[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Retailcuck general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 22
File: 1461014903202.png (455 KB, 600x505) Image search: [Google]
1461014903202.png
455 KB, 600x505
Tell stories about your experience in retail

Fastfoodfags and pizza delivery drivers welcome as well

>muh bootstraps guys! Just work hard! Accept what you are given in life! Muh confucious! If you're not successful it's because you're lazy!
>>
>bumping with a story

>be bagging the other day
>wrinkled middle aged cunt comes to cashier
>Had just come in from doing carts so I was tired
>She says, "oh you don't look very happy"
>Then says to cashier who also wasn't smiling "Oh, not happy to be working on 4th of july"
>Cashier is honest with her and tells her "not really haha"
>"Want me to tell the owner,I know him!" In a really sarcastic tone
>Looks at me and says "such a sour expression on your face" and points at me to smile

oy vey! You should be grateful to be working 4th of july with no holiday pay goyim!
>>
Quitting my job at Tim Hortons in 3 weeks

Feels good mang. The worst part about my job is that my coworkers are all normies and hate me for being an ugly robot.
>>
How do pizza delivery guys feel about regulars? Do you judge me?
>>
>>29788801
Why are normies so judgemental and why do they have such high rates of out-group bias?
>>
I've worked in pizza delivery and current work as a night shift gas station attendant. I have a whole fuckton of these stories
>>29788816
Nah, I like you. Regulars mean I don't have to learn a new route to drive and I can zone out on the drive there and enjoy the time. Also means I can accurately estimate my time out of shop. Bonus if you tip or a in some way fun to deliver to
>>
>>29788877
>fun to deliver to
Example?
>>
Why are all pizza delivery drivers now indians? I mean the ACLUCKCLUCKCLUCK caste system indians
>>
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 960x868) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 960x868
work at an ice cream shop by myself, it's a one person job

>take a break one day, place isn't very busy
>get some pizza and walk back, takes 10 minutes max
>suddenly an entire line of people furious at me
>"WHERE WERE YOU WE HAVE WAITED FOREVER"
>kids crying
>just wanted to go eat after not eating for 10 hours
>shitsfucked.jpg

why I hate being the only person on one shift, it's so fucking annoying
>>
>>29788925
One guy would only tip if I could tell him a good knock knock joke each time I delivered his pizza. I'd knock, and without fail he'd answer almost immediately "who's there." It all began when I said "holy shit" not expecting him to be there and he replied "holy shit who?"
>>
>eating at the reception desk for dog grooming salon
>glass windows customers know I'm in the middle of lunch
>walk in, am forced to leave my food to greet them
>ask me stupid questions about grooming and the spas we offer and even the pet hotel
>ask me to show them the hotel
>stay an entire 45 minutes
>don't even book an appointment or take the card just walk out
>go back to lunch
>food is cold

Just kill me I hate my fucking shitty understaffed workplace with its horrible management
>>
>be bagging
>bitch comes through with a bunch of these weird bottled drinks
>Obsessive compulsively asks that we put two in little paper bags
>start bagging and laying them down in her stretch bag on the cart like she said
>NO NO NO NOT LIKE THAT THEY'LL BREAK
>Lay them the other way
>when order gets done she says "Thanks" then mutters "even though I did all the work"

People with OCD should not be allowed to come to grocery stores. They cause nothing but problems. Bitter nasty cunts.
>>
File: battle pepe.png (180 KB, 456x393) Image search: [Google]
battle pepe.png
180 KB, 456x393
>>29788399
>be off the clock
>picking up a few things before leaving work
>"Excuse me, where can I fi-"
>'I'mofftheclock.'
>"..I just need to kn-"
>'I'm off work right now, ask someone else.'
>>
>work as a cashier at a gas station making $8.50/hr
>think my job is hard because of annoying customers and standing for 8 straight hours
>get a job doing flat roofing (think commercial buildings like apartments or grocery stores n shit) making $20/hour
>now I'm on my feet for 10-14 hours a day and have to deal with annoying inspectors

some days I day dream about going back to the gas station to get paid minimum wage to do fuck all all day
>>
>>29789146
I'm too much of a pussy to say that
>>
Having to work so closely with people like this is the worst for me, it's the opposite of what I ever wanted to do. Which is to not work so closely with people. But what else can I do?
>>
>>29788769
>>29789123
>bagging
I feel sorry for courtesy clerks. That's such a crock of shit, people being too special ed. to bag their own groceries.
>>
>>29789188
Occasionally when we have more lanes than baggers we'll get rich people who instead of bagging the groceries themselves will just let their groceries pile up and make the cashier do all of it.

People like this exist in America.
>>
File: Working 9-5.png (277 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
Working 9-5.png
277 KB, 720x400
Ahh, retail; customers/colleagues really show their colours.

