[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are billions of people that believe in some fantasy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 11
File: mecca_hajj_the_kaba_02_600.jpg (73 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
mecca_hajj_the_kaba_02_600.jpg
73 KB, 600x450
>there are billions of people that believe in some fantasy god of some kind
>>
File: 1446500790966.png (401 KB, 500x708) Image search: [Google]
1446500790966.png
401 KB, 500x708
>people literally get trampled to death trying to please their not-even-gracious lord

lmao
>>
Tfw even your fucking psychologist tells you to be more "spiritual"
>>
>>24055626
>there are about 10 lashing out against others on an internet discussion board.
>>
>>24055674
That could just mean being more connected with yourself and your own personal growth. It doesn't have to relate to religion.
>>
>>24055674
that is when you stop going to your shitty ass psychologist
>>
They don't. They just blindly follow society to please their parents and not to stick out from others . That's human nature. Not that different from your local people who think suicide is selfish and life is a gift.
>>
>Cube becomes white when all the world is pure and Muslim
It's not possible to have a way to do that...
>>
File: 1446681717862.png (14 KB, 364x322) Image search: [Google]
1446681717862.png
14 KB, 364x322
>>24055674
>paying to get advice from a normie

You cannot make this shit up.
>>
>>24055862

What else am I supposed to do?

I don't go that often.
>>
>>24055910
Get a diagnosis + pills from a psychiatrist and actually fix your life.

Therapists are useless and expecting help from them is pathetic 2bh
>>
File: tips fedora.png (85 KB, 640x540) Image search: [Google]
tips fedora.png
85 KB, 640x540
>>24055626
>there are millions of people that do not
>>
>>24055984
>pills fix everything

Ha
>>
>>24055626
Goddamn minecraft players
>>
>>24055910
Stop being a dependent faggot and fix your own life.
>>
>>24056020
They fix things that talking can't even put a dent in.

>talking to a normie woman will fix my brain chemistry

TOP KEK
>>
>>24055760
>they don't

No, most people do actually believe it. Most are too stupid to think for themselves or admit that they're alone. It's the same reason people are so easy to enslave and send to war.

Religious elites throughout history probably haven't all believed in God though; they just used religion to control the masses. The problem now is that, because of democracy, many of the descendents of those masses have political power in important countries.
>>
>>24055984
>pills
faggot, I was somehow diagnosed as paranoid schizoid (even though I only have the usual social anxiety) and that asshole wanted to put me on risperidone. And when I said no he threatened with sending me to a mental hospital and he convinced my mom for it so I had to move out
>>
>>24056102
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/08/27/health/behavior-like-drugs-talk-therapy-can-change-brain-chemistry.html

>after 10 weeks, the changes were essentially the same between therapy and SSRIs.
>>
File: Aaa.png (790 KB, 916x343) Image search: [Google]
Aaa.png
790 KB, 916x343
>>24055626
Funny thing about islam is it's supposed to be a hardcore patriarchal religion but muslims kept their matriarchal paganistic rituals. They still throw stones to a penis shaped statue which represents Satan and they worship a stone shaped like a vagina. Pic related.
>>
File: nope-00029.jpg (77 KB, 453x435) Image search: [Google]
nope-00029.jpg
77 KB, 453x435
There are hundreds of millions, probably even over a billion people who blindly put their faith in pop science. I think that's a lot more harmful than believing in a sky wizard.
>>
File: 1446741617001.jpg (14 KB, 450x400) Image search: [Google]
1446741617001.jpg
14 KB, 450x400
>there are billions of women and not one will be your gf
>>
>>24056179
Your fault for acting like a sperg and not rehearsing an adequate explanation of your symptoms beforehand. Medication would have fixed your social anxiety, by the way.

>>24056194
>new york times
lel

Didn't really have depression in mind though, to be honest. That's going to be a difficult situation no matter what you try to treat it with.
>>
>>24055984
do i go to a psychologist first or straight to the psychiatrist? never been to either
>>
>>24056273
Risperidone would have made my manboobs grow, my faulty concentration faultier and cause me to sleep all day
You don't even know what risperidone is gaylord
>>
>>24056294
Never said anything about risperidone, perhaps you should learn to read.
>>
>>24056310
>Medication would have fixed your social anxiety, by the way.
Faggot
>>
>>24055626
You should learn about pantheism sire. God is real.
>>
File: 1385732737324.png (32 KB, 238x220) Image search: [Google]
1385732737324.png
32 KB, 238x220
>>24056179
Was he a member of the tribe?
>>
>>24056273
>SSRIs work for everyone and fix everything
>New York Times is not a credible media source
What even is this troll?
>>
>>24056321
There are other medications besides Risperadol, you know.

How does one this illiterate manage to use the internet? Do you have a helper read things for you?
>>
>>24056194
That's just for depression. Most depression is voluntary to a degree. People's brain chemistry changes because of their root mindset and choices.

A lot of more serious mental illnesses like schizophrenia do require medication.
>>
>>24056222
In what ways is pop science more harmful than religion?

