[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dailly reminder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 12
File: 1446756950585.png (155 KB, 563x542) Image search: [Google]
1446756950585.png
155 KB, 563x542
that depression and "mental illness" is just a reactionary defence framework by your selfish brain if your ego is not satisfied and when things in life don't go according to YOUR expectations. Its basically your brain's way of throwing tantrums like a spoilt child
>>
>>24080785
You're probably right, but there's no way to solve it.
>>
hurr durr schizophrenia isn't real
>>
Depression don't real.
>>
How do you explain me having no desire to improve/live and not see anything in the future since I was a 6 years old?
>>
>>24080785
That in no way diminishes the significance of the condition.
>>
>>24080785
>spoilt
>>
>>24081516

What makes you think that not everyone is like this
>>
>>24081650
What makes you think they are?

I was told in mental hospital that I see reality different than what is actually there.
>>
Tell that to my schizophrenia
>>
>>24080830
>>24081724

This.

OP needs to have a psychotic break and kill himself.
>>
You are less intelligent than a group of robots. Think about that. Next step is to off yo self.
>>
>>24080840
well it don't. any guy who says "wah my depression" is just a loser bitch.
>>
>>24081704
> i was told something to make me feel better
> i was told something and use it to justify my life
> i was told something and parrot it when someone disagrees with me
> i was told something and since i can't think for myself i say it to make me feel better

i'm telling you you're an idiot and a weakling. fucking grow a pair you faggot
>>
>>24081956
How can you even say that about me? You don't even know me.
>>
File: 1406248015414s.jpg (6 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1406248015414s.jpg
6 KB, 250x241
>>24081973
>You don't even know me.

The default response used by someone who is confronted with a truth about themselves that they would rather not face.

This phrase is commonly used by addicts, those with low self esteem and just about anyone else whose biggest fear is that someone else will notice their problem and offer to help.

Using this phrase successfully pushes away anyone wanting to help, and the user ironically ensures that indeed, nobody will ever know them.
>>
>>24080785
This is what I've been saying for years. started seeing a therapist lately but he keeps telling me depression is real. And I try to explain why I'm just lazy and selfish and I really don't need to be here, he thinks I'm delusional.
Well am I? Are we?
>>
File: 1425333281002.png (127 KB, 359x414) Image search: [Google]
1425333281002.png
127 KB, 359x414
>all mental illnesses are made up on the spot by 'professionals'
>huge spectrum of mental illnesses that can theoretically cover the entire population if everyone went to a psychiatrist
>there is not a single medical test you can do to prove the existance of a mental illness
>there is not a single medicine that works against mental illnesses, but they sell it anyway

Reminder that mental illnesses are the biggest scam on the planet right now. Calling a mood a disease and demanding money to 'fix' it is nothing more than that.
>>
>>24082046
You literally know nothing about him. Your point is invalid, mindkek
>>
>>24082046
>addict
Check
>low self esteem
Check

Thanks for your fine advice! I'll grow a pair right away and use that pair to turn around my life and my perception of reality. 10/10, m8.
>>
>>24082095
No, I get what he's saying though.
>addicts, those with low self esteem and just about anyone else whose biggest fear is that someone else will notice their problem and offer to help.
You don't NEED to know anything about these people. You can know everything you need to know about them just by looking at them. All the internal factors are irrelevant.
>>
>>24082082

Antidepressants make up a HUGE % of sales for big pharma.

Notice how there is no cure. You just have to keep on taking them until you somehow trick your mind to be happy again or whatever.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_selling_pharmaceutical_products
>>
>>24082046
> i was told something to make me feel better
Doesn't make me feel better.

> i was told something and use it to justify my life
I was diagnosed with social phobia, depression, obsessive compulsive disorder.

> i was told something and parrot it when someone disagrees with me
Nothing to disagree.

> i was told something and since i can't think for myself i say it to make me feel better
I can think for myself. I knew this before I even went to mental hospital, only it wasn't diagnosed by a doctor.

I went to mental hospital for help on my one so I am not afraid of seeking help. I am not an addict. I have low self esteem which is due to shitty childhood.

