[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Squatting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1.jpg (64 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
64 KB, 600x900
No matter HOW I squat it always feels like I'm doing it wrong. I've looked at a lot of tutorials but I still don't know why squatting makes my knees hurt.

I tend to avoid the exercise because I'm so bad at doing it.

Some side notes: My right knee is pointed outwards and the left and right side of body aren't balanced. Even just putting the bar on my shoulders makes me tilt to one side.

Is it okay if I do another work out or is squats the only way. I don't want to damage my knees any further because I'm such a dumb dumb.

Please help me, are there any good squatting guides for people with imbalance and bad at learning new skills?
>>
>>24092224
I do oly lifting and the way I tell me how to (high) squat is 'let your knee go forward and stay straight'.
>>
>>24092224
does it hurt when you squat just the bar?
>>
>>24092224
See a doctor, oh and nothing replaces squats
>>
www.boards.4chan.org/fit

/fit/ - Fitness
>>
>>24092224
lol looks like that dude is taking a hard dick in the ass
>>
>>24092322
Yes, I started warming up with just the bar at ~30lbs for 3x8 to see if flexing it would help.

My knee still hurt like a motherfucker.

>>24092353
I saw a physiotherapist and they told me about my imbalance but didn't give me any new tips on how to squat. Just the same old "keep knees behind the toes, go down straight", but I just CAN'T do it. I might be retarded.
>>
You can squat without the bar until you have the correct motion. I had a buddy with a spinal deformity that pretty much excluded him from doing traditional squats. He would stick to body weight and plyometrics and got pretty good results.

Squats are a great exercise, but they aren't the only way to work your lower body.
>>
>>24092390
i had the same thing, you can't balance the weight on your feet properly. Just squat down so ur ass touch the ground without the bar
>>
File: 1445652866921.png (26 KB, 686x728) Image search: [Google]
1445652866921.png
26 KB, 686x728
>>24092355
I thought they'd bully me so I just posted here, should I try there instead?
>>
>>24092431
I see some people put weights under their feet to balance their heels or something? does that help? I tried it but I didn't feel a difference.

Also is your butt suppose to do that dip thing? I heard it was bad for you.

>>24092429
thanks, I might resort to something else if I can't figure squats out by next month. I don't want to fuck up my knees somehow.
>>
>>24092491

It took me almost 6 months of continuous practice to perfect my squat motion. If you're not taught how to do it early, it's really hard to reteach your body how to move.
>>
Start doing bodyweight squats and it's variations like shrimps and pistols instead.
>>
>>24092390
Will probably need a video in order to help you. Try to keep the weight in your hips, not your knees as you go down. Does it even hurt when you do a squat without any weight? Just a bodyweight squat
>>
>that guy in the back touching his nipple
>>
>>24092575
>>24092538
alright, thanks for the advice.

No it doesn't hurt when I just use my body weight. But it hurts with just the bar for some reason. I'm not sure what keep the weight in your hips means though, could you elaborate?
>>
try kettlebell squats instead.
Also, keep your core tight butt back.
>>
>>24092224

>doing squats for any reason at all

Enjoy your lifelong injuries and chronic pain t.b.h.
>>
>>24092644
Imagine doing a chin up with primarily your biceps versus your lats. It's like that. Make sure, if you're doing a low bar squat, to let your hips move backwards first. Focus on using your core muscles and glutes to move the weight.
>>
>>24092644

Imagine doing a pullup but focusing on using your arms instead of your lats. Try to squat using your hips and core instead of standing up from your knees. You can try this with just bodyweight squats too. If it doesnt hurt you to squat bodyweight I think it's just a form problem.
>>
File: 1433732212535.jpg (6 KB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
1433732212535.jpg
6 KB, 240x232
>>24092666
That's a good suggestion actually. Are they just as good?
>>24092713
how am i suppose to get a nice ass then anon?
>>24092716
>>24092785
That helps a lot. Thanks anon, I really appreciate the tips. Maybe I'll make it one day.
>>
>>24092224
I'm in a similar position, my knees pop every time I even crouch. I've just given up on squats desu
>>
>exercise
>>>/fit/
fucking normie
>>
>>24092843
kettlebell squats are a good way to practice squat form. Do them until you get the form down then go back to barbell squats.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.