>Be casual, but rarely work because life gets in the way
>Get holiday shift, super excited, get there and work my ass off
>Working in freezer section old guy comes up, looks like he had a stroke or incident to injure his eye, grumpy as hell, asks for burgers
>I point him to the burger section, rudely asks me to actually tell him a specific brand and asks me to get manager
>Managers are busy as fuck, so I just come back and say they're busy, he gets pissed and shames me by name at the front desk
>Manager comes down, does exactly the same thing I did and then he just says "ok"

>Working at the register, some woman talks about her current kids' sleepover
>She asks for cash out, I accidentally press 0 too much because screen's slow as shit
>She looks at payscreen, "$1000" not "$100"
>Completely starts to flip her shit, manager strides over
>I just delete it to fix it and we give each other death glares

>Work colleague starts to lose his shit big time with me behind my back
>I ask "but why" to work friend
>"You didn't put the cage of stock in the right place in the freezer"
>It was literally a meter to the right because it wouldn't fit, the autism levels off the charts

>Working in aisle freezer, couple comes up and gets uppity about how we're "finally doing our jobs". I only hear.
>Same fucks come back a week later, harass me in the egg/meat aisle and the male acts like a bitch """alpha""" and throws broken stock at my feet
>There was a hole made by what looked like a key on the front
>>
>>29789188
where I live the only people they get to bag groceries are special ed. Same with cart pushers

Basically just jobs for retards
>>
>>29789236
I don't understand the logic behind baggers. Like there's a specific person who helps the cashier bag a product after they've scanned it? Why doesn't the cashier just do it.
>>
>be me
>went to walgreens to buy some snacks
>put my shit on the counter guy begins scanning things
>he begins to explain to me he needs to scan both kinds of yogurt for inventory
>explain to him im an auditor and know more about inventory than he ever could
>he looks like he is about to cry
>nail in coffin, tell him he was wrong about his reasoning to begin with
>>
File: 1457210316569.jpg (22 KB, 251x231) Image search: [Google]
1457210316569.jpg
22 KB, 251x231
>>29789334
They must think I'm a retard then.

I was originally trained on cashier but they were short on baggers so they turned me into a bagger.
>>
>>29789335
see
>>29789334
Its a job for retards that the store gets a reimbursement/tax credit for hiring from the government.
>>
>>29789378
Honestly its not bad if you're getting the same pay for doing less.
>>
>>29789303
>im so useless i cant do the menial work of literally retarded people.
>look how much of an asshole everyone else is
Literally kill yourself you are good at nothing
>>
>pizza delivery driver
>deliver to some richfag neighborhood
>house is nice, prob cost at least 500k
>order is like $17, richfag hands me a twenty
>new bills, another 20 stuck to it, richfag has no idea
>could have pocketed it, but hand it back
>richfag glares at me like i was trying to steal it or something and snatches it out of my hand
>makes me give him his change
>slams door in my face
>no fucking tip
>not even a fucking thank you

Fucking asshole. Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with people? I daydreamed about burning his house down for two days.
>>
>>29789334
I liked doing carts because I didn't have to interact with customers and I could take a break damn near anytime I pleased so long as I kept the cart bay full.
>>
>>29789545
Well, I hope you learned your lesson: When someone gives you money, you fucking take it. And that's that.
>>
>>29789545
As a pizza delivery guy, if I was given a doubled note, it was mine. Once got $150 from 3 50s stuck together. He was a cunt too, so I didn't feel bad. Delivered to him 2 days later and he asked if there was any extra money from the other night
>"I'm sorry sir I wouldn't know, all money is tallied together and whatever excess there is goes to the drivers as tips
I grinned the whole sentence and he fucking knew. Serves him right
>>
>>29789545

All rich people that exist and ever will exist are selfish assholes who think they're gods gift to the world and are genuinely superior to everyone else. They think everyone is jealous of them and that everyone is always trying to take their precious money away.

This is why we need communism.
>>
>>29789545
I was a delivery driver too, the younger generally poorer customers are always the best tippers. If you can get a gig at a shop that's open until like 3 or 4am, and near a university or college, or in a generally "lower income" area, and offer to take the midnight shift, you'll be rolling in dough. Some nights I'd get like $100+ in tips, along with shots, beers, bong rips, one guy even offered me a line of coke which I refused because nobody wants to just do 1 line of coke and I didnt want to get in the habit of ripping lines during work and losing money at my job
>>
>>29789578
This. I worked in a grocery store for the summer while I was home from college and they put me on carts because I didn't give a fuck and wasn't a great cashier.

I'd sit and browse 4chins while the carts piled up, then pull them all in at once every hour. i'd chat with people on smoke breaks and sample every "artesian" water they had since they required me to bring water outside.

such a comfy job. though i don't miss it at all now that i'm a software engineer.
>>
>>29789603
We don't need self entitled pricks to not work because they can just get gibmedats for free from the government. The economy falls apart and then everyone ends up like people on /r9k/.
>>
>>29789334
So in America people doesn't bag their own groceries? Is this to speed up time between cuatomers the store can expedite or what?
>>
>>29789603
Well, I'm not jealous of their shit taste, but you're damn well right I'm trying to make them lose money.

It ain't even about the money ending up in my pocket, I just smile every time a rich fella's parted with his money for no gain, because they look so fucking mad about it. They genuinely get angrier than poor people who get screwed over.

It's just so damn funny. I wish I worked for the government.

...Wait a minute, I piss clean now. I *can* go work for the government. Oh god. Thank you, /r9k/, you've made my fucking day.
>>
>>29789703
Im canadian but no not really. Sometimes I'll help if I want to get out of there quicker, but its generally accepted that the cashier does it or the bagger if they're at the checkout line.

Most stores I go to have the cashier do it though, its just part of the job. You generally aren't gonna pay a guy $10.50/hr+ (minimum wage here) just to scan stuff (everyone pays with debit or credit card nowadays), like they have to actually do something. And most do it while they're scanning, they dont just pile the groceries up and do it after. They have little racks that hold a bunch of bags and hold them open so you can basically just put the stuff in without much extra effort.

