[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get high >realize how boring sitting at a computer all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: p.png (149 KB, 326x302) Image search: [Google]
p.png
149 KB, 326x302
>get high
>realize how boring sitting at a computer all day is
>couldn't care less about doing schoolwork/studying

is this what being a normie feels like?
>>
No, you're just self-conscious OP. Many people can get high without sperging out about being on a computer.

Normies usually just get high and then enjoy what they are doing.
>>
>>24092078
I guess there's no cure then. A high sperg is still a sperg who just can't into fun.
>>
>>24092041

Nah weed makes you complacent. Gotta quit doing it, anon. It takes away your dreams, takes away your knowledge. It's a stupid drug for stupid people.
>>
>>24092481
I don't feel very complacent, and I'm a loser with or without it.
>>
>drink a heavy dose of pre-workout
>don't workout
>suddenly active, talkative, and engaging other people
is this what being a normie feels like? do I just need more energy?
>>
>>24092540
yea dont listen to him anon
try drinking a little bit before you smoke and play video games
>>
I don't know if that's normie but I feel most at home and cozy in life when I'm consuming cannabis and rarely opiates in front of my computer. It's sad and definitely boring but that's life and I'm used to it. Fucked up things happen when I try to go do stuff in the real world, mostly because people are fucking evil. I stopped going out at night in my old town because cops would stop you and act like you were Al-Qaeda if you were outside past dark.
>>
File: what-00036.jpg (105 KB, 361x480) Image search: [Google]
what-00036.jpg
105 KB, 361x480
Getting high helps me cope. It's like an instant "feel good". Then again there's been plenty of times where I was horribly sad while high. Actually this is one of them.
>>
Try doing some kind of art while high. At least you'll have something to show for being a lonely stoner.
>>
>>24092481
>let's fabricate a delusional value system of perfect efficiency based on objective standards
>fuck the environment. fuck the suffering of humans and living things all over the world. the only thing that matters is my self-perpetuating identity
>one day we will build a new GOD

yeah no you're garbage. we're all garbage and we're all hurtling towards self destruction. there is nothing you can do about it, nothing is going to be okay. stop worrying so much, faggot.
>>
File: 1445557421457.jpg (35 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1445557421457.jpg
35 KB, 500x375
in a way i kind of crippled myself
>>
>>24092792
iktf. Weed isn't a very robot friendly drug unless you're just completely lacking in self-awareness, but I still have fun doing it until I spiral into depression. It can be kind of unpredictable.
>>
>>24092869
It's true, it's true,
>>
>>24092041
Its called being conscious of your actions. Congrats. You're self aware when you're high. Time to get a hobby to avoid the feeling of being shit.
>>
>>24092869
Weed is a great robot drug. It helps you cope with loneliness and depression, makes your fapping feel better and isn't demonized like other drugs are.
It just can't help when you're soul crushingly sad.
>>
>>24092892
I already have hobbies m8, but those don't take up my entire waking existence believe it or not.
>>
>>24092806

Kek dude what is wrong with you. Just speaking the truth. If you smoke weed everyday, you won't dream when you sleep, all your aspirations will crumble, and you'll lose your knowledge base. All you'll be able to do is laugh at adult swim and eat cheesy poofs. If that's fine with you, knock yourself out.
>>
Sitting in lectures while high is really fucking fascinating.

>tfw weed is the only thing that makes me feel like a human bean
>>
>>24092540

How old are you, anon? 19? 20?
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>tfw been smoking heavily every day for the past 7 months
>only sit in front of computer every time I smoke
>listen to music, play games and feel good about life for the entire day

Why would you want to go outside and shit when stoned? What's better than sitting in a comfy chair or sofa and playing vidya while eating chipotle?

N O T H I N G
O
T
I
N
G
>>
>>24092910

>helps you cope with depression

Yeah while you're high. Then when you come down it's worse, so eventually you smoke all day. Then you got real problems.
>>
>>24092963
>only dreams i remember are ones about arguing/fighting with people/family
>last one involved my brother axing a dog because this person was being an asshole to me as well as him
>only good dreams are just to torture me with what could be if i weren't a social outcast

yeah, i really miss remembering dreams.
>>
>>24093105
I smoke all day and I don't see how that's a "real problem". I do it by choice.
>>
>>24093065
22 years ( 264 moons ) old
>>
>>24092041
>is this what being a normie feels like?
This is what being a human feels like.

