[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Talk about one thing about your life or life in general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10
File: 1446505209552.jpg (52 KB, 960x672) Image search: [Google]
1446505209552.jpg
52 KB, 960x672
ITT: Talk about one thing about your life or life in general that you like.
That's it! It can be a few words or a few paragraphs. However, there are some rules:

The following types of posts are banned
>nothing
fuck off
>self-loathing/sarcastic (i.e. im looking forward to my suicide)
that isn't what i want to hear

I'll start. I like competitive Pokemon battling. I've loved the series as a kid and it's fascinating how there's a complex and functional competitive scene to it.
Pic unrelated, I just like it.
>>
>Doodling
I love lettering. I was also a graffiti writer for about 5 years which some kind of purpose and distorted view of fame.
>>
>music
I have been obsessed with making/writing music since I was 9. Since then I have written 47 full songs and started my own band. Pretty soon we will be doing gigs in bars and I hope for the best
>>
>competitive Pokemon battling
>competitive Pokemon
>competitive

HA, GAAAAY
>>
I like pushing in the soft side of my pinky finger.

May not seem like much, but it makes me high or something.
>>
>>24052231
Wow, that's pretty spectacular Anon. Random gigs at local places are a great start for any band.

>>24052201
>was
What happened to that? Do you still do lettering now?

>>24052247
As in, the same side as your palm? Does nothing for me.

>>24052243
delete this post
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 500x376
>talking to people
I really enjoy talking to people and listening to what they say, I generally don't say much but it makes me feel better when someone consoles in me.
>>
>>24052267
Yeah, it's the side with the fingerprint. Pushing it in gives me an indescribable amount of pleasure.

It's been this way since I was a toddler. Becomes pretty addicting at times.
>>
Recently I've been completely shut in working on my latest album. I'm somewhat popular on YT/soundcloud for my music, haven't released anything in a while though. Hoping to make a breakthrough by doing nothing else but working on it, I've been getting more attention recently so I'd like to have something for my listeners soon. Could also use the money familia.
>>
>>24052282
That's pretty rare in people believe it or not, be proud of that. Everyone loves to talk but nobody wants to listen

>>24052302
Have.. any doctors commented on that? I've never heard of anything like that.

>>24052326
Just be sure not to drive yourself crazy with it; take breaks from working and make sure you're still eating and all that good stuff. Good luck!
>>
>>24052267
I didn't want to get arrested and charged as an adult and go to jail, plus my dad threatened to kick me out of the house so I ended up quitting graff at 19. I keep it all on paper now, it's kind of an addiction.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 680x383
>>24052343
Thanks anon that makes me feel better!
People tell me I am quiet but I don't mind, I have this complex that I feel good if they are happy.
>>
>>24052366
Fair enough. Are you doing anything with art right now?

>>24052399
That's just the way things should be!
>>
>>24052343
Never thought to ask a doctor about it.

It feels good and doesn't cause any problems, unless I press it too much/hard and it gets kind of sore.
>>
>tfw robots have creative and genuinely interesting hobbies but nobody will ever give a shit

Makes me sad. You guys are cool in my book.

While I really don't get enthused about much anymore, I still get giddy with amazement when it comes to fighter jets and other awesome planes. The engineering that goes into it is mindblowing, and it feels good to see humans push the limits further and further.
>>
>>24052427
Fighter jets are fucking sick man, the amount of work and engineering put in to one of those things is amazing.
>>
>>24052422
What does it feel like exactly?
>>
ITT: autistic faggots

LOL
>>
File: image.png (426 KB, 508x685) Image search: [Google]
image.png
426 KB, 508x685
>>24052518
Liking something doesn't make you autistic you dipshit.
>>
I really like having sex, it doesn't happen as much as I wanted to, but it feels great and knowing that I'm really good at it feels even better
>>
Stargazing and /out/ are the only things keeping me sane.
>>
File: sad-00027.jpg (134 KB, 1012x810) Image search: [Google]
sad-00027.jpg
134 KB, 1012x810
I live in a first world country.
>>
Man, this thread just reminds me I'm letting myself go to waste creatively.

I like games, I like watching basketball, I like going for walks and drives at night and shit, but I've got nothing going creatively.