The only exception is if you're bringing in your own bags/containers, in which case then its kind of implied its your responsibility. Some stores here charge for bags (apparently to reduce waste, but everyone knows its just to cut costs)
>>
>>29789810
A lot of the baggers at my store are combined jobs

Like I'm a bagger/backup cashier/Delivery driver

Another guy I work with is a bagger/janitorial staff but he's autistic.
>>
>>29789872
Ya I was gonna add that, I've seen that lots too (and know from experience from having worked at a grocery store when I was teenager), sometimes they overlap shifts during busy times or throw more people on a line if someone's newer, or its not moving quite quick enough. Or conversely if its not that busy they may shut down a till and have that guy just go to bagging groceries
>>
>>29789377
Actually, he wasn't - but seeing as this never happened in the first place...
>>
I worked at a Publix on a beach and the only customers were old rich assholes and tourists. Why don't rich people just hire actual people to go do shopping for them? Do they have nothing better to do than to go annoy people trying to make a living?
>>
>>29790075
He was retail cuck, he doesnt understand how inventory works. He said we scan ot so we know which sells better, but its actually more about stock on hand and a way to compare to make sure no goods get stolen/or end up missing. The what sells part is minor as the inventory is counted on a weekly basis.

Dumb black people lol.
>>
>Cashier at dollar tree
>Black lady comes up to end of register without going through line and asks question
>White family comes through line
>Tell blackie politely to wait just one moment
>Cash family out oh shit its some family friendz so I make friendly small talk
>After they are all set I say by and look again to my right at blacky who is obviously upset
>She says what you dont like serving my type of people
>Get called racist and yell at random lady who forces my boss to call corporate because aparently im racist for cashing out people qho go through thebline first
>>
>>29790900
Enjoy you're firing, Trump Supporter /pol/ stormfag
>>
>>29790900
what was her question? if it's something small like "where is the bathroom" or "what aisle can i find rice" then you should have taken the 2 seconds to answer her question.
>>
>>29788399
Is this what Shekelberg makes his employees agree to when he hires them?
>>
>>29788399
I don't appreciate these threads being politicised. By making statements like that in the OP you just invite debate which belongs on /pol/. I come here to feel, damnit.
>>
>>29791011

I quit that job and my boss was a vietnam veteran who was dishonorably discharged from morgue duty after he was caught eating a sandwich off a dead body so i highly doubt he cared in the first place. also that was years ago. and she came in from the rain and nicked her finger on her umbrella as she walked in she was like complaining and i was talking to her for like 30 seconds if her question was quick i could have answered it
>>
>I understand that being in "compliance" does not necessarily mean I'm out of danger

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>29791188
That compliance with health and safety standards doesn't mean you can expect to be healthy or safe at work I guess
>>
>work in petrol station
>working the overnight shift on my own
>suddenly, literally all the fucking pumps go down
>only supposed to leave the building in an emergency
>surely this is an emergency, right?
>go out, lock the door behind me, run over and close the entrance and exit gates so nobody can get in and fuck the pumps up
>go back in the building and try to reset the system from within
>nothing works
>decide fuck it, i'm not going outside again
>send a message to the manager due in at 6am to tell her what's happened, so she doesn't panic when she comes in to locked gates
>put out stock in the little store and clean shelves etc.
>figure i've done the best I could with limited resources
>6am manager comes in
>has an absolute fucking screaming fit at me because I left the building
>try to justify my decision
>she tells me I'm suspended

Never did go back for my "hearing". Decided to just collect bennies instead.
>>
File: 1422782532919.jpg (35 KB, 377x527) Image search: [Google]
1422782532919.jpg
35 KB, 377x527
>be captain of the parking lot - cart commander
>power goes out at store
>management tells me to line up carts infront of entrance inside cart bay
>all the customers begin to ree when they see me just standing there
>"Sorry, store manager says not to let in any more customers until back up generator kicks on or.."
>trail off and shrug
>see pepsi vendor coming
>"Shit, Anon, TOLD you to pay that bill, dude."
>MyNigga.webbum
>move carts out of way and let him through
>more reee from customers
>"Sorry, he's a vendor, I have to let him in."
>Shiteatinggrin.png
>customers try to go in through store exit but manager has employees there, too
>>
>>29789334
This is not true
They have baggers for helping put back perishables, keep the register clean, pick up baskets, help old people to their cars, help lines go faster because fucking customers don't bag, if your lane is empty you randomly bag to look like you're working and basically to clean random shit even spills.

Even my manager starts bagging when it's real busy.

The job isn't just bagging you're expected to do many other things even heavy lifting of requested or to fetch other manager or do price checks.

Cart pushers do not go to retards in my store. It goes to young male teens. They also take out the trash and move merchandise around.

But fuck customers who don't bag their own shit. Its mostly minorities. Stupid niggers and spics stand around watching you and talking with each other on the phone. Then scream when the price isn't what they thought it was.
>>
>>29791334
>mostly minorities. Stupid niggers and spics stand around watching you and talking with each other on the phone

No thats middle aged white people that do that stuff.

They think it's still the 50's and 60's

All of the black people here prefer to bag themselves honestly because they don't like to hang around.
>>
>>29790900
You're obviously doing it on purpose. People come up to me at the register all the time and ask where shit is and since I've memorized the entire store I tell them and continue multitasking
>>
> work with qts on occasional basis
> some are actually somewhat close to my league
> going to get a car soon
> find out they are mostly 16 or 17

Fuck.

