[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Topkek. >be white, first-world feminist >decide that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
Topkek.

>be white, first-world feminist
>decide that you want to empower some fellow womyn
>have t-shirts manufactured to support your cause
>sell shirts for $70 each

>meanwhile, in Mumbo Jumbo Mauritius
>women making the shirts get paid less than a $1 per hour

>muh femmynizm

Honestly, I have no problem with women wanting to be treated equally, but this is the sort of shit that pisses me off. Western feminists are just a bunch of miserable, entitled hags. As somebody who has lived in the third-world, I can say with confidence that there are many brave women who legitimately risk limb and life to stand up for what they believe in. A lot of them maintain good morals, don't sleep around, and are legitimately decent people who want to become doctors or have the freedom to walk around after dark without getting raped by Indians.

And then you've got these white first-world bitches who literally don't give two fucks about the flight of their fellow womyn. It's almost like feminism is a fashion statement for first-worlders who have relatively little to gain from advocating the cause but nothing to lose. Plus, they get to be righteously angry when people disagree with them.

What's the name of that one bitch? Rebecca Watson? Chick gets coffee spilled on her in an elevator, ruins some dudes life. Meanwhile, in Africa, India, Pakistan, and elsewhere, millions of womyn are riding exercise bicycles to power the internet while being raped, oppressed, and paid in cabbages.
>>
File: 1445074972893.jpg (206 KB, 499x461) Image search: [Google]
1445074972893.jpg
206 KB, 499x461
>>24076571
Third wave feminism is a joke.
>>
Does feminism in the US or Europe have anything left to fight for?
>>
>>24076664
I wish feminists were all into femdom that would make this whole thing so much better
>>
>>24076664
No, women have had it easier than men since the 90s.
>>
>>24076571
First world people generally don't care about suffering elsewhere until it's shoved in their faces, then they feel guilty and might donate some money or some shit.

I get what you're saying but it's not particularly related to gender, the shirt was probably made by some corporation wanting to make money off the SJW trend and not by some individual feminist, the workers at sweatshops could easily be male instead, and MRA don't really care about men overseas either. Rich white people aren't gonna know where their shit is coming from.
>>
File: 1444417888220.jpg (26 KB, 500x174) Image search: [Google]
1444417888220.jpg
26 KB, 500x174
>>24076697
I believe you mean since the dawn of time, anon
>>
File: 1405513418941.png (22 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1405513418941.png
22 KB, 633x758
>>24076693

I know right. But of course they want to submit to Chad harder than any other type of woman.
>>
>>24076664

I do think that women still have to face hurdles when it comes to acceptance in certain fields. By and large, though, I'd say that most of the problems they face are exaggerated.

I feel bad for saying it, but I don't have sympathy for women who get raped at parties, cat-called while wearing leggings, and sexually harassed while wearing skin-tight clothes at work. The first girl I ever dated was from a conservative culture. She didn't get drunk around men she didn't know, had safety systems with her friends, and was a pretty strong-willed woman. She also accepted the fact that she was a girl, reveled in her femininity, and criticized white chicks for being stupid and promiscuous. If a nigger followed her down the street, she'd call the police or tell him to get fucked instead of meekly staring at the sidewalk or smiling and saying some stupid white girl bullshit.

>>24076734

I get what you're saying. But I very rarely see ordinary first-world feminists advocating the causes of their counterparts in less-developed countries.

I know you can't dismiss a problem because others have it worse, but I think sometimes a healthy dose of reality is needed. If I get chilly at home, for instance, I remember what it was like when I didn't have heat in my apartment in India (not Indian btw, just lived there for a while). I switched on the warmer, got a little toasty, and then watched as it promptly blew up the outlet it was plugged into.

I don't know how feminists can crib so much when they constitute a majority of college students across many campuses, are being increasingly elevated to positions of power, and have their political issues splattered across every campaign.

Some shit definitely needs to change, that's for sure. But it's hard for me take this shit seriously when there are so many double-standards and bizarre rationalizations.
>>
I actually have to do some arts classes for my Undergraduates degree.

