[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bloodborne Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qst/ - Quests

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 1
File: bb5.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bb5.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Hello everyone, and welcome to Bloodborne Quest. (Partially inspired by the other souls-style quest that's running right now)

I prefer to take a more "Rule of Cool" approach to story telling, so stats will be neglected, and dice rolls will be infrequent. If I ask for a dice roll, the first reply will be accepted in most cases.

Alright, that's all we need in the way of rules. Let's get rolling.

Are you:
>Male
>Female
>>
Female
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQjm5ApVTv8
>>
>>43176
I am a FUCKING WHITE MALE
>>
>>43193
"A faint whisper reaches your ears, a melodious voice that asks something in a discordant language..."

You remember entering the sprawling town of Yharnam during the beast hunt. You can faintly recall the stinging sensation of a monster biting into your shoulder. You remember being picked up and dragged into a weapon's shop before falling unconscious.

You dreamed a terrible dream, a nightmare that ended with a sanguine beast dripping with viscous fluids devouring you.

Now, you have awoken, and the weapons shop is empty. Outside a window, you can see the full moon. The door behind you has been blockaded, but the door in front of you is slightly ajar. It seems to lead outside.

Will you:
>Search the weapons shop
>Go outside
>>
>>43279
Search the weapons shop, hopefully there is something inside that can help us defend ourselves.
>>
>>43295
You search the weapons shop, but luck is not on your side.

The shop was obviously raided for weapons, supplies, and everything even slightly metallic that wasn't nailed down to the floor. Even your own weapons, a saw cleaver and pistol, were stolen.

All you possess now is your torn foreign hunter attire and your wits.

Will you:
>Go outside
>Look out the window, and then go outside
>>
>>43332
Go outside, we don't fear death, death fears us!
>>
>>43351
With the confidence of a hunter, you kick open the door and step outside. A long, deserted road greets you.

All of the neighboring buildings have been boarded up. Long bloody streaks paint the cobblestone path.

To your left is a dead end, and your right leads somewhere else.

Will you:
>Head left
>Head right
>>
>>43389
Go right.
>>
>>43389
>Head right
>>
>>43418
You ignore the left path and begin to travel in the opposite direction. You feel strangely naked without your armory, and hope to acquire something soon.

You continue down the road, which turns south. As you follow it, you notice that several alleyways and larger roads have been completed blocked off by towering stacks of stones and wooden planks.

Suddenly, you hear a voice off in the distance. It sounds like a man's voice, but you cannot discern what he is saying. The voice is coming from the direction you are heading towards.

Will you:
>Go back
>Wait
>Go towards the voice
>>
>>43471
>Go towards the voice
>>
>>43498
You go to the source of the voice. Directly in front of you, a man walks around the bend.

The man is gaunt and pale. His skin is splotchy and stained with blood. Aside from a tattered piece of cloth that could have once passed as shorts, he wears only a black wide-brimmed hat. In his right hand he carries a gleaming saw spear that scrapes against the cold cobblestone road. He scratches at his left arm constantly, which seems to be unusually hairy.

He walks forward unsteadily, mumbling under his breath.

"Liars... liars and... murderers... Always trying to, trying to... Burn them, right? No? Stupid doctors..."

When he finally notices you, he looks up with a grin, and transforms his saw spear into its spear form with a mechanical CLINK!

"Bloody beasts... Come get some... I'LL KILL YOU!"

Will you:
>Fight the man
>Run
>>
>>43471
Go towards the voice.
>>
>>43604
Try to be an hero, charge against the man.
>>
>>43604
>Fight the man
>>
>>43630
>>43655
Although unarmed and weakened, let it never be said that you were cowardly.

You rush the man with the speed of a professional hunter, your outstretched hands ready to wrest the trick weapon from his grasp.

The man swings his weapon clumsily, like a child. With supernatural ease, you avoid the blade, and rush in close to strike at him.

>Roll two D20s, one for chance to hit, and one for amount of hits if a combo is started
>>
Rolled 18, 17 = 35 (2d20)

>>43715
>>
>>43733
You dexterously swoop in and close the gap between yourself and the mad hunter. You unload a powerful series of eight devastating blows to the mans sickly frame.

However, your mighty assault leaves you winded for a split second, and the man counteracts.

With devilish glee in his wide eyes, the mad hunter swipes at you with his saw spear in its short form, and scores a glancing blow. He transforms the weapon back into its long spear form in one smooth movement, and leans forward to impale you.

