[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do normies get so mad when you tell them you don't drink?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8
File: 1421280801317.jpg (23 KB, 447x444) Image search: [Google]
1421280801317.jpg
23 KB, 447x444
Why do normies get so mad when you tell them you don't drink?

Alcohol tastes like shit, is expensive and anyone who's drunk from my experience turns into an obnoxious jerk. Why is it so surprising that I wouldn't want to partake in this? People tell me I should drink with them cause its fun, but if you need to get drunk to have fun then you just aren't a very fun person to begin with.
>>
>>24072427

I also don't like alcohol: expensive and makes me tired.

But it seems to be the socially acceptable way for men to spend time with each other. Like, somehow you can't go eat Pizza or ice cream with another man. You may only go out and drink alcohol together with another man.
>>
>>24072473
Its pretty retarded. Alcohol has become too much of a social crutch for people in my opinion.
>>
>>24072427
So fuck off with your straight edge friends, nobody wants you here
>>
>alcohol is expensive
You can get black out drunk for $6, how is that expensive?
Do your parents not give you money, kid?
>>
>>24072427
I don't drink often but a moderate amount of alcohol has its place in certain situations. it gets me out of my own head and lets me just enjoy the moment instead of overthinking everything.
>>
>>24072427
Because it means that you don't comply with their moronic social conventions.
Saying you don't drink is a form of rejecting normie society, it sets you apart from the crowd and thus makes you a viable target for antagonism.
>>
>>24072935
for what a bottle of hobo sherry?
>>
>>24073018
This.
Normies are dumb thus simple minded, if you're not with them you're against them.
>>
>>24072427
they get mad because they get on the defensive thinking you are judging them for drinking. which you are. my advice is to try not to associate with heavy drinkers. they are toxic degenerates
>>
>>24072914
So mad lol
>>
>alcohol tastes BAD

fucking obviously. people don't drink it for the taste except those faggy craft beer people, or rich people and their wines.

Anyone who says they don't drink alcohol because it tastes bad is looked down on by anyone who's ever drank. Just makes you look like an idiot. All alcohol tastes like shit. You power through it, chase it, or mix it to make it palatable to your faggot taste buds.
>>
>>24073293
>All alcohol tastes like shit.

Plebbiest of plebs
>>
I'm a normie and I don't drink.

>why not
Because i'm not fucking boring
>>
>>24073293
I don't drink take it as judgement i don't care you're gonna have to back up that claim lol.
>>
alcohol's a socially acceptable coping mechanism, it's escapism from being able to think straight

to say you dont drink alcohol to them sounds like you're saying you're better than them and never get depressed when you're alone or anxious when you're socializing or ever want to escape your life

same reason religious people freak out at atheists, stoners need to make it a major part of their identity and everyone has a chimp out if someone says they're asexual worse than saying you're gay, they interpret it as you saying you're free from vices that they rely on for escapism

they've done experiments where they leave someone sitting alone in a dark room for 15 minutes with only their thoughts to keep them company, but they are also given a button that will electrocute them a bit whenever they press it and something like 70% of people kept hitting the button because they'd rather literally suffer pain than not have an escape from introspection

this is the true face of the so called healthy and happy normalfag
>>
>>24072427
>is expensive

An $8 bottle of Old Crow will get you fucked up two or three times, depending on your tolerance.

That's about the cost of a 'Meal Deal' at Taco Bell per event.

That's the reason alcohol is such a popular drug. It's the cheapest way to get shit in your brain.
>>
>>24072935
>>24073473

Why would anyone want to get black out drunk or fucked up in the first place?
>>
>>24073485
because they're boring and can't find some easy way to have fun, or their lives suck
>>
>>24073293
>You have to drink this stagnant water which has had farting microbes and rotting plants in it AS IS and if you flavor it in any way that makes it less unpleasant to drink you are either a gay or a woman.
>The only way you are allowed to circumvent this is if you pay more for a bottle that has been stagnant for decades longer or has slightly nicer rotten plant material in it.

Alcohol culture folks.
>>
>>24073470
>they've done experiments where they leave someone sitting alone in a dark room for 15 minutes with only their thoughts to keep them company, but they are also given a button that will electrocute them a bit whenever they press it and something like 70% of people kept hitting the button because they'd rather literally suffer pain than not have an escape from introspection

That's gotta be the most pathetic thing I've read in a while. Reminds me how normies always have to say or do something in quiet settings cause they fear silence cause its "awkward". I just don't understand it.
>>
Probably because you're a smug douche about not drinking, as evidenced by this post.

I have friends who don't drink and nobody cares because they don't judge other people for partaking.
>>
>>24072427
In the house in which I live right now, I got to have the nice little suite in which I get two rooms, one of which helps me further isolate myself despite having to live with other people.

The catch is that my bedroom has a little vent straight to the bathroom. Several times I've been kept awake by people heaving when my cohabitants have had parties. I just cannot imagine how that could be anyone's idea of a good time. Puking fucking sucks.
>>
>>24072427

They're not mad about the fact you don't drink, they're reacting to the po-faced attitude that people like you always have about not drinking.