But ofc you know me.
>>
>>24082132
Or, actually, let me add on to that, not just by looking at them because looks can deceive, but just by KNOWING they exist.
Just by having a mental picture of them and knowing a few words of information you know everything you need to in order to make value judgements.
It's a product of the 21st century "i'm-ok-you're-ok", "feel-good" mentality that we need all kinds of information to make value judgements. All you really need is a look and a couple of words.
>>
>>24080785
Nigger, depression isn't made up. You know why? Because it's all chemicals. "self esteem" and "happiness" is not something you acquire by doing mental gymnastics, it's either something you're born with or by doing something you enjoy (vidya, anime, board games)/drugs

It's all chemicals and there is nothing skillful about being born with them. It's like bragging that winning the lottery took lots of skill
>>
File: 8kHmL.png (150 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
8kHmL.png
150 KB, 500x371
haha yes just b urself
>>
>>24080785
No, it's the brains inability to release endorphins for the feel good response. Through pain the brain can release endorphins for a feel good response, which is why a lot of athletes and body builders are so damn happy, naturally. The ones who don't, end up hurting themselves in other ways, like self cutting/mutilation. These people's brains are dangerously prone to disregard ethical behaviour and act like they will not succumb to punishment. Be careful because the only difference between a suicidal person and a serial killer is thier targets.
>>
>>24082251
The feeling of depression might be real, but that doesn't mean anything.
People with all but the most severe depression still get out of bed, drive cars, go shopping, all these complicated actions.
If you're capable of doing all those actions, then there's no reason you should be incapable of doing any expected action. So to say "muh depression" as an excuse not to do something is completely fake, because there's no reason feeling bad should prevent you from doing any action. Actions are just mechanical. No matter how bad you feel you can still force yourself to perform all the necessary actions of life, and nobody would even be able to tell you're "depressed".
If you can tell somebody's depressed, that means they're lazy, etc.
>>
File: 1373300028871.jpg (42 KB, 409x350) Image search: [Google]
1373300028871.jpg
42 KB, 409x350
>>24082360

>If you can tell somebody's depressed, that means they're lazy

hilarious
>>
>>24082360
Well you see, there's an in between from bedridden to capable individual

Like how school is mandatory, so it transitions to work later in life
That's what robots really are only capable of doing, since almost anything else is valuntary and they choose to just stay home all day on a PC because that's one of the only things that makes them happy (aka dopamine)

And there's also no "feeling of depression". When Stacy says she's depressed, she means she's annoyed that her plans got set back since she has to go A WHOLE DAY without Chad by her and she can't do that.
>>
>>24082161
>But ofc you know me.

You basically just proved my point. I have seen hundreds of similar comments like yours on /adv/. And you know one thing they have in common? An excessive need for attention.
>>
File: 1445873274479.jpg (110 KB, 960x925) Image search: [Google]
1445873274479.jpg
110 KB, 960x925
>>24080785
Thanks OP!
I'm going to go out into the world and b myself now, you've convinced me! farewell weak temper tantrum losers faking mental illness!
what? depression and anxiety have been demonstrated to have genetic roots and cause notably different neural pathway activation in CT scans
huh, wow what a bunch of weak self-justifying liars, why can't you just be yourself like me. I clearly know better than trained professionals with over a half a century of medical research with numerous studies that I can read online at any fucking time.

I'm happy therefore you can be

antidepressants are just sugar pills

praise jesus
>>
>>24082360
No it's the brain, because it doesn't trigger the response for reward, so they lay in bed because they feel "what's the point" because whatever they do, that endorphin release or reward system is not there. That's why people get depressed over no girlfriend because they are looking for validation and reward.
>>
>>24082447
Yes, this is why I always played defense in sports when I was a child even though coaches wanted me in offense. This is why I liked being in B team over A team in soccer even though coach wanted me in A team.

That's why I stopped making friends in high school and stopped talking to my friends.

That's why I don't even talk to people outside of my family in the last 6 years.

That's why I dropped out of university even though I was top 5 in my class.

That's why I haven't made a single friend in online video games that I play.

