[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>go to homecoming for my university >cheerleaders, marching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: 5281c415ec6d8.image.jpg (90 KB, 728x486) Image search: [Google]
5281c415ec6d8.image.jpg
90 KB, 728x486
>go to homecoming for my university
>cheerleaders, marching band, artists, athletes, fireworks, etc
>feel so out of place
>everyone is having a great time, smiling, looking happy
>they're all jumping up and cheering and when i emulate them it just feels so weird and forced
>just want to leave the whole time
>trying to enjoy myself but it seems so alien to me
>leave early despite paying $80 for a ticket

why are normie activities so fucking horrible? are they all faking it or do they acutally enjoy that shit? how can i make myself enjoy these activities? alcohol doesn't help and just makes me incredibly cynical and all i want to do is chain smoke cigarettes
>>
get drunk and then you'll get it senpai
>>
>>24059320
read my last sentence

>alcohol doesn't help and just makes me incredibly cynical and all i want to do is chain smoke cigarettes
>>
>>24059291
You're what most people refer to as a "cynical prick". It's not that these things aren't amusing (they are) and the atmosphere isn't contagious (it is), it's that you're such a dour faggot that you can't enjoy letting lose and having fun without judging those around you and holding an aura of superiority over them
>>
>>24059337
gotcha. why'd you go?
>>
>>24059380
Not the case, family. Some people just don't enjoy that particular kind of environment. Plenty of normies would feel similarly out of place during an intense board game session.
>>
>>24059405
i've never been to a school event or football game despite going to my uni for 4 years and i figured i would finally give it a shot since i got an internship and can afford a ticket. welp that was a huge mistake tbqh
>>
>>24059380
i dont feel superior i can't even enjoy myself
>>
>>24059291
drink alcohol and go with friends
>>
>>24059431
In both cases, the person involved is unable to enjoy the situation because of preconceived notions about who such a situation is "meant" for. Saying "I'm not the type who enjoys sports games" is really just saying that your mental image of yourself doesn't include liking sports so you continue to refuse to allow yourself to enjoy those situations. Same goes in reverse.

If you can't enjoy both, it's because you're a prick, plain and simple
>>
>>24059291
>cheerleaders, marching band, artists, athletes, fireworks, etc
You're supposed to look at those, not emulate everyone else. Maybe you just don't find any of those things fun. It's not a big deal. People go to homecoming for the environment, to relax while watching entertainment, and optionally hang out with friends.
>>
>>24059573
i had no idea i wouldnt enjoy it. didn't know what to expect besides normie descriptions of it which are basically "its so fun"
>>
>>24059575
i did look at them. people were jumping up and down with the music so i felt like i was supposed to as to not look weird. it didnt help me enjoy it
>>
>>24059573
this is bullshit. nobody just likes everything
>>
>>24059573
>if you don't like every single thing you're a cynical prick
okay then
>>
>>24059380
what is supposed to be amusing about it? and how is the atmosphere contaigous, you canjust have fun because everyone else is?
>>
>>24059788
Because everybody is to some varying degree a cynical prick

>>24059882
Yes

>>24060075
Emotions are contagious if you are a normally functioning human being
>>
>>24059573
>if you don't enjoy something you're a prick
So I take it you believe that every single person on this planet is a prick?
>>
>>24060115
>Emotions are contagious if you are a normally functioning human being
is this bait?
>>
>>24060162
Of course it is, look at the fucking name.
>>
>>24060115
>Emotions are contagious if you are a normally functioning human being
kek
>letting other people's feelings affect your emotions
>not being a loser

pick ONE
>>
>>24059573
>everybody is the same!! or they're just pricks
No, you pathetic autist.

I can't enjoy these activities because it's literally not me. I've tried, I've "loosened up" and pretended to enjoy these things, but it's never worked.
>>
Hey OP, try being a cyborg who joined at frat at UF. I ended up disaffiliating because of how little I could socialize.
>>
>>24061587
i actually did join chi phi but i was kicked out in about a month

fucking richfags i didn't fit in at all
>>
File: BFA-football-2009-1-3.jpg (19 KB, 382x250) Image search: [Google]
BFA-football-2009-1-3.jpg
19 KB, 382x250
>>24059291
You're not alone, this isn't even a robot thing. Some people like being spectators, other people like being players. Some people don't want to be either. I would personally rather be on the field than be a spectator, but I can empathize more with people who don't give a shit about sports than I can with "fans". "Fans" are fucking embarrassing to be around and they are basically involved in cult mentality herd behavior.

>YOU HAVE TO DO THIS THING EVERYONE DOES IT
Watch me not do it. Watch me not cheer when you cheer, watch me not open my mouth when you chant, watch me not clap when you clap. If someone hits someone hard enough on the field that I can hear it from up in the stands, I might say something. I like violence. But I'm not going to stand up and cheer like a retard because it's not about me being a fan, it's about those men on the field fighting eachother for our amusement.

