[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /nevertip/ here? >go out to nice restaurant with friend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: 1424841069503.jpg (69 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1424841069503.jpg
69 KB, 499x499
who /nevertip/ here?
>go out to nice restaurant with friend
>order cocktails and appetizers
>order another round as soon as the appetizer arrives, make it known we intend to keep drinking
>immediately start getting better service than surrounding customers
>order expensive entrees and several more drinks
>total bill comes out to $181
>leave the tip line blank
>go to nearby bar and continue drinking
servicekeks can get fucked. I'm not giving those drug addicts a dime of my hard-earned money
>>
>>24072282
I have never EVER tipped because I live in Australia. Nobody tips, ever.
>>
>>24072282
Interesting. I didn't realize the word filter would change c_u_c_k if it was part of another word, as opposed to being a standalone word.
>>
>>24072302
Based australanon. Although I probably wouldn't tip either if the only beverage option available was Foster's.
>>
>>24072302
Australian here. I tried to tip this pretty girl once and she didn't even accept. She thanked me and gave me the change. I guess that's what happens when people are paid a decent wage.
>>
>>24072282
>>be male nurse
>>illegal for health care workers to accept tips. told repeatedly during training we're supposed to be the best we can be
>>everyone hates me for never tipping food bringers
>>
> be me
> huge beta
> always tip just in case i come back to this resto
> there is a nonzero chance that i run into qt server outside of work
> always overpay by 15%
> someday it will all be better
>>
>>24072380

Shhhhhhh - you'll trigger the Ameripoors by suggesting that people should be paid a fair wage for their labour, which flies in the face of their belief that everyone who isn't upper middle class is scum and deserves nothing
>>
File: 1439179772063s.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1439179772063s.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
>fat pizza delivery girl comes around to deliver my pizza
>she asks for a tip
>say "sorry I stopped tipping cows as soon as I left the farm."
>>
>>24072586
>implying lower class poors aren't entirely responsible for their own misery
>implying america isn't one of the best nations in which to make a lot of money
for what it's worth, pretty much everyone here (USA) agrees with what you're saying. Only problem is that servers usually make quite a bit of money via tips, and employers are required to make up the difference if your paycheck ends up being lower than minimum wage. I genuinely don't give a fuck because I got a STEM degree and have a good job, but a lot of people seem to get really worked up about tipping even though servers probably make more than they do.
>>
>>24072618
I'd have left a hefty scratch on your car for that.
I carry a knife for the occasion.

>tfw $90+ in tips every night delivering food
>>
>>24072302
it's such a stupid fucking tradition that i don't even know how it got started

do you tip the subway guy? do you tip your police, firefighters, mailmen, pharmacists, etc.? i have no idea what makes waiters so goddamn special here, and that's why i only order takeout or i just don't eat out period
>>
>>24072895
>implying I have a car
I'm a robot why do you think I had it delivered and not pick up?
>>
File: 1424460996722.jpg (28 KB, 250x240) Image search: [Google]
1424460996722.jpg
28 KB, 250x240
I only tip old ladies because they remind me of my Nana
>>
>>24072905
>don't eat out period
aww little baby too scawed to get his wed wings
>>
>>24072905
Actually as a person who works at Subway, yes we have a tip jar and people do put money in it. No idea why we have one, but I'm not complaining.Don't make anywhere close to server tips, but it's something.
>>
>>24072282
High end places tip out based on delivery aka sales. If you were at a nice place your servicekek wouldn't have seen the money anyway.
>>
File: jewenjoyment.jpg (19 KB, 263x192) Image search: [Google]
jewenjoyment.jpg
19 KB, 263x192
>>24072905
It started during the great depression. Restaurants needed to cut their overhead costs to stay open, so they started paying workers less and pushing the cost onto the public. The recession went away, but the tipping part stayed.
>>
>>24072282
but OP, they need that money for cigarettes and living in a high class apartment they think they can afford!!
>>
I rarely eat out, so when I do the extra 15% isn't going to kill me.