Not that it would matter, I have 5/10 face, am skinny and 5'10", ugly jew nose, working at a job for high schoolers. Occasionally I actually feel a little leap of hope at the whole "lol maybe things are going well with a girl cause she smiled or laughed at smoething I said" bullshit but that's like being happy you made it two feet up the rock climbing wall. Maybe I should just go for it and end up in jail.
>>
>>29789545
I have a question for delivery drivers. When they charge for delivery where does that money go? I have my mother yell at me when I want to give the pizza guys tips.
>>
>>29789689
COMMUNISM ISN'T GUBMINT HANDOUTS

READ A BOOK NIGGA
>>
Just quit your shitty jobs if you hate them so much, you whiny fucks. Unskilled labor is not limited to standing behind a counter and getting pissy when customers talk to you.
>>
>>29791427
I'm not a delivery driver, but when you order from domino's site it says "Delivery fee does NOT go to the driver, please remember to tip your delivery guy"
>>
>>29791300
English people sound like such absolute cunts. Especially the middle aged ones.
>>
File: tumblr_n0i3wdQGim1s514nio8_500.jpg (55 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0i3wdQGim1s514nio8_500.jpg
55 KB, 500x500
>>29791465

>there are people this out of touch with reality
>>
>>29791517
I quit my retail job and got a cool job at a rehab center helping addicts within 2 weeks.
>>
>>29791427
the driver doesn't see a dime of it senpai
goes straight to the company to cover the "insurance" expense of having a driver out of the store and the lost wages of a slaves' time
>>
>>29788399
I'd like to set Mike Rowe on fire. The sheer gall of that faggot to be a millionaire TV star and tell people to be happy for their minimum wage jobs with no healthcare and blame them for not "working their butts off."

Does he even understand the first thing about power? Or was he just born rich and privileged and never had to be trapped in a situation he couldn't "work his butt off" out of?
>>
>>29791465
>just quit your job
Who pays for my groceries, then?
Are you just going to say
>get another job
?
Do you realize that can take months?
>>
File: 1467791315320.jpg (83 KB, 412x441) Image search: [Google]
1467791315320.jpg
83 KB, 412x441
>>29789146
I love doing that shit. What baffles me is that I work at kohls and they dont require a uniform but you gotta dress nice and shit but people can still tell you work there when youre in the store without your lanyard and name tag.
>>
>>29791025
No thats still rude. I work register too and I cant stand it whenver I'm ringing out a customer and they're asking me question while some other person comes up behind me or in front of me to interupt and ask a question. Either wait your turn or find someone else to answer your question.
>>
>>29791621

Mike Rowe was a fucking opera singer and theater fag. He never did hard work until he pretended to on TV. He's scum and a fraud. But what do you expect from a boomer, amirite?
>>
>>29791698
if you make someone with a quick question wait minutes for you to finish scanning items or pushing buttons on your register because you're too autistic to switch between tasks quickly, then you should be prepared for customers to get pissed off and talk to your manager
>>
>>29789596
This. That guy didn't get where he was being selfless. Fucking take it from him and enjoy the fact that he's probably mad as fuck that his superiority complex was shattered for that one moment.
>>
>>29791885
Its not because I can't multitask, its because I can't fucking stand people who interrupt. Its fucking common sense to not interrupt. Its so fucking rude because there a dozen more people on the sales floor not doing anything that could help them out with their problem.
>>
>>29789186
I'm a programmer and I barely have to interact with anyone.
>>
Target is fucking garbage. Never work there

Your only hope for advancement is at the once a year employee review, where every manager sits down for lunch and shits out a group review of all 100+ employees at once. If you havent done something like push 1000 redcards single handedly, youll be labeled as "satisfactory" and given a 10 cent raise. That was the day I stopped giving a single shit about trying at my job. I need to quit before I waste any more years of my life at this shit.
>>
>>29792076
i'm a programmer and i interact with people frequently. however they're mostly coworkers and i don't mind it.
>>
>>29791621
But anon, he worked his FUCKING butt off you FUCKING goddamn FUCKING shit-eating commie bastard. You're just jealous of determination, success and skill. Get a damn job you hippie.
>>
>>29788399
They stole the second point from any rand
>>
>>29789236
This is brilliant, I'm going to try it next time
>>
Why the fuck to employers act like they are doing you some huge fucking kindness by hiring you?

They need work done, and I am agreeing to do it for less than a living wage. You are taking advantage of my desperation. If anything you should be thanking me for selling my limited time on earth for minimum fucking wage.
>>
File: capitalism.png (338 KB, 613x453) Image search: [Google]
capitalism.png
338 KB, 613x453
>>29792701
Because we have people like Mike Rowe, Your local Gym Teacher, This guy in pic related in this instagram comment, and libertarians who piss their pants and have a heart attack every time people try to give workers more rights.
>>
>>29788399
>Go to discount store
>3 for 2 in juice
>Tell cashier its supposed to be 2 for 3
>Sheooks at me like I'm not supposed to know shit and tells me the machine handles that
>Machine didn't handle it
>Tell her she didn't apply the discount
>Calls manager
>Manager bullshits me about it not being juice
>Go home and remember the fucking sign was direclty under the juice
And I never treated a cashier nicely ever again
Now I check every item they scan and double check everything
>>
>>29788399
>>29789236
Get ready guys
>have retards bagging
>customers want to act like spoiled entitled cunt and even throw us their reusable bags
>now the retards here are really fucking nice and funny too
>alright wanna mess with me and my retard you gonna deal with the consequences
>white female cunt decides to tell us late that she has reusable bags
>have to take the groceries out of plastic and put them in her bags
>fuck this I'm not doing SHIT
>it was winter so retard is sneezing
>I try to hide my laughter as the retard rubs her nose and bags
>I just keep thinking thank God I bag my own shit
>white lady washing as it goes down
>her face went from content to utter disgust
>she's getting so fucking mad
>I don't bag a single item
>I keep pushing the produce to the retard to bag
>finally the customer grows enough balls to stop
>keep in mind these retards are like 50 years old
>I'm only 19 at the time
>she's talking to me as if the retard is my responsibility
>lolnope
>um she's wiping her dirty hands all over my bags
>I give a confused stare
>retard starts apologizing and wiping her nose more
>keeps bagging
>I can't hide it I start smiling
>can she stop doing that
>retard asks for a tissue I have none
>she's wiping it on her pants at this point and bagging
>customer finally steps in and starts bagging completely disgusted
>I give retard hand sanitizer I've been holding with a big smile and tell her it's okay great job
>after the woman who's probably late 20s early 30s finished paying she asks for compensation
>can I like get a refund
>for what
>well she was wiping her nose and touching my bags
>no
>can't you pay me somethi-
>no
>go to a manager or customer service have a nice day
>she storms out of the store
>manager and co-workers looking like Wtf is her problem

