[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some valid excuses for having no friends as a 30 year old ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: bickle.jpg (63 KB, 460x705) Image search: [Google]
bickle.jpg
63 KB, 460x705
What are some valid excuses for having no friends as a 30 year old ?
>>
most men past the age of 25 don't have friends.
>>
>>24066602
Keep telling yourself that. It's the point of your life where the superficial friendships are supposed to have faded away and you're left with a small circle of your closest friends.
>>
>>24066692
friendship is overrated.
>>
>>24066729
I don't think so. I think close, supportive and fulfilling friendships, as rare as they might be, have the potential to vastly improve quality of life.
>>
>>24066552

Never leave the house, haven't had friends since I was 7 or 8 years old.
>>
>>24066552
I don't need to make friends, my plan is to eventually move into a house in a neighborhood and just befriend the neighbors.
>>
All my friends got married or into serious relationships and are too whipped to do anything outside of what she wants, or have moved to other states/countries for work/opportunities.

That's my excuse.
>>
>>24066552
No excuses, Travis. Your personality is not fitting for most social norms.
Change yourself or accept loneliness.
>>
>>24066552
as a 30 year old, I have no friends because I don't leave the house.
>>
There's no point to friendship. I've shed away most of my so-called friends over the years and I'm slowly getting rid of the remaining two that somehow still persist. Thing is, every time I try to cut contact, the fuckers try to find me again.
>>
>>24067304
I'll do X eventually when I finally do/have Y is a dangerous plan.

So often Y just doesn't happen and then you look back, lament the time that you've lost and wonder how the fuck you're going to fix your life.
>>
>>24066552
If you live in a shitty antisocial place like I do. I'm 25 though.
>>
>>24066552
You were bullied as a kid when making friendships is the easiest.
>>
>>24067858
Nah, I had friendships all the way through school and up until I was 25. I killed my friendships through poor decisions, alcohol abuse and increasingly withdrawing myself from social contact and then staying in solitude due to insecurity about mediocre life and failures.

Can't really tell people that's why you have no friends though without them thinking you're pathetic.
>>
>>24066552
being emotionally scarred and having developed a terrible personality because of it
>>
I only have one friend and I'm 36 years old. He's a good friend, though. We speak every day and have done so for a couple of years. I have no family.

He overdosed on butyrfentanyl last weekend, aspirated on his own vomit and died.

Fuck everything.

He overdosed on opiates last weekend and
>>
>>24068266
I'm sorry for your loss.
>>
>>24066552
Tell them you're too busy making money for the future to have time for some petty bullshit most people engage in today.
>>
>>24069650
What if I'm poor and work a mediocre job?
>>
>>24070175
Tell them you have very tight group of friends, like 1-3, they don't know about and that's enough for you because you share lot of interests and spending time with them is never boring, while most of people are "plastic", fake and dumb like rocks.
>>
i just tell people i'm the most boring person alive today, hence, no one wants to be around me.

i am that boring.
>>
Had to move for work
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.