[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you Iift?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19
File: 1411158895833.jpg (27 KB, 555x555) Image search: [Google]
1411158895833.jpg
27 KB, 555x555
Why don't you Iift?
>>
Too embarrasses to go to the gym

Too poor to buy the machines and all that lifting shit.

Help
>>
>>24057208
I'm already healthy and I don't see a point
>>
>>24057332
Get some cheap Dumbbells. Once you've exhausted them going to the gym won't be embarrassing
>>
>>24057332
Just get a pair of dumbbells with adgustable weight and a pull up bar that you can put in the doorway. Most of the shit you can do can be done with dumbbells
>>
>>24057208
I lift, I have a gf, I am not an autist. But im still here because I agree with yals views sm.h fa.ms
>>
Jokes on you I have a 400 wilks
>>
What are some good exercises a robot can do for free?
Will pushups and crunches work to get me somewhat fit looking?
>>
>>24057504
No. You must do lifts that allow you to progress in weight. Pushups wont get heavier over time, so you wont grow breh
>>
get some medium weight dumbbells, but don't fall for the heavy weight and low reps meme, you will only get good quality muscles and nice warrior aesthetics (aka not pumped up macho man looks) if you do very long rep counts and exercies that test your discipline and endurance
>>
I am in my second month, its hard to progress on bench press..(doing 5x5 stronglifts)
>>
>implying I don't
I lift and hate every fucking second of it. I only do it to comply to societal norms. I miss being scrawny as fuck desu senpai.
>>
>>24057504
pullups dips one-legged squats
and run
before you exhaust this (like do 12 reps 6 sets with perfect form) you are gonna be fit
that's a full body workout right there
4 free
>>
>>24057618
what's an appropriate amount of reps/set and sets to start with?

i know it's variable per person and per exercise (10 dips =/= 10 pull-ups) so should i just see how many i can do in a minute and establish a baseline there or something?
>>
>>24057781
If you are a beginner I doubt you will be able to do one legged squats at this point, but google progressions.
For dips and pullups, aim for something reasonable
8-12, SLOW reps with good form, a few sets, maybe 3-4
This isn't really math, you don't need exact answers here, but:
If you can't do 8 pullups with good form for example, do as many as you can.
What matters imo is that you do it persistently and eat healthy
your body will take care of the rest
This minimalistic approach has made me feel a lot healthier, i think it will work for you too
>>
I already have a perfect twink physique and I don't want to spend more on food.
>>
Used to. Found out it was a waste of time. I was buff but a beta so I still didnt get laid and it got boring after a while. I'd rather do lighter work outs and hopefully just develop abs.
>>
I do lift because I want to look good naked. I have somewhat narrow shoulders so most of the time I look dyel as fuck in clothes.
>>
File: Just DO IT.gif (778 KB, 299x360) Image search: [Google]
Just DO IT.gif
778 KB, 299x360
>>24057332

I never really understood why people would be embarrased to go to the gym, when the biggest fucking landwhales feel free to block spots in every gym. The just come, sit on some machines for a while and get a double proteinshake afterwards to double their fatgains.
With people like that everyone can go there. And being embarrased because you can't lift as much as people who train longer is like feeling ashamed as a kid that you're borderline autistic when you go to school.
You CAN be ashamed when you go to gym alldayeveryday with nothing to show for, however. Just like school/collage, when you think about it.

Just drop your shit and go to the gym, LIFT THE PAIN AWAY
>>
>>24058127
Why are you trying to ruin your cuteness?
>>
>>24058173
But, anon, I'm qter with muscles on.
>>
>>24058166
Home "gym" master race here. I've heard stories of the gym bros meatheads making fun of skinny guys going there. It's not hard to imagine most of those guys will feel like shit and leave the gym.
>>
>>24058240
Maybe you do.
>>
>>24058166
gym is full of normals
gym takes time to get to and back
gym costs money
gym is such a meme nowadays
>>
>>24057208
Because I'm lazy and would rather avoid turning into some kind of ripped autismo. I also like my body type/facial structure, it's decent enough that lifting isn't a necessity.
>>
>>24057208
Running makes me feel way better. I hate exercising indoors.
>>
Guns make lifting obsolete.
>>
>>24057554
What about one-handed/incline/handstand pushups?
>>
>>24058402
Guns can't carry 60 pounds of gear three miles. Don't you want to take your QT backpacking?
>>
File: sacroiliitis_pevis_implants.jpg (144 KB, 1500x1180) Image search: [Google]
sacroiliitis_pevis_implants.jpg
144 KB, 1500x1180
Because I have to get this done to my body, it's from lifting.

