[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Goals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: S5e11_Marceline_in_IK's_chair.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
S5e11_Marceline_in_IK's_chair.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
What's your plan?
>Get ok job
>Get small affordable apartment
>Get a dog
>Use my money to spoil my pup and for hobbies
Is self sufficiency easy to obtain if your money and time aren't being sunk into some whore or raising a child?
>>
I don't have any at all, I don't really understand the point
>>
>>24094135
There isn't a point but we gotta find something to do while we wait for fully immersive VR
>>
Basically OP's plan but without the dog. Might get a gf if I can get one. No marriage/kids though desu senpaitachi
>>
> Get degree in computer science
> Learn to code in a couple languages
> Work some boring office job that I don't need to use my brain very hard for so I can pay the bills
> Spend my free time developing for open-source projects on the internet; Linux and such.
>>
>>24094075
I don't know, I knew at one point, but that was a delusional millenial fantasy.
>>
File: 1440003612960.gif (2 MB, 580x328) Image search: [Google]
1440003612960.gif
2 MB, 580x328
>get internship
>publish paper by graduation
>get into grad school
>not fail grad school
>publish some more
>get phd
>meet a girl
>not sperg
>find TT job
>get tenure
>maybe have a family if the gods will allow it
>not kill myself or not I dunno yet

I dunno how long I can stay on this ride desu
>>
>get a job (not likely cause no experience)
>save up cash
>move to sweden to live near online crush

that sounds really creepy nowthat I think about it but he means theworld to me and already knows what I want to do and is okay with it. Plus he's been there through all my bad spots this last year and I wouldn't trade him for the world.

>tfw he comforted me and stayed on skype with me when I was having a severe panic attack and calmed me down till I fell asleep and even stayed on the call with me just in case I woke up during the night.

I will never ever forget that. it meant so much to me that little bit of kindness.
>>
>Get in good enough shape to deserve my place in my own imaginary scenarios.
>Go back to learning Russian
>Maybe learn piano

It comes with a goal I previously became distant from and a maybe. Just brimming with eagerness, no?
>>
>get my comp sci degree

>hopefully learn to build robots

>learn artificial intelligence

>get my own place and build robots

>eventually build myself a gf
>>
>get BA
>get MA
>not be wagekek
>find gf
>>
>>24094075
>get fit
>join military
>do 4-8 years
>get degree in CS
>go into intelligence agency
>retire by 50 with possibly some contracting work and play virtual reality mount and blade 4 all day
>>
>finish losing weight
>get job
>try to get better with talking to people
>save money for surgery
>save money for new car
>save money for shitty house
>fix house up into something charming
>grow a garden with herbs and veggies
>learn German or Norwegian
>fuck a dude
>try to not end up alone
>>
>>24095356
I hate to be that guy but ah fuck it;

>com sci degree
First a bachelors will not teach you A.I. They might cover prolog or some ML basics but its not sufficine to "learn A.I"
>Learn A.I
What exactly do you mean by that? A.I is a very big field with many sub fields in it. If you mean you want to build an A.I then you may want to study A.I completeness,Turing Machines and Huerisitcs.
>Build roobts
A.I=! Robots. Robotics is its own field and more connected to EE than CS.

AS well if you want to build a waifu bot you need to be able to code its logic, you need to build a competent NLP dialogue, Machine Vision to be able to interact and be able to engineer a robot all which has been problems in all fields for well since the 60"s.
>>
>work my current job for a few years to get some decent money in the bank
>start developing my thoughts and writing them down
>leave job and go to grad school
>get phd
>publish papers and books
>probably join a university and teach and write for the rest of my life

Ideally there's a qt3.14 and possibly a family somewhere in there, but I could live a solitary life depending on how important I feel my writing is.

>>24095222
What field you in senpai?
>>
File: 1421092759681.png (511 B, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1421092759681.png
511 B, 184x184
>>24095565
Glad I can finally use this.
>>
>tfw trying to get into the music industry
Life is hard, guys.
>>
>>24095723
>Ideally there's a qt3.14 and possibly a family somewhere in there, but I could live a solitary life depending on how important I feel my writing is.
I feel the same way

I am in Computer Science with focus in Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning, I also would like to research combinatorics. What are you my basketball american?
>>
File: photo.png (283 KB, 500x503) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
283 KB, 500x503
>>24094075
>improve latin
>begin to learn either german or french in 2016
>learn violin (tired of guitar lately)
>get my ibs under control
>fuck
>continue growing out my hair on top to look like pic
>stave off depression (it's been exactly a year without an episode. feel like I'm due.)
>>
>>24095835
Philosophy. Many of my greatest intellectual heroes died virgins, so the idea isn't completely repulsive to me.
>>
>>24096089
So I heard you like penis.
>>
>>24095804
One of my friends from highschool is in that boat.
Currently he's working as an Uber driver lol.

