[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Nihilists claim there is no point to life >Still won't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1432965492393.png (90 KB, 258x256) Image search: [Google]
1432965492393.png
90 KB, 258x256
>Nihilists claim there is no point to life
>Still won't kill themselves

Beta keks the lot of you
>>
File: c9jDIdT.png (286 KB, 889x592) Image search: [Google]
c9jDIdT.png
286 KB, 889x592
fjeiajfidad2
>>
>>24090012
>not understanding nihilism
>>
I think most people think of apathy when it comes to nihilism. You've got it wrong OP
>>
>>24090012
That's not how it works. There aren't really a lot of philosiphies where killing yourself is a thing to do
>>
File: 1441125444602.jpg (59 KB, 896x921) Image search: [Google]
1441125444602.jpg
59 KB, 896x921
>>24090012
What's the point in killing yourself if there's no point to life?
>>
>>24090307
Only one that comes close that I can think of is anti-natalism, but even that's kinda different.
>>
>>24090012
there's no inherent point to life, doesn't mean we can't make one for ourselves.
>>
File: 1358743003401.jpg (19 KB, 280x400) Image search: [Google]
1358743003401.jpg
19 KB, 280x400
>>24090012
>thinking nihilism is the same as depression
Nihilism is the most freeing outlook on life you can have.
>>
>>24090339

That is existentialism.
>>
>>24090012
A pointless life can still be quite enjoyable. I consider all creation utterly without purpose or meaning, and I love my life.
>>
>>24090338
Even that doesn't advocate suicide because it causes unnecessary pain to others.
>>
>>24090012
>There's no point to building sand castles when the tide is going to inevitably wash them away
>Kids still build them

Life is a sandbox game, make your own goals and rules.
>>
Lulz is my only purpose
>>
>>24090012
There's no point in anything or objectivity in the universe. This is a fact unless you have evidence to prove otherwise

The only thing you can know is that you yourself exist because you have the thought to ask the question thus you must exist in some form or another

There's no reason to live, there's no reason to die. The best you can do is continue playing the game and just do what you want
>>
>>24090365

People are fucking stupid and equate nihilism to darkness, depression and hopelessness. None of them have ever read a thing about what nihilism actually is and the different forms of nihilism that there are. Practically every time I've had one of those "deep" conversations with other people and tell them I'm essentially a nihilist as far as my outlook on life goes, they act like it's some awful, terrible thing and either act weirded out by the fact or look down on me for it. It's a pet peeve of mine, and always serves to remind me that I'm surrounded by ignorant cunts at practically all times.
>>
>>24090012
Just enjoying the scenery, amusing myself and tooling the universe. It's all about the lulz.
>>
>>24090260
This
OP is retarded
>>
>>24090976
Trolling the universe,
but not very hard, I don't enjoy causing pain.
Also there have been a few good tunes games and toys worth sticking around for. Nihilism takes the stress out of life, you can't really fuck it up.
>>
>>24090012
Just because theres no point to it doesn't mean you cant fuck around
Like if you played a game that didn't save when you closed it
>>
Being nihilistic means I don't give a fuck about what any other fuck thinks.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.