It's all because I want attention. If you knew anything about me you would know that I hate attention, you would know that being in center of attention is horrible for those with social anxiety/phobia.
>>
>>24082456
>>24082411
But you can FORCE yourself. It's just actions. Even if there's no reward you're physically capable of performing those actions. All it takes is to issue the commands.
People (like me) who don't perform the actions are unequivocally lazy. What other explanation is there?
>>
>>24082456
you've got the general idea of how it works

but it's less dependent on the opioid system and much more dependent of the monoamine neurotransmitters (serotonin,norepenephrine and dopamine) as well as GABA in the case of anxiety
>>
>>24082535
The irony is suffocating me. You say you don't want attention yet you make a post like this one.
And I'm spoonfeeding it to you by replying, I know, but I just had to call that out.
>>
>>24082535

all those are signs of narcissistic personality disorder m8
>>
>>24082580
You think I get attention by posting on /r9k/ or something?

Or is every statement any person ever makes only because they want attention?
>>
>Ugly
>Short
>Weird
>No friends
>Shit job

How am I not depressed? I should be but I'm still happy as fuck most of the time, I don't understand. I want some sympathy for being depressed but I'm always smiling despite being a loner.
>>
>>24082609
>Or is every statement any person ever makes only because they want attention?
Only statements specifically mentioning themselves. People should refrain from making statements about themselves unless it's directly relevant to a task at hand.
>>
>>24082560
>FORCE yourself
>become more depressed since you put so much effort into nothing
Sure
JST BEE URSELF, AKA BE WHAT THE TELEJEW TELLS ME TO BE
>>
>>24082609
>You think I get attention by posting on /r9k/ or something?

r9k is a place for people to basically release their frustrations in life in a comedic way (often using pepes or wojaks). if that isn't a cry for attention, I don't know what is.
>>
>>24082651
Just stay in front of your computer everyday and take pills. Guarantee you'll feel better
>>
File: ROC00040.jpg (36 KB, 288x216) Image search: [Google]
ROC00040.jpg
36 KB, 288x216
>>24082686
it's working for me bud
>>
>>24080785
daily reminder you are a college dropout and learn everything from shit posted on 4chan

go back to /pol/ you inbred nigger
>>
>>24082651
>>FORCE yourself

that is the truth, believe it or not.

Only you have the ability to change the corrupted and negative thinking your brain has become so used to.

No amount of meds can cure you.

Talking to a therapist and having supportive friends/family helps.
>>
>>24082651
confirmed for never even trying.
>>
>>24082686
Basically more or less. Drugs are the only thing that can make you feel better.

Just because people trick you into thinking that pseudo science and "self improvement" is a thing doesn't make it real. I'm 100% sure that you have never had depression or any bumps in your life for that matter. You're just a smug narcissistic cunt that tells people "advice" because you want to feel better than them and make them out to be lazy, while you're making yourself out to be a role model
>>
>>24082720
>corrupted and negative thinking

But the corrupted and negative thinking is based on truth, compared to the optimistic normie delusion that usually just ignores the truth to feel better.
>>
>>24082634
>How am I not depressed? I should be but I'm still happy as fuck most of the time, I don't understand. I want some sympathy for being depressed but I'm always smiling despite being a loner.

Its probably because you have accepted your shortcomings and are somehow at peace with them.

congrats anon.
>>
>>24082651
>>become more depressed since you put so much effort into nothing
Becoming more depressed won't matter, because you're forcing yourself to complete the actions it doesn't matter how depressed you are, you'll still complete the actions. That's what matters.
>>
File: 1422398168771.jpg (138 KB, 908x540) Image search: [Google]
1422398168771.jpg
138 KB, 908x540
While there are people whose problems are caused by chemical imbalances, most people with 'mental illness' are only labeled as such by normies, because normies seem to think there's something wrong with you if you're not a shining ball of happiness. Take me, for instance - depression runs in my family and I would probably get diagnosed with it if I went to see a professional, but my unhappiness is rational. When I think "I wish I was dead," I can list concrete reasons for it. In most cases, mental illness is a means of oppressing those who don't enjoy the status quo.
>>
>>24082757
>But the corrupted and negative thinking is based on truth, compared to the optimistic normie delusion that usually just ignores the truth to feel better.

