[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whenever I drink beer, I notice it makes me feel kind of sickly.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: beer_10.jpg (21 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
beer_10.jpg
21 KB, 640x430
Whenever I drink beer, I notice it makes me feel kind of sickly. Earlier tonight I had about 5 beers (after 3 I was feeling good and tipsy so of course I wanted more), I fell asleep for a bit, but now I woke up and feel shitty. My stomach is bloated and I have a headache.

This happens every time I drink beer. Is this a common thing? Or is my body just particularly bad at handling it?
>>
>>24075249
Nigga, you probably have Celiac disease. That's what happened to me before I cut wheat out of my diet (this includes beer). It's also what makes me deathly afraid of kissing women who haven't just immediately brushed their teeth and gargled mouthwash.

>TFW kissing girls literally makes you sick to your stomach
>>
You could have an allergy to one or more of the ingredients that was used to brew it. It's not uncommon. I've noticed that with unfiltered wheat beers I can get a bit head stuffy. could by psychosomatic though

Although, sour stomach/bloating is common with beers in general. So I wouldn't be too worried.

Drink plenty of water while you're consuming alcohol if you don't ya dingus. May be hard to tell your drunk self that, but find a way. Water helps everything.
>>
>>24075312
you should try kissing boys :3
>>
>>24075249
Alcohol is an anti-diuretic, same thing in soda that makes you thirstier despite drinking the soda. When you drink lots of alcohol that chemical basically pulls water out of your body's cells. In addition, people tend to be more active when drunk and sweat easier. When you eventually come to, your skull is being pulled apart by dehydrated cells in your body. The only real solution is to hydrate properly and wait for the diuretics to run their course. Avoid salty foods and soda/more alcohol. It's known as a hangover and there is no real cure. Best thing you can do is drink two cups of water before going to sleep after a long night out. Even if you feel like you'll vomit, your body can handle straight water in small doses. It'll make the next morning feel much better.

The bloating is just your intestines full of beer. You'll have a really mean splatter fest with lots of nugget sized turds, then the bloating will go away. Don't trust a fart, it's probably shit.
>>
>>24075249
Could be shitty beer, or you may not be good at processing beer in general.

Beer gives me the worst hangovers, 4 of them can make me feel crap the next morning.
I can drink a bottle of wine and feel fine.
Vodka/spirits go down incredibly easy.
>>
Don't drink on an empty stomach.

Also, put a few hours between when you stop drinking and when you go to sleep.
Then you have plenty of time to keep hydrated.
>>
Question for the beerfags here. Heavier beers (Guinness etc) have always sat better with me than lighter beers (Heineken etc) What's up with that?
>>
>>24075328

OP here I just never know when it seems like a good point to stop. It seems like only after 2-3, I feel this really good buzz...But most people dont stop there do they? Im not drunk yet at that point.

Im a hypochondriac so I worry about this shit a lot. For some reason beer tends to just make me feel shitty. I would describe it as feeling super "heavy", feels like the heaviest shit in the world.
>>
>>24075510
If I were to guess, there is less ADH in heavier beers than lighter beers. (ADH - anti diuretic hormone) or the chemicals in heavier beers make the digestion and introduction into the bloodstream process slower, allowing for a more controlled processing.
>>
>>24075578
Just keep going. If you stop you're letting the hangover catch up with you, and that could be fatal.
>>
allergy to hops,whatever grain the stuff is fermented in,american brewsky usually has chemical agents out in it,,bro in law said that anythung besides his fav,( old brand called schlitz) gave him a headache.
>>
OP here again, whats weird is that back in my early college days, I could have a lot and feel fine the next morning. I remember drinking tons of light beer the night before, getting really drunk, and waking up fine with no problems.

Did I somehow lose my tolerance as I got older?
>>
>>24075578
A lot of people can't handle getting piss drunk on beer without getting sick as a dog one way or another. You're not alone in that at all anon.

pro tip: buy good beer for good flavors, buy vodka for getting drunksies
>>
>>24075657
Holy schlitz I forgot about schlitz
>>
>>24075249
Jesus christ, it's called a hang over. You've obviously reached your limit with 5.
>>
>>24075715
Awww man I fucked it up.
>>
>>24075657

do some people really have an allergy to hops?
>>
>>24075780
Yes, it's a real thing.
>>
>>24075780
yes, I'm pretty sure everyone in my immediate family has it. none of us can drink certain beers without getting killer hangovers and becoming really sick. Doesn't help that my sister and grandmother are genuinely celiac, so my dad and I probably have at least a bit of an intolerance

and the old protips of drinking water and eating pizza don't help, it really is just that I can't drink certain beers if I have shit to do the next day
>>
>>24075825
Drinking water helps with regular hangovers, not your own personal genetic hangups.
>>
Don't drink beer you shitter.
Drink liqueur like a real man. That'll get you fucked up. Why drink shit-tasting things more than you have to?

Tip:Learn to mix drinks as well. Some stuff is pretty great tasting and potent.
>>
Be glad. Alcoholism is poison. Going through withdrawals right now and I wish to god that I never started drinking. This lifestyle is true hell.
>>
>>24076021
Just because you can't control yourself doesn't mean that other people can't indulge themselves every once in a while.

glad you're doing better though, keep fighting anon
>>
>>24075249
I drank a shitload last night, and I'm feeling like someone melted my body and made it warm
>>
>>24076035

I know, you're right. Every time I see an alcohol thread I can't help but post shit like that. I'm sorry.

I'm not doing better though, I'm shaking like a demon and feel like absolute death.

Thanks for the sympathy though.
>>
>>24075664
Yeah, that happens to most people. Your liver's ability to take care of business slows down with age. I definitely felt a difference even from freshman to senior year.
>>
>>24075354
Haha. Cheeky ;)
>>
>>24076355
4 u senpai
>>
>>24075724

I feel kinda shitty even after having like 2 beers though. I dont really get it. Its like my stomach just doesnt like it
>>
>>24075510
Carbonation, ales have much less carbonation than lagers and are nearly flat by the time it reaches your stomach. Lagers will still be full of dissolved gas and can release up to twice the volume of the beer in your stomach.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.