[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it that people always unload their shit on me? I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 616x474) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 616x474
Why is it that people always unload their shit on me? I don't get it. Every time that I've been with someone, guy or girl, they always end up spilling all this heavy shit on me. Why me? What makes me the one to take all this shit?
>>
Stop unloading your shit onto me, faggot
>>
>>24056154
Do you mean they bully and belittle you?

Or do you mean they use you as someone to complain to?

If it's the latter it's probably because you come across as a good listener.
>>
>>24056154
they probably tell everyone not just you to be honest family
>>
>>24056192

It's the latter. But it's not just complaining. Some of its like serious shit. Girls talk about their shitty relationships and past ones. This one gi taked to me about his prenatal divorcing and using him to get back at the other. I've heard so much of it. Suicide, divorce, boyfriend, girlfriend, mom died, someone had cancer, depression.
I've heard it all
>>
>add somebody on steam
>they bother you with their personal problems
I just wanted to play video games you moaning michael
>>
>>24056236
I think the problem is that you don't come across as judgmental enough.
>>
>>24056154
Because they like and trust you. You seem like an understanding human being to others.
They're telling you things they'd never talk about with anyone because they feel open with you. People feel better when they vent.
I know it's hard to shoulder others' burdens, but remember that you're kind of an oasis to them. You didn't ask for this, but at least you're helping, if just by listening.
>>
>>24056154

If you mean that they use you as an emotional garbagebin where they take their toxic emotional problem/waste, it'S probably because you tend to listen. If you just interrupt them and say that you really can't help them, they'll most likely leave you alone. If their shitfriends and only needed your garbagebin-capacity, they most likely leave. If they are good ones they might get to grips that they abused you and will stop, maybe even appologize. Don't count on the latter part though, they most likely will think that YOU are the shit friend.

as a rule of thumb; when you're a good listener in the eyes of your friends you're allready lost. Time to find new friends and make sure they might confide in you sometimes but not allways. A beer with a buddy who just broke up with his ex is ok. An evening with your friend talking about how live is so utterly shit and whatnot (basically the shit you see on here) is not, unless it's a real friend that actually deserves treatment like that, but those are few and far between.
>>
>>24056289
oases get used up by filthy animals, drown them in your life giving fluids OP
>>
>>24056154
Because you don't come across as a judgmental person. It's actually an advantage as long as they're willing to listen to your heavy shit, fuck them if they don't
>>
>>24056154
Why are you unloading this shit on us? Don't unload this shit on us
>>
You have a gift. Therefore a responsability, though they might later even forfeit you as friend, the most important thing for you is to help them

That realization is greater than the friendship itself
>>
>>24056154
They trust you because you look like a soft faggot without other friends to talk to. They can probably tell you won't hurt anyone.

These qualities should not be desired.
>>
>>24056419
The edge here is off the charts, but he's right.
>>
>>24056154
I like when people unload heavy shit onto me. Perhaps because they know I don't talk to most of their friends and don't use social media, many people are comfortable sharing personal things with me that they wouldn't say in front of a group. I'm an unknown quantity with very diverse acquaintances and a good capacity for listening, because I genuinely find most stories interesting. I usually have good advice (even if I don't follow it) and I'm not afraid to call someone out if they're the one in the wrong. I loved the time my friend's girlfriend told me the story about her first love at the tender young age of 18, a bootleg DVD salesman in his 40s from Harlem. Her father came down with some cops to find her, but it turned out it was all legal.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.