[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else here /vidya/ because you can't cope with real life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 17
File: image.png (109 KB, 444x444) Image search: [Google]
image.png
109 KB, 444x444
Who else here /vidya/ because you can't cope with real life? Post your current game you're playing.
It's my only escape from the pains of reality. I'm playing many at the same time since I am an autistic faggot with a horrible attention span.
>>
File: Games_KF2_Logo.jpg (132 KB, 392x500) Image search: [Google]
Games_KF2_Logo.jpg
132 KB, 392x500
very fun and can run well on my potato of a computer
>>
File: 1444590058470.jpg (15 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1444590058470.jpg
15 KB, 350x350
>7,62 high calibre
>Far cry 2

Me OP.
I play enough video games just to feel dead inside.
>>
>>24083425
i finished max payne 3 today.
Kinda repetitive but r9k should like the new persona of max he just shits on everything and doesn't stop drinking
>>
used to play a lot of destiny but my regular group doesn't play so much anymore :/
i mean, i know people get busy but it was really nice having a small group of bros to raid with

just started playing league though, if anyone's got any tips for a noob morgana main that'd be swell
>>
File: zelda-tri-force-heroes-3.jpg (77 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
zelda-tri-force-heroes-3.jpg
77 KB, 900x900
>>24083425
I play vidya because I like vidya. Currenty playing Tri Force Heroes.
>>
console pleb here. playing the last of us remastered, i quite like it

really looking forward to fallout 4, been waiting for years plus i can't wait to create a badass and charismatic version of myself
>>
>>24087472
The best tip I can give you is to stop playing that game as soon as possible. You'll understand later.
>>
>>24087472

why not just play dota?
>>
>>24087548
>HATE FALLOUT 4
>>
Red Alert 2 & Yuri's Revenge
best RTS of all time tied with Stronghold imho
>>
I can't even play vidya anymore.. I've escaped reality for far too long
>>
>>24087568
i don't know, to be honest. all my league friends say dota sucks, and all my dota friends say league sucks. never played any moba game so i don't really know which is better/worse...
>>
>>24087644

I've played both. If you'd like I could tell you my experience with them. Played LoL first then started with Dota 2 back when it was closed beta.
>>
>tfw have http://vgcollect.com/nuxed
>tfw have all usa roms of nes/snes/gb/gbc/gba on homebrew'ed wii and could put all the way up to n64/ps1
>tfw just r9k nowadays
i do not know what to do.
maybe it is depression but i do not feel it.
>>
>>24087699
that'd be great, actually. do you prefer one over the other? league seems easier to get into, but that's just my impression
>>
File: 1446784358094.jpg (30 KB, 494x470) Image search: [Google]
1446784358094.jpg
30 KB, 494x470
I grew out of my adiction to vidya, but instead i became adicted to cinema, literature and music.
>>
>>24087738
I know that feeling brother

Good taste in games btw
>>
>>24087472
plat IV here. he is right. dont play league. search for another game. AND ESPECIALLY NOT A MOBA GAME.
>>
Natural Selection 2.

The NS series has been my staple since the first version of the mod was released in 2002. There's truly nothing like it, and after all these years I can tell you no two games of NS play out the same way. It's an FPS/RTS hybrid where one player on each team takes the role of an RTS commander with an aerial perspective, directing and supporting the players on the ground. The teams are totally asymmetrical as well; aliens that primarily rely on melee vs. NANOMACHINES, Marines fighting over resource nodes which are necessary to tech up and build structures/weapons/bigger aliens and tech points which are the only locations on the map where new hives or Marine spawns can be built.

I also play Killing Floor 2 when I want something I can turn off my brain to. Just got my zerker to 25, now all that's left are firebug and demo.

I'm not sure you could say I play games to escape life, more that they are a huge part of my life and I've been playing them since I was old enough. They are my juice; if I were younger, I'd be trying hard to go pro. As it stands I might start up a YT channel just for fun rather than profit.
>>
>>24083425
Fire emblem
>>
>>24087808

This is all from personal experience and is my opinion. Please don't take any of the following as hard facts.

> League:
+ wide variety of champions ranging from buff manly men to cute little critters to hot girls
+ decent graphics
+ wide variety of items
- after a few games you realize it's always the same: sit in the lane farming for 30-40 minutes then "teamfight" which means walking around the map for 20 minutes until some moron gets caught and gangbanged like a retard
- snowballing is more noticeable in this game in that the team that has the gold advantage at 15-20 minutes wins the match 90% of the time
- you don't lose gold from death so ganking carries to slow them down is worthless
- towers have way too much HP
- same number of minions spawn every wave even at 60 minutes which stalls the game forever if towers are not pushed by players
- Riot is fucking shit at filtering people and instead makes players ban other players through their "tribunal" garbage ie. if you said anything, ANYTHING slightly negative during the match and a couple of fuckwads decided to report you for losing there will be punishment
- "toxic :^)"
- champions are placed behind paywalls, you have to grind about 100 games to unlock a single champion depending on cost, this somehow is justified by rotating "free to play" champions every week (12 per week in a roster of 100+, ridiculous), champion visual customization is only available through real money
- players with more playtime gain an actual in-game advantage over newer players through the "rune system" which is basically buying stats for your champions through the same currency you use to unlock them which are present from the start of the match
- no destructible environment, no paths through the trees, map is 100% symmetrical from both sides