If I can't fix this problem, I can never have sex, ever. It will be a death sentence.
>>
>>24058455
>backpacking with 60 pounds of gear

What the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>24058482
What in the living fuck is this supposed to be?
>>
>>24058482
Snap city not even once
>>
>>24057208
Because it's hard and I don't like to sweat
>>
>>24057208
I do lift
>>
>>24057208
Not enough carbs and protein, I started again though. Hopefully I can stop being a skinny manlet with a huge head and just be an average manlet with a fat gf who will leave me because I can't connect emotionally and she want s a bigger dick attached to a guy with broader shoulders and a prettier face.

Just can't win.

I used to be a afraid of dying of a heart attack randomly if I exercised. Being a NEET was hell.
>>
I do lift, and I'm ripped.

It's good for building some solid base confidence, but I still don't recommend it considering the time and effort required. Robots are much, much better off trying to become more social and outgoing.
>>
>>24058756
Can one not do both?
>>
>>24058756
Completely agreeing with this. Staying in shape is one thing, but don't let the gym become your only outlet. Back when I was super healthy, I would never go out and have fun because I was afraid of spoiling my strict diet and felt like I had to get up early to work out.
>>
>>24058631
It wasn't even from actual lifting. It just popped out of place from a plank I did. My pelvis wasn't in the correct placement, got up, then the pain hit me.
>>
>Gym is expensive
>can barely do 5 pushups
>low fat so i have to lift for 1 year or more to get results.
>Tired of superficial bullshit
>sex drive went away and i crave books
>>
>>24058817
Sure, I'm just saying not to rely on it to fix yourself, because it won't.
>>
>>24058482

IKTF. My knees are completely fucked from doing squats.
>>
>>24058918
What happened? Joint problems or an injury?
>>
I stay fit by doing fun stuff. You don't have a gf because you're too boring to carry a conversation. Going to the gym won't fix that. But once you have yourself a QT, they like being lifted and carried. You may be able to get there quicker just taking a loaded rucksack while doing fun stuff, instead of wasting time traveling to and from the gym. Lifting people is all about your core. Not much arm is needed.
>>
>>24059040
>rucksack

Please note that if you were not in the military, owning and using a military style backpack is unacceptable and you deserve to be mocked.
>>
>>24058885
>gym is expensive
YMCA memberships are cheap
>can barely do 5 pushups
Isn't that the point of going to the gym
>low fat so i have to lift for 1 year or more to get results
If you could see results sooner than one year you'd have to keep going for the rest of the year anyway to keep it up
>tired of superficial bullshit
Then don't focus on working out for looks, focus on going for strength and improved health
>sex drive went away and i crave books
I don't understand what this has to do with lifting
>>
i'm in a wheelchair
>>
>>24059165
I don't know who's been lying to you broseph but you use your hands to pick up the weights
>>
>>24059197
>not doing squats with a weight strapped to your dick

If you can't maintain a raging boner while lifting, you're low test as fuark desu senpai
>>
>>24059086
My bf is a sergeant and I use his uniform to get free doughnuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Na30aFi9iU
>>
>>24059165
another victim of the SS troll
>>
>>24059197
There's no reason to lift weights when you can just work your wheelchair. Gotta go fast.
>>
File: hahafaggot.jpg (48 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
hahafaggot.jpg
48 KB, 330x319
>>24059244
10/10. Ending could not have been more perfect.
>>
>>24059244
my sides

also my other sides fuck you robot
>>
>>24057208
started to lift 3 days ago
Feels good man.jpg
>>
I lifted for two years then i realized theres literally no point for an ugly guy to lift. I also fucked up my knees from squats
>>
File: 1445610061756.png (6 KB, 330x245) Image search: [Google]
1445610061756.png
6 KB, 330x245
I don't have any confidence. I don't have any friends.
I don't have any motivation.
>>
All I'm doing is cutting. 124.8 at 5'7" and taking off a fifth of a pound a week. No tedious calorie counting. Just stand on the scale when I want to eat and wait a while if I'm above this week's number. Not hungry at all.
>>
If you have trouble going to the gym, get a few kettlebells. You can do a great workout in 30 minutes. Essentially just the swing and ohp and then whatever you like.
>>
>>24057208
Because i swim: 2 km 3 times a week, when I'm not with my beloved gf or I'm not studying.
>>
>>24057208
Fuck the gym. Go out and get involved in a social sport.
>>
>overweight
>depressed
>realize being a muffintopped fuck will forever kill my confidence and ability to attain a qt short hair gf
>only eat 1 - 2 meals a day
>begin walking 5 miles a day, aside from normal commuting
>began doing sittups every night before bed
>started at 50
>now can do 200
>started lifting weights with a cheap dumbell set
>now up to 20 pounds
>lift them for 8 minutes while I listen to good workout music before I sleep
>pirate insanity workout
>follow it the best I can for the 25 minute duration while desperately trying not to keep body slamming my downstairs neighbor's ceiling

Sometimes it's hard to stay motivated, but I'm forming a habit of it. I think I'll get there eventually.
>>
I do
progress is slow and if you miss a month (for example because you're sick or moving cities), you lose like 2 months worth of progress.
>>
>>24057208
After reading /fit/ a bit, I understood that lifting does not guarantee a gf.

