[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (6 KB, 256x197) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6 KB, 256x197
Whenever I have an argument with someone, should I just be the bigger person and just tell them what they want to hear so that the situation can be resolved? I usually hate conflicts but bc I do everyone just treats me like a bitch
>>
No you prove your point and stop being a pushover and if they don't like it. They can fuck off.

/thread
>>
There are no hard & fast rules when it comes to people
Sometimes being the bigger person means backing off & getting perspective, sometimes it means standing up to someone & showing them how little they are
>>
>>23343181
To the man with a hammer...
>>
>>23343213
When it comes down to it, phrases like "be the bigger person" are useless metaphors in the same vein as motivational slogans and the like.

The solution of the man who is, in fact, the bigger person, is usually to chokeslam his opponent through a plywood table: this is the wisdom of pay-per-view wrestling.

>>23343143
OP, achieving "moral victories" by backing down won't make people like you more, they'll just think you're weak, in addition to being a bitch.

Assert your points in arguments as best you can, and when a person is hell-bent on doggedly sticking to their guns, despite you knowing them to be wrong, simply make peace with the fact that you will never agree, and be comfortable with that.

If the situation isn't one where differing opinions can coexist, for instance, what to do in an emergency, or how to construct some apparatus correctly, simply use brute force, it's the only method dumb animals understand.
>>
>>23343654
I like that, I'm really not much of a fighter tho, but I agree with what your saying, thanks bro
>>
>>23343654
I'm OP btw, just refreshed browser
>>
>>23343654
What I want isn't really for people to like me more per se, just I would rather there be no conflict. It just makes my life more hectic for no reason. I see no need for conflict or I usually just try my best to avoid them
>>
>>23343931
The only way to live a lie free of conflict is to avoid people entirely and live in a cave.

You must become accustomed to, and adept at actively engaging in conflict, if you are to live a satisfying and successful life as a meat creature.

People will attempt to begin conflict with you as nothing more than a show of dominance: you've probably been scarred by this in the past.

My advice is, either learn the joy of overcoming your enemy, or else so totally reject conventional notions of success and prosperity, that you will never have to compete with another person for anything - money, space, other people's time, affection and esteem, ever again.

The world is not a kind place, particularly not to those who cannot defend themselves.
>>
Why does everything require so much effort? Why can't I just go to sleep and not wake up?
>>
>>23343143
>Whenever I have an argument with someone, should I just be the bigger person and just tell them what they want to hear so that the situation can be resolved?
If you're right you're right, if they're right they're right. Arguments are supposed to be productive, if not they're just fights. You don't do anyone any favors by agreeing with them when they're wrong.
>>
>>23344109
^ I just want to go into a coma
>>
>>23344109
Because the social and cultural machineries in place around you were made to accomodate a different sort of creature.

You are a fish being kept in a dog kennel.

Revolt.
>>
>>23344075
This robot speaks the truth. Confidence is such a huge part of integrating into normie society, and true, 100% self confidence will pretty much guarantee you success at any people-related activities as long as you're not a fucking autist. Knowing how to fight - both physically and verbally - is really important. You CANNOT back down (unless it's just some trivial shit). Don't be an asshole, but don't ever let someone else feel like they've won unless it's in a workplace or some shit where conflict isn't encouraged. This is also true of fights - even if you're getting the shit beaten out of you, just keep trying to get back up and continue attacking. People will respect your hardness, if not your actual skill.

DON'T do this in the street tho, or to criminals/people with knives/guns. You will get your ass killed/seriously injured. Temper aggression with common sense.
>>
Raise your voice and be like '"you wanta go bro''
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.