It sounds stupid, but I'm not really sure how to go about "finding" a hobby. There's things that interest me, but finding something that's easy to do in downtime is hard when there's so much to chose from, things that I don't even know exist as a hobby.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 566x706) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 566x706
>>24052814
Just try loads of different things anon, it might be weird at first but if you stick to it and find something you love then you won't ever regret it!
>>
>>24052832
And then someone who knows more than you will mock you and try to make you quit.
I've had that happen with every single hobby. Every. Single. Hobby.
I'm not the anon you were replying to, but I felt it worth mentioning.
>>
>>24052832
That's the problem I've got though, thinking of actual hobbies.
Sure, I might have some ideas for general fields of hobbies, but thinking of specific activities that I'd like is the problem, if that makes sense. I don't know how people do that.
>>
I realized I love turn-based cRPGs when I was looking for new challenge to divorce me from MMO/multiplayer-only mentality (which was really holding me back), by setting the bar to Olympian-tier and starting Divinity: Original Sin. The whole "no handholding" got me buzzing since every game now, especially MMO, is just beeline from A to B with a highlighted line to guide you. Ended up playing it for about 50 hours getting my feet wet, decided to make a real party with a build plan level-by-level (ahhh, like the days of D2 endlessly rerolling characters for optimization due to minor fuck-ups), and just decimates hard mode. It was a lot of fun clue-hunting and puzzle-solving with no assistance or interference. Top shit. Then I moved on Wasteland 2, Pillars of Exile, and now back on board with Wasteland 2: Director's Cut.

cRPGs are fucking sweet and rekindled my interest in gaming. I love isometric camera for making the game actually feel gamey, as opposed to "muh immersion" fags.

Also I recently began collecting vinyl. My first order (which started the snowball) was at the beginning of September. Before I knew it, my Collection page on Discogs ranked my collection as currently being worth (median) ~$2500CAD, and I don't think that includes shipping (how mortifying...). All I need to do now is start getting bundles of LP wall-mounts (40=$295, with shipping) and I'm going to start decorating my lounge. It won't be done for a long time but damn it will be sweet.
>>
File: redeyes.png (29 KB, 398x394) Image search: [Google]
redeyes.png
29 KB, 398x394
Getting /fit/ and currently doing a course in logistics. Hopefully get a full time 40 hr a week job from it. Then with the money I'll get a car and finally my license. I'm gonna do it brahs, I'm gonna make it and nothing is going to stop me. I'm not gonna stop until I make it.
>>
>>24052399

sub detected
>>
>>24052168
Nothing.
>having interests
normie
>>
Cool /soc/ thread, brah
>>
>>24054420
>having all the free time in the world
>wasting every minute of it
Any reason why?
>>
File: 34526281631.jpg (158 KB, 1071x999) Image search: [Google]
34526281631.jpg
158 KB, 1071x999
>>24052168
>Demands thread content adhere to his rules lest his autism be triggered
>Favourite thing in life is pokemon due to its surprising level of "complexity"
Hi Sheldon
Hi Sheldon
>>
4chan,music,anime,studying useless shit
>>
>>24054485
Because nothing interests me
>>
I like rocks and minerals. I collect them from my area, identify them, and keep a log of what I have.

Saving up for a petrographic microscope so I can do thin sections some day.
>>
>>24052168
>Pokemon
>complex

You probably should have just posted about how you hate yourself and want to die, it's be more interesting desu
>>
>>24054524
omg um, there's so many creepy trainspotters in this thread. This place is gross tee hee
>>
>>24054510
Might as well just walk towards a ledge and don't stop even when you get there
>>
>>24054591
No, please don't tell me the normoes are fucking here

Get the fuck out with your rude bullshit
>>
File: 1424281268347.png (14 KB, 533x533) Image search: [Google]
1424281268347.png
14 KB, 533x533
>>24054633
GTFO ROBIE RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>24054591
why? he already said hes not interested in anything, that includes suicide
>>
File: 1407935712412.jpg (237 KB, 500x511) Image search: [Google]
1407935712412.jpg
237 KB, 500x511
>>24054633
>rude bullshit
Cry your way back to Tumblr you pathetic faggot. I didn't even genuinely think you were a faggot until now.

>pissbaby can't handle some light bantz because he doesn't know where he is because he's new
>tells someone else to leave
>yfw first taste of 4chan
>>
>>24054582
you should probably leave
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.