Think about it this way. You are essentially make a choice to NOT integrate with normal society because you choose to believe in the conspiracy theories.

free will is a bitch.
>>
File: 1431276340734.png (21 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1431276340734.png
21 KB, 500x500
>>24082720
>Talking to a therapist
aka profecional jews

>"yes goy, talk to me and don't take those silly meds! medication doesn't help you, but talking to doctor Goldstein sure does! me reinstating what you already think helps you and is 100% guaranteed to cure you! just ask my past patients"
>>
>>24082807
Depression isn't a 1 or a 0. You can get more depressed when you realize how much times you're wasting by doing nothing productive while not doing anything that makes you happy.
>>
>>24082825
There is no such thing as free will, first and foremost.

Also it's not conspiracy theories, it's really basic proven stuff that normies ignore to feel good. Like importance of height, the whole "size don't matter" shit, how much your genes and family determine your life. There is lots of things that aren't really conspiracy theories, that's just what normies call them so they don't have to deal with them.
>>
>>24082821
Agreed

Also "antisocial behavior" literally just means things that are illegal or normies don't like
>>
>>24082829
>yes goy, talk to me and don't take those silly meds!

But pharma companies are also jews

And eventually you'll develop a tolerance to the meds and become mentally ill again
>>
>>24080785
Ziggie Fraud (the father of psychopatheticry) was of the tribe that we do not mention
>>
>everything is just a chemical balance
>muh mental illnesses are not real
Literally only psychotic people or people in denial of their own mental illnesses says these things. Off yourselves.
>>
>>24083091
But therapists are more jewish since they ask for more money and you actually have to take the time of day to meet them and talk to them about nothing
>>
>>24082560
I forced myself to work until I ended up attempting suicide because there was no other way out

Now I just work until I hit my breaking point then I quit, I'm basically fucked for life since I can't hold a job, my resume is horrific
>>
>>24082082
>there is not a single medicine that works against mental illnesses

Antipsychotics work pretty well for schizophrenia
>>
My bf hasn't responded correctly to depression. Still has no aspirations and doesn't even play video games. It's kind of annoying because he has nothing to do when I'm working on my stuff. I don't mind that the drugs make him nearly asexual. I wouldn't want anal more than once a month.
>>
>>24082560

You can force yourself to, but eventually you will become too tired of trudging along without purpose or hope, and either off yourself or take up some kind of drug.
>>
>>24082535
all these siggie frauds in this thread, wonder iof they are of the same tribe that he was

doesn't want attention, cdlaim he's a narcissist, durrrrrrrrr
>>
>>24083210

yeah

at the basic level life is just survival of the fittest

if you aren't able to integrate into society, make friends or have relationships, you are really better off just killing yourself because you are not fulfilling your evolutionary objective

but society believes in "muh sanctity of life", so suicide is illegal or extremely hard to carry out successfully
>>
>>24082825
>conspiracy theories
confirmed for cointelpro psyop shill

all it takes for a conspiracy is for two people to act together on a plan they discuss in secret
>>
>>24082571
Yeah, but we all have been raised by parents and achieving those expectations. Once they are absent they cannot function without the social reward and having a person reassure them, hence. That face when no girlfriend. You can call them manchild or whatever, because it boils down to them associating a female to reassure thier life's purpose, which is pro-creation.
>>
http://www.nutritionfacts.org/video/do-antidepressant-drugs-really-work/
>>
>>24082878
>There is no such thing as free will, first and foremost
can you prove this?
>>
>>24083371
I wouldn't mind working if there was actually something I wanted to do but I have no passion for anything so I'm stuck working shitty menial jobs
>>
>>24083427
No. I'm not even going to bother. It's obvious. When you prove something to normies, they call you autistic and laugh, so I'm going to do the same when normies ask me to prove something.
>>
daily reminder that high school dropouts from /pol/ think they know more than actual doctors
>>
>>24083459

you can blame excessive freedom for that

before, people were just chill with one job throughout their life

but now, globalisation, overcompetition, overchoice, the "world is your oyster" mentality is causing a massive rift between those who can grab opportunity and those who can't.
>>
>>24081516
Some genetics, but also your upbringing and experiences, and possibly some oppressive thought structures that you've learned to keep you down and out of harm's way.
>>
>>24083420
Indeed, it was Freud's own view that psychoanalysis should appear both shocking and subversive. On board ship to America, the Jew Freud did not feel he was bringing America a new panacea. With his wretched Jewish wit he told his travelling companion, "We are bringing America the plague."

