beautifully ugly. They are interesting to look at in a train-wreck sort of way. The celebrities can be seen all over but you likely won't see them if you visit the usual tourist traps.

The cost of living is so high that being a millionaire is relatively meaningless.
>>
>>24095164
overpriced and stinky
>>
>>24095164
All of those things are in Manhattan. Good luck getting into any good clubs there.
>>
>>24095164
LA>NYC. Fuck the subway and the smell.
>>
>>24095164
it's loud, it's fast paced, it reeks of garbage and diesel exhaust, the people are shit, everything is very expensive

overall it's like most huge cities, a complete fucking shit hole
>>
From a policy standpoint, it's probably the most oppressive, authoritarian place in the US outside of New Jersey, California, and perhaps Hawaii. It's a stronghold of the globalist bankers much like Singapore. It's been improving since de Blasio took office, however. The fact he is at odds with the police is a good sign.

My favorite thing about the city was that you could find anything your heart desires if you knew enough people and had enough money. Any. Thing.
>>
>>24095854
It's actually kind of sad when you look at what New York was back in the 70s and 80s. From a cultural standpoint, NYC has always been interesting has hell.

http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/overwhelming-new-york/
>>
>>24095164
Since you're a tourist I'm going to assume you are visiting the touristy areas. Those areas are like what you described pretty much, but for most people actually living there in areas like the Bronx it is shit
>>
>>24095164
Really big. I've lived in multiple cities all my life and New York is just unbelievably huge.

Don't use any taxi services unless you feel alpha enough to call the cabbie out on overcharging you.

By the way, check out Sleep No More. It's expensive but amazing. You're in a haunted house for three hours following actors around as they murder each other. Shit's crazy. And the restaurant there, The Heath, is the best restaurant I've went to in New York.

Korea Town is pretty dope, too. It's by the Empire State Building.
>>
>>24096443
New York was extremely violent in the 70s and 80s
>>
>>24095854
De Blasio is terrible. You argue against California and Hawaii but he's in line with the most progressive of Democrats.
>>
>>24096749
I was looking at it more from the perspective of reining in the NYPD, which is not exactly a proud organization.

And he's definitely an improvement over Bloomberg, but my hatred for Bloomberg could fry an egg.
>>
>>24096581
>but for most people actually living there in areas like the Bronx it is shit
Why? I looked up Bronx on google maps recently and it looks really comfy, there are many small houses with yards and shit, and everyone has nice cars and it just looks like a typical American suburb. And all the skyscrapers are really close to it too.
>>
>>24095537
yes I love energy, I live for vibes
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.