All normie advice is a lie.
>>
Because it's a normie meme along with coding.
Running is way better
>tfw terrible foot pain so can't run
>>
>>24060890
Frankly, I feel like lifting only encourages antisocial behavior if you already have social anxiety. Lots of autists go to the gym solo, put headphones on, do their workouts and never interact with anyone.
>>
>>24057208
Doing street fitnesse now. Also massages and spa. Bitches are so into me that i make them spill their autism all over my face and blush after they do it. I have other problems though. Mainly drugs and shit that prevents me from meaningful relationship .... as of now.
>>
>>24058938

I was doing a squat and I heard a pop like two cueballs hitting together echo through the gym. I got the weight off and then my knee swelled up to a volleyball. Ten years later and my knee is now arthritic.
>>
>>24060930
its better to be antisocial at the gym, it gets the work done quicker and makes sure you don't have to listen to other people's bullshit.
>>
>>24061009
I get that but the gym shouldn't be an autist's only place for exercise. Playing a team sport provides valuable social skill building.
>>
>>24057208
I don't feel like doing a combination of weird exercises because it sounds tiring, confusing and uncomfortable. 5x5 Squat Pull-up Etc etc... no thank you.

I'm just going to start running, building that up slowly.

Have no idea what your body will look like if you start running 3/week though...
>>
>>24061186
Skinny. I've been running for 10 years now (19 now), and I'm a twig with a little muscle from doing body weight training. I'm planning to go to the gym, since I've realized nothing beats strength training for aesthetics and practicality.
>>
I went for the first time today.

I'm auschwitz mode and the monitor there wouldn't let me use free weights and made me use machines. We have to obey his commands, so I did and tried my best anyway.

On my way to home I felt sick. Thirsty, couldn't think straight, couldn't lift my arms, wanted to vomit, wanted to shit all over the place.

A few hours have passed and now feel great. Would recommend.
>>
>>24061271
>I'm auschwitz mode and the monitor there wouldn't let me use free weights and made me use machines.
KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKK holy fucking shit that is retarded. Kill him and then yourself and then burn that gym down.
>>
>>24061365
It was disappointing as I had been learning all about joint positions and how to apply force in the movements and shit, but whatever. Also the gym is small.

But it is less than 10eur/month and I already paid a whole year so whatever. Next time I'll go in the morning and tell whoever is there I know my stuff and need no help.
>>
>>24061247
Fuck running then. I just want to do something simple, preferably an actual sport, to get a healthy, fit but not /fit/ body.

I refuse to believe all normal people frequent the gym.
>>
>>24058455

Guns work with that too, just point a gun at your qt and tell her to carry your stuff for you.
>>
>>24060908
What's wrong with hacking? It's fun and will probably be the last job to be automated.
>>
>>24061499
But I'm the QT and I'm not capable of carrying it in one trip. It's 40+ minutes each way and the sun is setting in an hour.
>>
File: 1446743757544.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1446743757544.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>24061506
>It's fun
>being this autistic
>>
Because my roomates can't handle my bulking shits/farts.
>>
How many robots do knitting?
>>
>>24061541
I am autistic. Professionally diagnosed. I get neetbux. My bf still doesn't know. He just assumes my dad has been giving me money since being laid off from my IT jorb. Should I tell him?
>>
>>24061554
I know a guy who crochets. He is on the Asperger's Spectrum.
>>
>>24061534

Not sure if I can keep my finger from dropping on the trigger for much longer since I don't lift, you better hurry.
>>
>>24057208
laziness

frank yang videos make me want to though
>>
>>24061437
There is literally nothing wrong with running. You're not going to be super skinny from running a few miles three times a week. Alternate between lifting days and cardio days to get a balance.
>>
File: 1446757468354.png (270 KB, 1379x2031) Image search: [Google]
1446757468354.png
270 KB, 1379x2031
>tfw will never have chem lab in home and make legal stuff for money
>>
>>24061534
Once again, how long are you backpacking for that you idiots need 60 pounds of gear?
>>
>>24061636

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45lB-fyB87Y
>>
>>24058173
Faggot twinks need to die
>>
>>24061645
Two nights, but he wanted to bring firewood and a fucking cantaloupe.
>>
>>24060868
>progress is slow and if you miss a month (for example because you're sick or moving cities), you lose like 2 months worth of progress.