I'm too lazy to write down what I do like from Dota but basically it fixes the negatives from LoL. All heroes available from the start, no advantages over other players through in-g
>>
File: photo.jpg (61 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
61 KB, 900x900
Do you think Hullo gets keked while he's in the basement with his toys?
>>
Playing Black Ops 3. Just got an email from amazon that they dispatched my Fallout 4 pre-order. Does that mean that I'm gonna get the game early?
>>
>>24088397
generally whichever one you start out playing will be your favorite, for me it was league. I play dota sometimes, I'm not good at it at all, but I still respect the fact that its a good game.
>>
File: 4L_wKgvDb12.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
4L_wKgvDb12.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>24083425
First time playing the series. Just bought the trilogy pack.
>>
>>24087808
>>24088397

Forgot to mention League has no casting times or turning animations, also more responsive attack times This works both ways in that the game feels a little smoother but ranged heroes will always shit on melee heroes through kiting.

Dota will feel like SHIT after playing LoL but it's the better game in my opinion.
>>
Super Mario 3dworld
trying to get all the stars
>>
>been playing nothing but zoo tycoon for weeks now
what the fuck is wrong with me
>>
File: 1405417051719.jpg (70 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1405417051719.jpg
70 KB, 400x388
>>24088368
good taste

also fuck this nigger ''originality'' system
>>
>>24088520
I want to know this too.
My mom played a lot of that for a while.
>>
>>24083425
I just got battlefield a few days ago for $3 because someone had it on hold and never picked it up
feels good man
almost balances out the existential depression
>>
File: image.png (60 KB, 404x251) Image search: [Google]
image.png
60 KB, 404x251
Pic related feed the robot yeah

Never played it before just bought a ps4. Just beat vicar Amelia
>>
>>24083425
Hi friend. I'm playing eve online, mining unless there's a fleet to go out on. While I'm mining I'm playing, destiny, the witcher, minecraft, little bit of hearthstone and heroes of the storm. Watching Blizzcon atm and loving it. I've really only got into twitch over the last few weeks, but it's comfy af. Especially like anything that's professionally commentated, must be asmr or something.
>>
>>24088579
My mom only plays the diablo games. She has hundreds of hours pooled into each game, and has 1 or 2 playthroughs of each character on each game. Refuses to play any other titles
>>
>>24088749
That's something. How old is she?
>>
>>24088781
had me when she was 17
>>
>>24088781
>>24088835
Idk who that guy is but my mom is 55
>>
>>24088835

That would make you 14 years old and underage b&
>>
>>24088155
thanks.
here is what am playing nowadays when i get the motivation;
[S][FC]NES
- ARKANOID1
- PLOK
- KIRBY DREAMLAND3
- TETRIS1/TETRIS ATTACK
- DRAGON WARRIOR2
- YOSHI/YOSHI'S COOKIE
- WIZARDS AND WARRIORS1
- UNIRACERS
- THE CHESSMASTER
- SUPER PUYO PUYO REMIX
- Torneko's Great Adventure

GB[C][A]
- PKMN [JAP] YELLOW/[ENG] EMERALD
- KIRBY BLOCK BALL
- TETRIS1/tetris attack
- FINALFANTASY [DOS]2/LEGENDS1
- DR.MARIO

[3]DS
- PKMN WHITE1/BLACK2

PS[2][3]
- FF 10
- GTA VICE CITY/4/5
- KINGDOM OF AL
>>
>Forza 6
>GTA V

On the computer:
>War Thunder

Can't play it much though because my computer keeps on blue screening when it comes under load for a period of time.
>>
>>24088858
no
i promise im 18
i meant to say shes 35
>>
File: weary wojak illuminated.jpg (75 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
weary wojak illuminated.jpg
75 KB, 645x773
I don't even play games anymore, I just buy them

I'd probably have fun, but what's the point anymore
>>
Any game that I can play with an Xbox controller?
>>
Been playing the hell out of SWTOR for a while.
>>
>>24088781
>>24088852

How the fuck do you even know that? I have no idea how old my parents are. All I know is my dad is early-mid 70s and my mom is early 60s maybe?
>>
>>24088974
most people are not shitty children
>>
>>24088987
wait, i forgot where I was
ignore that last post
>>
I just started Catherine yesterday, but it's been hours and I CAN'T FUCKING BEAT THIS DOOM'S BRIDE UGHH edge

Otherwise it's a solid game IMO.

Also playing Dead Space when I wanna throw my controller across the room from Catherine.
>>
Vulkaiser. I like shmups so I play them a lot. Can't afford any new ones which sucks, but at least they help me forget how shit everything is.
>>
Who /MonsterHunter/ here?