And the fact that you're uptight, cheap, boring, and trying to apply logic to something as ridiculous as letting loose and getting drunk.
>>
Most people who don't drink are:

- religious
- underage
- tightwads scared of losing control for even a second

None are too fun at a party.
>>
i'm never drinking ever again. all it does is make me gain weight, feel like shit for extended periods of time and dehydrate my body.
i just lost 10 lbs of summer weight just by not drinking.

my metabolism is too much for drinking. i drink one thing and i instantly am hungry, i stay drunk for like 1 hour until i have a raging headache and need to consume food non-stop, then i get sober and the cycle endlessly repeats until i passout from high blood sugar or intoxication. happens 9 out of 10 times.
>>
>>24073598
>>24073617
>only people who drink aren't boring

Retard logic
>>
>>24073485

It's fun.

I never get black out drunk, but getting a good buzz going makes you feel pretty good.
>>
>>24073485
Emotional problems, meaningless wage slave existence, getting up the courage to engage in self deprecating courtship rituals, the list goes on.
>>
>>24073633
No one ever said or implied that.
>>
>>24072914
>>24072935
>>24073293
>>24073325
>>24073473
>>24073549
>>24073598
>>24073617
>Non drinkers are judging and hate and or treat you like shit for drinking

Pretty sure you're judging us right now for not drinking and you're clearly all mad for saying i don't drink nothing added just as simple as that. You're doing some mighty high judging yourself there guys. Might want to take you're own advice.
>>
File: are you serious.jpg (28 KB, 576x584) Image search: [Google]
are you serious.jpg
28 KB, 576x584
>>24073669
>" the fact that you're uptight, cheap, boring, and trying to apply logic to something as ridiculous as letting loose and getting drunk."

>"Most people who don't drink are:

>- religious
>- underage
>- tightwads scared of losing control for even a second

>None are too fun at a party."

Yes, they did, and if you can't see that, then you must be drunk.
>>
>>24073747
I never said that, I just called you a pleb with no taste because you are a pleb with no taste
>>
>>24073787
Sure champ taste is subjective but you're entitled to you're opinion.
>>
Robot social drinking advice from someone who used to have the exact same thinking as OP.
Advice only applies if you have a hard time socializing at parties.

It's a great way to loosen up if you're the quiet type. Just drink a little bit so you aren't tipsy, but just starting to be. I used to be like you, then I started just grabbing a glass of jack and I'd work on it for like a whole hour or two. When I started building tolerance I'd do a shot or two too (which also helps with looking cool or something for some reason) and I'd be the prefect amount of loose.
The people who are way drunker than you look like assholes, and the alcohol will help you socialize.
This also leads to situations where you'll end up hanging out with whatever girl isn't drinking that much like you.

Give it a try, and remember you rather under drink than over drink so take it slow.
>>
>>24073617
Fuck, alcohol is the shittiest drug I've ever taken. To judge me for not wanting to drink is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
>>
If you don't drink and do drugs, you're missing out

Liiiike bro, if you hate your life, drugs really help take the edge off things.
>>
>>24073649
It makes me feel sleepy.

Drinking has no value.
>>
>>24072427
I don't know. One dude I know loves to drink and he keeps telling me how he wants to get me drunk and meet me to go bar hopping.
Both of my parents were alcoholics though and that worries me. I have no desire to drink because of them and the smell alone makes me feel bad.
>>
>>24073874
Being drunk gets rid of anxiety, causes more when you wake up and remember what you said and did but then you drink more and stop caring
>>
>>24073937
One guy I know loves to drink but when he's drunk all he does is be depressed and alienate his friends. He then complains about his friends hating him and being depressed when its a result of the alcohol, but then keeps on drinking anyways. I don't know why people put themselves in places like this.
>>
>>24073971
He drinks to dull the pain, but it causes the problem.

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.
>>
>>24073971
He's depressed so he drinks, he's fine for a bit then gets that one drink that puts him over the edge into depression again, wakes up, regrets his actions, drinks more to deal with it, people get fed up, he gets more depressed at what a fuckup he is and starts pushing people away because he's embarrassed and drinking more because it's all he can do to make it go away for even a little while

And then a decade goes by and he's posting this at 1:45 AM on a Friday night
>>
>>24074077
Hey man, I'm only up this late cause I'm trying to fix my sleep schedule. I don't even drink.
>>
File: drown the feels.jpg (130 KB, 1280x842) Image search: [Google]
drown the feels.jpg
130 KB, 1280x842
>>24074077
>mfw you just described me to a T

What the fuck am I doing with my life...
>>
File: 1425281984909.png (68 KB, 322x350) Image search: [Google]
1425281984909.png
68 KB, 322x350
>>24072427
Alcohol is a shit tier drug. It's only fun in moderate doses.

Psychedelics are where it's at. Opiates and amphetamine are a close second.

