[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it so hard to make friends when you are older? >tfw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 316x202
Why is it so hard to make friends when you are older?

>tfw used to play hide and seek with loads of friends when i was 10
>tfw no friends at 20
>>
>>23345766
>hide and seek with lots of friends at 10
>no friends at 20
>lack of hide and seek at 20

You know what you must do, OP
>>
>>23345766
It really does get more difficult. But think of this: in another year, you can go to bars and make friends with people there. I can't guarantee the quality of those friends.
>>
File: JUST....jpg (76 KB, 321x348) Image search: [Google]
JUST....jpg
76 KB, 321x348
>>23345850
But when we hide, nobody is going to want to seek us ever.
>>
>>23345766
let's find some abandoned building or something and all robots meetup and play hide and seek
>>
>>23345873
>tfw no one finds you and you think you're the best at this game
>day passes
>>
File: 1444776725302.jpg (39 KB, 358x373) Image search: [Google]
1444776725302.jpg
39 KB, 358x373
Try it in your thirties
>>
>>23345766

I really don't know. I think there's just not the same community support for it. I mean, what kids did you play with at 10? Just whoever was around mostly, right? But nobody keeps that kind of openness into old age. You may feel lonely but you still look askance at strangers.

>>23346943

I'm not looking forward to this tbh, it's hard enough right now.
>>
>>23345766

try getting off the computer son
>>
>tfw 20
>still like playing hide and seek
>havent played it in like 10 years
>>
>>23346991
well yeah, but when you're kids you have a shit ton of downtime and (it used to be assumed) that you'd go out and play...

When you're in your 20-30s it's about having a job and making money and all the normal "having a life bullshit"

No one has the downtime to hang around and get to know the people around you...it's more like work, make money, spend money, work, make money, spend money, work, make money, spend mo----

okay I think you get the point
>>
>>23347030
try paintballing, it's like hide and seek...but with paintball guns
>>
>>23347041

I don't totally agree. We could all make time for hanging out if we just made the effort. Any jackass working an 8-5 M-F has every lunch hour, evening and weekend to hang out with others. But many people choose not to.

One of the big things, I think, is that there's just nowhere to go. Kids have schools to slam them together haphazardly, but what do you do as an adult? Wander around outside? You can't make friends randomly outside like that, the social barriers are impenetrable. So you basically have bars, clubs and hobbies to go for, and then whatever friends you have left over from school.
>>
>>23347140
>We could all make time for hanging out if we just made the effort.

A-fucking-men dude...a lot of people (myself included) don't know whether to wander around outside or go to somewhere new..

So I personally always hang out at the same bar/club/social setting because I (can admit) that I'm somewhat afraid to try new experiences because it's unbeknownst to me...

So fuck it, i'll go to the same bars, and maybe see the same people I've seen for weeks, an (maybe) try and start some sort of conversation, because you're right...

There's really no cut and dry way to socialize and meet new potential friends as an adult, and it sucks :/
>>
>>23347052
wouldnt that require some friends?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.