>tfw just beat 2 Tigrex easily with Narga S armor and Hidden Saber
>>
>>24087505
How you're liking it anon? Been considering loading it into my gateway.
>>
playing moded oblivion/skyrim, devil may cry 4 special edition, hearthstone and scripting custom missions in arma2
I used to play mmos a lot.
>tfw not even games can make me happy anymore.
>tfw turning off game after 30 minutes
>>
>Want to play TW:Arena
>Can't get over solo queue anxiety to even play a single fucking game
HELL. If I could at least play 1 practice round i'd be fine but fuck.
>>
File: 1441010504818.png (30 KB, 354x425) Image search: [Google]
1441010504818.png
30 KB, 354x425
>>24089266
Me too, I played RE4 yesterday and it was boring.
RPGs are boring, action games are repetitive...
>>
>>24088368
Is this game still alive? Worth playing if you've never played it?
>>
>>24089428
Sorry, I meant to ask about Natural Selection 2
>>
bloodbourne lol
>>
I play nothing but RPGs because I have no friends so my party members are the closest thing ill ever have
>>
>>24083425
Trying to build a new pc so I can. Mostly will be playing Magic Duels. Maybe some StarCraft. Might try to find some more building games, but they typically suck and aren't customizable.
>>
>>24088924
I understand how you feel. My ability to be interested in things comes and goes now.

Unless you're someone I hate. Then you can fucking die.
>>
File: Natural_Selection_2_Artwork_06.jpg (283 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Natural_Selection_2_Artwork_06.jpg
283 KB, 1920x1080
>>24089428
Yeah, it's still alive. the hardcore community is going to stick with it for quite a while, because we really have nowhere else to go. It's the only game of its genre, or at least the only one worth two shits.

But I'll warn you: since it's entirely skill based, many of the players bought it at release and played NS1, and it has a practically infinite skill ceiling, you'll most likely be horrifically raped for your first 20-50 hours (unless you are already very good at FPS and play exclusively as Marines). So bring some lube along with an open mind and butthole and it will be a pleasurable learning experience. Most veterans are willing to tutor new players because there are a ton of mechanics going on.
>>
>friend is a literal morbidly obese manchild lolicon with an MS in Comp Sci
>he literally can't be without some MMO type shit for more than a day
>>
>>24089810
Cool. I'll look into it. It's only 10 bucks on steam so I think I know what I'll be doing in a few hours!
>>
>>24088368
>play NS
>it's a CS style shitfest in tiny hallways with shitty level design
Tremulous has, and always will be, better in every way.
>>
>>24089889
It is in no way similar to CS aside from being an FPS. The only shitty maps are custom.
>>
>>24083425
>play video games
>get angry at game because I am a manchild who cannot handle losing
>yell and scream and swear and maybe pound my bed or desk
>parents tell me to shut up
>feel like shit
>stop playing video games or play only casual shit that I don't really enjoy but at least I don't get angry

I wish I could play vidya, anon.
>>
>Buy a PS3 because I don't have any hobbies or friends
>People laugh at me because the PS4 is out, and everyone plays computer games
>Don't have enough money for a gaming computer.
>Play GTA 5 Online almost exclusively
>Started 4 months ago and would get killed relentlessly in freemode
>Rank 57 as of today and a .67 K/D ration
>I can play this video game from the moment I wake up until I go to bed
>Feel like a waste of space for playing it so much
>Don't study for school ever
>>
File: 1431148458465.jpg (19 KB, 475x401) Image search: [Google]
1431148458465.jpg
19 KB, 475x401
>>24083425
>can't afford console or new computer
>just watch steamers pay the games in interested in on YouTube

You don't know depravity until you've watched a 40 episode playthrough of Crusader Kings 2 and liked it.
>>
MGS 2, I like the weird humor it has so far.
I really suck at vidya (like most other things in life), so I'm four hours in but have just met the bomb disposal guy.
>>
File: 1444582177764.jpg (36 KB, 700x600) Image search: [Google]
1444582177764.jpg
36 KB, 700x600
>poor as fuck ever since I lost my old job
>family sees me as a disappointment
>alcoholic
>wife and son died years ago
>no friends
>no hope for the future
But man do I love video games.
>>
File: 1444099805149.jpg (599 KB, 643x900) Image search: [Google]
1444099805149.jpg
599 KB, 643x900
>>24087472
Advice for a morgana main: don't main morgana

She sucks rn and honestly if you're gonna get good, get good at a champ who is actually viable.
>>
>>24090429
h-how'd they die?
>>
>>24083425
Same here family

Playing FNV and Far Cry 3 atm

>inb4 normie
>>
>>24090606
Suicide and a car, respectively. She was supposed to be watching him while he played outside, and killed herself while I was at work a couple months later. That's why I got back into video games as heavily as I have.
>>
File: 1377801518592.jpg (141 KB, 960x541) Image search: [Google]
1377801518592.jpg
141 KB, 960x541
>>24083425
>tfw not even vidya is fun anymore
>>
>>24083425
I play only competitive games because i want to prove that i'm better than everyone else.
When i lose i get very salty and start insulting people.
I think i'll quit playing soon.
>>
Wasteland 2
It's fun so far (still near the beginning of the game) but I'm having a hard time getting used to the camera. I always feel like I can't see shit and don't know where I'm going. But I like the customization and old-school aspects of the game.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.