>Roll a D2 to dodge. A 1 will mean failure, and a 2 will allow you to roll away just in time.
>>
Rolled 18, 17 = 35 (2d20)

>>43715
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>43818
DIE YOU BLOODY FUCK
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>43818
Rolls
>>
>>43864
>>43846
>>43818
1+1=2

We roll away!
>>
>>43846
You move to execute a full-body roll to evade his spear, but your leg slips and causes you to stumble backwards, allowing the madman to run you through with his toothed blade.

You reach for the wound, gingerly, unbelieving. How could you die like this? This wasn't right. You were meant to survive...

The man braces his foot against your chest and kicks you off of his weapon, which he swiftly transforms back into its short form. He grins wildly, and begins kicking at your corpse as the world goes black...

And then...

You awaken to the sound of waves, and the cries of seagulls. You try to stand up, but nearly fall over as the ground begins to turn and shake.

In a surprisingly lucid moment, you find yourself in a wooden boat. You're still clothed, and your weapons are still missing, but you're alive. Aren't you?

A fine mist surrounds you, obscuring all vision. You suddenly clutch at your heart. The hole in your chest is gone, and the boat continues to gently bob and bounce irregularly as you are drawn to... Some place. The boat almost seems to be moving of its own accord.

The mist parts, and you behold a new scene. A large island made entirely of obsidian stone, complete with a small wooden hut, and a few other features. The boat gently knocks against the solid land, and you carefully step out of the boat, and observe your surroundings.

Looking down, you are greeted by a group of strange, pale child-like beings. Each of these beings offers you a different weapon and firearm.

You shrug. What the hell? Why not...

You choose the
>Saw Cleaver
>Hunter's Axe
>Threaded Cane

>Hunters Pistol
>Hunters Blunderbuss
>>
>>43965
>Threaded Cane
>Hunters Blunderbuss
>>
>>44007
You graciously accept the threaded cane and the hunters blunderbuss, and the pale creatures vanish. Strange little buggers.

Feeling more confident with some weapons in your hands, you survey the rest of the island. The island is roughly the size of a city district, and contains many odd structures.

In front of you lies the wooden hut. To your right is the incongruous form of the gallows, step upon the rocks. Set upon the wooden gallows is a six foot tall ornate mirror that would look more comfortable in some noblemans private collection. You can also make out a stone casket propped up against a stalagmite that rises from the island floor. The casket is tightly closed.

Would you like to
>Investigate the hut
>Investigate the mirror
>Investigate the casket
>>
>>44113
>Investigate the hut
maybe friendly people that won't try to kill us?
>>
>>44154
You approach the hut, blunderbuss raised. Annoyed, you shake your head and realize that you have no quicksilver bullets, so you prepare your threaded cane instead.

You swiftly kick open the door, which swings into the hut and smashes against the wall.

The hut is abandoned, but it contains many odd items. In one corner of the hut is a table upon which a game board sits. The board is made of some kind of ivory, and a single game piece sits atop it. The piece is made of a similar ivory-like material, and is shaped like a man.

You touch the game board and the piece, but nothing happens.

To your right is a long table, similar to those found in the old Hunter's Workshops. You could upgrade your weapons here, if you had the proper materials.

The hut also contains an empty cabinet that could be used to store items.

You have the faint suspicion that this hut was occupied, and recently. The table is still covered with bits of sawdust and metal fragments, implying that someone had been working on something not too long ago.

You leave the empty hut and survey the island.

Will you:
>Investigate the mirror atop the gallows
>Investigate the stone casket
>>
>>44243
>Investigate the stone casket
>>
>>44276
It's a short walk from the hut to the casket.

The stone coffin leans up against an obsidian stone that juts from the earth. You peer at the lid of the coffin. Several strange symbols and letters have been carved into its exterior, but none of them make any sense to you.

You attempt to pry the coffin open to see what's inside, but your fingers can't get a grip on the bulky lid, and the coffin itself seems nearly impossible to move alone.

You sigh, and leave the coffin. As you walk, you notice something else out of the corner of your eye. Opposite the side from which your boat landed is a small pier. Attached to the pier by a long rope is another wooden boat, similar to your own, but much more splintered and faded.

The pier appears totally barren, so you continue on towards the gallows instead, hoping to find anything that can help you unravel this odd mystery.

You step up onto the gallows, survey the number of nooses, and then walk over to the mirror. As you walk around to look into the mirror, you jump back in surprise.

Your reflection does not look back at you, rather, a tall woman with gleaming eyes looks back at you, hands on her hips.

"It's about time you came over here." She pouts. "I thought I might be standing here by myself forever."

You walk closer to the mirror, and try to angle your viewpoint differently. No matter how you look at the reflective glass of the mirror, the woman is still inside it. She notices your gawking and sighs.

"Yes, I'm stuck in the mirror. No, you can't get me out. I'm sure you have some questions, so fire away."