>inb4 fedora/neckbeard memes
>>
>>24055984
Dude I got this therapist who's into jungian psychology (like the shit from persona 4) and he's been helping a lot. He doesn't give me advice yall need psychoanalysis not cbt
>>
>>24056355
>I was talking about risperidone
>you say medication would have helped me
>how dare I infer that he is talking about the same MEDICATION I was talking about
btw, that "faggot" wasn't for you, was for the poster 3 posts and a half above you. Oh you mean you thought I called you a faggot? Are you retarded, I never said that, how dare you infer that with so little context
>>
>>24056339
>Not knowing time magazine went bankrupt and have a private buyer buy the rights to the magazines and produce the news.
>>
>>24056386
I said "medication" would fix your social anxiety. Now, since Risperadol is not a medication that is typically used to treat social anxiety, someone thinking logically would automatically know I meant "medication" in the general sense and not Risperadol specifically.

You on the other hand got confused, and instead of asking for clarification, started lobbing insults and having a hissy fit.
>>
>>24056414
New York Times =/= Time Magazine
>>
>>24056467
But is is used for that. You lose, fag. Yes, I mean YOU, so maybe you'll understand that this time I am insulting you. I clarify because it seems YOU are too retarded to infer things and need everything spelled directly. By ME.
>>
>>24055626
robots need a martyr, we must praise the martyr. Use the martyr as a foundation. Have a thread that speaks of the martyrs greatness.
>>
>>24056576
>Treats schizophrenia and certain problems caused by bipolar disorder.
>May treat: Schizophrenia, Bipolar disorder, Dementia, Autism, Tourette syndrome

No social anxiety.

"Medication" means medication. The content of your post is not the content of my post. I was talking about medication in general before you responded to me, and continued to speak about medication in general afterwards.

You made a mistake and cannot accept responsibility. Now, maybe this is something a therapist could help with.
>>
File: 1433825022721.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1433825022721.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
It's because it's attached to ideology and culture. If you ask someone about the material existence of something outside of this universe, like a floating teapot or something, the response is almost always that you're being a pedantic fuck. But as soon as you attach meaning to said meaningless object, as in do you believe there exists something outside of the universe that cares about humans, or something that judges or values us, or something like this people jump to answer.

What it ultimately means is that many religious people are egoistic as fuck. Humans in some respect being fundamentally important is paramount to the success of any religion. Eastern religions are just as bad implying humans are out of balance with some kind of greater order. Animals are animals, and they may even be revered, but ritual is an exclusively human domain for religion.

Even in the traditions that greatly diminish human value things like asceticism comes into play. What specifically makes humans unique in that they must deny living like any other mammal on the planet, taking what's theirs, eating and drinking and fucking, enjoying carnal pleasures and striving to survive? Because humans are supposedly that fucking special and above it all apparently.

It's all self centered trash.
>>
>>24056675
Nice cherry picking. Now be a good boy google risperidone for social anxiety and bury all the results inside your scrotum, if we're lucky it will reach your brain and stop you from being such a stupid asshole
>>
>>24056735
see
>>24056467
>Risperadol is not a medication that is typically used to treat social anxiety
>typically

Looks like you can't read again. Risperadol is not "typically" used to treat social anxiety, and is far more common for the conditions I listed. Additionally, you said you were prescribed it after being diagnosed a paranoid schizoid. Not socially anxious. I'll take this as an admission of fault on your part.

Perhaps you are schizophrenic. Better see someone about that.
>>
>>24056377

Are you kidding me? What good does spreading bad information about science do? Look at that EmDrive nonsense. The press is acting like NASA has said "Yeah it works and we can do all of this cool stuff!" when in reality NASA doesn't know what the fuck is going on for sure and haven't even concluded their experiments.
Pop-science leads to bullshit pseudo-religious bullshit like "Quantum Reality" and it at the very worst is gives tons of bad information about very relevant issues like pretty much everything surrounding climate change. Remember how people wanted to shut down the LHC because they were afraid of it destroying the world?
The majority of people's idea of science comes from places like Yahoo, Buzz Feed, Tumblr and Discovery Channel. Are you telling me you're more comfortable with that than someone who believes in a sky wizard?
>>
>>24056878
But it IS USED for that. So when someone complains about Risperidone and some other person says "MEDICATION WOULD HAVE HELPED" then INFERRING THAT HES TALKING ABOUT RISPERIDONE IS PERFECTLY FINE BECAUSE THATS ONE OF ITS USES

I WIN
YOU LOSE
BECAUSE YOU RE STUPID
AND RISPERIDONE IT IS USED FOR SOCIAL ANXIETY
FUCK YOU
FUCK YOU
AND YOUR MOM
AND MY COMMENT
IS BEYON ORIGINAL
FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
>>
File: 1414679667882.jpg (282 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
1414679667882.jpg
282 KB, 531x471
>Dune Coons
>People
>>
>>24056919
"Typically". Learn what "typically" means.

