[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dankest of Dark Rooms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qst/ - Quests

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 11
File: Start.png (13 KB, 753x659) Image search: [Google]
Start.png
13 KB, 753x659
You awake, strapped to an old chair in a dark room. A single, dim light flickers in front of your feet. Eerie, dripping noises can be heard around you.
>>
>>70890
Look around the room
>>
File: lookleft.png (24 KB, 753x659) Image search: [Google]
lookleft.png
24 KB, 753x659
To your left, there are the following:
>Slightly used torture tools
>Drainpipe in the side of the wall
>Boarded up window
>Trapdoor
>>
>>70967
can we move quietly?
>>
Rolled 52 (1d100)

>>70890
Break those chains. You're JOHN HENRY. The man with two hammers.
>>
>>70967
Try to break the strap with brute strength. If it fails, try reaching the tray of torture tools so you can get the knife.

Also, are those our teeth? Feel around our mouth with our tongue.
>>
>>71004
We are currently strapped to the chair. At least until
>>71023
we realized we are JOHN HENRY. Sadly our hammers are elsewhere.

Since it was a 52 out of 100, only one of our straps breaks loose.

You are now one hand closer to freedom.
>>
>>71047
You tongue around your mouth.
You are indeed missing three teeth; all molars strangely.
>>
Rolled 86 (1d100)

>>71055
You're a powerful man. BREAK THOSE CHAINS JOHN, AND FORGE THEM INTO A HAMMER
>>
>>71055
>>71063
Use our free hand to undo our restraints.
>>
File: freedom.png (17 KB, 753x659) Image search: [Google]
freedom.png
17 KB, 753x659
You are now free from your constraints.
>>71070
However, since they weren't chains, you fashion the leather bindings into a hammer.

Leather Hammer has been added to your inventory.

(Pardon my shitty art, I'm struggling with a tracpad because my tablet is trashed.)
>>
Rolled 58 (1d100)

>>71137
Start smashing down those windows. Nothing can stop THE MIGHT MAN, JOHN HENRY, BORN WITH A HAMMER
>>
>>71137
Grab our extracted molars and take a closer look at them in the light.
>>
Rolled 78 (1d100)

>>71137
Hammers are so last year.
You shall become throw man, the man who throws torture tools and hammers into peoples eyes.
Oh yeah, throw your hammer at that window to smash it open.
>>
>>71137
Smash the chair and friction heating to start a fire with it. Cook the leather for food.
You aren't leaving, this is your home now.
>>
File: damn.png (34 KB, 753x659) Image search: [Google]
damn.png
34 KB, 753x659
>>71153
You SMASH WITH YOUR MIGHT, breaking the boards off the windows. Fucking iron bars block your way.
>>71157
Yep, those are your molars alright. Strangely enough, they're free of any blood.
>>71198
We sure showed those boards who's boss. We are now JOHN HENRY, THROW MAN.
>>71200
This place doesn't pass any codes for housing, so you cannot live here.

>Leather Hammer is slightly worn now.

Nothing but forest and moonlight for miles. It does look kinda pretty.
>>
>>71200
Roll for friction fire, before we eat our hammer.
>>
I'll roll
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>71505
>>
File: fwoosh.png (19 KB, 753x659) Image search: [Google]
fwoosh.png
19 KB, 753x659
>>71509
What seems like magic, little effort is made before the chair is lit ablaze. With a more reliable light, you can now see better than before.
Also, we ate our Worn Leather Hammer, providing dried, leathery nutrients.
>Leather Hammer is no longer in your Inventory.
>>
>>71554
Search room
>>
File: jusabahx.png (13 KB, 753x659) Image search: [Google]
jusabahx.png
13 KB, 753x659
>>71680
Recap on our left side of the room:
>Slightly used torture tools
>Trapdoor
>Iron barred window
>Campfire

The right side of the room seems pretty barren; just a wooden crate.

Inventory
>3 molars

(I'm retiring for the night, if thread is gone, I shall recap.)
>>
>>71716
loot crate
>>
File: box.png (21 KB, 753x659) Image search: [Google]
box.png
21 KB, 753x659
>>71794
You find the following:
>Large stick
>4 bullets
>Worn Detective's Badge
>A smaller, locked box with an ominous glow
>Large rubber stopper, maybe a shower plug?
>Scroll bound by a ribbon
>>
>>72571
Bear in mind that you only have two hands; however, you can roll to see how many pockets you have on your pants.
>>
Rolled 79 (1d100)

>>72571
Use the large stick as a lever to open the box
>>
Rolled 5 + 1 (1d6 + 1)

>>72609
This many
>>
>>72707
You now have a grand total of 6 pockets, to haul around many things. What we take is entirely up to you.
>>72617
The box was already open, but we'll hold the stick in our hands regardless.