Yeah now unless you have kidney failure or some serious illness you won't lose 2 months worth of progress in 1 month idiot.
>>
>>24061667
Fucking hell. Just do car camping then.
>>
I don't have money
I'm terrified of people
Lose interest in everything withing a day

I've tried to do that 100 pushups thing 6 times now, I always lose interest
>>
>>24061658
Why do you say that? Are you envious?

>>24061697
He's in the national guard, so 60 pounds is nothing. And it may have been closer to 40. We'll pack more efficiently next time. It was my first time not car camping.
>>
>>24057208
I can't be bothered + shitty diet
>>
>>24061746
Not him but I wish I could have a tight, slim tummy like most twinks.
>>
>b..b...but muh lifting! I pick things up and put them down!
Fuck off, liftfag. Lifting it a great exercise, but assholes like you ruin it.

Sincerely,

- All the other people who do all sorts of different exercises to be well-rounded than just lifting
>>
No one to lift with. If I had a buddy who would suffer through this shit with me, I'd get back into it.

I don't lift without a spotter. I remember all to well the time I was spotting a guy back in high school who dislocated his shoulder mid-bench and the bar would've landed on his throat had I not caught it.
>>
>>24061823
That's why I hate going to /fit/. Any thread that doesn't involve lifting dies within 10 posts.
>>
>>24061833
>dislocated his shoulder mid-bench
What the fuck
Don't bench 40kg above your max
>>
>>24061833
>what are powercages?
The guy you were spotting is a fucking idiot.
>>
>>24061853
The hell of it is, it was only around 80% of his max or so. I still can't figure out how he managed that.

>>24061863
What ARE powercages? Are they like the safety bars they use for squatting?
>>
>>24057208
I decided to go to the gym about 8 years ago but wanted to learn all the theory to it first so I started researching the subject and now I dare say I know more about exercise and nutrition than the average professional athlete. All I need to do now is actually go to the gym... it's a shame I can't be bothered going cos I'd probably be good at it.
>>
>>24061850
If you care about being fit and healthy, /out/ is a better board. /fit/ is only about becoming a caricature of a little boy's idea of masculinity.
>>
>>24057411
>pull up bar that you can put in the doorway
hello failarmy
>>
>>24061896
Kek. Sounds like you'd fit right in on /fit/.

>>24061913
/fit/ is only about becoming a caricature of a little gay boy's idea of masculinity*
>>
>>24058300
>skinny skeleton here.
>I was hungry bois at 100lbs at roughly 6 ft.
I'm 150 right now, everytime i'm in the gym the local powerlifters give me that little nod.
It's like the approval my built father never gave me.
>>
>>24061999
Holy fuck dude. How could you have possibly been 100 pounds or are you exaggerating? Did you have health problems? Christian Bale weighed around 120 in The Machinist.
>>
It hurts.

I'm weak and have no real desire to become stronger, as I would be lifting right now if I did.
>>
>>24057208
because after you get fit you discover nothing actually changes and now you're a shredded autist
>>
>>24062177
I was literally ribs, I fasted on end and this was during the peak of my test as I bloomed pretty late.
>>
>>24057208
Don't want to give the gym my name and address

If I could walk in, pay the money, and be given a card with a date my membership runs out that I could just show them, I would.
>>
>>24061933
I actually post on /fit/ all the time, giving fitness advice in the hope that it'll inspire my to go do some exercise but it never does. Although to be fair to myself this one time I nearly entered the London Marathon after starting a thread on there about it but it turned out you need to go get a form from the post office and I couldn't be bothered walking all that way.
>>
I lift to forget my problems, it works surprisingly well.
>>
>>24061437
Hey senpai you wont get /fit/ just from doing some shitty dumbbell exercises for a week. Aiming for a huge or ripped look its actually a lot of work
>>
>>24062433
He doesn't want to be huge, just all around athletic looking. A mix of running and bodyweight exercises is perfect for that.
>>
i am beyond lifting.

was into /fit/ and lifting obsessively for 3 years, then i lost all motivation and now im fat and lazy.
>>
>>24062361
Why not? Why are you so secretive?
>>
>>24062461
but he is implying you cant do that on the gym
>>
>>24057332
Craigslist