>"MEDICATION WOULD HAVE HELPED" then INFERRING THAT HES TALKING ABOUT RISPERIDONE IS PERFECTLY FINE

Except it isn't. It's a massive, uninformed leap. A guess, at best. "Medication" does not mean "Risperadol". I did not say "that medication" I said "medication". YOU were talking about YOUR specific medication, I was talking about medication in general. If I meant Risperadone, I would have said it. If you were unsure of what I meant, you should have asked.

But you didn't ask. You didn't ask because you were already upset and wanted a quick "victory" with a snappy comeback. You don't want a discussion, you want a fight you can win. But you're wrong. You're wrong and you're angry because you know it.
>>
>>24057048
Nope, you lose because you just admitted that it is used for social anxiety. It doesn't matter if it's not "typically", the fact remains that It Is Used, so inferring that you are talking about risperidone when you respond to a post that talks about risperidone and say "medication wuld ave hlpd btw lol xD" that means I can safely read RISPERIDONE because that's the whole context and it fits perfectly. I wasn't complaining about other medication, now was I? WAS I!? Nope, I was complaining about risperidone and you responded to that.

Get. Burned. Admit that you lost already. This is getting embarrassing.
>>
>>24057126
Ok, you win. Sorry I was so pedantic.
>>
>>24057126
I never said it wasn't used, I said typically, and yes, it does matter. Primary uses are what people distinguish and classify objects by.

>that means I can safely read RISPERIDONE because that's the whole context and it fits perfectly
No it doesn't. You read "medication" not "Risperadol" and not "that medication", "medication". You would have to be desperate for some sort of "victory" to reach that far.

If you assumed, then you made a false and illogical assumption on no evidence.
If you were unsure, you should have asked. It's that simple.

> I wasn't complaining about other medication
And I wasn't talking about specific medications when you got triggered and interjected. Your post is not my post. The specific medications YOU were posting about do NOT change the meaning of the word "medication".

>Nope, I was complaining about risperidone and you responded to that.
I was talking about general medications and YOU responded to THAT. You replied to me, starting your mentally ill quest.

You can't change the definition of a word no matter how hard you "feel" your assumptions were correct.

Medication means medication.
>>
>>24057296
>medication can never mean any other thing that medication
>nope, not even types of medication
>what, you want me to name the medication that would fix your social anxiety? I can't do that, because if I were to name one then I'd admit that medication can mean other things besides medication
>oops
>>
>>24057378
In a discussion, "medication" means medication unless states otherwise. Just as "food" means food. if you are unsure, don't jump to conclusions, and simply ask for clarification.

>nope, not even types of medication
Specific types of medication are referred to by their names, or by determiners like "that". This is how words work. If you understood, it would probably make your life a lot easier.

>what, you want me to name the medication that would fix your social anxiety?
You never asked for this, I was never recommending specific medications to anyone, I was speaking about medication in a general sense.

>that medication can mean other things besides medication
Medication means medication. You cannot change this to suit your argument or cover up your misunderstanding.
>>
>>24056890
>The majority of people's idea of science comes from places like Yahoo, Buzz Feed, Tumblr and Discovery Channel. Are you telling me you're more comfortable with that than someone who believes in a sky wizard?

Honestly, yeah. At least those people are in a frame of mind where they can be reasoned with, and aren't afraid to accept new evidence that contradicts the old. I know there are some rational religious people, but overall religious people are more dangerous than someone reading about black holes on BuzzFeed.

And when you mentioned "pop-science" I was thinking more of people like Sagan, Dawkins, and Neil Degrasse Tyson.
>>
File: 1445821535246.png (23 KB, 800x721) Image search: [Google]
1445821535246.png
23 KB, 800x721
>>24056115
>people are too stupid to think for themselves
>listen to me, I KNOW the real(tm) truth!

When will people realize that ignorance and blind faith is a universal trait of all humans - regardless of faith?
>>
>>24055674
reminds me of the therapists at a Mormon run wilderness program I went to. since it wasn't an exclusively Mormon program, they couldn't directly push their religion, so they talked a lot about "spirituality" and a "higher power" and so on
>>
>>24057839
First you act like the people who are religious and the people who consume popsci have little or no overlap when the majority of every developed nation is religious. You don't even need to think very hard about that to see there's tons of overlap between the two.
You also seem to imply that you're not rational or scientific if you believe in religion, despite people like Newton and Maxwell having been deeply religious. Religion and science have co-existed for as long as they've been around so why is it suddenly an issue now?

>I know there are some rational religious people
If you can't form rational thoughts then you will never hold religious beliefs. Religion is basically the rationalization of unknown fundamental questions such as why we exist, why we are so intelligent, how everything came to be, etc. If you're going to claim that religion isn't born from rational thought because it's wrong then you have to invalidate all of science since science is built on the ability to falsify theories and models; Science NEEDS to be wrong to move forward.

>overall religious people are more dangerous than someone reading about black holes on BuzzFeed.
You act like they are luddites who hate anything science. Again, you're living in a very scientific world full of technology. All these religious poeple in first world nations are fully aware of science and what it says, yet there is hardly any controversy. The last time there was a serious clash between religious beliefs and scientific theory was when some southern states tried banning the teaching of evolution. Those sorts of things are not common, which is why they're such a big deal when they happen.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.