[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>act like life has any meaning >act like social norms have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (42 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
42 KB, 1280x720
>act like life has any meaning
>act like social norms have any kind of importance for you as an individual

Instead of wallowing in self-pity, you guys could just say 'fuck it', and start doing things for yourselves. Learn, work-out, any productive activity that brings you any sort of feeling of achievement. People find you ugly? Tough luck. You act like a beta cuck? Cruel. These are just fucking excuses.

Afterwards, people might appreciate you for what you do, and when a person talks to you, they'll have more to talk than fucking video-games&whatnot.

Remember, robots - pohuism is the way. Maybe this way you'll make friends afterall.
>>
this fucking movie magic 'just do something cuhrazy bro, life's a journey!!!" shit is nauseatingly gay

fuck off faggot
>>
>Learn, work-out
Why? theres no meaning after all, sorry but i would rather be a manchild forever
>>
>>>23324851
Because being manchild apparently does not make you too satisfied. At least doing something will make you forget about your condition
>>23324614
It's not movie magic. Why should you find a purpose? ;) Propose something better you lil fag.
>>
>>23324614
this.
end of thread.
>>
>>23324532
>start doing things for yourselves. Learn,
Been doing that since middle school m80. Once you learn how to enjoy the company of yourself life becomes much simpler.
>>
>>23324532
But I am. It's my parents who think I need a job, friends and a girlfriend
>>
>>23324532
>Learn, work-out, any productive activity that brings you any sort of feeling of achievement
what do you do if you don't feel that? Is this a normie thing or something, I've never felt pride when I accomplished some self-improvement task
>>
>>23325420
I agree. Doing something makes you forget about how you feel. Learning works for me. I feel down? I start learning something interesting. Plus, if you enjoy the company of yourself, you're on your way to autocracy.
>>
>>23325528
Then you can do them to forget about youself. I don't feel good about making myself better (I already know that I'm a shit person). For me, playing games is sort-of limited, you can try other things too.

If you want a long-term advice, I recommend the writings of Nietzsche and M. Foucault. Start with the early, depressing work of Nietzsche, when he was a robot too. He then found a sort of solution (the will to power) - he never applied it to himself, but I did. It's not perfect, and I suppose it varies from person to person. Nietzsche usually has this effect on me - I always feel understood, and I get a sort of motivation.
>>
>>23325699
I never got the whole will-to-power thing. I don't want power. I don't want to command others, I hate being in leadership positions. I don't get innate satisfaction from being the "best" person I'm able to be, for some value of best. (physical prowess for the /fit/ crowd, or intelligence, or whatever)

Now I freely admit that I'm only vaguely familiar with Nietzsche, and that talking to his devotees on a Laotian bicycling forum isn't the best education on the matter. But whenever I've done so, the thing that they've never given me a satisfying answer for is what if you don't feel the desire for the things Nietzsche says should be your goals?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.