[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will someone pls Explain what this board is all about? I Read
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1439191675134.jpg (492 KB, 984x1312) Image search: [Google]
1439191675134.jpg
492 KB, 984x1312
Will someone pls Explain what this board is all about? I Read the rules and still have no clue, It would be amazing if someone can sum it up for me

>inb4 Read Rules
>>
File: 1406757790481.gif (2 MB, 390x300) Image search: [Google]
1406757790481.gif
2 MB, 390x300
Get out normiefag
>>
>>24086902
It's about Fucking Beta-Kek-Losers that are whining and bitching.
>>
It's /b/ with a filter. All it ever was,all it will ever be.
>>
>>24086902
It's basically /b/, but with a software filter to prevent unoriginal posts.

That being said, the board culture of this place is mostly made of self-aware depressed males who have failed at life. Those who do not often fit into normal society, have trouble socializing, basically the tried-and-failed's of the world. Not unsurprising, but most posters here are also male virgins in their 20's and 30's.
>>
>>24087205
>>24086957
Dumb normies

This board is 75% people just like you here to laugh at true robots.
>>
>>24087205
So you can't post unoriginal stuff?
No more memes?
>>
>>24087242
I've been here since the original board was created (before the whole "Beta as fuck thing" that lead to Moot killing it). Waaaay before I was using a trip. I have a pretty good jist of it. This board came into existence shortly before I went to Marine Corps boot camp in February of '08.

>>24087321
You can post pretty much whatever so long as it's something that's never been said. Images can pretty much be reposted indefinitely now, the robot used to catch them, but doesn't anymore. Certain "meme" words are filtered into other things, but you can still pretty much post whatever unless it's already been said. Not sure just how far the Robot goes back, though....probably only as far as the archive?

>>24087321
>>
>>24087658
Nice credentials. Doesn't change the fact that this board is mostly normies.
>>
It's about making fun of normies.
>>
>>24086902
It's not really about anything, the user base decides what is posted.
>>
>>24087730
We get a flood of normies every time /b/ does something stupid or a shooter posts here. We'll fall back into our relative obscurity once the whole Oregon thing goes over.
>>
>>24086902
Anonymous random boards may look really zany and hilarious to redditors and other similar fuckcunts because once every two years or so, someone will post something noteworthy that will go viral, but in actual fact a percentage of the posts that is almost impossible to distinguish from 100 is written by creepy annoying meme spouting autists who post the same shit over and over again.

The idea was that by eliminating autism, the board could still retain some of the zaniness that can be found on >>>/b/, but that content would be generated by posters of a much higher caliber who wouldn't be instantly repelled by the mindless shitposting. Shitposting is the idea that a post can generate replies and attention with minimal effort and no content.

b8 threads for example are completely ineffective here because b8ing is based on the idea that a person can, with essentially no effort on their part, generate endless butthurt simply by coming up with a very simple fallacious formula.

But someone who has to put time and effort into their b8 each and every time they post has effectively defeated themselves, because they spend as much effort b8ing as the people who respond to it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.