[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are men still expected to pay for dates/drinks? All of my friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 11
File: pay for date.jpg (59 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
pay for date.jpg
59 KB, 300x400
Are men still expected to pay for dates/drinks?

All of my friends pay for women and I'm the only one who thinks it's stupid to keep paying for women in the year 2015 since the pay gap is pretty much a myth and now more women are graduating college than men, plus they'll get job preference once they graduate just because they're women.
>>
>>24060824
Feminism isn't equality senpai. They still want the same "chivalry" as b4
>>
File: 1444777802967.gif (1015 KB, 475x475) Image search: [Google]
1444777802967.gif
1015 KB, 475x475
>>24060824
Only on the first few dates, then eventually you split the bill. Then when you date it's a whole mix of splitting the bill, paying for all, or them paying.

I'm a femanon so I'm pretty set f a m.
>>
>>24060824
My sister says she expects the man to offer and then doesn't let him, paying for her own meal.

I don't get it.
>>
>>24060952
>Only on the first few dates
but isn't that just as retarded, since in our age group women are actually the higher earning gender.
Btw I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere, that even in a splitting the bill/You pay next time -kinda arrangement the man usually still ends up paying a higher percentage then the woman
>>
Don't have to worry about paying so much when going to olive garden you cheap fuck
>>
>>24060824
Every time I can pay, I pay. I feel manly doing so.
>>
Pay, it's not that big a deal and it's the right thing to do. If you can't pay then don't go out in public with women.
>>
File: 1446828645458.jpg (21 KB, 480x465) Image search: [Google]
1446828645458.jpg
21 KB, 480x465
>go on dates with gf
>bill comes
>waiter hands the check to me, doesn't even look at gf
>>
Depends. If there's trust, or if you know you'll see her again, why not, I mean it's just money who cares. But if you don't know her very well and arent getting anywhere in the date, or if it's too early to make a proper judgement, dont pay for her shit you beta fuck. That's diving head into the friendzone.
>>
>>24060824
Fuck that, I will gladly pay for my own drinks/food but when you factor in how women automatically assume you're going to pay the bill, they order all the expensive shit
>>
I'd pay for it to show her she's my property. Then I can treat her like the whore that she is.
>>
File: angry_pepe.jpg (39 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe.jpg
39 KB, 900x900
>>24062748
>Mom is going out with her female friends to a restuarant
>I have to tag along because of reasons
>Don't order anything, just sit there as company
>Bill comes
>Waiter hands the check to me
>"But I didn't order anything"
>"Oh, I thought you were going to pay for everyone"
>mfw
I flipped my fucking shit. My mother and her friends didn't even think it was a big deal since guys usually pay.
>>
>>24063748
>I have to tag along because of reasons
Why? These "reasons" sound like they might be more interesting than the rest of the story.
>>
>>24063748
why would you flip out? he thought you were a baws now he thinks your a fag.
>>
>>24063841
beta kuck fuck off
>>
I've always been told that the person who asks for the date pays for it. I actually totally get that, as say I ask someone out to some super fancy place that will cost a lot. I don't want them to be like... Well shit, I would like to go but I can't afford it.

As for girls asking guys out - yeah, I mean, it's getting better slowly. All you anti-feminist aspie fucks aren't helping though, I'll tell ya that much.
>>
ITT: we repeat yesterdays similar thread in which omegas get rectally enraged at simple social conventions and act as if somehow they should be exempt from them.
>>
>>24060887
They want all the advantages because they are disadvataged by society, so men are supposed to level it out in the relationship. It's quite simple reasoning.
>>
>>24063748
>tag along
>didn't get anything
calling bullshit, made up story. Why the fuck would you "tag along" to a restaurant and get nothing?
>>
>>24060887

>he actually thinks feminists go out on traditional dates and expect to be white knighted!

Stop posting about things you don't understand. Nobody wants to read your imaginary ramblings.
>>
>>24063974

More to the point, why did the autistic piece of shit beta orbit his own mother and her friends when there was no reason for him to be there?
>>
>>24060824
I gladly pay....its my privilege
>>
>>24060824
>gf always insists on paying for her own shit because she thinks taking my money is morally wrong
>I am pretty rich
>she is pretty poor
God I love her.
>>
>>24060824
I wouldn't even go on a first date that would cost either of us any money. I'd far prefer to get to know a woman by chatting at the park or something like that.

After that, I would insist that we each pay our own share of any dating expenses, and that would continue at least until marriage when arrangements might change.