Bag your own shit okay :)
>>
>>29792827
It's not like the cunt didn't deserve it.

But really if those people had documented disabilities then someone should have been watching them.

I hate people
>>
>>29791334
Actually depending on the time some supermarkets and even McDonalds hires potato people, but they work like two hours in the morning when the store is dead
>>
>>29791315
KEK,
original oregano
>>
>>29791465
>Fire pizza guy
>Pizza place hires Ahmed
>Instructed to deliver pizza with ham
>Rings the bell, I open the door...
>Aluh Akbar
>Death to the infidel
>>
>>29788399
>muh hard humble work!
>muh over-40-hour weekdays!
>muh 'murican values!
>muh honor and humility!
>muh overly-stoic cuckoldry!

ugh. can't stand vocational humblebragging
>>
>>29792883
They don't need much suprervision of they're working with cashiers. I thought it was disgusting too and would have stopped it had the cunt not pissed me off.
I usually do get the retards to clean up if it's bad. But customers are probably just as disgusting since most don't even mind if they start coughing on their hands and continuing.

>>29792900
My supermarket hires them for anywhere from 5 to 8 hours. They are imperative when it's busy and we need lines moving or shit out back.

They aren't bad workers, and some are just a bit slow but mature while others are complete children. But they do their work properly for the most part.

To be quite honest EVERYONE knows if you can bag or put back items or snag the retards job you get to basically relax for money. All the HS kids or even adults try to get off. I do too. I once went to work and didn't go on the register until my shift was almost over. And my schedule said cashier on it.

I also leave my register all the time and find reasons to stay off of it. Once a woman while I was paying for her stuff asked me to get her another case of water. While I had a long line I left my register to go get it and said fuck it, because guarenteed everyone on the line will ask for the same service and help. That's why I hate rushers who take twice as long as the person they rushed.

Like if you're a customer just be nice, not even to speak or anything but don't have an attitude and be understanding. I give coupons and even extra coupons for nice customers. And if they have something small with no price tag I give it to them for free instead of calling someone to waste their time.

I once had a rude spic customer and I didn't even put the discount card in and forced her to go to customer service.
>>
>working mcdicks drive thru
>old couple pays for their food
>"hey i would like to pay for the car behind me"
>oh god why

It happened a few times and the "chain" never made it past the first car, old people like wasting their money. Wish I still worked there so I could just pocket the money, I did manage to steal alot of food/coupons and some cash my days there
>>
>>29788951
You couldn't lock the door or put a sign or something
>>
>>29792827
You and your retard are faggots
>>
I've told this story before but i'll tell it again

>be bagging one day
>couple brings in her own bags
>I'm on another lane doing another order while she's whining to the cashier about avocados and how fresh they are as if she's an expert on avacado freshness
>finish that lane so come to the lane with this cunt
>Start bagging groceries into her bags
>starts pressuring me to hurry up (keep in mind this was on 4th of July weekend)
>Some ground beef comes through and politely ask the woman if she would like her meat wrapped in plastic so that it wouldn't leak
>NO! she screams at the top of her lungs

You, aint gonna get in and out on the fourth of july weekend , cunt.
>>
>>29789146
>On break, buying stuff in the supermarket that i work in for lunch
>Have a hoodie on over my uniform so people don't bother me
>Some middle class bitch demands to know where her very specific brand of wine is despite the fact that I'm obviously not working right now
>Tell her I'm on break and she should ask the person like 5 metres down the aisle
>Fucking manager sees this, pulls me into his office and tells me I need to "own the customer"
>Mfw this faggot wants me to waste my only half hour off in an 8 hour shift helping these chuklefucks
>>
Would it be a bad idea to apply to a cafe cooking job when I've only been in retail/pharmacy for the last five years? I really want to get out of it but I feel like I've become job application poison for being trapped for so long.
>>
>>29793579
Yeah that's like going from being a CEO to being a garbageman
>>
>work as secretary for a woman that is 10 years older than me
>most of the time its not a terrible gig but there are moments of absolute terror and having to stay after for 2 hours to get shit ready for the next day
here is where the horror happened
>boss closed deal with this ultra proud all woman company
>they decide to get drinks after
>boss drags me along "as a reward for working hard" in other words she planed on getting smashed and i'd probably need to help her get home
>two hours into this excursion most of the women are pretty tanked and I find myself the target of tons of molestation as I'm the only man in this bar. this may sound nice but in reality most of this all woman company was near 40 and pretty nasty to look at
>after 50 plus minutes of sheer disgust and having my package grabbed sevearl times I decided to retreat to the booth my boss was in hoping this may scare off these woman.
>lucky for me my boss notices my level of horror as these savage middle age woman thirst for me and decided to put her arm around me to mark me as off the table.

