[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>just go outside and meet people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 12
File: 1446637346430.jpg (7 KB, 249x243) Image search: [Google]
1446637346430.jpg
7 KB, 249x243
>>
how else you gonna meet people you faggot? get over yourself.
>>
>>24080215
It's such an empty statement. Go out and walk to the park?
>>
>Just go out and make new friends
>I don't like you hanging out with them
>Where are you?
>Come home
AND THEY WONDER WHY I WAS AND STILL AM GF LESS
YOU FUCKED ME FOR LIFE
LIFE
>>
Watch a let's play of Cibele and get over it and just be yourself on the internet, OP, you'll get a qt virgin internet girlfriend that you can fly over to make sweet love with too.
>>
>>24080257
join meetups, clubs, sports groups, attend networking events, etc.
>>
Maybe if OP were more of a shitposting shut-in faggot he'd meet people. That makes the most sense.
>>
File: 1414613401164.jpg (41 KB, 400x343) Image search: [Google]
1414613401164.jpg
41 KB, 400x343
>>24080198
>decide to go out and make friends
>realize i have nowhere to go
>cry
>>
>>24080317
They don't do that kind of stuff here in the UK.
>>
>just go to the gym bruuuuh
>>
>go to school
>want to meet people
>nobody is interested
>get a job
>want to meet people
>nobody is interested
>start going to the gym
>would be nice to meet somebody
>nobody is interested

Meeting people is a normalfag meme.
>>
>>24080198
>just stop watching hours of anime every day
>just stop masturbating all the time
>>
>>24080215
>>24080400
>>24080317

Most likely, a robot wouldn't be a likeable person or nobody could relate to him enough to maintain a friendship. No one wants to be friends with some awkward, sad loner.
>>
>>24080440

Yes they do fajjot.
>>
>>24080198
what are you supposed to say to introduce yourself
>>
File: 1443982029039.jpg (68 KB, 600x583) Image search: [Google]
1443982029039.jpg
68 KB, 600x583
>psychologist is gonna bail on me soon
>tell her I'm one step away from quitting that whole psychology meme
>suddenly she smiles
>"don't give up"
>>
>>24080740
>female psychologist
That's the real meme
>>
That's what mom tells me.

I can't seem to put it into words that I'm out of every possible social circle there. And the prerequisite to meet people is being in one first.

>"just go out at a cafe anon!"

Lonely balding 25yo drinking coffee with all the tables around him empty.
Fuck this shit. I'd rather rot with the mold in this basement.
>>
>>24080534
Exactly

I fucking hate having to talk to autists even when I'm working in Tesco. Can't imagine having to actually be friends with a weird mouth breather.
>>
File: why-00003.jpg (39 KB, 500x456) Image search: [Google]
why-00003.jpg
39 KB, 500x456
>Tried adding someone in a general
>Someone else added me too
>Get extremely anxious
>This happens

Me: Hello. Why did you add me I guess?
notMe: because i know you from the desktop threadsand i like you
Me: Well I'm extremely shy about talking to people through things like this, so please dont' be offended if you get removed or I hardly ever respoind
notMe: if you remove me i will be thoroughly offended but if you dont talk to me thats okay
Me: I remove people I don't talk to, it's nothing personal, I just really try to keep things like this simple and minimal, that's all.
notMe: okay miles thats okay
Me: I'm sorry
Me: I do like your desktop though
notMe: YESSSSSSSSS
Me: huh?
notMe: i am glad you approve of my rice
notMe: what games do you play usually
Me: I don't
notMe: o
Me: I pretty much just listen to music and post on 4chan
notMe: understandable ill just enjoy this period of time that we are friends on steam
Me: Well it's not like I delete people I don't talk to for a day
Me: It'd be months of not talking
Me: Most of my friends I talk to maybe a few times a month
Me: I'm sorry
murf is now Away.
Me: I'm feeling like I messed up
Me: I kind of fell you're mad at me I guess. I didn't mean to upset you. Please understand I have no idea what to do in these kinds of situations. I get extremely anxious when people show an interest in me seemingly out of the blue, then again I get that even if it's not out of the blue. I have no problems with you at all if that's what you think. The only reason I said anything about removing was in case it did happen in the future. It wasn't like I was not going to see if it works out. I may be extremelt awkward and avoidant but I do like having friends. I'm sorry if I hurt you.