Yes, I do realize that I'm autistic and will probably die without ever taking a woman on a date.
>>
>>24063983
try harder man
>>
>>24063915
>thinking this was clever bait
>thinking this was a clever post

If you hadn't of come here in the past month you would know that this thread is posted at least every few weeks, often more. Everyone, including me, hates cumdumpsters and enjoys talking shit about them and the luxuries they are afforded in western society.

If you don't want to participate I suggest you go back to Reddit.
>>
>>24063867
this is how i feel

imo it's a red flag if someone doesn't offer to pay or split the bill (especially after a few dates when interest has been established)

in long-term relationships, i think it's nice to split bills proportionally. i was in a relationship where i was making half as much as my SO and i hated going out to eat. now that i'm in a relationship with someone who makes less than i do, i'm really excited to treat them and i'd be fine paying 90% of the time
>>
If Its my girlfriend and I've been with her for a long time then sure I'd be happy to pay for her. If I was gay and had a bf I'd do the same thing. If itbwas a first date or just going out as a friend/with friends then no that bitch can pay for herself
>>
>>24064079

>he continues to delude himself that feminists - known haters of traditional gender roles - want to be treated like ditzy princesses and be taken out for expensive dinners by patriachal gentlemen

Getting flustered, anon?

>>24064081

>implying it was presented as bait or cleverness

>going on some retarded rant because you're triggered by truthful mockery

>being completely oblivious to the fact there was a massive thread about this only yesterdaty because you were too busy upvoting on Reddit like the newfag cunt you are.
>>
>>24063803
>>24063974
>>24064002
She thought I needed to leave the house once in a while and said that I wouldn't have to do chores if I came along.
Hold me.
>>
>>24060824
>Are men still expected to pay for dates/drinks?
only if you're dumb enough to be Spooked into believing in social constructs
>>
>>24062616
slave morality at it's finest...
>>
>>24062748
Used to be a waiter and I always handed to check to the guy, dont know why. never realized how sexist this was
>>
>>24062744
>and it's the right thing to do
top Spook desu senpai
>>
>>24060824
>ask someone to do something with you in order to prove that you're worth spending time with
>they should have to spend their money on this
Yeah no
>>
>>24063915
and rightfully so, as those "social conventions" shouldn't exist in the first place, so in other words everyone should be exempt from them
>>
>>24060824
>dating
That's where you went wrong. Women are too easy now a days they give pussy up front.
>>
I've never been on a date
>>
>>24063867
>I've always been told that the person who asks for the date pays for it
this is part of the reason I don't ask girls out - I let them come to me instead
>>
>>24060824
if you buy women drinks at a bar youre a fucking beta kek. women are fucking easy as fuck why would you fucking take them out on dates
>>
>>24065502
>Women are too easy now a days they give pussy up front.
but how does one get that pussy, except by dating?
>>
>>24065590
PUA, google it
>>
>>24065531
Only acceptable answer.
>>
>>24065477
basically this. women never feel like they have to do anything because despite all feminist rhetoric about men and women being equal, you are the one who has to prove you're worth the time of any woman you hang out with because they're all spoiled, narcissistic brats
>>
>>24060824
I hope you don't think that what you're "expected" to do matters.
>>
>>24065633
Or maybe its because you're approaching a random person and trying to show /them/ what kind of person you are
It literally doesn't matter if its a guy or a girl asking someone out, either way they're the one who should pay seeing as the other person is being kind enough to actually give them that chance
>>
>>24064458
Tell her to go fuck herself.
>>
>>24065690
I have never seen a girl ask a guy out for a date or a girl having to prove that theyre worth the time to a guy. I've been alive for 23 years and have met a fair amount of people. Above 30 or so
>>
>>24060824
If you aren't paying for a date, she will just move on to the next man who will unless you are literally the most attractive man she has ever met. She can just go on virtually any dating website and get hundreds of hungry men who will easily part with their money for her attention.

Unless the woman offers to split the bill you're going to have to pay up. Otherwise she will just leave and make things extremely awkward.
>>
>>24065690
No-one should start off having to prove something to someone else. It should be either that the two people like each other or that they decide that there is a possibility that they might like each other.
>>
>>24065458
Always set bill on table upside down. Unless someone specifically requests the bill then I lersonally hand it to them. Always ask seperate or together before totally the table. Get funny looks from the married folk. Still a better waiter than my coworkers. All two of em.
>>
>>24060824
Just take her to chipotle or Starbucks or some other place where you have to order the food yourself. Problem fucking solved. I've seen women literally using guys for nothing but free food, all you betas here are just feeding these cunts so they can go fuck Chad with a full stomach and you sit there thinking you're such a fucking gentleman when you're pathetic bitches are nothing but jokes.
>>
>>24060824

>went on a date last night, first time in years
>bought her a drink, things going well
>she buys the next one

It took me totally by surprise, really nice though.

shame she hasn't spoken to me since, back to normality then
>>
File: image.jpg (276 KB, 959x1222) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
276 KB, 959x1222
I live in California, known for their liberal views, and the general consensus is whoever asks pays (usually this ends up being the man) but in terms of relationships, it's often 50/50. Or 60/40, whoever makes more money.

