[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going to a psychologist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Normalwes.jpg (11 KB, 200x271) Image search: [Google]
Normalwes.jpg
11 KB, 200x271
So my mom's sort of forcing me to go to a psychologist today. I've never been to one before don't really know what I'm gonna talk about. Anyone have experience going to one?
should I tell them about my waifu?
>>
Enjoy a one way trip to the mental hospital

Protip: Lie about everything
>>
>>24060753
This person will pretend to be your friend then one day will do a 180 on you and institutionalize you
>>
>>24060753
i went when i was a kid, it made no difference
>>
They dont like you, dont fall for their trap

Just talk about your anxieties and dont mention r9k or 4chan for the life of you
>>
>>24060753
if actually want help, don't lie and don't hide anything.
>>
>>24060753
I assume you mean psychiatrist, psychology is usually meant for research and not diagnosis. Get ready for a wrong diagnosis. It is so behind that it's pretty much guesses and pseudo science at this point.

All psychiatrist believe different shit so you can visit different ones and they can guess different shit for you. It's a big waste of money though, hence why no mental disorder has been cured, only badly "treated".
>>
>>24060830
If you want better treatment, just visit a family doctor and describe your symptoms. Much cheaper and will prescribe the same medications.
>>
>>24060753
i'm already going to one, help me with anxiety actually but in the social skills part the therapy is really difficult and i ended lying
>>
>>24060753
I'm actually jealous. I can't even afford to go to a psychologist.
>>
>>24060830
You're an idiot, psychiatry is almost strictly just treating mental illness with medications. Psychologists help you come to understandings and realizations with the aim of changing your behaviors for the better.
>>
>>24060753
You should ask how much information he'll share with your mom.
>>
>>24060918
That's fucking wrong, champ. You just described a theripist. Psychologists do research.
>>
File: 1435387503706.gif (474 KB, 280x200) Image search: [Google]
1435387503706.gif
474 KB, 280x200
don't mention anything autistic, including but not limited to:
waifus
video games (you can say you play them, but don't mention specific games)
music beyond pop/rock/alt/normie music (aka don't say "I like mongolian throat singing")
4chan/forums
memes
lack of girlfriend
fashion/style
anything related to your ass or genitals (idk you can never know what people are gonna say to their psychologist, best to be exhaustive)
anime (for the love of god do NOT mention anime or cartoons)

I went to one after my parents got divorced at the behest of my mother. I was 13 I think. Wasn't bad, but didn't really do anything for me, so I stopped going after a couple visits. Their job is to help you out, so if it's a bit personal then feel free to express your feelings. Just don't autismo too hard.
>>
>>24060918
You're thinking of therapist.
>>
It's a load of shit for the most part.

I get forced to go to them so they don't stop my neetbux.

Just fucking lie, you can't cure what's wrong with people like us without some medications that'll fuck you right up.

Just fake some normie problems, your anxiety and sometimes mild depression will do.

I actually opened up to one once, showed her everything the was fucked up with me. She just stared at me like I was a freak and essentially told me to get over it, in so many words.

Just do what you have to, to ensure you don't have to go again.
>>
>>24060753
psychologist is a joke, a total retard,
psychiatrist is real doctor
>>
What's bothering you anon?

Here's what you do:

1 - Make a list of things that you want to get out of counseling.

2 - Make a timeline of when you want to accomplish these.

3 - Discuss both with counselor.

4 - Be prepared to make adjustments in both goals and timelines

5 - Continue counseling with both goals and timelines in mind

6 - Every month (assuming you go every week), compare progress towards goals and timelines

7 - If either are off, discuss why with counselor to keep them on track

You may get a counselor that really wants to help, or you may have one that is just looking for billable hours. If you don't do the goal/timeline thing you will lose all control.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.