Talk about:
>What is this island? Where am I?
>Who are you?
>>
>>44355
>>What is this island? Where am I?
>>
>>44365
You open your mouth to speak, but your words don't flow. Instead, you make an atrocious gargling sound, and you reach into your mouth and panic briefly as you realize that your tongue has been cut out.

The woman in the mirror frowns. "You too, huh? Yes, that happens from time to time. If you need anything, just pantomime it, and I'll try to interpret."

You begin to calm down, but a thousand questions race through your head.

"Seeing as you can't talk, I'm going to guess at the questions you were going to ask me. Firstly, this island isn't really an island. We're in some kind of dream world. If you wish to depart, go into the hut behind me, and touch the game piece."

She brushes her hair back, and you seem to take in the woman's appearance for the first time. She's tall, nearly as tall as the mirror itself. Her hair is long and brown, and her blue eyes seem to gleam from behind the mirror.

She wears an elegant red dress made complete with several articles of golden jewelry and gem-studded necklaces. She is attractive, but not excessively.

The woman notices you staring at her, and smiles. "But where are my manners? I am Lady Elizabeth. It is a pleasure to meet you, star-scented hunter." She gives a little curtsy.

"Also, I'm afraid that I do not know why you are here, and I also am unaware of my purpose here either, although I have suspicions. You see, through the power of echoing blood, I can endow you with greater strength, and make you a hunter of unparalleled strength. Intriguing, isn't it?"

She claps her hands, and gestures towards the hut. "Like I said earlier, touch the game piece to return from whence you came. You might find softly glowing lanterns in the real world. These lanterns can help you bridge the gap between reality, and dreaming. Do you need anything else?"

Will you:
>Gesture towards the coffin, and then leave
>Leave immediately
>>
>>44499
>Gesture towards the coffin, and then leave
>>
>>44518
You gesture towards the stone coffin, and Lady Elizabeth nods knowingly.

"You're referring to the casket, are you not? My apologies but... I have little recollection of that terrible thing. All I know is that it must be eschewed at all costs. Some secrets aren't worth knowing."

She smiles, clearly attempting to lighten the mood. "Well, no need to stand about gaping. You're a hunter, right? You have a job to do. So, get to it then!"

You walk away from the mirror, and enter the hut. You reach out and touch the single game piece, and the world spins and lurches as you fall asleep, and awaken back in the old weapons shop. A purple lamp now occupies the center of the room.

Directly across from the lantern is the corpse of a half-beast that lies strewn across the weapons table. Attached to it is a note that reads: "For you."

In the half-beasts claws, you discover a single vial full of blood, and five quicksilver bullets. Attaching the two items to your person, you ready your cane and blunderbuss, and exit the workshop. To your left lies the dead end, and to your right lies the path upon which you first perished.

Will you:
>Go left, towards the dead end
>Go right and fight the mad hunter
>>
>>44642
Go right
>>
>>44642
>>44675
Finally. A new player.
>>
>>44675
You head right in long, measured strides. Your cane clicks against the ground as your round the bend, and are faced with the mad hunter.

He looks up at you, naked surprise flashing across his face.

"Spectres, then?" He whispers, saw spear hanging loosely at his side.

In a flash, you quickstep towards the hunter in his moment of surprise, and wack him across the head with your cane. Wasting no time, you shove the nozzle of your blunderbuss against his chest and fire at point blank range, sending the hapless hunter rocketing back into a stone wall. He hits it with a crack, and then lurches towards you, spear extended.

"I HAVEN'T KILLED SOMEONE TWICE BEFORE!" He shrieks.

Will you:
>Fire your blunderbuss and attempt to parry his lunge (Roll a D20)
>Attempt to step backwards, dodge the blow, and counterattack (Roll a D20)
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>44744
>Attempt to step backwards, dodge the blow, and counterattack (Roll a D20)
>>
>>44642
>>44642
We can't really die.
>>
>>44798
Your attempt to step backwards fails, for the mad hunter moves too swiftly. After he cuts you twice with his wicked sharp spear, you just barely manage to stage a counterattack.

Your hard cane beats him mercilessly, bruising and cracking his bones with several well placed strikes. The ranting hunter transforms his spear into its shorter form, and attempts to gut you with it, but you manage to leap back and transform your own weapon.

Now armed with a deadly whip, you effortlessly stay out of the mans range and flog him with trained accuracy. The man finally topples over, and drops his trick weapon in defeat.

"Beast, please, mercy." He croaks.

