[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is suicide an act of strength or weakness?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1442368035988.jpg (172 KB, 608x1070) Image search: [Google]
1442368035988.jpg
172 KB, 608x1070
Is suicide an act of strength or weakness?
>>
>>23335517
pretty weak fam tbh
>>
>>23335517
Weakness.

Easy, permanent way out of a temporary problem you're too scared to handle.
>>
>>23335517
the only way suicide can be noble is if your a pedo and know your going to molest kids
>>
It isn't either. Both of those things are just meaningless labels. Forget them OP.
>>
Neither. It's just something you do.
>>
>>23335517
I always find it stupid when people say it's "the easy way out", dude, it's not easy going against the natural instinct of self preservation
>>
>>23335700

retard.

it takes great strength and courage to end your own life.
>>
puny weakling.
I lived worse life than the average and I didn't committed suicide.
those who do are weakling and attention whores.
>>
>>23336332
>great strength
>courage

>giving up

ok man, whatever
>>
>>23335517
Neither. It's just an action. Die today, die eighty or so years from now. In the grand scheme of things they might as well be the same amount of time. Do as you will.
>>
File: 1422020476902.jpg (37 KB, 419x500) Image search: [Google]
1422020476902.jpg
37 KB, 419x500
Neither it's just a response to stimulus that humans label subjectively. Ultimately it means as little as anything else.
>>
File: 12354362456.jpg (65 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
12354362456.jpg
65 KB, 600x450
>>23335517
>>23335517
Suicide is an act of defiance against a society who claims to strengthen its members, allowing them freedoms they couldn't get otherwise, but in the end reveals itself to be nothing but a control system bent on its own self preservation by destroying the freedoms of its members.

just like it happens with corporations, they are mindless machines who seek profit and no amount of moral arguments will make them change their minds, societies are mindless monsters bent on perpetuating themselves forever.

individuals are so chained down that they don't even get to decide on their own existence. the obligation to live is implanted on people since birth, everyone is forced to keep on going even after the individual gets so torn he becomes a danger to others.

and when he does, then they cage him and parade him around as a warning to others who refuse no only to conform, but to endure the pain in silence.
dont get me wrong, suicide out of an altered state of mind is a real problem, and people should get the attention they need to get themselves back in control. but when they do, if they still want to die, then fuck everyone else's selfish desires. if a human has the right to live just by being born, then a human also has the right to die.

suicide is a matter of freedom, a man cant ever be truly free so long as he lives under the constant social pressure to live, regardless of the consequences.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.