We weren't meant to spent all day, every day isolated in a room staring a glowing screen. I mean it's nice once in a while, but if that's your entire life, than you've really let yourself go.
>>
>>24093105
>real problems

Like what? feeling TOO good all day? Fuck off. You don't know shit.
>>
>>24093116

I understand, I had those feelings too anon. My dreams were all about being unprepared, the naked ones where you're running around and no one will help you. But I missed them eventually. The first time I dreamt after I quit the pot, I woke up smiling. And it was a shit dream. You learn to laugh from them, and you can either take them as lessons, as you seem to, or just shrug them off and go about your day.
>>
>>24092963
you're right.

but the same effect is true with alcohol. sedentary lifestyles shorten your lifespan. and sitting in front of the tv in the first place probably isn't all that great either. advil will destroy your kidneys. i feel like the fly bouncing against the light bulb some times. and depression, even though it affects higher IQ people, also lowers your IQ over time when it's chronic and long term.

personally i still believe i can find a balance. like 1-3 bowl hits every 3-4 days. ideally i wouldn't be doing it at all, but that's true about many of my habits. weed is a great medicine, but at some point you have to realize for yourself that you have to struggle to find things worth being done. the medicated existence isn't worth it in the long run.
>>
>>24093149

Okay, I'm only speaking as someone who's been there before. I had similar justifications. I wish you luck.

>>24093187

Ah, then you are still on the journey. I made the decision earlier this year to get clean. It was a tough one, lost "friends," (using buddies) but my life has only improved since.

>>24093229

This is what heroin addicts say :)
>>
>>24093308
sorry, continued

you can look up how long thc content stays in your blood stream, for example. tolerance breaks are excellent. i guess i was okay with being stupid for a long time, whoops.
>>
>>24093367
i have no real friends and no one i regularly hang out with, i consider that more of an issue than "drug abuse"
>>
>>24093370

Depression feeds off of time, it is not like a cold it won't just go away. The longer you stay in a pattern, the more it seeps into your thoughts. Challenge yourself to do one thing a day for yourself, even if it's just brushing your teeth. It will snowball on you, just like depression has.

As for tolerance breaks, they are all well and good but ultimately when you start smoking again, even if you tell yourself it will be different this time, you will find yourself in a rut and turning to the pipe again.
>>
>>24093507
What are your interests?
>>
>working pretty hard on the only thing I love
>I'm getting pretty good, but not good enough to monetize it
>pretending to care about uni
>Using uni to further my actual goals
>Hate people and interacting with them because everyone is fake as fuck
>Barely holding up social beta+ charade
>If I stay on this track I might actually be good at something for once in my life
>tfw being dismissive of people and working hard is the secret to happiness
>tfw people begin respecting me

Adopt it, fellow misanthropes. It's the secret to happiness. Fuck the world. Do what you want and don't be ashamed of it.
>>
>>24093602
music. i play guitar and bass and am "talented" but haven't done anything meaningful with it in over a year now. other than that, anime, video games, movies, books, etc.

also other musicians are mostly narcissistic assholes like i am so it really puts me off to doing stuff with that.
>>
>>24093687

Well I'm a writer so we're in a similar boat.

I don't know, I know you just said you hate musicians but if you're a bassist...isn't that what most bands look for? Just a thought, maybe if you get a touring gig that would help you meet people.
>>
>>24093796
i'm terrible with people. that's another reason i don't do anything.
>>
>>24093822

Well, ya know, the only way to get better with people is to talk to them. I know that's real normie of me to say or whatever but keep in mind that most people are self concious about social interaction too. Most people think they're bad at socializing.
>>
>>24092481
My dreams are cool as fuck when I'm smoking regularly.
>>
>>24093542
You're right. I get sucked into it. I tell myself, "oh I'm high and stupid and now I can't do anything else. better seek mindless entertainment!" I know a lot of people who smoke and handle themselves pretty well and people who enjoy it. And it's true, you can abuse the drug, just like if you eat a pint of ice cream every day you can abuse ice cream. Congratulations on getting sober, it's a good thing.
>>
>>24092481
But I like to study math while I'm high.
>>
>>24094009

Hm, this is irregular, most can't remember their dreams when they're habitual smokers.

>>24094321

Do you find yourself able to focus? Do you retain what you learn? Are you about to lie to me?
>>
>>24094495
I can't focus with or without weed, and yes I retained what I learned.
>>
>>24094321
Please don't respond to shitposters, anon.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.