Equipped:
>Large stick
Inventory
>3 molars
>>
>>72834
Take everything then check out the torture tools
>>
>>72834
(I was talking about the smaller locked box with an ominous glow ! :•) )
>>
>>72891
The tools are well maintained, as if someone regularly comes to maim poor souls, such as yourself. For some strange reason, there are a few medical tools as well.
>Scalpel, Screwdriver, Pliers, Scissors, Small Hacksaw, Sewing Thread/Needle, and a Wedge.
>>73104
You place the box on the ground, and try to use your stick as a lever to open the locked box. The stick however, is a bit too broad to wedge in anywhere.
>>
>>73346
Pry the box with the screwdriver, if no luck try the trapdoor
>>
>>73366
You put the stick down, to try and prop open the glowing box with the screwdriver instead.
After a few minutes of trying to find a groove, you find one. However, the very second you put your screwdriver through the slot, the screwdriver flashes with a bright light, and vanishes. The glow in the box lights up just a bit.
>>
>>73655
Damn, alright check out the trapdoor
>>
File: trapdoor.png (15 KB, 753x659) Image search: [Google]
trapdoor.png
15 KB, 753x659
>>73678
The trapdoor has seen better days; the wood seems to be worn, and the iron fastenings rusted. There are a couple of holes within the wood that you could peek through.
>>
>>73759
Grab the handsaw and get to work
>>
File: handlesareforlosers.png (12 KB, 753x659) Image search: [Google]
handlesareforlosers.png
12 KB, 753x659
>>73780
Going back to the tray of torture tools, you take the hacksaw and get to workin' on that trapdoor. After about two minutes of sawing, the boards collapse inward, making very loud noises as the boards land on each other. A shriek is heard in the distance, but you can't gauge where it's at.

>The fire is starting to get dim.
>Hacksaw is now equipped.
>>
>>73907
Guess I'm the only one here
Grab a stick out if the fire to use as a torch and jump down the hole
>>
>>74007
Not alone.
>>
>>74007
Nope, you're not alone !
>>
Hi, OP here. I'm at work sorry friendos, when I get off I'll update.
Also, there seems to be no ladder or any way back up, so make sure you have everything you want before descending!
>>
>>77701
We should keep the weird lock box and the scroll before descending, if we have enough room in our pockets
>>
>>81607
Oh yeah. Probably read the scroll while we still have light
>>
>>81607
Right now, this is our inventory
>3 molars
>Weird lock box
>Hacksaw
>Heavy Stick (equipped)
>>74007
We use our stick to make a torch before our fire goes out.
>>81841
The scroll seems to consist of an incoherent scrawling, almost like gibberish or some unknown language. You feel a strange power pulsing from the scroll, but you can't figure out if it's benign or not.
>>
>>83050
Try to cast what's on the scroll
>>
>>83050
Keep in mind that there are also other items to pocket/use. Equipped items don't take up pocket space.
>4 bullets
>Worn Detective's Badge
>Large Rubber Stopper
>>
>>83079
In that case also pick up the badge and the bullets, eh pick up the stopper too we have enough space
>>
>>83079
Store the scroll in a pocket and try to craft a torch with the large stick, the fire and a scrap of your shirt
>>
>>83062
The scroll is really difficult to comprehend; however the more you try to read, the words start to glow a more vibrant color. Almost in an instant, the words rush through your head, as the scroll's power is revealed to you. You sense the lifeforce of other beings in the immediate area. There seems to be a lot of things floating around in this place.
>>83106
We pocket the rest of that shit and now our pockets are full.