Even caffeine and nicotine are more enjoyable than alcohol imo.
>>
If you can pull it off, just tell people you're an angry drunk and you'd enjoy yourself more sober. Worked pretty well for me, but then I am a pretty big guy that people seem to find intimidating, despite the fact I'm one of the least violent people among my peers. Some people won't trust you if you don't drink, because they know you're sharp while they're slow.

>>24073473
I don't know, I'd say weed and angel dust are equivalent to alcohol in the price department. Dust may have an even better cost:effectiveness thing going on, because it's fucking bonkers.

My 2 cents: The only psychoactive less desirable than alcohol is DXM.
>>
>>24072427
Totally agreed OP. No one ever gives me shit for it though, probably because I'm a 6'5 300 pound negro
>>
File: 1444764524081.jpg (647 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1444764524081.jpg
647 KB, 1080x1920
>be me hanging with my neighbor (normie) and his friends
>ask me hey anon do you drink
>no I don't, I don't like alcohol
>one of the female friend pops up
>you don't like alcohol, you're not my friend

by the way she was hot, but in the back in my mind i was thinking

>bitch I didn't ask to be your friend

>that face when alcohol gets you pussy, but you don't drink
>>
>>24074292
>>you don't like alcohol, you're not my friend
Fine with me lol (leaves)
>>
>>24074347
Lol would've but my neighbor was my ride home
>>
>>24072427
> if you need to get drunk to have fun then you just aren't a very fun person to begin with.
If someone isn't very fun, alcohol makes them more fun, and that is a positive thing for all involved. There's nothing wrong with that, people aren't in the wrong for benefiting from a social lubricant. I'm not sure why you think this is a definitive winning argument for your attitude, god forbid people need a little extra help to be talkative and lose their inhibitions. Can you claim yourself to be perfectly socially adept, so you have the right to look down on people who aren't the life of the party fully sober?
>>
>>24074396
Fair enough i feel that.
>>
>>24074399
>judging
them tears!
>>
File: PupsMcRuffd7zhE3m.gif (483 KB, 497x279) Image search: [Google]
PupsMcRuffd7zhE3m.gif
483 KB, 497x279
>>24072427
>you just aren't a very fun person to begin with.
Welcome to /r9k/, I'll be your guide.
>>
File: tsI2G.gif (461 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
tsI2G.gif
461 KB, 340x340
>>24072427
agreed so hard

>>24074114
Top tier:
Psychedelics
Dissociatives
Weed

Mid tier:
MDMA

Low tier:
Opiates
Benzos

Shit tier:
Alcohol

haven't tried amphetamine but I can picture it being pretty good, I find caffeine fun as hell
>>
>>24072427

... what?

I don't know anyone who would get mad at a person for not drinking, unless that individual went off on an unnecessary tangent about why they're "superior" for not liking alcohol. I used to get drunk almost every night of the week, and now I avoid drinks like the plague.

Nobody really gives two shits. Plenty of people don't drink, or drink but don't get drunk, and it's not a problem for most.
>>
>>24074433
I hope you aren't implying that regular, social people who aren't autistic about drinking are the ones getting upset in this situation
>>
>>24073470
>stoners need to make it a major part of their identity
Nah just assholes do that.
I smoke tons of weed but if you know me in real life I never even mention it. I offer to share and if someone says they don't smoke I'm cool with it and don't try to STIMULATE THEIR MIIIIND MAAAAAN.

What people do with their body and mind isn't my business.
>>
>>24074479
drinkers are just as bad as psychadelic fags.
DUDE ACID LMAO
>>
>>24074619

yeah, I'd only think of someone as a stoner if they make a whole lifestyle out of it
>>
>>24072427
Mostly correct op.
I do agree there is a lot of unnecessary hate for nondrinkers around today. However:

>alcohol tastes like shit
Correct. Its not the correct reason to refuse alcohol though. All alcohol is bad tasting. If you hate alcohol just because you dislike the taste then people will automatically assume you are a pussy.

>People tell me I should drink with them cause its fun, but if you need to get drunk to have fun then you just aren't a very fun person to begin with.
Pretty true. However, see >>24074399
>>
>>24074479
Opiates low tier?

Fucking bait.
>>
File: 1418365199552.jpg (111 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1418365199552.jpg
111 KB, 1280x800
>>24074479
GOD tier:
>Psychedelics

Top tier:
>Opiates
>Amphetamine
>MDMA

Meh tier:
>Weed
I don't like it. It gives me liberal ideals, panic attacks, and takes away my motivation.

shit tier:
>Benzos
benzos are useful for mellowing out a bad trip. Otherwise, they are shit tier.
>Dissociatives.
>Alcohol
>>
>>24072891
it is useful in that respect, talking to girls is a lot easier while mildly hammered
>>
>>24072427
So you can not be yourself for a few hours

reason enough for any robot one would think
>>
>>24074479
holy shit this is a shit tier list
opiates and amphetamines are top tier, everything else is shit tier 2bh pham
>>
>>24074807
>>24074752
>>24074479
Retards its easy

God tier: Amphetamines, alcohol, weed, psychedelics, disassociatives, opiates, mdma,

Shit tier: Being sober
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.