[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone got an idea for a shitty low effort game to make? Doesnt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: shitty indie horror.jpg (31 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
shitty indie horror.jpg
31 KB, 1280x720
Anyone got an idea for a shitty low effort game to make?

Doesnt need to be shitty, but low effort.
>>
File: 2cgxxms.jpg (149 KB, 1600x973) Image search: [Google]
2cgxxms.jpg
149 KB, 1600x973
n-no one?
>>
2D roguelike dungeon platformer game where you can get different weapons and magic or something and you fuck up monsters
>>
>>24094571

I dont know that much about procedural level building desu.
>>
A game situated around a small farmstead in the middle of a forest. You play as a young man or woman trying to survive. You start out as just a tent in a small clearing, and have to try to work your way up to a house, some farm and pasture land, by clearing some trees, removing rocks from the ground, etc... Vicious animals and bandits dwell in the forest and might randomly attack you with intent to kill, so there is something providing a challenge. Also the local tax man will come for collection every so often.

Every once in awhile, a random man or woman will happen by, with various simple roles like selling you seeds, an animal, or looking for work and will stay and help. With one of them you can get to know them, live with them, get married and make a family, intending for your efforts to be carried on by subsequent generations if you get killed or can't keep up with the tax payments. The winning condition of the game is to create a farmstead which is able to be sustained against the tax man.

>tl;dr very simple harvest moon with more danger involved, could even be top-down view
>>
>>24095443

First person view is actually easier as third person because you dont need to make all kinds of walking/running animations for your main character and you dont have to make camera controlls and all kinds of other issues.

But thats a nice idea,making a note, I like it.

(even though I was more thinking about something that I can put together in a week or so)
>>
>>24094571
this pretty much

Dungeon Crawl for dungeon crawling game
Cataclysm DDA for modern zombie survival game

checkout /vg/'s roguelike general thread for more games
>>
>>24095757
oh shit ignore this post i thought you were looking for a game to play
>>
>>24094223
>>24094223
Endless runner game where the jumps are timed to the music. Essentially DDR as a platformer. Rayman has been doing gimmick levels like this for a while, but it would be a great concept for a standalone game.

Troll around on soundcloud to find songs you like, and I suspect a few of the artists would be willing to let you use their song for free publicity.
>>
>>24094223
As long as it's sandbox, has copious amounts of crafting and a 2deep4u """plot""" with game changing """decisions""" it'll sell like hotcakes. I think all you need these days are a few paid shills to ask if anybody has played it yet and then sockpuppet it into popularity. Paying off a few reviewers would work too. You could even keep the game in alpha for years before canceling the project.
>>
>>24094223
just make a text based game, shouldnt take to long requires no prior game creation knowledge and is easily marketed/sells well
check out some on https://www.choiceofgames.com/
requires some literary skill and creativity though
>>
>>24094223

Rock Paper Scissors
>>
>>24095915

I have some experience with 3d modelling, Unity and Unreal and some scripting but I am not that good at coming up with original storys.

>>24095873

Endless runner doesnt sound bad, but it would have to have some kind of original feature that makes it stand out and "different". That game that you discribed sounds kinda like Audiosurf.

>>24095883

I am not really into scamming people and I am not really doing it for income, atleast yet.
>>
File: 1446932224446.jpg (97 KB, 750x519) Image search: [Google]
1446932224446.jpg
97 KB, 750x519
>>24094223

Make a quest about depression.
>>
>>24096149
Not all platformers are the same. There are plenty of original elements and mechanics you can add to distinguish each level.

Here's what I was referring to by the way, quite different from audiosurf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhIoidHbWQs
>>
>>24094223
Another SCP game huh? Looks scary to me man. Gives me the heeby jeebies.
>>
>>24096434

To me it looks like "M-maybe... I can... suck your dik?"
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.