So many fatties buy shit then sell it
>>
>>24062555
i dont live in blubberland
>>
>>24062501
Same here man. Beer and pizza is just too good.
>>
>>24057478
When do you plan on starting lifting?
>>
>>24062588
I find nutritious whole foods most satisfying. I'll tale a bowl of bulgur and lentils over a doughnut any day.
>>
>>24062642
the diet wasn't that much of an issue for me.
i just enjoy doing nothing.
>>
>>24062642
I'm not a sweets guy thankfully. Otherwise I'd probably be full on hambeast mode instead of just skinny fat.
>>
>>24062642
yeah after some time you start enjoying eat chicken breast/sweet potatoes/eggs everyday
>>
>>24062718
Enjoy you're are prostate cancer :^)
>>
>>24057208
I burn more calories than I take in and if I burned even more through lifting I'd turn into a real skeleton.

I do kind of lift I'm trying to get my vertical up by doing lunges and shit with dumbbells but progress is slow
>>
>>24057208
Because you can't escape DYEL mode in under 5 years if you're natty

What's the point, by then I'll be 30 and can't pull prime teen pussy

You can't be buff in college unless you've been lifting and playing sports since age 12
>>
>>24062991
All you really need to do is achieve ottermode if you just want pussy.
>>
I have a bench press with 100 pounds of weights and a shitty 5lb bar coming this wed
>>
>>24057208
that's boring
I tried, didn't like it. I'd rather play football (soccer) or just ride my bike.
>>
>>24063044
This desu senpai. Do straight guys not understand aesthetics at all?
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 607x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 607x960
>>24057208
>le lifting meme

Fuck off retard
>>
File: peepee.png (78 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
peepee.png
78 KB, 412x351
>start feeling good about self from the body weight stuff I've been doing at home
>go on /fit/ for 5 minutes
>feel like a lanky chubby piece of shit again

I've started to accept I'll never have the motivation or want to spend the money / time trying to get ripped, guess I'll go do more pushups
>>
>>24062587
>not living in europe
sad sad sad :^)
>>
>>24063218
that picture always gets me
Why did he do that? He was decent looking, now he just looks weird. Is that even real?
>>
>>24058885
>1 year to get results

Hahaha try 5 years. You can only gain like 5 lbs of muscle per year. It's slow as fuck if you're not roiding
>>
>>24063290
you can look like you lift after a year
>>
>>24061999
150 lbs is nothing you tiny piece of shit

Those powerlifters are laughing at you behind your back

You weigh less than most girls
>>
>>24063044
>deluded people believe this

Otter mode will get you chubby 6/10 chicks

Actually hot girls love tall buff guys

Who do you think they're fucking on tinder?
>>
>>24063253
You're comparing yourself to a high level and it's distorting your view on things. If there's anything that needs you to go slow and start small, it's LITERALLY fitness. You'll get there if you keep trying but if you accept failure then you never deserved it in the first place, did you?
>>
>>24063433
>Actually hot girls love tall buff guys
no if you retard they don't
they love attractive guys
it's a huge difference
>>
>>24063433
Kek. Whatever you say chubbo.
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 1000x992) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 1000x992
>>24063044
>be me
>be skeleton
>lift
>achieve ottermode after 3 years
>friend has a solid 15 lbs of muscle more than me
>he has super low bodyfat too
>my gf acts weird around him when his shirt's off

Fuck living
>>
>>24063387
>You weigh less than most girls
I wouldn't date a grill who weighs more than 150 desu senpai. I can be picky because I'm a fit bifag.
>>
>>24057332

>Find a good 24 hour gym
>Go between 11 pm and 3 am.

Friday's and Saturdays during those times are even emptier.
>>
>>24063445
I'm not even sure what I'd like my body to look like but, I'll keep going at it with what I do. Doing something's always better than nothing
>>
>>24063452
Two guys are 9/10 facially

One is ripped the other is skinny

Which one do you think girls will choose?
>>
>>24063471
I'm otter so I can tell you from experience that girls always want more

They're never satisfied

There's always a guy who's taller, buffer, and has better facial aesthetics
>>
>>24063514
the prettier one
>>
>>24063541
No shit but ottermode will still get you plenty of pussy.
>>
>>24063544
They're twins and have the same face

But one lifts and one doesn't

Stop making excuses and running from the truth
>>
>>24063565
Your scenario comes down to preference. Some girls prefer the lean swimmer look and others like more bulk.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 480x506) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 480x506
How's my back? 3 1/2 months of lifting
>>
>>24063514

The one with more money and social standing
>>
>>24063565
oh well you're just confirming that there's no point in lifting if you're ugly
>>
Can i start doing a strenght routine while being skinny-fat?, im eating arround 800 calories each day and using an app to track my calories and i feel like shit everyday but i also look like shit in the mirror.
>>
>>24063493
Gym is always empty all day on weekends, especially Sunday
>>
>>24063632
That only matters to women that are 25+ aka hitting the wall.
>>
File: image.jpg (244 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
244 KB, 1280x960
I do.

