[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you make an effort to at least healthy lives?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: salmon and spicy broccoli 2.jpg (78 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
salmon and spicy broccoli 2.jpg
78 KB, 640x427
Why don't you make an effort to at least healthy lives?
>healthy food is cheaper and delicious
>cardio isn't even necessary, just walk more
>huge benefits all round
>becomes a habit really quickly
At the very least you could stop consuming tonnes of added sugar and processed garbage
>>
File: 1393794690127.jpg (78 KB, 668x712) Image search: [Google]
1393794690127.jpg
78 KB, 668x712
>>24086370

I have been for awhile now and I'm still a depressed, lonely, miserable piece of shit
>>
>>24086370
>daily reminder that fasting is the key to slow aging, i.e. health
https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&q=caloric+restriction
>>
You burn the same calories per distance with cardio. So if you run, you'll burn it faster. Then, theres not to mention the heart benefits, then the increase in capiliaries that goes to the muscles, increasing oxygen which translates to better gains.

Why is it that lifters are so fucking afraid of cardio. If you replace one day of lifting with one day of 3 mile running, you get an increase in muscle strength.

>inb4 cardio ruins muh gains
>>
>>24086370
>cheaper
No, salmon or chicken isn't less expensive than a cheap white bread, shitty sausage and a huge can on mayo
>inb4 b-b-beans
only in usa as well
>>
File: disappointed-with-laptop.jpg (12 KB, 405x296) Image search: [Google]
disappointed-with-laptop.jpg
12 KB, 405x296
>tfw had a sugar relapse and drank some orange soda yesterday

just fuck my shit up
>>
>>24087679
Because cardio is actually fucking hard and they don't want to admit it, so they say it ruins their gainz. There is no denying the health benefits of cardiovascular exercise. It's much more important to fitness than lifting.

But compare:

>Lifting
>short duration training
>lots of rest between sets
>feels good to get the blood pumping
>feels strong and manly
>happy with the progressive overload
>makes you big, physically dominant

>Cardio
>long duration training
>short if any breaks
>out of breath
>exhausting
>sweaty
>no visible progress for physique
>>
>>24087572
This is why being fat = unattractive, and muscle = attractive. Visible muscle = low body fat = calorie restriction = healthy.

Before the modern era of weight training, over the last few decades, it was very rare for someone to be both massive and lean. Roman gladiators? They were all fat fucks. Bodybuilders of the 19th century? Fat relative to any random modern gym rat.

It's a mindfuck for attraction because it's unnatural. But humans, unlike other species, have social factors which play a large role in attraction. This is why as women age they prefer men who are bigger and less lean, whereas younger women and girls are most attracted to skinny guys. Before the girl's mind is imprinted with the media's portrayal of the ideal man, (Modern Adonis, which is a freak compared to classic Adonis), she cannot tell the difference between larger and smaller muscles, as genetically speaking, it's the visibility of the muscles alone which indicates "calorie restriction"; the foundation for genetic physical attraction.

It's no coincidence that the women who are scared of burly gym rats are the least likely to be sluts. This is because, not being a slut, they never concerned themselves with the media drama and gossip that sluts were naturally drawn to and immersed by, and so the non-sluts were never imprinted with the unnatural social standards for physical attraction.

Don't believe me? Find me a single picture of Zyzz with a normal girl. Every girl he took a pic with was a slut. This isn't because he only liked sluts, it's because the non-sluts were repulsed by him.
>>
>>24086370
>>24088517
Total bullshit. I ate nothing but junkfood for several months and lost 20 pounds. It doesn't matter what you're eating as long as it isn't a heart attack incarnate.
>>
>>24088846
What? OP is talking about swapping junk food with nutritious food to be healthier. He never mentions losing weight, which is just a matter of energy consumption. You lost weight eating junk food because you ate less of it than you needed for maintenance.

What I'm talking about is as simple as eat less = slower aging = healthy. If you eat less, you'll naturally have lower body fat, it's as simple as that, and lower body fat is attractive because we inherently know that eating more speeds up the rate of aging and therefore the incident rate other diseases as well.
>>
>>24086370
I already do. I eat healthy food and only drink water. Workout 6 days a week as well.....I'm a pretty healthy robot.
>>
I am at parents house currently. When i get back home on monday I want to start the couch to 5k challenge.

How do I keep the routine up? I always start things like this and quit a few days in. Then I proceed to hate myself even more than before starting.
>>
Perhaps my only redeeming quality is that I'm in decent shape, I lift every day and eat healthy. But calling healthy food delicious is pure B/S. I'd much rather be eating an artery clogging triple bypass burger than a fucking floret or broccoli that tastes like smegma.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.