[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people take their horoscope seriously? This seems like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (267 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
267 KB, 900x900
Why do people take their horoscope seriously? This seems like some normie propaganda for bullshit.
>>
>>24092935

> We are born at a given moment in a given place and like vintage years of wine we have the qualities of the year and of the season in which we are born. Astrology does not lay claim to anything else. -Carl Jung
>>
>>24092935
The only future prediction I take seriously is s4s fortune desu senpai
>>
>>24092970
Except it claims to know exactly what is hapening at that certain given time and also claims to know exactly how it influences you. Also, people aren't wine, there are several different factors why wine can different qualities but thats mostly related to the climate, in a way that can't affect a human being on the same level, not celestial bodies of any kind like astrology claims.
>>
>>24092935
>Why do people take their horoscope seriously?

There are people who believe in MBTI and homeopathy, you'll find people ready to believe pretty much anything.

>>24093269

What is interesting with horoscopes isn't the horoscope itself, but why some people wants to believe and why it "works".

I often use horoscope but I always choose a sign different from my real sign: it works just as well. You could say I use horoscope ironically.
>>
I'm a Taurus and the description sums me up a lot. It could just be a coincidence though.
>>
>>24094898
It was made to fit for everyone
You're supposed to read it and think "that's totally me!" but it doesn't matter if you read the wrong one, the results are the same.
>>
>>24092935
Its good to keep track of people's birthday senpai. Imagine trying to remember individual dates as opposed to a certain time frame. Then you can narrow it from there.
Also Leo master race reporting in.
>>
File: schizophrenia_months.jpg (33 KB, 432x330) Image search: [Google]
schizophrenia_months.jpg
33 KB, 432x330
>>24093269

>there are several different factors why wine can different qualities but thats mostly related to the climate, in a way that can't affect a human being on the same level, not celestial bodies of any kind like astrology claims

Positions of celestial bodies are what ancient people used to keep track of time, not actual sources of influence on behavior. There's nothing about astrology that says the actual mechanism for differences in personality or behavior can't be caused by seasonal changes throughout the year. Pic related is one widely accepted example of differences in behavior related to birth month.
>>
>>24093641
>believe in MBTI
What does this mean? It's just categorizing you based on your own responses. It doesn't draw any conclusions that you haven't already provided. There's nothing to believe or disbelieve.
>>
>>24095527

I think the thing you can believe or disbelieve with MBTI is whether those categories can be used to make useful predictions about people who are labeled with them. That's the whole point of personality testing, trying to find a way to take input from people, return classifications as an output, and have that classification output then be useful for making predictions about other stuff.
>>
>>24095527

Personality type theory says that your personality preferences are innate and do not change over your lifetime.
This is a belief.
Also, this goes against what Jung himself wrote.

Also, people who are taking the same test a few months later will have another Type nearly half the time.

That's how reliable or unchangeable the MBTI types are.
>>
>>24095785

>Also, this goes against what Jung himself wrote.

Did Jung think introverts could become extroverts and vice versa? I don't know about the other stuff, but I'm pretty sure introverted people stay introverted and extroverted people stay extroverted.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.