[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you talk to yourself?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: man-talking-to-himself.jpg (101 KB, 423x284) Image search: [Google]
man-talking-to-himself.jpg
101 KB, 423x284
Do you talk to yourself?
>>
>>24061907
I do, mostly when I'm home alone or frustrated at something. Usually I write to myself in the form of a conversation, it helps give me perspective, I don't have anyone to give me advice so I try to take my own.
>>
idk why I wouldn't, I'm super charming and witty
>>
>>24061907
no.
yes. shut up
>>
Incessantly.
Not even about anything though, because I have nothing to talk about.
>>
All the time

It's not like I have anyone else to talk to desu
>>
>>24061907
i talk to myself as if I am two people.

I call the other me "John" so that it isn't as confusing, but personalities identical.
>>
>>24061907

Literally all day long non-stop. When you have no one to talk to you sort of have to talk to yourself. And no, online friends don't count. They're not real people.
>>
>>24061907
Constantly. Especially when I'm thinking very hard.
>>
>>24061907
Only all the time. When I'll by myself i'll make up some whacky personas and say the weirdet shit in the weirdest voices. How deep in the autism am I?
>>
>>24061996
online friends are just as real as you are, faggot. You're not even lonely, just pompous.
>>
>>24061984
Me too
I also call myself "we" to myself and I frequently say "well both of us think ____" in my head when I've reached internal consensus

I call the other me "you" and the me me "me"
>>
>>24062027
I get in conversations about what tense I/we/ have to use. I've always wanted to talk to my actual self (idk how narcissistic that sounds) and it fills the void pretty well.
>>
File: 1446844940425.png (331 KB, 423x568) Image search: [Google]
1446844940425.png
331 KB, 423x568
i'm in a constant conference
>>
I do, but don't have conversations with myself.
It's stuff along the lines of:
"What the fuck are you doing?"
"Do better next time."
"Nice."
>>
all day and night
>>
>>24062080
I actually do it as a test. Apparently if you create another "self" after a while it'll work in the background and you'll forget it's just you willing another person.
>>
>>24062027
We/us pronouns pls
>>
>tfw falling in love with self-created hallucinations
>>
>>24061907
All day every day. 95% of the words that come out of my mouth are directed at myself. I have full blown conversations with myself. I have created a whole alternate universe where I'm successful and loved, and I live in it whenever I'm alone.
>>
>>24062025

In their own world I'm sure they are.
>>
File: ep211.png (72 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
ep211.png
72 KB, 320x240
I was watching Daria the other day. There's an episode (S2E11) where Daria ends up talking to herself after falling out with her best friend Jane. Just, you know, might be worth watching anyone interested.
>>
When I have an episode of past cringemoments occurring in my mind I start swearing to myself repeatedly

>kill yourself, fucking kill yourself, shit shit fuck shit kill yourself
>>
It's generally good to have a healthy internal monologue ... until it starts telling you to do things you dont want to do ...
>>
>>24062186
I know the feel.
>>
File: 1440648733767.jpg (58 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1440648733767.jpg
58 KB, 1280x720
>>24061907
Yes
When I'm alone, I sometimes pretend the object next to me is having a conversation with me instead of talking to myself
>>
>>24061984
I call my other me John too.. that's really scary anon
>>
File: sad-00026.gif (161 KB, 500x352) Image search: [Google]
sad-00026.gif
161 KB, 500x352
I was told I have a cute accent, so I like to try and hear it. It's become a bad habit now. The person who said it doesn't even talk to me anymore.
>>
No. Sometimes I sing to myself and try to come up with lyrics, but I have no need to talk to myself. I think pretty clearly already.
>>
>>24063757
What kind of accent?
>>
>>24063799
Midwest/Northern.
>>
>>24063854
That's not an accent.

You're just saying a lot of words wrong.
>>
I usually imagine myself as a famous streamer, so I talk to an imaginary audience about the game I'm playing. I usually talk with a strong British accent while doing it, because people used to tell me how great my British accent was.
>>
>>24063908
What words? And how isn't it an accent? It's no less an accent than someone from New York. Apparently it's very noticeable, but I don't notice it when I try.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.