Inventory
>Torch (equipped)
>Worn detective's badge
>3 molars
>4 bullets
>Large stopper
>Weird lock box
>Hacksaw
>>
>>83170
It's time leave the room by the trapdoor. Be as quiet as possible since there are other beings, and prepare the hacksaw...
>>
File: hallway.png (27 KB, 753x659) Image search: [Google]
hallway.png
27 KB, 753x659
>>83246
We descend. There's no ladder, so we try our best to leap down while making minimal noises. The hallway seems somewhat like an old sewer, or dungeon.
There are three pathways we could take.
Highest roll decides.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d100)

>>84509
Go left.
>>
>>84523
Stellar roll there, friend.
Left closest to us, or down the hallway?
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>84509
Go left, first
>>
>>84686
>>84523
To our left seems to be a rusted iron door. You are unsure if it will open or not, however there is a keyhole.
>>
>>85013
Alright try right
>>
Rolled 35 (1d100)

>>85061
Try to open the door first, I'll roll
>>
>>85152
Let's go right I guess
>>
>>85152
We attempt to open the door. While it does seem to budge and move, it either seems locked, or a great deal of strength is required.
>>85061
>>85179
We decide to take our chances elsewhere, by going to the right side of the farther hallway. A series of iron bars line down the halls, and your senses tell you that many beings linger down this hallway.

Perhaps this place is a prison, long abandoned by the ones who ran it?
>>
>>85340
Check the left too, make sure we scout all avenues
>>
>>85403
yeah, and use the scroll to check if there is anyone there, just in case
>>
>>85403
To the left is a hole in the wall, leading to what appears to be a torture chamber. The walls are lined with racks, and poor souls strapped to them. You can hear them, but barely; a heretic's fork is lodged into each and every one of their throats. They cannot speak or scream, but you can hear them crying in agony telepathically. At the end of the room, there is a figure sitting down at what looks like a table or a desk. It hasn't noticed you yet.
>>
>>85933
Sneak on over, leave your torch around the corner of course
>>
>>85970
Then try to put the hacksaw to his throat from behind
>>
>>86083
>>85970
We leave our torch behind for just a second, but let's roll for stealth.
>>
>>86343
Also I'm about to leave for work, but I'll make an update or two while on break or something.
>>
>>86353
What are we rolling?
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>86343
ok let's roll this
>>
File: ohgodwhy.png (26 KB, 753x659) Image search: [Google]
ohgodwhy.png
26 KB, 753x659
>>86402
>90
Holy fuck it's like you're a fucking ghost. Effortlessly, you sneak up on him and slowly, painstakingly cut his throat open with your hacksaw. You can hear him as his screams slowly start fading into gurgling noises as he fades.

Preeeeetty edgy, but the possible threat was eliminated.
(Again, pardon my shitty tracpad MS paint)
>>
>>91858
Inspect the corpse to see if he had anything, then remove one of the forks stuck in the poor souls throat to question him/her

(your drawings are really good compared with other threads, don't worry you're doing great ! :•) )
>>
>>91858
figure out whatever it was that we killed
your art is fine dude don't sweat it
>>
OP here, on break at work.

We investigate further by checking out who our recently deceased was. A large black hood covered his head, and it seems sown to him. Several stiches are seen all over him, and he is missing his left hand.

We start removing the heretic's fork from one of the victims. He starts breathing really heavy, following some incoherent babbling. You aren't quite sure what he's saying, but maybe give him some time to calm down just a bit.
>>
>>95267
The guard also seems to have a worn key. Since our inventory is full, we need to replace something with our key unless we leave it behind.
>>
>>95570
Replace the stopper with the key, try to decypher the scroll for a bit while you wait for him to speak coherently
>>
We drop the rubber stopper, and swap it out for the worn key.
Inventory
>Worn key
>Weird lockbox
>3 molars
>4 bullets
>Worn detective badge
>Hacksaw (equipped)
>Unidentified scroll
>>
>>95717
The scroll has lost a series of words and symbols. It seems like every time we read it, more words fade out of existence it seems.

The torture victim is still calming down. Perhaps there is something we can do to calm him down?
>>
>>95267
Jerk off on to the scroll while staring into the eyes of the blabbing prisoner
>>
>>98861
>>98873
>>
>>98861
We should tell the torture victim we're here to free them but they need to answer a few questions first, like where could we go to acquire a nice warhammer.
>>
>>100667
We tell him that we are going to free him, but first we need answers.
We ask where the hell we are.
>Deep within the soul of man! Pitch black, and blinded by misery!
...What? We move on to a second victim, hoping he responds with something that makes some fucking sense.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
If a post contains illegal content, please click on its [Report] button and follow the instructions.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need information for a Poster - you need to contact them.
This website shows only archived content and is not affiliated with 4chan in any way.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 1XVgDnu36zCj97gLdeSwHMdiJaBkqhtMK