I was in the tutorials at 9:00, and was pleasantly surprised how normal everyone was. People said they were 'feminists', but really didn't let it get in the way of what they did. You could occasionally pass a bit of banter and it would get banter back, not the "MUH OPRESHUN" like is said around these parts.
My thoughts on feminists really changed. They went in my mind from fruitcases obsessed with gender, to people who held a mild belief on social issues.

That was until I had to go into the later 14:00 tutorial because of a clash with an event. It was fucking nuts. Fat women with coloured hair, a strange smell, the tutor looked like he'd not slept in years. A handful of people had to do presentations to demonstrate their work at the start of the lesson.
Almost every piece was about "the oppression of woman", the girls in the class all praising each other. A guy stood up to do his presentation, when it came to questions and suggestions from the class, he got nothing but criticism for "emotional insensitivity" or "objectification". There was even one complaint that he presented before a middle eastern woman did (something which was selected by alphabetical order --ie out of his hands).

Well, you could guess where my thoughts lie since then.
>>
Oy Vey! The patriarchy strikes again!
>>
>>24076571
>but this is the sort of shit that pisses me off. Western feminists are just a bunch of miserable, entitled hags.

Unlike everyone else here, who certainly isn't using the proceeds of what is effectively slave labor. Nope, only those dumb feminists buying these specific shirts are doing that.

Looking out for and finding these kinds of "hypocrisies" is a futile, time-wasting endeavor. We were all just born into this system of exploitation and made complicit in it before we knew our alphabets and times tables. That shaming is how they keep you from doing anything about it, you shut out the problems at the same time you're shutting out the shame. Feminists here care about what they know to care about, and frankly, the Western world doesn't know a lot about what's going on elsewhere and doesn't want to know, especially if we're profiting by it.

You go out there and enlighten these white bitches and they still don't give a shit? Sure, fuck 'em. But don't blame them just for not being woken up the whole way yet.
>>
>>24076767

Anecdotal, but it is conspicuous. Basically every tumblr-feminist I've had the misfortune to know in real life have been total subs.
>>
>>24076664
>Does feminism in the US or Europe have anything left to fight for?
yes, total unopposed dominance
>>
>>24076891

>Well, you could guess where my thoughts lie since then.

That it is a multifaceted issue whose adherents do not neatly fit into a certain category?

Good for you anon.
>>
>>24076891

Yup.

I used to be a member of a secular student group. Most of the women involved were atheists - which I'm fine by - as well as feminists. The level of hypocrisy and callousness they showed was astounding. I wrote in another thread that a girl I roomed with for a few months worked in a lab as an undergraduate. While she's a PhD student now, she was doing preparatory research in her senior year. One of the guys in the lab made a joke about being happy that the girls he wound up working with were always so cute.

She came home and was cribbing about this because it meant that he was reducing her to a "pretty hunk of meat" instead of the intelligent and accomplished scientist she thought she was. Wound up reporting the dude to an administrative section of the university. He got kicked out of the lab as well as his MS program.

>>24076985

The hypocrisy arises in that an advocacy group is exploiting the labor of the same group it's seeking to empower. If you can't see the irony in that then I'm sorry.
>>
>>24076843
>I still think women have hurdles to face when it comes to acceptance in certain fields
Watch this
https://youtu.be/cVaTc15plVs

If you keep up with Milo or Gavin McInnes they both reference the research in this video all the time but never go into detail (that I've seen).
>>
>>24076571
Third world female here
I feel like I am suffocating all the time in my country, since almost nothing is allowed for a girl
I hate the feminists you talked about, this post made me feel good
>>
>>24077182

What country and what aren't you allowed to do exactly?

I suspect that you're lying.
>>
>>24077182

Don't know anything about you aside from that, but hope your life doesn't suck forever.

On another note: >>24077135. I was surprised that when I went to Colombia a couple of months ago, I saw a LOT of women working in construction. Was completely fucking blown away when I got a lady taxi driver, too, I've traveled to dozens of countries and never saw that before.