Of course you have the guys that drool and pay for everything for their bitchy girl, but that usually only happens when the girl is a mooch and out of his league. If a guy dates within his actual and not perceived league, it's usually not a money sink.

Disclaimer: I'm not in the dating scene but a casual observer of trends among various social circles.
>>
>>24060824
>all my friends pay for women
>I'm the only one who thinks it's stupid
And you wonder why you're the only one who don't have a woman.
>>
File: smug.jpg (44 KB, 344x477) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
44 KB, 344x477
>>24066217
>Wanting to be with a girl who uses you for money
>>
>>24065556
>women are fucking easy as fuck why would you fucking take them out on dates
I'd take them out on dates for the very reason that they AREN'T easy
>>
my current gf always insists on paying for her half but we pay for each others' stuff since one of us may not be carrying cash
>>
File: Evil-smile.jpg (85 KB, 470x352) Image search: [Google]
Evil-smile.jpg
85 KB, 470x352
>tfw I take my guy out to nice restaurants and pay the bill
>tfw drop 5k on suprise weekend vacation

It's kinda fucked up though some guys get mad ass pained when you do this.
>>
>>24066646
>It's kinda fucked up though some guys get mad ass pained when you do this.
why? I'd be ecstatic if something like this happened to me

>tfw no female beta provider
>>
>>24066840
I'm being completely serious some guys get mad ass pain over this insecurity I guess or they have it stuck in their head it's what the man is suppose to do.

>plan nice suprise vacation for boyfriend and I
>Tell other manager I'm taking xyz day off
>he asks what I'm doing
>tell him
>rreaction "that's fucked up that's what the man is suppose to do"

I was shocked and all I told him was im sorry your gfs are gold digging bitches and don't think to do nice things for you. You do this shit to yourself.
>>
>>24067034
>"that's fucked up that's what the man is suppose to do"
top kek

but in all seriousness, this is one of the few things about feminism that I actually support, and yet some men are still retarded enough not to (even though it benefits them)
>>
>>24065494

>they shouldn't exist even though the only people who have a problem with them are a minority of failures who can't even get dates to get flustered about paying for.

100% confirmed omega
>>
>>24066646
Don't lie on the internet, that's hardly any point.
>>
>>24067172
I'm pretty sure all males have a problem with being "expected" to pay for dates, but the vast majority are too beta to speak their mind about it
>>
>>24066433

>having no understand of generosity and being so poor that you resent spending a pitiful amount of money

Poor people are always so tragic and angry.
>>
>>24067199

>all males are as omega as me and think the same things I do!

Nobody I knows cares because we're not poor and we're not dumb enough to try to date women who clearly aren't into us enough to make dating them worthwhile
>>
>>24063748
post pics of your mom and her friends.
>>
>>24067093
I like being able to support myself and have expendable income I don't know why women don't enjoy this.

It feels good to be able to pay and do nice things for your guy.

In my situation it makes a lot of sense too I triple his income why the fuck wouldn't I pay.
>>
>>24067172
>implying I can't get dates
>>
>>24066175
I havent seen you in months

I am glad youre back
>>
>>24067172
>using "omega" as a pejorative
>not realizing omegas are superior to betas such as yourself
>>
>>24067232
>we're not poor
neither am I

and I'd certainly say that most men think in a similar manner to myself, as a rational person prefers having more money to less money
>>
>>24060824
No.

If you're going on early dates to fancy restaurants to impress your whore, then you're a kuck.

Once a relationship is set, then you'll probably both be fine with paying.
>>
>>24067424

It's pretty obvious you can't. No-one who claims they're pretty sure what other people think is having any success with dating.
>>
>>24066081
this t b h f@m
>>
>>24067670
>It's pretty obvious you can't
I had a date only 2 weeks ago. I refused to pay for her meal, hence there is no second date

>No-one who claims they're pretty sure what other people think is having any success with dating.
and why would that be?
>>
my gf and I will split it sometimes, or either one of us will pay, she doesn't seem to mind
>>
>>24060824
>since the pay gap is pretty much a myth
It's not. Women are heavily overpaid compared to men.
>>
>>24067878
it's the other way around, retard
>>
>>24067446

>being so utterly delusional you think being at the bottom of the social heirachy is superior

Hilarious!

