[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since most of us suffer from anxieties of all kind, share what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: Spaghpepe.png (97 KB, 456x356) Image search: [Google]
Spaghpepe.png
97 KB, 456x356
Since most of us suffer from anxieties of all kind, share what you do to help you with that

For me:
>Stretching before bed
Relieves tension from my neck and other areas which get tight from cringing and sitting huddled over. Usually do this 1-3 times a week and these are usually the nights I smoke weed as it helps further relax the muscles I stretch

>Meditation in the morning
Still trying to fully implement that in my life, been doing it 4-5 times a week for a month now and I can kinda feel a positive result atleast in my concentration

>Exercise whenever
Calesthenics, gym, bike, walking, whatever and whenever

>L theanine and/or St. John's wort tea
This is only for days I know will be stressful. Both supplements are really helpful for aleviating anxiety and mud brain,

Trying to get into:
>Yoga
>Tai chi/ qigong
(Only thing stopping me is the fear of the first time I go and have to deal with people)
>>
Tai chi is cool. Used to train few years back. It leaves you in a really calm, lucid state.
>>
>>24089738
>Exercise whenever
this is the only thing that I never understand
it makes me feel really stressed out, I feel really self counscious doing any kind of exercise
>>
>>24089738
I know that If I exercised more I would have more confidence and less anxiety... but I've never been in shape so I don't know what it's like. I don't know what my goal is or what to shoot for.

I tend to pace a lot listening to music, scripting what I might say in X situation.

Also booze.
>>
>>24089738
I walk to relieve stress and help with anxiety. I've walked around 15km so far today. I'm about to go out for another 10. It really helps me.
>>
File: 1446464521038.jpg (38 KB, 1223x1240) Image search: [Google]
1446464521038.jpg
38 KB, 1223x1240
>>24089738
Daily heroin
>>
Guided meditation through the calm app and 26 minutes of Sam Harris mindfulness. Two hours a day. Only works if you keep at it everyday for a month.
>>
File: 1374503135655.jpg (75 KB, 482x307) Image search: [Google]
1374503135655.jpg
75 KB, 482x307
Benzos
>>
>>24090640
Im no authority on the subject but I can help you with some basic stuff to get you started

>>24090515
I rarely do exercise infront other people. I go to the gym either really early or really late and I mostly stick to bars and general bodyweight training which I can do alone.
>>
File: 99333.jpg (158 KB, 963x719) Image search: [Google]
99333.jpg
158 KB, 963x719
>>24090515

>I feel really self counscious doing any kind of exercise

Meditation can help you get over that. Exercise is also #1 for neurogenesis.
>>
>>24090792
>>24090740

Used to do DXM and weed combo minimum 2 times a week to cope.
Managed to cut it down but it's good to see other anxiety-relief-seeking druggies. Makes me feel better about myself.
>>
File: anxiety medication.png (704 KB, 1015x561) Image search: [Google]
anxiety medication.png
704 KB, 1015x561
I go onto /soc/ every night before bed and photoshop a picture of one of the girls there standing in my bedroom next to my bed from the perspective of me laying in bed, then look at it for about 40 minutes while slowly moving the screen to my face like the girl is getting in bed. If 4chan is down or I can't do it for any reason I just use the folder (pic related) because I've been doing it for a while

Helps a lot with my anxiety because I can go to sleep and have a dream about a girl getting into bed with me. I go to sleep more easily this way and wake up more relaxed. It has helped me add 3 hours of sleep from 4 a night to 7. I'm not a photoshop expert as youj can see but it still helps
>>
>The realization that 99 times out of a 100 im superior to the person im talking to, and if not, why should I care what they think.
>>
iktf, fuck I hate anxiety
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.