I definitely will agree with the documentary so far that women in less developed countries seem more eager to learn about science and other technical subjects. One of my best friends is from India. She's not poor but she's an engineer, currently works for one of the best telecom companies in the country. Even the liberal arts and women's college feminists I know from there are usually pretty based.
>>
>>24077074

My point was you're just getting up that same righteous anger you complained about them enjoying.
>>
>>24077074
>If you can't see the irony in that then I'm sorry.
Everyone can see it, but it's really just ironic at best so hardly worth getting mad about. A company that makes a shirt about feminism not caring about the third world is a pretty hollow complaint when most of us sure as fuck don't care if our stuff comes from sweat shops.
>>
>>24077074
>He got kicked out of the lab as well as his MS program.
He deserves it for working with women tbf
Working with women is like working with nuclear power. It's great until something goes fuck up, because shit goes fuck up bad, and won't recover for hundreds of years.
>>
>>24077257
>>24077289

>righteous anger

It's 5am, bro, any feelings I have are going to be gone in about twenty minutes when I fall asleep.

I do get your point, though. In fact, it's quite a good one! I just thought the title and subject matter was ironic but interesting enough to start a thread and potentially jump start a decent conversation.
>>
>>24077253
I heard a theory, I don't remember from who, that women in poorer countries take man jobs because they need a job and it pays better than being a seamstress or working in a sweatshop all day, or just having no job. India is a good example of this.
>>
>>24077253

India is an incredibly misandry country and feminism is thriving in India. Indian women are mostly still playing the 'traditionalist' manipulation games.

How old are you that you idealise them in this way?
>>
>>24077336

>idealize

The entire country is playing "traditionalist" manipulation games, you dumbass, that's why it's still a mostly rural and undeveloped shit-hole.
>>
>>24077336

>anecdotal experience involving friends and acquaintances
>seizes the opportunity to imply a limited generalization of a handful of people to six hundred million

nice
>>
>>24077135

FEMINISTS

B T F O
T
F
O
>>
>>24077421

What are you talking about? Feminism is a major element in most major Bollywood productions. It's the major issue in all major newspapers and media. Men are depicted in adverts as basically disposable slaves for female hypergamy. There's a massive court system set up just for women, and there's serious talk of changing the staffing from mostly women to only women. There are female only train carriages with female attendants enforcing this.

It's probably more feminist and misandry than most of the West. Possibly the most misandric country in the world.
>>
>>24077499

Have you ever watched a Bollywood movie? Have you ever been to India?
>>
>>24077464
The dumb blonde sociologist or whatever was my favorite

Also "women have more privilege" - Norah Vincent, if you don't know who she is you should look her up
>>
>>24077222
Iraq
>>24077253
The situation is only getting worse, but thank you
>>
>>24077551
Baghdad? Also are you Sunni or Shi'a?

I know a lot of Iraqi men who moved to the US and they tell me they could go to Iraq and get up to 5 wives in one day just by telling the girls' fathers that they live in America but none of them like Iraqi women, they all want white girls.
>>
>>24077499

LMAO dude. I've watched a ton of Bollywood movies. I have dozens of them on my computer and have seen quite a few in theater. My first kiss was in the back of PVR Saket in Delhi during a showing of Bhaag Milkha Bhaag.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Likewise, it would be incredibly easy to find and stitch together dozens of articles about rapes, gang rapes, dowry deaths, bride murders, and so on, just as it would be to find articles about false rape claims, poisonings, and so forth.

Also, props! I highly encourage you to travel to India some day. I've ridden on the Delhi Metro countless times. I used to spend forty minutes commuting from Rajiv Chowk off the Blue Line to Mandi House, transferred to the Violet, and then rode all the way down to Govindpuri. Bitch about the "women only carriages" all you want - the fact of the matter is, you will see male passengers groping female passengers in non-segregated compartments on a daily basis. If you want to take about buses, you will rarely but occasionally see men wanking.