That night still sends a shiver down my spin thinking about. My boss later told me too the entire reason she dragged me there was because I got a cute face and she knew she could talk the companys owner into future deals if she had eye candy with her.
>>
>>29788801
"Bullying stops after HS, everyone matures and you should just get over it anon!"
No and no.
>>
File: 1454910651525.png (2 MB, 1600x800) Image search: [Google]
1454910651525.png
2 MB, 1600x800
>>29792701
>Why the fuck to employers act like they are doing you some huge fucking kindness by hiring you?

Because businesses want to protect their bottom line and want to cut costs wherever they can. Most people who work minimum wage jobs are cunts and it's understandable that employers are jaded but ffs how about you reward or even just trust the people who are actually good workers instead of fucking them over too?
>>
>>29793795
is your boss at least decent looking?
>>
The other day some white dude came high as a kite but managed to pay for his cigarettes, on the contrary I rang up a nigger and the total was 1.07 and he gives me 1.05 and walks out, working at 7 eleven has you dealing with the lowest of the low on a daily basis
>>
>>29789000
Is it petsmart. Sounds like one. I work the and hate it
>>
>>29789123
That's probably not even OCD, just a bitchy cunt being a bitchy cunt.
>>
>work for ASDA
>get moved to the petrol station
>people are really fucking bad at getting their petrol on exact amounts (20 quid, 30 quid etc.)
>often ends up as 20.01 or whatever
>every fucking time, they complain about the penny as if it's my fucking fault
>the few that don't complain, I just let them off the penny

>one guy comes in
>"that's 20.02 please mate"
>"no, it's 20 quid"
>"nope, it's 20.02."
>"well, i think your pumps are poorly aligned, so i'm reporting you to the weights and measures authority"
>"sure mate, that's 20.02 please."
>he actually did report us
>the inspector literally rang us up and told us he thought the bloke was a nut job

>petrol station also sells a little bit of food/drink
>people think we're a massive supermarket
>shop floor is clearly no more than about 30ft square
>constantly being asked for obscure shit we obviously don't sell
>over 100 complaints against me because I just go "no, this is a petrol station" and walk off
>get away with every single one because autism
>>
File: 1399829504277s.jpg (6 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1399829504277s.jpg
6 KB, 250x241
>customers who complain about squished bread or grapes missing from a bag

Jesus christ.
>>
>customers that constantly pick an item that's not supposed to be there
>demants to pay the price writen on the shelf not the actual price for the item
>keep telling 'em that "you wouldn't pay 200 euro for a broom just because it's packed in the wrong shelve, would you?"

works for the most part but people are so autistic they seriously belive that they've got some sort of leverage
>>
>26
>work at a dockside "retaurant"
>90+ degrees outside every day
>restaurant is just a kitchen and a window, easily 100 degrees in there every day
>rarely get customers because the food is lousy
>basically just sit around behind the restaurant until the fishermen come in for the lunch rush and then go back to sitting behind the restaurant
Thank goodness for mp3 players.
>>
>Mopping floors
>Man comes up and asks if we sell some specific Oreos (the type that are half chocolate and half vanilla)
>We're in the cookie aisle so I scan the array of Oreos for a second
>"I don't think so, if we had them they would be here, with the other Oreos"
>Customer holds up a box of the chocolate/vanilla Oreos and starts literally waving it in my face
>"Oh, you're telling me you don't have them? You don't have them?"
>"I'm sorry about that sir, I didn't see them where they should be" (why was he asking if he already had them in his cart, and where did he get them?)
>"You should be"
>Apologize again and try to get away
>"I can't believe people like you are allowed to work"

>Worry he was a secret shopper and I'm going to get fired
>Never hear anything about it and realize he may have been mentally ill
>>
>>29788951
Put up a note: on break back in 10 min sorry. What are you? Autistic?
>>
>>29794938
Probably because he spent 20 minutes looking for them in the cookie aisle before giving up and walking away only to find them in a retarded place
>>
>Grocery cuck
>Walking back from break
>Some dude is sweeping an aisle as I walk by
>Black guy asks him about some sale on watermelons
>After he starts to walk away worker turns to me and says something about watermelon and fried chicken in a mocking black voice
>Uneasily nod and walk away because the guy probably heard him
>"JESUS DUDE YOU NEED TO LIGHTEN UP SOMETIMES, IT'S JUST A JOKE, GOD"
>I've literally never spoken to this coworker
>>
>>29795103
He can still go fuck himself thoroughly.
Customers come into stores pick items that were carefully and diligently placed on the shelf all night, organized with their pricetags and throw them anywhere they wish
They don't bother to put it back or they'll take it to registers and stick it in between shelves
Then they'll grab shit like cheese or frozen goods and misplace it so other people ask why is the price wrong
We don't have tons of personal slaves at the ready in the aisles.

So if they wonder why things are in the wrong places it's because customers out them there
>>
>>29790900
I worked at a dollar tree in a nice upper-class neighborhood one summer. My entire job was essentially selling Robitussin to high schoolers all day.
>>
>>29795237
Different guy, but I used to work at a corner store in a small town. It was 50% selling smokes to old people and 50% selling junk food to stoned teenagers. Pretty alright job.
>>
>>29795183
That guy needs to keep his powerlevel in check.
>>
>>29788399
You faggots do realize Mike Rowe was giving away $15,000 scholarships to students who signed the pledge, right? It might be cringy but at least he put his money where his mouth is.
>>
>>29795779
>oy vey! Here goyim!, sign away your righ... err I Mean SWEAT pledge!. If you do I'll give you $15,000!