>>24067485

>he thinks being a cheapskate is rational and that he is certain most men think like he does.

Not everyone is poor and cheap and selfish like you, anon.
>>
>>24068012
the social hierarchy is pointless, so yes, the person who chooses not to play the game is superior for doing so
>>
>>24067765

>asking someone out on a date and then making a point of not paying for them and then getting rightfully rejected.

Are you really this unaware or do you genuinely think you're doing the right things here?

Thanks for proving I was right about your complete lack of success, by the way. Maybe you should actually speak to some men if you'd like to know what they think instead of making stupid assumptions based on your idiotic opinions?
>>
>>24068012
being a "cheapskate" as you say is certainly rational, as it's better to have more money than less money
>>
>>24068070

>this is what omegas tell themselves as they flail about at the bottom, failing miserably and seeking to absolve themselves of any responsibility.
>>
>>24068012
>poor
I already explained that I'm not
>cheap
meaningless buzzword
>selfish
there's nothing wrong with being selfish
>>
>>24068103
>Are you really this unaware or do you genuinely think you're doing the right things here?
I'm not unaware, and I'm certainly doing the right thing (by paying only for my expenses, and not the expenses of others)
>>
>>24068104

>being a greedy, selfish miser

What's better about it? It's not like you're talking significant amounts here - oh, wait, is the cost of a meal something you consider an amount of money worth getting concerned about having?
>>
>>24068103
>Thanks for proving I was right about your complete lack of success, by the way.
in what way was I not successful? I succeeded in living according to my values. also this "success" you speak of is a meaningless Spook

>Maybe you should actually speak to some men if you'd like to know what they think instead of making stupid assumptions based on your idiotic opinions?
I have, and most of them agree with me (the ones that aren't beta, that is)
>>
>>24068217
>muh Spooks

and it's not an issue of the money, but rather acting in according to my principles (and not compromising those principles due to social pressure)
>>
Might as well ask here.

What the fuck do you even do on a date? Do I need to have some kind of plan or something? Do we just get food and talk about whatever we feel like? I'm a stingy bastard who can only talk about hyper-specialized topics so this seems like a death trap for me.

Obviously, I've never been on a date.
>>
File: kraken.png (208 KB, 1499x1075) Image search: [Google]
kraken.png
208 KB, 1499x1075
>>24068134
I'm not "failing" at anything, because I never wanted to "succeed" at those things in the first place
>>
>>24068143

Only a poor, selfish, cheap person could be righteous about not being abel to afford to pay for a meal for someone they asked on a date.

I'm sorry this upsets you, but there really is something wrong with someone who lacks the generosity implicit when you date someone.

>>24068183

>openly being this selfish and cheap and somehow being smug and righteous about it.

Autism.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 300x393) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 300x393
>>24067431
Hi. I had surgery and painkillers made it difficult to focus.
>>
>>24060824
If you ask then you should pay
>>
>>24068316
and only a brainwashed normie could actually find some kind of moral high-ground in paying for someone else's expenses
>>
>>24068316
>using "autism" as a pejorative
>not realizing that autists are superior to non-autists

confirmed normalfag
>>
>>24068292
>being a stirnerfag
>Muh principles
I agree with you, women are worthless whores who should pay for their own shit, but still
>>
>>24067916
Maybe do some research before posting
>>
>>24068261

>I didn't get laid and the person who I asked out won't date me again but I succeeded

>all men agree with me and the only ones who don't aren't as awesome as dating champions like myself

TOP KEK

>>24068292

>being a cheap, miserly prat is "principles"

Whatever you say.

>>24068312

>I'm totally taking my ball and running home crying - the post.

Please stop trying to convince people this is true. Nobody believes you and you just look sillier and sillier.
>>
>>24068385
w-what if my principles are dictated by Ego?
>>
>>24068420
I agree, you should have done some research before making your initial shitpost
>>
>>24068338
I was worried that you found a bf that saved you from your misandry. Why did you need surgery?
>>
>gf earns 4 times what I do
>she always offers to pay
>sometimes even pays for shit without me knowing

Feels good to have a sugar mommy.
>>
>>24068443
The Ego itself is a spook. Stirner is also a spook.

back to /lit/
>>
>>24068431
keep patting yourself on the back for being beta, anon. I'm sure those Good Goy Points are worth it
>>
>>24068359

>not being weird and cheap is "moral high ground"

Oh, abnormie, you really will say anything to try to convince people you're not a total fucking retard.