How badly did I fuck up?
I'm such a fucking retard.
>>
>>24080935
Yes exactly this normies think just going out would do anything for the average robot. But none of them really want to befriend a robot barely even look at him.
>>
>>24080265
>you have no friends son, why don't you have friends?
>no, you can't go over to your friend's house
>no, you can't go out
>why do you never leave the house anon?

GEE MOM, I DUNNO, MAYBE BECAUSE YOU NEVER LET ME?
>>
>>24081004
are you like 10 or smth?
>>
>>24081028
Nah, that was just my entire life til I moved out. She's your stereotypical overprotective mom who doesn't understand that smothering kids like that does more harm than good to them since it turns them into asocial shut-ins with no real friends or social skills.
>>
I guess it could kill you to hang out in cities and bars.

I think it's fun
>>
>>24080935
Jesus you fuckers have a low opinion of robots. Even grocery clerks look down on them and they are the dregs of society.
>>
>>24081086
the day I hit 16 I just said, I'm going out to a party or whatever. She also said don't go you're just 16 but I went anyway. She tried a few more times, but realised she can't keep me at home like a dog.

But I should have listened to her a few times, been to the hospital 4 times because of drunkenness, been into several brawls. Had two conflicts with authorities who turned out somehow good because I can talk myself out quiet good.
Fun times who still go on.
>>
>>24080936
It doesn't matter. Online relationships aren't important it doesn't matter if you ruin them.then
>>
Lately I've been taking the train to strange towns and walking around.

I thought it might help me to get out in public, but it's still just as lonely, more so maybe.
Sometimes I have dinner by myself at some small diner. It doesn't bother me anymore, so that's progress I guess. But I never get to talk to anyone. I don't even know who I'd talk to or about what.
I'm just going to be alone forever I think.
>>
>>24081322
Fuck off normalshit. Go back to reddit.
>>
>>24080317
seriously just leave.

I know you only come here because you think its really cool and edgy to tell your friends (who by the way probably hate your guts) about all the stuff you saw when you browsed /r9k/ but why do you feel the need to normie this shit up.

>join meetups

like what anon clearly isn't in any social groups that do meet ups. oh wait no maybe he should go to a 4chan meet up that won't be the biggist waste of time ever will it.
>>
>>24080198
In going to go out and follow a girl around. I won't harass her though. I don't want any legal issues. Wish me luck, friends.
>>
>Bro, just stop giving a shit about girls, start treating them like shit, and they'll be ALL OVER YOU. Works every time bro!
>>
>>24081357
Stay mad.
>>
>>24081322
Get the fuck out normal piece of shit.
>>
>>24080198
it's literally as easy as

>don't spend all day on the internet in your room
>ideally only browse the internet 30 minutes a day max
>go outside and meet people
>>
File: marigold.png (23 KB, 229x218) Image search: [Google]
marigold.png
23 KB, 229x218
>>24080936
>Well I'm extremely shy about talking to people through things like this, so please dont' be offended
I could tell you're autistic from this line alone. The weebshit picture seems to confirm that as well.
Well, long story short, you fucked up hard. But that's okay, you're autistic so you can't help it. Also the other guy is either a 5 year old or autistic as well, so don't feel bad and just remove him.
>>
>>24080534
you'd be more likeable if you developed a personality not entirely shaped around staring at memes and shitposting and anime 16 hours a day
>>
>>24081324
talk about current events, the weather, etc without being a contrarian edgelord

>b-but that's boring

well try not being addicted to edgy shitposting every waking hour and get a personality
>>
>>24081493
You disgusting piece of shit normiefag what're you doing here? Seriously gtfo back to facebook.
>>
>>24080936
I think he was joking.
>>
>>24081471
I don't have autism though. I've been checked for it in the past. And I can't remove him, I'd feel horrible.
>>
>>24081493
Everyone has a personality. Robots have shit personality. There's no way of changing it into a likable person
>>
File: LesnarTongue.gif (422 KB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
LesnarTongue.gif
422 KB, 350x197
>>24081580
I don't have a Facebook, you wittol

stay mad you're addicted to the internet, developed introversion because of your weakness and addiction, and get oanic attacks and confusion trying to fix it
>>
>>24081752
get hobbies, develop social skills, limit internet use to 1-3 hours a week at absolute maximum. it's literally that easy. does that idea trigger you
>>
>>24080534
You're wrong. There's some people in the world that don't mind actually.
>>
File: jesus facepalm.png (173 KB, 418x436) Image search: [Google]
jesus facepalm.png
173 KB, 418x436
>but I don't like meeting people. I'm not social
>lmao you're not gonna meet people with that attitude
>>
I don't understand normies.

