[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the point of sentience when everybody just wants
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: 1444120911905.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1444120911905.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
What's the point of sentience when everybody just wants to act the same?
>>
>>24064793

That's a pretty stupid fucking question.

Just letting you know.
>>
If that's true then explain the hipster paradox.
>>
>>24064821
Why is it?
>>
>>24064821
why?

Very curious.
>>
>>24064840
Everyone wants to be different in the same way.
>>
File: 1436438888950.jpg (23 KB, 273x240) Image search: [Google]
1436438888950.jpg
23 KB, 273x240
What's the point of anything when all there is is death at the end of it all? Why the fuck are we here? Why do we suffer so? Why do we try to remember when we are just forgotten?

Why am I so fucking depressed this evening?
>>
>>24064840
"Hipsters" are a hivemind, just like normies or most groups in general
>>
>>24064873
This so much
Why are we supposed to learn anything when it could be entirely wrong fundamentally or it will be forgotten like everything else on the planet?
>>
I am reminded of a quote from The Incredibles.
>>
>>24064840

>"I'm not like the other girls"

Enough said.
>>
>>24064848
>>24064849

Well.

In case you haven't noticed, people are pretty varied in what they want to do and how they act.

My idea of an interesting night is wearing a hip harness, then getting turned upside down, Getting meathooks through my shins and knees, then having them pulled tight.

What's yours? go for a run? go to a restaurant? weed and vidya? all those are fine.

If you want humanity to be interesting, maybe you should take the first step and spare me your contrived ennui. It just tells me you're inexperienced.
>>
File: 364854808_c8e501c66f.jpg (108 KB, 483x500) Image search: [Google]
364854808_c8e501c66f.jpg
108 KB, 483x500
>>24065124

ok, fagtron.
>>
>>24065124
Actions are not what I am talking about, I'm talking about the thoughts
>>
File: destruction.jpg (29 KB, 436x276) Image search: [Google]
destruction.jpg
29 KB, 436x276
>>24064873
The death drive forces us to desire a previous state of life, even when that state was painful for us. We are compulsed to repeat our terrible experiences over and over again. People who are abused keep getting abused because of a masochistic pleasure they derive from it. Happiness is not a natural state of body, only unhappiness and self-destruction, as every cell in our bodies tries to return to an inorganic state of being, a being before there was life.
>>
>>24065270

You're moving the goalposts, but I'll look the other way, and indulge you, my dear robot.

Yes, the thoughts. What about them?

Do you know what other people are thinking?

If so, what do they think about?
>>
>>24064939

Which one?

the one about you being a pedantic manchild?
>>
>>24065394
That wasn't moving the goalposts faggot, I know what I meant when I made the thread.
Most think the same things, mostly the things they are supposed to think about. Like mainstream shit and then controlled opposition.
You can see that normies are always acting the same on social media, and real life. They care about what they're supposed to and do what they're supposed to.
I'll rephrase the question that I originally said to get what I was thinking, why do we even have sentience when we model ourselves on the idea of conformity and acting the same as each other? Most are misusing it
>>
>>24065529

Ok, well.

In a vast universe that often seems sinister and unaware of us, we need the presence and shelter of love to transfigure our loneliness. This cosmic loneliness is the root of all inner loneliness. All of our life everything we do, think, and feel is surrounded by nothingness. Hence we become afraid so easily. The fourteenth century mystic Meister Eckhart says that of human life stands under the shadow of the nothingness. He calls it the 'umbra nihili'. People don't like to feel alone, so they do things to blend in with the crowd, they adopt mannerisms, ways of thought, and philosophies that on the surface seem popular and safe.

Humans evolved as pack primates. It's instinctual.

But unfortunately, you've bought into a false narrative in the exact way that you decry other people for.

"normies" isn't even a real concept.

It's a way of de-humanizing people you deem as your competition.

In my experience, even the most casual, well-mannered person can be extremely fucked up. The truth is, you don't know what they truly care about, nor do you know what they're doing 100 percent of the time. People are great that way, and if you want to truly know, you're going to have to learn a new art of listening and watching.
>>
>>24064924

If you don't have a why, find one.
>>
File: 1415167520651.jpg (85 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1415167520651.jpg
85 KB, 640x480
>>24064840

Whats a hipster paradox?
>>
>>24065973
I don't agree with what you said, but I like your writing, good stuff.
Keep it up, tripfriend
>>
>>24066209

I'm probably wrong in some respects, I agree.

and thank you, kind robro.
>>
>>24066315
No problem mane
>>
>>24065973
>In my experience, even the most casual, well-mannered person can be extremely fucked up. The truth is, you don't know what they truly care about, nor do you know what they're doing 100 percent of the time. People are great that way, and if you want to truly know, you're going to have to learn a new art of listening and watching
How do you listen the sounds that are too far to be heard?
What revelation does watching people reveal?
How do you reveal what's hidden if you can't reveal anything that belongs to you?
Why lie to ourselves when the abyss has already broke what little humanity you have left?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.