Plenty of women in India are entitled cunts; so are plenty of men. India is a very class-based society wherein people who are used to holding status tend to treat others around them like shit.

>>24077551

Where in Iraq? I went there in 2013, I remember you never even saw women outside after dark.
>>
>>24077580
Yes Baghdad and born shia but have been red pilled and don't believe in anything anymore

And it is true about the wives, everyone wants out
I wouldn't marry someone to just get out though, unless there's an agreement that he would divorce me once I get whatever it is to let me stay there
>>
>>24077527

Two I saw recently which weren't even particularly strong on this theme. Daawat-e-Ishq (2014) and available on Netflix is centrall about the issue of dowries, men are characterised as predators if they pay them. In one scene, a woman stands in front of a courtroom telling reporters (it's part of the film, not real footage) that she just won a huge amount of money from her husband because he had been dishonest in dowry negotiations about his qualifications or something silly. It was implied that this woman had entrapped the man, and this starts the movie off - the main female character sets out to entrap a man using this law, and this is not seen as a particularly bad thing! He ends up being the 'bad guy' who has to atone, really (there is SOME subtelty and recognition of her wrong, but it's practically passed over). The whole movie is a fantasy about female hypergamy and choice, and how bad men is. This is very very typical of Bollywood movies. Go look it up.

Second was Mardaani (2014), also available on Netflix, about a female cop who goes after some men running a child-bride kidnapping ring. The whole thing focuses on this idea that men are the bad guys (about half of kidnapped children in India are male) and women are the good guys. It has highly feminist female-empowerment themes throughout.

These are typical of Bollywood movies made in the past 10 years, though they've always pandered to female hypergamy.
>>
>>24077659
Baghdad but before Baghdad we lived in Babylon (my hometown) and it was even worse
And yes I don't go out, I hate it but it's not like there are many nice places to go to. I'd prefer to get out of the country
>>
>>24076843

>be at wagekek slave job in supermarket
>see women in "Activewear" or yoga pants where you can see their ass defined completely
>it's not even summer
>>
>>24077717

Wow, Anon, two whole Bollywood movies! That's almost as many as I saw in theaters in fucking India last Christmas!
>>
File: Femprivilege in India 1.png (509 KB, 1612x2571) Image search: [Google]
Femprivilege in India 1.png
509 KB, 1612x2571
>>24077659

All you're doing is namedropping. You're not showing much knowledge about the way the country runs itself beyond "hurr class based". Even children know that.

Do you understand that even a person who lives in a country his entire life can be ignorant of various important aspects of the culture/government/etc?

>Likewise, it would be incredibly easy to find and stitch together dozens of articles about rapes, gang rapes, dowry deaths, bride murders, and so on, just as it would be to find articles about false rape claims, poisonings, and so forth.

It would be easy to find information on those rapes, gang rapes, etc because of the huge feminist influence in the country playing up these stories. Look at attached pic. Most violent and brutal deaths in India involve male victims. But the vast majority of national (and international) media attention is on violence against women in India.

>Bitch about the "women only carriages" all you want - the fact of the matter is, you will see male passengers groping female passengers in non-segregated compartments on a daily basis. If you want to take about buses, you will rarely but occasionally see men wanking.

That's absolutely not true. There is groping, but there is also groping of men! and violence against men! Most men on public transport aren't molesting women, most men shouldn't be treated as second class citizens (it's hilarious that if Ghandi were around today in India, were he to accidentally stumble into the female compartment, he could be forced off and face fines).

>Plenty of women in India are entitled cunts; so are plenty of men. India is a very class-based society wherein people who are used to holding status tend to treat others around them like shit.

Class-based societies tend towards misandry.
>>
>>24077775

I'm really beginning to suspect you don't even watch Bollywood movies.

The main themes of Bollywood movies are overwhelmingly:

>Marriage
>Marriage in India in particular
>Women's choice for marriage partner
>Women's legal and cultural position within marriage
>Women's legal and cultural position within marriage as culture changes and becomes more westernised.

