[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /adhd/ here? How do you get meds for it quickly? I could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: ZEEPZOPZOOP.gif (366 KB, 500x355) Image search: [Google]
ZEEPZOPZOOP.gif
366 KB, 500x355
Who /adhd/ here? How do you get meds for it quickly? I could only get an appointment for two months from now and I feel like I'm gonna flunk this semester if I don't get something.
>>
>>24068908

adhd is a meme disorder, a spook, falsehood

maybe not hyperactivity but ADD yes
>>
>>24068935
It's been proven that people with ADHD have a smaller frontal lobe.
>>
>>24069006

And what does ADHD do? Can't focus? On what? Shit that you don't find interesting?
>>
>>24069097
That's part of it. It's also difficult to stay structured in general. I also trip up on my words sometimes because my mind is going a mile a minute. It's the result of lower than normal dopamine levels in the brain. Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it isn't real.
>>
>>24069163

hmm

provide me some documentation
>>
>>24069163

those are all signs of a great mind, not someone with a disorder
>>
>>24069216
>http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/495640_2

>http://www.kennedykrieger.org/overview/news/study-shows-boys-adhd-have-smaller-volume-frontal-lobes-brain

Took two seconds.
>>
>>24069297

>http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20490145,00.html

see anything retarded there?

I dont think you can grow a brain
>>
>>24069477
I mean you grow a brain when you grow you're growing everything else.
>>
>>24069868

Yeah I get you grow everything when you grow but to actually grow your brain im not sure I've never heard of that
>>
>>24069923
I didn't actually look through all the slides. Is it that thing that says you can add more gray matter to your brain or something?
>>
>>24069976

well

>(About half of kids with ADHD still have it in adulthood.)

Then you have your link saying "Using anatomic magnetic resonance imaging, the study showed that the volume of the frontal lobes in boys with ADHD was an average 11 percent smaller than that in a control group of boys."

So is ADHD solely a deficit in the frontal lobe, and if so it says in my link that most adults lose their ADHD when they reach adulthood

That would imply their frontal lobe grew to be normal somehow
>>
>>24070064
From my understanding it seems that some people with ADHD catch up with their peers in adulthood and some don't.
>>
>>24070260

Yep, I can't tell if it's really ADHD or if some people are just meant to remain retarded

I've been diagnostized with ADHD when I was like 13 and I don't feel my brain changed that much, I'm sure it got worse with the meds I took if anything, I've never had any of those drug dependency and impulsiveness and whatever, today I have much more discipline than pretty much everyone I know, it was all because I couldn't focus in boring school learning about the joy of multiculturalism

Well yeah I guess this is pretty anecdotal but I rest my case, there were plenty of people in my school who were on adhd meds for ... not much, the reasons they are diagnostized with adhd is always retarded

I've only ever known 1 kid who was legit hyperactive and pretty autistic
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.