They 'go out', but what do they do?

Do they just sit in the town center or something?
>>
>>24081894
what the fuck man, have you literally never been 'out' before?
>>
>>24081559
>talk about current events, the weather, etc without being a contrarian edgelord
but in what context? How do people who don't know each other start talking?
And what if they ask me where I'm from, what brings me to that town? I can't just tell people I go to random towns and walk around, that's not normal, they'll hang me.
>>
>A winners mentality

>Are you one of the 99% who can't get a job
>Doesn't own a car
>Can't find a meaning in the race?

>Apply for a Winners Mentality Course featuring Chad and Stacy
>Wipe that frown of your face and plaster on a smile
>Isn't it time /you/ were confident?
>Isn't it time /you/ were beautiful?
>For everyone who is in poverty or despair
>A Winners Mentality
> - - -> For the winners.

[email protected]
>>
>>24080198
Nowadays if you just go outside and meet people, most of people will be creeped out. You need a context to meet people now, outside of that if you dare slightly go out of the norm (like smiling to a stranger) you'll be turned down instantly.

Unless you're attractive.
>>
>>24081989
I leave my house but I can't make the connection between that and meeting people.
>>
>>24082063
This just plain isn't true. There are still plenty of places where it's completely okay to go right up to a stranger and start talking to them. Go to a festival, or a drum circle. That's where I meet people.
>>
>>24081865
you're only not social because of your crippling internet addiction you've likely been feeding for a decade
>>
>>24082145
>Go to a festival, or a drum circle
Do these things even exist? Are you sure?
>>
>>24082145
>You need a context to meet people now
>>
>>24082130
Find out where people with similar interests to your congregate. If you like comics or role playing, go to a comic book shop and see what kinds of events they have, if you like music and the like go to an open mic night at a cafe and there will be sociable people there. If you like drugs start going to festivals, everyone there is SUPER social. There are meeting places for all kinds of different interests, plus now in the age of the internet there are whole websites dedicated to people with similar interests meeting up to engage in activities with like-minded people.
>>
>>24082196
I am 100% positive these things exist, this is how i make my friends. Also how I ended up living in a hippie commune for the better part of last year before returning to my cozy as fuck NEET life. But hey, life is a bout experiences anyways.
>>
>>24082047
you just ask a question and go from there? throw some witty observations in, be funny and charming. it's objectively simple
>>
File: 1442758331001.jpg (28 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1442758331001.jpg
28 KB, 200x200
>>24082270
>throw some witty observations in, be funny and charming. it's objectively simple
>>
That's honestly what you're supposed to do, though it ignores the obvious anxiety issues and what not.
>>
>>24080198

You don't need people, OP. All you need is your poopjugs and computer.
>>
>>24082254
>hippie commune
You know, as much as I've always been told I'm supposed to hate hippies, this has always somehow appealed to me.
I still don't believe any of that stuff really exists though. I'd have to see to believe.
>>
>>24082283
it really is. just use actual non autistic chan meme humor. watch some standup or something, fuck.
>>
>>24082310
Why would you hate hippies? Not a hippie btw... I like to think of myself as a bohemeian, much more about art and music then about peace and love.
>>
>>24080936
>tfw you'll never have an autistic gf to be each other's entire social lives
I don't know if you're actually a girl but this brought up the feels
>>
>>24082334
>it's simple to be witty, funny, and charming

This is dumb even by the already low standards of normie advice

>>24082310
Yeah me too. I feel like they wouldn't judge me too harshly for me NEET lifestyle and weirdness but I have no idea how to go about meeting them.
>>
>>24082369
This. So much this. I really don't care about that networking and making friends crap. I just want a qt to snuggle with.
>>
>>24082367
>Why would you hate hippies?
Hippie culture (at least as I've seen it) is experience-oriented, not goal-oriented. Experience orientation has no place in modern society, which is all about what you've done and what you have to show for it.
Art, music, peace, love-- These are unnecessary. They're wastes of time.
That's not to say I don't want them, but I know I'm wrong for wanting that.