You chose to walk that path, so walk it with no regrets or find another one.
>>
>>24094075
within the next year:
>lose 15-20 pounds
>get into masters program
>save up $6,000
>>
File: 1441550296866.png (45 KB, 654x480) Image search: [Google]
1441550296866.png
45 KB, 654x480
>>24096184
kek. That would make things easier though.
>>
>>24096097
Oh damn bro. What field of philosophy?All I can say is good luck with making in humanities.And yeah mathematics has some virgin heroes so I guess I can cling to that too.
>>
>>24096206
Why 6.000? Getting a sex change or something?
>>
>>24095565

I know this, I'm teaching myself A.I, MV, and NLP while going for bachelors, in my junior year currently. Probably gonna go into a masters if I don't feel satisfied.

I'm saving up money to work on small robot projects.

Either applying for masters in robotics or comp sci in the future.

Was joking about the robo waifu, but I've always wanted to make an A.I companion like Tony Stark's (Ironman) Jarvis.
>>
>>24096270
want to hit $25k in savings before i start grad school. no reason really, just psychological.
>>
>>24095565

Also build robots
>>
>>24096192
Yeah, I still have a long way to go, but hopefully I don't die in the streets.
>>
>>24096235
I don't think all that much about different "fields" within Philosophy, but I guess most of my interests are in Metaphysics and Epistemology. Never been super into Ethics but there's some cool stuff there as well.
And thanks, like I said I need to actually develop some of my thoughts before deciding if they're actually worth anything. My advisor and favorite professor basically tried to persuade me not to get a graduate degree in Philosophy because the job prospects are so terrible and actually making a name for yourself is so difficult.

Getting the motivation to read all those Philosophy books I was supposed to read in college would be a big step in the right direction though...
>>
>>24094075
Get a shitty job that pays enough to make ends meet and then live some kind of supremely unhealthy lifestyle until I die.
>>
>get decent job (one I can do well and I'm good enough at maybe in the public sector as there'd be more chance of staying there)
>start helping my family out with money stuff
>try not to blow my dosh on stupid shit
>fail
>have fun
>maybe try getting serious about playing bass again or take up another hobby instead
>see the few decent friends I have more often
>move out when it's affordable

Whatever happens, happens
>>
>>24096302
Oh nice.I am studying NLP so I know this stuff is fun but hard bro. Just making sure you understand how it actually is.I see a lot of fags that think they can jut write some code and bam a waifu. Makes my autism boil a bit you know.Yeah I would recommend grad see school if you are serious about it. I think Robotics/EE would be more helpful.Some notable schools are Stanford,CalTech,Berkeley,U Michigan,MIT, etc. Good luck anon.

>>24096512
Oh neat. I never delved into philosophy much but Epistemology has always intrigued me a bit.Yeah I have heard how hard humanities has been in academia. The same shit is starting to leak into STEM as well.Publish or perish is so insane now.And yeah your advisor is right, not to discourage you, but you will literally kill your chances in about 99% of jobs if you get a higher degree. Its just how it is.Good luck anon.
>>
>>24096089
foreign language and music are two of the biggest time drains that lead to nothing you could chose. also that is the worst he has ever looked.
>>
>>24096693
Hahaha

Fucking virgin nerds
>>
File: kr92.png (10 KB, 140x140) Image search: [Google]
kr92.png
10 KB, 140x140
>>24096811
o-oh ok
>>
>>24094075
I'd like to get at least one nobel prize in medicine/physiology
>>
>finish college
I'm only in my second year now and its horrible so wish me luck
>get shit history degree
Its the only thing I am remotely interested in
>get hired as a professor at a cc or teach english in some chink country
I'll probably end up as an adjunct and make absolute shit pay
>get bf
maybe someday :)
>>
>>24096693

yea I'm leaning more towards the robotics side. Thanks for the recs, I"ll check them out
>>
>>24094075
>keep working another 10 or so years, maybe take a year off after 4-5 years
>buy more guns, finish collection
>buy a couple investment properties
>hopefully make enough to retire into a small affordable apartment
>see what comes after

though sometimes its like
>wait for family to die
>wait for gf to break up with me
>sell everything but my car and nomad around the US and try to find Meaning
>kill self when run out of money
>>
My goals are:
>live in a cardboard box
>deal drugs/do drugs
>>
>>24094075
lol literally I have the same goals anon. I just also want a gf that is nerdy and likes vidya. I'm going to start going to comic con to find such a girl
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.