[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good music to put on while reading manga? Btw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 12806514.jpg (393 KB, 650x908) Image search: [Google]
12806514.jpg
393 KB, 650x908
What's a good music to put on while reading manga?

Btw I'm reading Vagabond
>>
>>23282104
Evanescence and Crywank
>>
>>23282104
Nujabes
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKw0nCl3tHk

This goes good with samurai stuff, listened to it while reading shigurui
>>
>>23282104
>I'm reading Vagabond
Read Musashi, you overpleb.
>>
File: images.jpg (33 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
33 KB, 384x384
This would be great, but I can't find a download link
>>
>>23282908
>vagabond
>pleb
shiggy diggy
>>
>>23283592
It's a manga adaption of a novel, obviously it's pleb.
Read the source material, you filthy secondary.
>>
>>23283619
the drawings are nice
>>
>>23283663
Prose > Drawings
I'll give you an example, from Atlas Shrugged:
>“She lay in bed, propped up on pillows of pale green linen. Her bed jacket was pale green satin, worn with the untouched perfection of a window model; its lustrous folds looked as if the crinkle of tissue paper still lingered among them. The light, shaded to a tone of apple blossoms, fell on a table that held a book, a glass of fruit juice, and toilet accessories of silver glittering like instruments in a surgeon’s case. Her arms had a tinge of porcelain. There was a touch of pale pink lipstick on her mouth.”

Do you think anyone could draw this and make it look as amazing as Ayn Rand makes it sound?
>>
>>23283770
>quoting atlas shrugged
I was gonna whip out a happy merchant pic but I don't even need to since Rand is utter shit
>>
>>23283951
Can you tell the difference between the prosaic part of a novel and the thematic part?
We are not talking about what philosophy Ayn Rand is pushing.
We talking about the words she uses and how she arranges them.

And the passage is beautiful and I doubt that this could be represented in visual media without losing much of the impact or it looking really, kinda dumb.
>>
>>23283991
Having two rivals stare each other down without a single word can be beautiful in its own right anon, Vagabond is one of the few patrician tier mangos
>>
>>23284589
Yoshikawa did it better.
Besides, Musashi doesn't stare down Koujiro, he mocks him relentlessly.
>>
Incubus.
>>
>>23284608
Not talking strictly between musashi and koujirou, there are plenty of silent moments the manga depicts perfectly
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.