It's literally like selling your soul to the devil
>>
File: 1464570481859.png (55 KB, 665x606) Image search: [Google]
1464570481859.png
55 KB, 665x606
>capitalists
I want my dividendies. Fucking poormies, REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29793795
No you know what a woman feels like.

Is it nice?
>>
>>29788399
>>29796480
Dumb question but what's the origin of this pig picture?
>>
>>29796481
A woman could have sued for sexual harassment and made off with a cool million.
>>
>>29788769
>no holiday pay on national holidays
So glad I quit king soopers. Fuck that place. Cheap coorporate motherfuckers
>>
>>29788951
Shouldve left a notice dumbass
>>
>>29794232
I didn't even know asda had manned petrol stations, do you have to authorise pumps?
>>
File: 1430581210014.png (120 KB, 647x533) Image search: [Google]
1430581210014.png
120 KB, 647x533
>>29796685
leftypol created it as a counter to the kike meme
>>
>work 10 hour shifts
>no break
>can't eat
being a manager at a restaurant is hell I want to die.

I'm hoping to god I get this job at this bank keep me in your prayers anon.
>>
>>29788951
I work at a donut shop by myself I've literally had nightmares of this situation
>>
>>29798060
>by myself
Are you one of those 24 hour donut shops?
You ever get weird customers?
Used to be a 24 hour donut shop by my old house until the gooks running it got tired of the bums buying 18 cents of donut holes and sleeping in the lobby.
>>
>>29796781
*a woman would have fucked them all and then sued*
>>
>>29795202
they are the ones paying money nd you are the one getting paid, stop complaining about having to work at work
>>
File: This is no longer dog fort.jpg (49 KB, 461x477) Image search: [Google]
This is no longer dog fort.jpg
49 KB, 461x477
>>29788399
My head Manager likes to play mental games, He'll be dead fucking serious one second and joking the next, he'll say something as a joke but he's staring you dead in the eyes with a face like death, and me being the autistic retard I am, I don't know when he's joking and when he's not, So I still don't know where I stand.
Can't just give it to me straight, we have to play these bullshit games and call it "Fun"
>>
>>29791334
>But fuck customers who don't bag their own shit. Its mostly minorities

i don't mind bagging people's shit. if they want to bag it themselves, fine. doesn't matter to me, as they usually get out of the store about as quick either way.

what gets my goat are people who just lay their basket on the counter and expect me to unpack their shit before/while i scan. i get being a lazy bastard, but i'm not your manservant.

as >>29791385 said, it's usually middleaged white women who do this shit.

>>29791315
kek

reminds me of a story the other day

>work cash a couple days ago
>the husband of one of the managers died
>the front store manager decided to close the store for an hour or so (at around 1PM, no less) so we could just think about it or whatever
>a few of the other coworkers were really close to this manager and her husband
>i wasn't, but was happy to get a little break from customers
>manager lined carts to block customers coming in
>put up a sign saying something like "due to a staff emergency, store will be closed until about 2PM, sorry for the inconvenience"
>customers would come up to the door, try to open the door, shrug, and leave

... it was more depressing than your story, but hey
>>
>>29789146
i fucking hate this

there was a streak last year where i would be asked if we had *insert product here* out back, or where could we find *insert product* in stores where i don't even work. 99% of the time, i was wearing my street clothes (hoodie, cargo shorts/jeans, tshirt).

if i knew where the product was, i'd help them. otherwise, i'd tell them to find someone who actually worked there. one time, this happened

>out shopping for groceries with mom
>looking at junk food
>some old bitch comes up and ask if i work there
>say no
>she asks if we have some sort of chip out back
>repeated that i don't work there
>"i'll get the manager!'
>"...ok?"
>i walk away
>>
>>29798844
What's wrong with just putting my basket on counter? I do this all the time and I just thought it would be the same as if all my stuff is on the counter. No troll or anything I really don't want to piss of the people at the grocery store.
>>
>work two jobs
>little Caesar's
>just get a second job at Publix
>they pay more, give me full eight hours, more days, and great benefits
>call out Saturday at Little Caesar's to work Publix shift
>manager says it's unprofessional
>tell her it's unprofessional to schedule me two days a week for only three hours, train me for only a day, send me home early when business is slow, and flat out tell me not to come to work
>managers cold with me today

Should I just fucking quit that shitty job?
>>
>>29788951
I wish that image said "Time to remove kebab" 2bfqsh
>>
>>29799107
to me, it's equivalent to you expecting me to take everything out of your cart, like you don't think it's worth the couple of seconds effort to take it out of the basket

i admit it isn't a huge deal, but i still find it annoying.
>>
>>29793795
just like in one of my h-mangas!
>>
>>29795779
What's stopping someone from just signing the pledge and then just not doing it?
>>
File: 1466147202317.jpg (98 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1466147202317.jpg
98 KB, 640x640
>>29798999

>worked at Walmart for over a year from 2005-06
>had to call in sick one day, for the first time in my 12+ months there
>get shitcanned the next day
>they didn't know I had a spare vest at my apartment
>after about another year, during which time almost the entirety of the store, including management, either quit or got fired, I begin my revenge
>friend is able to make a nametag for me that just reads "Bubba"
>make sporadic trips while wearing the vest and just roam the store
>rude to customers, give them false information, tell them I'll find what they're looking for and just wander off
>never set a pattern, never get caught
>eventually move to another state
>there are two supercenters in this town and another a short distance away in the next town
>continue antics
>occasionally lend vest to friends so they can have a go
>eventually move again, still engaging in my hobby
>finally stop once they ditch the vests