The thing about "fans" is they really want the show to be about them, they want to be seen being a fan with everyone else, they want to fit in. This is almost as important or even more important than appreciating a good hit.

I salute athletes, but I despise fans. Also, if a sport or team has 90% black players, I don't watch it. I only watch football if the teams are majority white, which means I only watch college football from a handful of places in the country. And if I'm watching fighting like MMA, if it's two black opponents I'll change the channel. Why? Because I can't empathize with them for the same reasons they can't empathize with white athletes: we're all racist.
>>
>>24059380
>the atmosphere isn't contagious
You sound like a woman. The atmosphere is only contagious in that watching other men fight will make you want to fight (if you're a man or not a faggot). If you're a faggot, you take this to mean "Everyone else is cheering and dancing around so I better too! Oooo so fun! So contagious! The atmosphere is electric!"
Gay.
>>
>>24062605
I agreed with you until you got /pol/ on me.
>>
>>24062726
Black athletes don't empathize with white athletes. Black athletes don't look up to white legends in Football. You admire athletes you can empathize with, unless you're a kuk, and there are many many sports fans who are kuks.
>>
>>24062833
>you can't admire athletes who are black or else you're a cvck

Okay /pol/
>>
>>24062833
This. You align yourself with people you identify with the most.

As an aside, have you ever wondered why there are more black athletes today than white? Something tells me it's the age of when black women usually give birth. They're younger and the eggs aren't as old. I mean, as a woman gets older there are greater risks for birth defects. Does this make sense to anyone else?
>>
>>24062909
Black men are also genetically superior.
>>
>>24059573
As a person who doesn't like sports, I tried sports. I tried watching sports and playing sports for years. But I always found that going home and playing video games was way more enjoyable for me. Fuck off tripfag
>>
>>24062876
I doubt /pol/ shares my opinion, I just have very narrow tastes. /pol/ would say "African Americans are great athletes because we bred them to be", now that's far more racist than what I'm saying, and a good amount of them probably enjoy watching their "slave" athletes compete in ways I don't. Because again I want to be a player, not a spectator, so I have to watch things I can empathize with. I like power lifting, strongman sports, I like hockey and watching two white men fight eachother on ice and punch eachother's teeth out. I liked watching Brock Lesnar gorilla fuck people when he was in his prime and don't care that he was on steroids. I'm not saying I'm a great person.
>>
>>24062909
Why don't you test your theory instead of mindlessly speculating? Do some research on the ages parents give birth to great athletes and see if you find any trends. Could be cool. /pol/ would eat it up of course.
>>
File: ClintWalker.jpg (47 KB, 662x570) Image search: [Google]
ClintWalker.jpg
47 KB, 662x570
>>24062968
Just because they can run and jump well doesn't mean they have the best genetics.
>>
>>24063056
So you can't empathize with people that look different? You're that faggot who self-inserts into athletes and movie characters.
>>
>>24063133
I'm getting multiple dub 33's. I better keep going.
>>
>>24063141
>So you can't empathize with people that look different?
You think racial genetics are about looks only?
>You're that faggot who self-inserts into athletes
Exactly. If I couldn't do that, I would probably be a fan and be able to enjoy spectator sports more.
>and movie characters.
Pff, keep grasping straws bitch nigga. If you want to go that route though, sure. I identify more with heroes than I do with the women who fall in love with them, that's because I'm not a woman like you.
>>
>>24059573

This is just bait but you can like sports and at the same time not give a fuck about cheering on kids your own age for a competition that you have little stake in. I just don't like the idea of worshipping people who have already been worshipped their whole lives.
>>
>>24063243
No, you're the woman who falls in love with heroes. It's why you keep posting shirtless men you fucking queer.
>>
Louis Cyr was a fat whiteboy who was supernaturally strong. All the strongest men throughout history were white. If you think I'm racist or wrong to look up to them more than I do Jamal for running the fastest 40, that's fine with me. I'm okay with you having your own opinion, because I'm not a conformist woman who needs everyone to think like them or gets upset at others not playing along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXpkspT7CYE
>>
>>24063305
>being this insecure
Stay weak.
>>
>>24063305
>No, you're the woman who falls in love with heroes.
You can't even admit the difference between wanting to be a hero and wanting to admire them. You can't even admit the difference between being an athlete and a spectator. I think you're triggered for reasons that we can't help you with. Sorry if your skin is brown and you're upset or something, that wasn't the intention.
>>
I can still admit to the genuine greatness of some black athletes, from each era. Like Jim Brown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6cCXNBeVfc

But I'm always going to empathize more with John Riggins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wCRJyl2iQ4

You can be as upset about that as you want. Or you can stop being an estrogen tube and stop crying everytime someone on the internet offends your sensibilities.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 355x461) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 355x461
>>24059380

>aura of superiority
>tripfagging

Fucking hypocritical piece of shit.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.