Plus serving staff usually have to pay 5% total sales to tip out, so if you have a 100$ bill and don't tip they are literally loosing 5$ serving you
>>
>>24072960
go deliver some pizzas for $5 an hour minus tip, chump :^)
>>
>>24073134
it's a period/cunnilingus reference you ninny
>>
I'm a huge dick for not tipping but so what?
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 640x480
I normally wouldn't tip but my girlfriend always gives me shit when I don't.

>tfw I run back in to "use the bathroom" and recover my impressive tip.
>>
>>24073156
i thought people without tips had smaller dicks
>>
>>24072825

>implying there is no class divide that makes it far more difficult for the lower classes to succeed.
>implying being a ruthless greedy cunt is admirable
>implying you weren't supported all the way through to the point you graduated and were able to find employment
>implying this fantasy that tipped servers are raking in the cash.

I love how Muhhripoors always think a reasoned discussion involves making up stories.
>>
>>24073078

>here are the imagined reasons I have for not tipping because I need to make things up to justify being a cunt to people
>>
>>24073230
>implying being a ruthless greedy cunt isn't the most admirable possible path for a human being to take through every civilization and all subsets of society
>>
>>24073230
getting mad won't pay your bills, poorfag. Why don't you go check on table 3, while I go check the performance of my 401k
>>
File: checked.png (186 KB, 457x303) Image search: [Google]
checked.png
186 KB, 457x303
>>24073230
>implying the ultimate goal in life isn't to become a rich, greedy, self-absorbed alpha like patrick bateman
Not trying to get dubs, this is just the only bateman pic I have in my folder.
>>
>>24073301

>believing this because it allows you to justify being a horrible piece of shit

>>24073327

>lashing out like triggered tumblr fatty
>being so boring and insecure about your wealth that you allow yourself to get paranoid about your retirement fund

Thanks for the laugh, pauper.
>>
>>24073438

You can't become a Bateman - that man was groomed from birth to be the man he was, you're a fucking pleb and a tryhard and you'll never have his genetics or upbringing.
>>
>>24073483
There is no honor in being poor, anon. Maybe you'll learn that some day.

>>24073511
>"Don't set goals for yourself. you'll never acheive them anyways"
Ah, now I understand why you're poor.
>>
>>24073578

I'm not the loser who is so poor you can't tip and is paranoid about his 401k.

Classic buttflustered pleb.

You can't set yourself the goal of being an elite old money yuppie, anon. If you'd actually paid attention you'd know there's no way into the circles of Bateman.
>>
>>24073289
Not that guy but do any of you even know people in the industry? Oh yeah... I forgot where I was.
Anyway, they get paid ~$20-$40 an hour after tips and don't pay taxes on most of it. All for remembering an order and handing someone food.
>>
>leave tip line blank
>your server happens to be a talented forger
>writes in reasonable tip
>you can't do anything to dispute it because it's in your own handwriting
I have done this to many faggots who don't tip me and leave the line blank. Never gotten caught or punished.

Enjoy being retarded.
>>
File: OP.jpg (138 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
OP.jpg
138 KB, 1366x768
>living life as a character
>unable to be a sincere human
>>
>>24073684
All memeing aside, not sure where the "paranoid over a 401k" thing is coming from. I check all my investments pretty regularly, and I have the most high risk/aggressive growth options in my 401k so I like to see how it's doing.

I tihnk you're being a bit too literal on the bateman thing, too. You can move up in your industry pretty quickly by going to every trade group you can and meeting as many folks as possible. If important people know who you are and know that other important people know who you are, you gain a lot of respect and set yourself up for success. You don't have to be born into a legacy family to live a bateman-esque lifestyle. My dad is rich as fuck regardless, but you still see my point.
>>
>>24072282
i always tip but some bitch who works with one of my friends started a rumor that i tipped her 14 cents or some shit and then everyone started calling me a cheapskate

so i went back and then tipped her 13 cents

what a bitch
>>
>>24072282
I always tip. If the service is terrible, waiter gets little tip. If the service is great I'll tip someone up to 10 dollars on a 20$ order. I hate the idea of someone slaving away and not getting rewarded for it.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.