http://www.realjewnews.com/?p=53

intellectual means believing psuedoscience designed to subvert western culture does it?
>>
>>24083480
why are you assuming I'm a normie?

surely we should only hold positions that we can prove?

recently I've been struggling with my ability to believe in a round earth, after watching a flat earth vid, I can't think of any way to prove to myself that it is round
>>
>>24082651
>You are already putting a lot of effort into doing nothing.
>>
>>24083668
>go outside
>see satellite
How do you explain that?
>>
File: Elohim_El-O-El.jpg (36 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Elohim_El-O-El.jpg
36 KB, 500x500
>>24082755
>TFW this guy took sarcastic advice to be serious.

You really think that nobody has felt better from any number of self improvement products, or trying to bee themselves and learn to love who they are, and millions of people still espouse this to be true to this day?

Do you think you're one of the (street) smartest people on earth?
Do you think you're a very moral, nice guy and that most people are shitty human beings?
Do you think the world owes you something?
Do you examine other's lives more than you examine your own?
>>
>>24083821
>Do you think you're one of the (street) smartest people on earth?
Yes
>Do you think you're a very moral, nice guy and that most people are shitty human beings?
Yes
>Do you think the world owes you something?
Yes
>Do you examine other's lives more than you examine your own?
No
>>
>>24083821
>You really think that nobody has felt better from any number of self improvement products, or trying to bee themselves and learn to love who they are, and millions of people still espouse this to be true to this day?
Drugs are a self improvement method though. If you wanted, you could just try to be a normie when you're on them. Won't make you one though. You'll still be dependent on the drug to make you imitate normies

>Do you think you're one of the (street) smartest people on earth?
Taking advice from people on /r9k/ of all places isn't smart if you're implying that you're enlightened individuals
>Do you think you're a very moral, nice guy and that most people are shitty human beings?
Yes infact. Most people are degenerates. Is normies culture like violence or going to clubs smart or morally right?
>Do you think the world owes you something?
Maybe being born a woman. Life with cheat codes
>Do you examine other's lives more than you examine your own?
Basically since I'm depressed and I can't (and won't) do anything about it. I've gotten to the conclusion that going on pills and whatnot to become a normie won't work and I'll just end up where I started, but I've basically wasted my time instead of building my e-penis of anime and video games
>>
>>24083728
I can't see any satellites, I have no telescope either

maybe I should get one, I was thikning that satellite tv must prove there are satellites, but I dunno anymore

it's really getting to me
>>
>>24083933

http://spaceweather.com/flybys/

The ISS is over the U.S. a lot this week. It's as bright as Venus. I don't bother with anything less than 60 degrees. There's also some iridium flares to see most of the time. Everything else is way dim.
>>
>>24080785
Thanks this actually helped a bit
>>
>>24083925
Why won't you do anything about it?
>>
>>24084144
Why would I? Literally nothing will change. I don't need to spend my life doing nothing but that to know it.
>>
File: 1347777274766.png (635 KB, 1118x603) Image search: [Google]
1347777274766.png
635 KB, 1118x603
people taking this shitty bait is proof that mental illness is real tho
>>
>>24084047
thanks bro, will try it out

I know this sounds daft, but the flat earthers claim the ISS could just be a hologram

is there another way to prove it?

yeah I know, I'm a sad case, officially agnostic on flat/round earth
>>
>people are responding to this shitty low quality bait

Fuck this board and all the newfaggot underage kids.
>>
>>24084178
Don't you want normie life?Wife, kids, good job etc?
>>
>>24084279
>Don't you want normie life?Wife, kids, good job etc?
Not really
The only thing I really need money for is for my hobbies, why else would I work?
>>
>>24084279
I just want to DINK with my bf. But he wants kids. So we'll probably split eventually.
>>
>>24080785
thanks for reminding me that bro
>>
Should I play Depression Quest to better understand my pill popping bf?
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.