It was fun while it lasted.
>>
How do I become a wageslave? I've applied to jobs on indeed and they still haven't called back. Should I call to check on the status of my application
>>
>sat on a till with a conveyor belt
>conveyor belt is running
>customer puts their basket down on the middle of the belt
>somehow surprised by the fact that the belt moves their basket a few inches
>pick up the basket and put it back down in the middle again
>expecting something different to happen this time
>repeat X 5
all the fucking time
>>
>>29800000

I dont

know

what you I

we
>>
File: suicidalpepe.jpg (67 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
suicidalpepe.jpg
67 KB, 709x765
>>29791636
You can always kill yourself if you hate your life. Buy a cheap shotgun and blow your brains out. If you're not willing to do that, then yeah you're fucked.
>>
>>29800014
You have to basically harass them with calls and visits until they explicitly tell you no.
Retarded but that's how it is, most low-level places don't even read apps until they have a reason to
>>
>>29800091
Every fucking time
Then they tell at you to stop moving it
>>
>>29799755
Why did you get shitcanned?
>>
File: bemused baby.png (223 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
bemused baby.png
223 KB, 360x360
>>29799755
man, a coworker and i joke about doing similar things all the time.

i work at a Shoppers Drug Mart. there's basically one in every city, town, whatever. my coworker and i are good workers (never phone in sick, always show up when we're called in, generally wagecucks of the highest degree), so it's highly unlikely we'd get fired.

anyway, if i quit and get a better job in another city, i want to keep one of my Shoppers uniforms and wreck havoc on idiot customers
>>
>>29789146

>work at a grocery store
>go to the other grocery store across the street on my lunch break, in uniform
>customer at store I don't even work at starts asking me shit
>keep saying "I don't know" to every question
>she tells me she's going to report my rudeness to the manager
>say "alright, have fun."
>she storms off
>I'm in line at the register when her and a manager walk up
>manager looks confused
>before either of them can say anything I say "I don't work here."
>manager looks at the lady and says "yeah, he doesn't work here."
>I laugh
>manager laughs
>lady leaves the store in a huff

Good times.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 284x365) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 284x365
>working at dunkin donuts
>customer is a big black guy covered in tattoos with his bitch who happened to also be a cunt
>make her a fucking cumshot buttfuckachino that she's extremely particular about. no thank you and no tip
>"Bro i'm in the struggle man i gotta feed my kids man, i cant be blowin money on no donuts"
>Tell him no problem, give him 4 or 5 free donuts
>"You smoke weed, man?"
>Hesitantly say yes, because the only other coworker with me that night smokes weed too
>"Bro I got that fire"
>Realize that he's probably not legit, but fucking follow him anyway to the employee bathroom
>He knows i have $40 for weed in my wallet
>"Yo i'm from Brooklyn man I got two guns..."
>He reaches really fucking slowly to the back of his pants
>Say "I'm not in the mood for this stupid shit" and walk out
>No fucks given
I may be a dumbass, but I sure as hell ain't a pussy. I'm glad I got fired from that shithole, my new job is 100 times better and pays more.
>>
>>29793916
to add on to this, I just went in to work and found out my hours got cut down to two days this week because they hired someone else. I want to just quit
>>
>be barman at private club
>one staff member works at a time
>tell rude customers to fuck off if they're annoying
>steal as much red bull and ginger beer as I want
>get paid $16 an hour for it

feels good man
>>
>>29788399
I hate this Mike Rowe prick.
>oh my god menial labor is so great because I pretend to do it for five minutes to get a great shot
>great work guys you must be so fulfilled
>now I don't have to feel self-conscious about making millions and doing absolutely nothing
>>
>>29801296
>He didn't like watching Dirty Jobs
>>
my moms the typical middle aged white woman, but she doesnt make baggers bring her cart out to the cart every time. she only makes the autistic man do it and i dont know why but it makes me uncomfortable, both her and the man
>>
File: ness takes a drink.jpg (53 KB, 634x563) Image search: [Google]
ness takes a drink.jpg
53 KB, 634x563
>work as floorstaff/merchandiser/stockboy/whatever
>in the middle of answering questions from two or three customers
>working as fast as i can
>another customer asks me if we have Pepsi out back
>"one moment, sir. i have a couple of other customers asking me stuff."
>"what's the matter, boy? you're paid by the hour aren't you? take as long as you want!!"
>>
>>29788769
OP cannot bump his own thread alsdkfjasldfj
>>
>>29801296
>self conscious about making millions
Who the fuck would be self conscious about being an attractive millionaire? Are you fucking kidding me? On top of that he provides tons of people with entertainment. What have you done?
>doing absolutely nothing
Are you implying it's not difficult to do that shit on national television, all while acting and reading from a script and keeping your cool?
>>
>>29791461
Nigger I know what communism is. I don't want to work hard for my money to be taken and "redistributed" to someone who sits on their couch all day doing nothing.
>>
>>29801913
Yes he can, newfag.
>>
File: 096.png (157 KB, 200x203) Image search: [Google]
096.png
157 KB, 200x203
>girl coworker with nice ass
>look at it all the time
>she catches me looking
>smile weakly
>we share awkward eye contact
>say hi very weirdly one another
>she's cool with everyone but me
>bends over all the time

I just want to work in peace. I don't need this distraction.
Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.