...and it's always in favour of women, women's choice, and often incredibly hostile to men and men's position. Anyone who's involved with Bollywood films would agree with me that these have been the major themes for most bollywood movies.
>>
I don't mean to get biblical. But I believe feminism goes against biology. Think male egos are getting fucked nowadays, leading to alot of different results.

Could this kind of shit be messing with kids heads on a primal level causing them to be very confused about what gender actually is?

And of course sjw would just further encourage this.

>in b4 but mah patriarchy. Wtf do feminists even want? What is the goal? Has that actually ever been clear?
>>
>>24077699
Takes 5 years of being married and living in the states for the partner to get citizenship, if you had kids you could probably stay till then without getting kicked out though.

Most men wouldn't agree to that because foreign brides come to the US, get married for citizenship, then divorce the husband for half his shit after 5 years. I'd be willing to do it possibly because I have nothing for you to take, but in order to bring a partner from another country into the US you need to prove that you have at least $10k where I have maybe $200, and have to spend a certain amount of time in the country she's from and like hell I'm going to Iraq.

There are tumblr feminists that try to get married to immigrants to get them free citizenship, and as far as I know they just talk without actually doing anything, but you might have luck there if you don't mind being married to a fat, smelly cunt for 5 years.

Also if you have an e-mail you can use, I'm going to try to learn Arabic soon and I don't give a fuck if you're trolling as long as you can speak Arabic and are willing to help me. My throwaway is [email protected]
>>
>>24077551

>Iraq

So what aren't you allowed to do in Iraq as a woman?

Very interesting that we have a thread on r9k about women's rights throughout the world, and here we have an Iraqi female. So tell me, please.
>>
>>24077780

>LOL the UN, Red Cross, and dozens of other organizations have it all wrong! India is a women's paradise!

Yup, I'm out. I lived there and have had my experiences, many of which are validated by international and Indian-domestic research alike. All you've offered so far is a /pol/ infographic and inaccurate generalizations. Maybe tomorrow night you'll be able to prove something besides "women aren't the victims of most crimes because men typically commit crimes against other men," in reference to an argument nobody brought up.

I typed out and deleted half a dozen paragraphs - not because you've established such good points, but because I think you're too deluded to see anything but the alternate reality you and Sankalp the Masculinist have created for yourselves.

You can respond, if you want. I won't read it; I'm going to bed. But one way or another, I hope you get even more booty-blasted to know that somebody out there thinks you're so stupid that they're at a loss for further words.
>>
>>24078218

>>LOL the UN, Red Cross, and dozens of other organizations have it all wrong! India is a women's paradise!

These are literally all highly feminist organisations in a RADICAL sense. Go read some of the 'UN women' page, even hardcore feminists will break out laughing at how extreme it is.

>All you've offered so far is a /pol/ infographic and inaccurate generalizations.

They are crime statistics showing that most victims of violent crime in India are men. Do you really deny this?? It's from the national crime records bureau of India.

>You can respond, if you want. I won't read it; I'm going to bed. But one way or another, I hope you get even more booty-blasted to know that somebody out there thinks you're so stupid that they're at a loss for further words.

This is very childish thinking. This isn't about 'booty-blasting' anyone, I'm just putting forward my understanding of what India is like, and I was fully open to argue you this like an adult. Anyway, whether you respond or not, I'm not interested so much in converting anyone who's committed to believing a falsity, but there might be other anons who read this and appreciate my position.
>>
>>24078218
>bunch of anecdotal evidence vs raw data

I dunno senpai you're looking like the stupid one desu
>>
>>24077916
I have complained on here many times before, I don't feel like writing something long now but I will say that it's pretty shitty for both sexes here. But women have many less freedoms

And you should all check your privilege (I'm kidding but really anyone who was born in a good country is very lucky)
>>
>>24078442

You don't have to write anything long. I'd just like you to list a couple of laws which unduly regulate female behaviour there.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.