Still virgin, no friends, and live with my parents at 20.
>>
>>24059244
that was one hell of an ending
>>
>>24063654

Depends on the type of gym.

If it's more of a fitness/sports center, then it's always full of old boomers on the wekeends.
>>
>>24063658

Disagree. It's starts out in high school. Maybe times have changed over the last 10 years, but drug dealers and the star athletes never had any difficulty obtaining females.
>>
>>24057596
check your form. Video yourself, ask for a form check on /fit/ or leddit's /fitness/ board. Watch form videos online
get some chalk for your hands. It's helped my bench and deadlift loads.
If you're really plateued (which you shouldn't be after only two months) switch to a 10x10 program.
>>
>>24063695
>and live with my parents at 20
as if that means anything anymore, in this day and age. living with your parents is perfectly fine unless both your parents are on their death bed
>>
Someone please write out or link me to a plan so I can get great biceps, abs and shoulder muscles. I'm tired of being a hunched-over weakling with a bad back. Don't have a lotta money either.
>>
>>24063627
Pimply/10
>>
File: big-powerlifter-feb-2013.jpg (161 KB, 500x595) Image search: [Google]
big-powerlifter-feb-2013.jpg
161 KB, 500x595
>>24063387
>Those powerlifters are laughing at you behind your back
>powerlifters
Protip: Overwhelming amount of powerlifters tend to be fatfucks like pic related.
>>
>>24063759
That's a factor but if you have a good body and face, you can be poor and still be swimming in pussy all through college.
>>
>>24063769
DEAD LIFT
ALL DAY
ERRY DAY
>>
>>24063769
Curls
Deadlifts
Dips
Pull-ups
Push-ups
Leg raises
Squats
Squats
More squats
Bench-presses

There, I just wrote it out for you. Lrn2/google next time.
>>
>>24063817
And overwhelming majority of bodybuilders look like shit, what's your point small guy?
>>
>>24063817
not at all true. actually an overwhelming amount of people think powerlifters look like that.

have you ever been to a meet..? you do realize there are weightclasses right? jesus christ you're retarded.
>>
>>24063840

No doubt. I was arguing that if you were to take two identical twins - one is muscular but average socially and financially, and the other is skinny, but is popular and well off, girls would prefer the latter.
>>
If there are any robots in Stockholm interested in lifting, I would be happy to give some guidance or be your lifting buddy.
>>
>>24063953
That's probably generally true. Especially drug dealers because they have that bad boy appeal.
>>
File: 1445651824479.jpg (245 KB, 600x535) Image search: [Google]
1445651824479.jpg
245 KB, 600x535
i did it for a while

it's boring and tiring

and if you're using it as a means to attract women, it's bullshit

there's plenty of guys who are unfit yet get girls, because who the fuck knows why

you could be cut out of marble and still be alone if your personality and lifestyle is not conducive to forming relationships

the lack of muscle mass is the least of your problems

yes, you do come to enjoy it eventually, but only after weeks/months of painful work

if it's enjoyment you're looking for, just do something you already enjoy

it's less effort and instantly rewarding instead of weeks/months of pain

and if you stop for a long period of time, you have to climb that hill all over again to get the high back

fucking pointless

the only people who'll argue against this are sunk cost fallacy faggots who don't want to regret buying a gym membership
>>
Work antisocial hours full time and haven't fit my routine around it yet.

Also after I finally benched 100kg with good form my motivation went out the window.
>>
>>24064031
I'll tell you why it backfires or at least while it backfired for me. I got so into the discipline aspects that I ended up never going out and socializing. Everything revolved around my diet and workout schedule. I looked great but I was always home looking at myself in the mirror.
>>
>>24064051
You should try benching 112.5kg like me.
>>
>>24058885
>low fat so i have to lift for 1 year or more to get results.
If you eat enough you could gain 20 pounds of muscle in like 3-6 months, especially if you're starting out that weak.
>>
>>24064104
I should add that I was a shy beta to begin with. So I just went to classes, went to gym and went home. I'm sure plenty of girls were checking me out but I was too much of an autist to approach any of them.
>>
I don't care for gym muscles. I prefer doin' thangs muscles. My bf, who never touches weights, can lift me with ease.
>>
>>24064216
>>>/lgbt/

You fags need to gassed
>>
>>24064216
They're the same except your boyfriend is weaker and uglier. Thirty minutes lifting iron would kick his ass. It's always funny when guys think they strong because "hurr I lift a lot of stuff at work!" No. You don't know what heavy weights feel like. You've never touched 200kg. You're weak.
>>
>>24064258
>You've never touched 200kg
I touched your mum last night, that counts right?
>>
>>24063695
DYEL?

