[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone ever just said fuck it and left their home behind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: superthumb.jpg (52 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
superthumb.jpg
52 KB, 300x250
Has anyone ever just said fuck it and left their home behind with not a lot of money

Fuck I hate my parents
>>
File: 1422818069418.jpg (174 KB, 1533x961) Image search: [Google]
1422818069418.jpg
174 KB, 1533x961
>>23308921
no, because this results in being homeless, starved, or hating life more than you already do.
>>
>>23308921
Pretty much every homeless person I met.

I've bought a lot of homeless people lunch, and I often ask them to tell me their story if I'm not busy and have to get somewhere right away. The most common thread is leaving home young without being able to make a living. It's basically impossible to pull yourself out of crushing poverty like that (always one paycheck from complete disaster) - especially if you're below average intelligence in the first place.

That's why I get really bothered when my mother threatens to kick me out. I'd be doomed to living with random roommates or being homeless probably for the rest of my life.
>>
>>23309196
>I'd be doomed to living with random roommates or being homeless probably for the rest of my life.
But then you'd get to live the hobo life and stab folks with your hobo knife
>>
>>23309196
How can you compare living with roommates to being homeless
>>
Yeah, when I was 17 I started saving up money from my job at Walmart.
Two days after I graduated, I bought a plane ticket and flew to another state and transferred my Walmart job.
When I got there, I found an apartment for $500 a month, and I kept working until I could buy a car, a new wardrobe, and a computer.
It's been two years, and now I go to college while living off student loans and grants, since I have no family support.

I would say it's worth it. I'm a completely different person now, but moving to a new place does isolate you and make you lonely.
Haven't talked to family in two years. They probably think I'm a loser, but I'll visit them after I graduate from college.
>>
Unless they are really abusive, if it's even TOLERABLE, stay with your parents, but use your dislike of them to fuel your motivation to work hard and get the fuck out.

Don't do something rash. Use your daily hatred of your parents to make you work your ass off for six months so you can afford your own place. Once you get out, you'll be on a firm footing, and you'll never have to look back.
>>
>>23308921

nah I'm quite the opposite. The only reason I'm still alive is my mom. It's why I'm pursuing a live of a corporate slave so I can make her happy and think one of her sons was a "success" at least. God forbid if she dies, I'm just going to kill myself.
>>
>>23308921
Me. When I was 13, something happened, cant remember but I was like fuck it. Just upped and left. Went to my school playground, it was nighttime, sat on the swing for about 30minutes and then said fuck it and I went back home and played gameboy
>>
>>23310940
This tbh fam
It's much more difficult than riding it out, but hard work is its own reward
>>
File: tfw4.png (17 KB, 509x619) Image search: [Google]
tfw4.png
17 KB, 509x619
I'm pretty much in that boat OP

I've saved up some money from my shitty job but have been NEET for some time now. My parents are making some not so subtle hints that I have to either get another job or go to college

I hate being a wageslave and I hate being around normals. It's going to come down to me being homeless soon. I can't stand living but I don't want to kill myself
>>
>>23311395
This

I'm dropping out of college and I'm going to try some entrepreneur shit with the money I have saved up from my summer job. Hopefully I'll be able to move out of my parents within the year.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.