[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Go to therapist today >Outed myself as a virgin the last
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
>Go to therapist today
>Outed myself as a virgin the last appointment
>She asks me why, or what's stopping me?
>Tell her I'm not Chad (I didn't actually say Chad, just the qualities that make up a Chad)
>She says she's not attracted to those things
>Laugh
>Asks me why
>Tell her that what women say they want and who they actually go for are 2 very different things

At least she didn't give me normie advice like "jus b urself :^)".
>>
Can therapy actually make a person feel better or is it just an exercise in futility and annoyance? Did your mood ever actually improve after therapy? Did your views on life change even a little bit?
>>
>>24090380
>>24090380
What did she reply?
>>
>>24090551

Bumping this question

>>24090516

And this too.

Tell us more, OP.
>>
>>24090380
tell us more shit therapist say
>>
>>24090516
>>24090551
this123
>>
>>24090516
It can, yeah. But you have to be open minded, if you go in bitter, jaded and unwilling to change you're not going to get anywhere. It also doesn't change the circumstances that led to the illness in the first place. It's all about changing the way you think and I run into problems when my and my therapist's philosophy differs. There is no right or wrong in a lot of these matters, just different shades of grey. They always tell me this way of thinking isn't constructive and is often destructive but it's a part of my value system.. it gets really frustrating. Just try to keep an open mind.
>>
>>24090706

Okay, but what did she reply?
>>
>>24090380
My psych professor said the same thing. She also gave us a handout on what attracts men and women but I fucking lost it
>>
>>24090380
>or what's stopping me

what a fucking weird thing for anyone to say let alone a therapist
>>
>>24090516
Cognitive therapy works if you work with it. Obviously it won't "fix" you but it'll help change your mindset and hope to cope with the bullshit of life in a healthy way. Half of the baka's are literally man children and refuse to mature. It's not that hard.

This place is full of faggot trolls and underage b8.
>>
>>24090734
Do you remember what the differences between men and women were supposed to be, in general terms at least?
>>
>>24090730
shrugged her shoulders .
>>
>>24090798
>shrugged her shoulders
hahaha
it's like when you call out a kid for lying
women are literally children
>>
>>24090380
For your sake, I hope that she's not young and pretty. If she is then you're in for a wild ride, especially if you get along well. Alternatively, maybe you have other women you can waste your energies on so your life won't revolve around a lie. My psychologist is married to Chad and has been defiled by him, yet she still seems perfect to me. I'm trying to figure out what to do.

>>24090516
Therapy is pointless if you have no motivation to do shit. It might be good for a while as a place to share what you're going through, but at some point you're gonna run out of shit to say. I wasted pretty much an entire year with my old psychologist like that. The only reasons I haven't quit on it is my OCD and suicidal tendencies.
>>
>>24090516
It certainly helped with my lack of motivation and struggling grades. I'm not saying I'm making all A's now, but I am at least passing everything with a solid B. I wouldn't say that it improves your moods, but it keeps you from falling into those days where you're so depressed you won't do anything. You kind of develop thought processes that you can use to bring yourself out of it so it won't be debilitating.

>>24090551
>"Could you explain more?"
>Give her anecdotal evidence of the shit I see here and normiebook, real life, etc (I didn't mention r9k)
>"I'm not going to say that you're wrong, because I understand that those are your experiences"
>Asks me about what I could offer in a relationship, something positive
>Tell her that I have nothing positive to give that a prospective gf couldn't get from a better guy
>It delves into working on my self-esteem

>>24090627
When I told her that I was a virgin at 25 and I feel like a freak, she said that it wasn't abnormal. I told her about the statistics about how virgin guys over the age of 25 are statistically the 1%.
>>
>>24090516
The object is not to feel better retard
>>
>>24090882
I have to say she handled that pretty well
A lot of therapists would just tell you that you're wrong
>>
>>24090882

It's probably more like 10-15%, so not abnormal but not normal either. We're not freaks, just life losers.
>>
File: sad-00025.gif (136 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
sad-00025.gif
136 KB, 720x405
>>24090516
I went to a therapist. I had two intake visits to get an idea of what was wrong with me and then an appointment with the actual psychologist.
>Appointment only last 15 minutes out of an hour
>Told me to just go to rehab before ever seeing him again
I wouldn't suggest it. They don't care, they just want your money.
>>
Women operate on a list of disqualifiers. Every woman's list is different, but some are consistent.

Some women don't have a problem with fat guys. Some don't have a problem with short guys. All women will have some problem with some negative quality.

You don't have to be perfect and you don't even have to be good, you just can't be bad in every single area.
>>
She's right, to a degree. My current GF exclusively hooked up with rich Chads and and soft fuckbois with huge dicks and then she met me.

I have a small dick and she's told me that I am the best she's ever had. She said that she was beginning to think she exclusively was attracted to women and didn't like dicks because every guy she fucked hurt but then we hooked up. A hookup turned into us fucking regularly which turned into us dating.
>>
>>24090380
Therapist btfo
>>
>>24090771
>>24090516
Therapists are literally the most normalfag people you will ever encounter.
>I have anxiety from being treated like shit
>surely you must be joking :^)
>I have no motivation to do anything
>just try :^)
>I feel like shit for not having a g/f or a job
>just be yourself, and shake the bosses hand :^) :^) :^)
To be a Doctor literally means you had a life where you didn't have to work, and your parents could afford to get you into >$150k debt, or you were so physically fit you only got into $100k debt. There has NEVER been a doctor of ANY field in my entire life that could actually understand what it was like not having everything in life handed to them.
>>
File: qb0ttu5.png (448 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
qb0ttu5.png
448 KB, 900x900
>>24090380

>She laughs as says she's not attracted to those things

Fucking women. They should all be gassed
>>
>>24090516
Therepy for me was fucking pointless.

I told her I felt everyone was a judgmental prick who hated me and her advice was to say "don't think that way" or "do you have any proof?"

Fucking useless.
>>
>>24090771
>the cops m'am
>>
>>24090882
>talking to a female therapist about relationship problems
HAHAHA

Of course you're going to get "just work on your self-esteem"

>>24090980
kekoldry
>>
>>24090380
Why didn't you ask her if she would date you or someone like you?
>>
>>24090951
>all women have problems with me

thanks mom
>>
>>24091076
>saw a therapist the other week
>we get to talking about anger
>I say stuff like that the law is the reason I don't act out my anger
>she asks if I wouldn't get in trouble, would there be anything stopping me
I didn't really think about it explicitly before, but yeah, if the law wasn't there, I would literally be murdering people all the time. She didn't even say anything after kek but she scheduled me with the psychiatrist to work on my meds.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>24090787
It's been a year since I took that class, so I don't really remember. I do have these notes, although they don't help much
>>
>>24091170
The male preferences are pretty much correct and they're also simple and straightforward. It's never been a mystery what men want. The female ones... eh. Saying "they just want chad" is correct but I'm not convinced that "chad" only entails college dudebros as this board likes to think.

who else tilted their head 360 degrees while reading
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.