Faglord
>>
>>24064258
so much this familia.
>>
>>24063817

Lol i bet you wouldnt say that to his face.
>>
>>24064216
>doin' thangs muscles

kill yourself.
>>
>>24061186
I've been running consistently for the last six months(and making substantial stamina and speed gains). You'll basically look exactly the same, you'll just feel better and have more energy.
>>24061437
imo the best thing to do is run a few times a week for a few months to build stamina, then lift 3 times a week consistently for 3-6 months while eating A LOT. After those months you should have plenty of strength for general athletic and work purposes, so then you can just maintain yourself with regular cardio and at least semi-regular lifting from then on.
>>
>>24057208

Start new job soon.
Going to join a new gym closer to my new job.

While this means that I'm up stupidly early, I'm looking forward to getting back into lifting.
>>
>>24057208
I do lift, and I still don't have a gf.

5'8 shit race here.
>>
1. I don't know what I'm doing
2. I'm LITERALLY the weakest and skinniest person I know

I'll just get laughed at for barely being able to lift 10lb dumbbells and for not knowing what the FUCK I'm doing.
>>
>>24064653

Those are just manlet feels my friend.
I know them all too well.
>>
>>24064653
Lifting doesn't change the fact you're too boring to carry a conversation and never try to initiate anything with anyone. I know a shorter manlet who rents a bedroom in an upper level duplex, has no car, and rides the bus to his liquor store job. He has a qt azn gf.
>>
>>24064760
Also has no aspirations. Just stagnating there indefinitely. What's your excuse.
>>
>>24057563
>but don't fall for the heavy weight and low reps meme

>implying actual exercise science and physiology is a meme
>>
>>24058402
>implying I couldn't kick your ass even if you had a gun
>>
>>24058402
you think the reason people lift is to kill a man..?
holy shit you're delusional.

and even if thats true, real life is not fucking GTA where everyone is running around with an assault rifle.

you are so fucking retarded.
>>
>>24060908
how the fuck are either of those things memes?
>>
>>24062991
>I'll be 30 and can't pull prime teen pussy
who says you can't?
>>
>>24063218
>implying lifting is a meme

sounds like you're the one who needs to fuck off, m8
>>
>>24066296
If grill pussy is anything like boipucci, you can. Just having a house impresses someone that age.
>>
>>24064760
>shorter manlet
are there hierarchies of manlets now, just like how the fat-acceptance tumblrettes distinguish themselves as "small fats"?
>>
Too nervous to go to gym as a lanklet
>>
>>24066364
and how do I meet them?
>>
>>24066798
eye dee kay about grills, but I'd get my boipucci on grindr if I was interested in being a slut.
>>
>>24061437
thai/french boxing, you'll train cardio, strength and flexibility
>>
I fucking do. I just come onto /r9k/ every friday evening during my pre-pregames to kek at all u virgins
>>
>>24057504
Pushups, Clap Pushups, 1 handed, handstand
Chinups, dips, towell rows
Planks, ab roller
Sprints
>>
>>24057208
I do press ups and go for walks.
>>
>>24060890
That isn't the point. You would give up afterwards. But I find, it does help with focus.
>>
I hate all those vain people in the gym that lift and can't keep their eyes off of themselves in the mirror. "Are my muscles big enough yet for women to like me?" It's pathetic how at mercy they are to their own egos.
>>
File: 1438110588835.jpg (58 KB, 430x640) Image search: [Google]
1438110588835.jpg
58 KB, 430x640
>>24057208
I've been lifting consistently for the past 8 months. I'm starting to get burnt out to be honest family. Lifting makes me really hungry all the time so I always eat too much. This makes me fat and hides any progress I've made.