My dad experienced the hippie movement from its birth to its slow death. He told me all about it and how most people involved were posers anyway, and the only ones who went anywhere were those who abandoned it early and got goal-oriented.
And that doesn't surprise me, whenever you have a set of ideas, it only catches on insofar as people can pretend to live up to them. They actually follow their same old chaotic incentives, but they just slap that ideology onto it so it looks like they're standing for something,.
>>
>>24080198
Well how else would you meet people and make friends? They're not going to come knocking on your basement's door.
>>
File: 1387299937973.png (69 KB, 316x208) Image search: [Google]
1387299937973.png
69 KB, 316x208
>>24082476
>this whole post
what?
>>
>>24083868
What nothing. It's true.
>>
>>24083031
>They're not going to come knocking on your basement's door.

why?
>>
>>24081004
Story of my fucking life.

>What's the matter anon, you scared to talk to girls?

Fucking cunt. God, I wish I just raised myself.
>>
>>24084587
You seem pretty close-minded. One's fiscal success is not the only measure of their worth. You must be American, pretty common ideology among Americans. I would also argue that the progress of society cannot happen without art, music, peace, and love. Look at times when society made leaps and bounds forward in it's progress and you will see huge amounts of music and art. I would argue that they are as much a part of the movement forward as they are created by societies progress, if that makes sense.
>>
>>>>24084658
I don't hold that ideology entirely. I just recognize that I should.
There's a lot of pressure on me to be action and goal oriented. Expectations I haven't been able to live up to. I wish I could think like you, but when I do, all I can ever feel is guilt.
>>
>>24080317
i do not like people/am not a people-person.
what make me more ree is when they say;
>but we are people.
>>
>>24080215
its the assumption that because its easy for them to "just go outside and meet people" it should be easy for us to do the same.
>>
>>24084818
You've been programmed to feel that way. One's fiscal success is only a measure of how well they fit into the system. If you want to be a mindless worker, a drone, then that's fine. But can you really say that it's being successful as a person? Is that really a satisfying life? I don't know. I personally have a job, and work very hard at it 6 days a week 3 weeks a month. But the rest of the time I'm off with the hippies, and the bohemians, and people who truly exist in an entirely different system where one's value is internal and intrinsic, and doesn't come with a dollar amount. I don't really know which way is right or wrong, but try to keep an open mind anon.
>>
>>24085880
>people who truly exist in an entirely different system where one's value is internal and intrinsic, and doesn't come with a dollar amount.
I want this but I don't know where to find it. And I really hope it really exists.
>>
>>24086868
it does exist. you just have to look for it, and when the time comes be comfortable leaving the system you're already in.

The two prevailing systems on /r9k/ are probably the wageslave system, and the NEET system. Both place value in different things, but I don't think either of them are healthy long term.
>>
>>24081467
>30 minutes a day
What the fuck?
>>
>>24081467
Hahahaha what the fuck is wrong with you, you should only go outside to get air 30 minutes a day MAX
>>
>>24085880
>I only work 3 weeks a month
I can tell you're a normalfag because you have a piss easy job.

Go kill yourself please.
>>
>>24080198
if you're into a certain thing, find the social equivalent

>into books - book club/library
>into videogames/anime/comic books - conventions
>into sports - go to a sports bar/ game
>into movies - ????
>>
>>24088674
>industrial rigger for ironworkers union
>60 hours a week @ 5 x 12
>piss easy

k.
>>
>>24080686
>what are you supposed to say to introduce yourself
desu cold approach is worst approach if you're not top tier in socializing. find a social event where everyone has a similar interest and take it from there
>>
>>24081493
16 hours a day, shut the fuck up, if they think you've seen five minutes of anime in your life a normalfag will disregard you entirely.
>>
>>24081467
>ideally only browse the internet 30 minutes a day max
normies dont even do this, the internet is intertwined with socializing
>>
>>24088928
The irony is that normies spend as much time as robots on the internet maybe even more. They just spend it on their phones on shit websites like facebook, twitter, and tumblr. When they go out to the movies or the beach or anywhere they are only spending maybe half of that time enjoying that activity, the other half is spent on their phones.
>>
File: 1431342942047.png (58 KB, 1873x428) Image search: [Google]
1431342942047.png
58 KB, 1873x428
>do things
>people tolerate me
>nobody makes any effort to even interact with me
>trying to get a conservation going is like squeezing rocks for water
>end up just frustrated and angry and give up
>>
>>24082152
>asocial people have never existed before the internet
lmao
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.