>>24068384

>believing this
>thinking you're convincing in any way

confirmed omega
>>
>>24060824
I don't expect it to happen, but it's nice.
>>
>>24068480
do you have a single fact to back either of those claims up?
>>
>>24068495
>abnormie
>continues to use "omega" as a pejorative

what did I tell you about posting here, Norman?
>>
>>24068492

>he doesn't understand what a beta actually is in 2015 and persists in trying to meme that they're inferior.

You'd crawl over broken glass and have salt poured in the wounds to be considered at the very bottom of beta status.
>>
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 800x566) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 800x566
>>24068475
It was elective and preventative. I've been fairly public about it to my social circle so I'd rather not say the exact procedure as it could identify me.

But nope. Misandric as ever.
>>
>>24068542

>he still thinks this is his haven
>being this obviously new
>getting this flustered at being called exactly what he is

OMEGA
M
E
G
A
>>
>>24060824
The problem here is that you fail to realize that the tradition of paying for a woman etc had nothing to do with her wealth. It was considered a "chilvalrous" kind and generous act.
And if you have no problem paying for the bill on a date, you're just a kind man.

I mean, if you don't you're not being mean, you don't have to. But the point of kindness is when you do something good when you don't have to. I don't get why people complain so much about this. If you really have a problem with paying split the bill. It's that simple.
>>
>>24068551
>You'd crawl over broken glass and have salt poured in the wounds to be considered at the very bottom of beta status.
why would I? I have no desire to climb the social ladder when there's no point in doing so, the only winning move in this game is not to play
>>
>>24068578
>he still thinks this is his haven
it is, while you on the other hand don't belong here
>being this obviously new
except I've been here since the board was created
>getting this flustered at being called exactly what he is
I'm not "flustered" as you put it, in fact I own up to the term of "omega" because it means I'm superior to yourself
>>
>>24068555
>It was elective and preventative. I've been fairly public about it to my social circle so I'd rather not say the exact procedure as it could identify me.
I understand.

I enjoy reading about your awareness and observations. Your perspective is very interesting. Really glad you're back.
>>
>>24067328
so when are you going to cheat on him
>inb4 i-i-i would never!
>>
>>24068674
>I have no desire to climb the social ladder when there's no point in doing so, the only winning move in this game is not to play

>I'm a complete failure and a disappointment
>I'm reframing this as a choice
>please believe me

>>24068713

>claims to be here from the start and that this place is a haven for his kind

100% confirmed newfag, probably from Reddit originally.

>still trying to convince me that being on the same tier as the intellectually disabled is superior.

KEK - abnormies will shift the goalposts anywhere and then insist they're winning the game. Gotta give you credit for your complete lack of shame.
>>
>>24068837
As much as you don't want to believe it I wouldn't cheat on him.

A. I have no reason too I love, respect and enjoy being with him for who he is.

B. If the relationship went bad to the point I would even consider it we would have to have a serious discussion and at the end the result would be we separate or work on our problems. We're both rational adults there is no need for that kind of bullshit.
>>
>>24069144
>implying you 'consider' cheating
hahahahaHAHAHAHAHHA
As if it isn't a fucking instinctual, biological, impulsive thing. Women literally don't respect a man if he earns less than them, and if a man who does earn more comes along with the higher social status that comes with it, RIP your c-u-ck of a bf.
>>
>>24060824
depends on where you live and the people you associate with. Most of the girls I've dated have been moderate-feminists, and certainly don't expect me to pay for everything.

Now that I've got a gf she pays for my stuff all the time when I'm broke, and I return the favor when I can. It's fairly equal.

Advice for robots - prepare to pay for a first date, but use it as a litmus test. It's a red flag if she expects you to pay.

inb4 normie get out reea
>>
>>24069203
U wot m8?

Money is a secondary sexual characteristic. It signals beta provider.

Women make up their minds about sex within a minute or two.

Wealthier guys are for LTRs and getting kekked by the broke but hot and dominant gardener.
>>
>>24069203
Here's the deal bud if i wanted a chad I could have it.

Chads are piles of shit I've spent enough time around those kind of men at work and I've never wasted my time. They are self centered, manipulative and they want to conquer a woman not form meaningful relationship. They don't deserve respect.

My guy deserves all the love and respect I can give him. Money isn't an issue with him. He is quiet, reserved very sweet, loyal to his family and he's wonderful to me. He's not a very social person he dosent like most ppl and to be honest I don't either.

So what possible reason would I have to hurt him, betray his trust and ruin a loving relationship?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQqUC43Bkz0
>>
File: ameriboos btfo'd.png (156 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
ameriboos btfo'd.png
156 KB, 1200x900
>>24060824
I never pay for a grill on the first date.

Maybe later if I feel like it but I don't do it anymore than I would for a friend.

I go on a lot of coffee dates via tinder.
Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.