Problem is, I've never really stuck with anything in my life, so sticking with anything else on top of lifting, like a better diet and regular cardio, would get me burnt out even faster. I wish I could just stop being such a pussy and do it. FeelsBadMan.
>>
>want to go to gym
>no idea of how to do different lifts
>no idea how to use machines
>dont know the vocab
>dont know the unspoken rules
>dont know what to wear

I dont feel like i can ask fit because it seems too broad of a question, even in qtddtott
>>
>>24067904
>www.scoobysworkshop.com

just do his beginners workout
>>
>>24057208
>lift
>be on rest day
>have to do core work and a bit of forearm work
>>
why the fuck would i lift? there's literally no point to it and its shit
>>
>>24068724
Betas believe it will allow them to press X for gf.
>>
>>24068523
Natty gains are the worst form of degeneracy.
>>
File: 1444744332507.gif (978 KB, 245x234) Image search: [Google]
1444744332507.gif
978 KB, 245x234
>>24067904
>dont know how to learn
>>
>>24061271
>>24061365
I use machines all the time. I'm afraid of dropping a free weight and crushing my ribs or foot. And I stay away from that leg push machine too, ever since seeing that gif of the girl using it wrong and breaking her legs.
>>
>>24058402
That's why the navy seals are all skinnyfat manlets.
>>
In September I started lifting, I'm lifting 4 days a week now and noticing significant gains. I'm still ftw no gf but the confidence and self esteem boosts are totally worth it, and I feel great.

Don't let your dreams be dreams.
>>
>>24069968

most SF people don't look like Dutch from Predator
>>
File: 1446478653797.gif (81 KB, 182x249) Image search: [Google]
1446478653797.gif
81 KB, 182x249
>Ever doing squats
>Putting unneeded stress on your knees, lower back, or vertebrae
It is like you want to take a gamble in irreversibly fucking yourself up. All it takes is a slight misstep.
>>
>>24070762
>a single misstep
you sound like a retard
>putting unneeded stress on your knees, etc
you realize sometimes squatting is actually recommended by doctors to people who suffer problems in those areas
>>
i need to get fit for basic
i guess i need to eat more, my lifts arent too good and i run ~30 minutes every other day too
my posture is shit though and that might affect it
>>
>>24070873
Enjoy being able to lift your future twink bf. They love that.
>>
>>24070853
>you sound like a retard
How?
>you realize sometimes squatting is actually recommended by doctors to people who suffer problems in those areas
Possibly with no to low weights, nothing that would obviously stress out your joints or back which plenty of people do encounter when squatting. Hell I know of a friend that damaged his back from squatting and he was getting pretty damn big before from working out.
>>
i go to gym 5 out of 7 days per week

pull-ups, swimming, running, and farmer walks
>>
I live in a small flat and can't gym right now, is there any way to preform basic weight workouts like squats / clean and jerk/ whatever without a full barbell set.
>>
>>24070873
Im joinin up aswell you canadian?
>>
>>24071000
no americlap
>>
File: fit.jpg (138 KB, 912x960) Image search: [Google]
fit.jpg
138 KB, 912x960
somone explain this pls
>>
>>24070998
dumbbells work fine for people at a beginning or moderate level and they're easier and safer to use without a spotter.

lifting purists will try to tell you you HAVE to use a barbell but that's not really true unless you're an advanced lifter.
>>
>>24057332
do exercises that don't require weight at home (pushups, jumping jacks, jog outside, etc.) until you feel confident enough to go to the gym
>>
>>24057208
because I don't want to
>>
File: HdNS3Eu.jpg (383 KB, 672x2513) Image search: [Google]
HdNS3Eu.jpg
383 KB, 672x2513
>/fit/ taunting anyone
>>
page 10
>>
>>24074524
Nope! Sorry family I'm bumpin IT BACK THA FUCK UP

REAL NIGGA HOURS IF U UP U BETTAH SNASH THAT MUTHA FUKIN LIKE
>>
>>24072359
steroids cause your tits to grow due to the imbalance of testosterone and estrogen in your body. More estrogen is made in the body to keep up
>>
>>24057208
I use too, but it lost its purpose to me. I did it originally to feel good about myself and pick up women, but I soon came to realize that a loner personality can't be fixed with weights. Plus, even when I had women's attention before lifting I generally didn't care enough to do anything with them.
>>
>>24057554
what if your pushups start at 400+ pounds?
>>
>too poor to buy weights
>too poor to make shitty weights
>recently starting to hang out in /fit/
>still unmotivated
>don't know where to start
>>
>>24075946
bodyweight exercises
>>
I was going strong for like 4 months, then random depression comes out of nowhere and i haven't been back for like 3 weeks, and i don't wanna go back because the gym is so crowded and my anxiety kicks in.
>>
>>24063988
Bumping for this.
>>
I lift. SS m8
I have to eat more because my lifts are pathetic.
Though it won't cure autism and nothing will change.
>>
right now im 5'10 and maybe 300 pounds. in high school i used to life and play 3 different sports, was around 220 with some muscle. after graduating i became a complete neat and gained so much weight. i made a deal with my brother and im going to start lifting again Monday. I'm really excited to begin the progress and finally know how it feels to be a fat piece of shit.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.