Will you:
>Kill the mad hunter
>Spare the hunters life
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>44744
>Fire your blunderbuss and attempt to parry his lunge (Roll a D20)
>>
>>44867
>Spare the hunter's life
>>
>>44959
You stamp your foot down on his weapon so that the beaten hunter cannot claim it. You lower your weapons, and gesture for the man to leave.

How strange this turn of events must have appeared through his clouded eyes! With an unsettling grin, he gets up slowly, and scrambles away, muttering something about "Friendly Beasts."

The man disappears in the direction of the dead end, just left of the old workshop. You watch him go, and then pick up his saw spear and attach it to your belt. Now, you have two trick weapons to complement your firearm.

You begin to walk forward, mostly because you're not sure what else to do, and forward is as good a direction as any.

You enter a large town square, encircled by a multitude of market stands and empty houses. At the center of the square, a huge beast tied to a wooden cross is burning brightly, illuminating a pair of figures that lurch awkwardly around the square.

The two figures wear tall hats and carry makeshift weapons.

Will you:
>Attempt to fight the townsfolk
>Attempt to sneak by the townsfolk (Roll a D20)
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>45078
>Attempt to sneak by the townsfolk (Roll a D20)
>>
>>45101
The dice gods do not like me.
>>
>>45101
By some miracle, you manage to avoid the first townsperson, but by the time you duck behind the second merchant stand, you accidentally knock over a pair of ornate urns, alerting the two Yharnamites to your presence.

"Damn beasts, away with ya!" The first townsperson shouts as he brandishes a torch and lights a market stall aflame. He draws a long blade in his other hand, and begins limping towards your general direction. His companion lifts up his four-pronged plow and charges your position, yelling insanely.

By sheer force of experience alone, you manage to leap out of harms way, placing you between the burning beast and two very angry townspeople.

You draw your cane, and prepare to attack.

You will:
>Attack the torch-wielding townsperson (Roll a D20)
>Attack the plow-carrying townsperson (Roll a D20)
>>
Too late for another player?
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>45281
>Attack the torch-wielding townsperson (Roll a D20)
>>45288
It's never too late!
>>
>>45301
Please roll better than me, Good Hunter. I've been cursed. ;_;
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>attack torch

Here's hoping!
>>
>>45288
(Anyone can join in on the fun. The more the merrier!)

>>45301
Another string of bad luck. In attempting to strike the torch-wielding townsperson, you deal a weak strike and fall open to retaliation.

The plow-wielder jabs you in your side twice, and the torch-wielder scorches your face with a wild swing of his burning charcoal.

You fall back, reeling from the attack, and end up tripping backwards into the gigantic burning beast. Your body goes up in flames, and the two townsfolk stab at your smoldering corpse.

--You Died--

You reawaken at the purple lamp within the workshop, as if it were all just a bad dream. Your gear is still on your person.

You stand up, and decide what to do next.

You plan to:
>Return to the Obsidian Dream
>Attempt to beat the two townspeople again
>Go left and search the dead end
>>
>>45343
>Go left and search the dead end
Let's lick our wounds and try to get stronger.
Sorry, guys.
>>
Dying quickly. Truly this is a souls game lol.

> search left
>>
>>45368
You travel left, your cane clicking against the blood-splattered cobblestone road as you go. You notice a number of windows, most of which have been boarded up.

At the dead end, you find the corpse of a hunter propped up against a wall. Next to the corpse is a window that shows a faint light coming out from within. The aromatic scent of some foreign incense flows out from a lamp next to the window.

Upon looting the corpse, you find a small shard of solidified blood stone. As you move to get a closer look at the window, the curtains briefly part, revealing a single creeping eye.

A rough voice calls out from inside the house: "You der, foreigner. What're yoo doing 'ere?"

Do you:
>Try to show him that you are a hunter
>Stay silent
>Leave and go back towards the market square
>>
>>45434
>Try to show him that you are a hunter
>>
>>45449
By gesturing enthusiastically towards your tattered hunter cap, you manage to get the point across.

"Oooh, hunter are we? Well, I 'ave no love for yoor kind. Begone weth yee, and don't come back 'round unless yee've got something worth sharing."

The man snorts, and shuts the blinds quickly.

Do you:
>Leave for the townspeople
>Knock on the window
>>
Good Hunter, you pick, please.
>>
> Knock on the window

We need supplies, and information.
>>
>>45475
>Knock on the window
Ask him what he wants in return for info and supplies.
>>
>>45542
You knock on the window again, lightly. This gentle knocking elicits no response, so you knock again, this time much harder.

An exasperated voice answers you. "Oh fer the love o' Archy, quit with that infernal knocking!"

After a few more seconds of silence, you knock again.

The blinds part, and the creeping eye returns. "Good gracious, 'ave you no tact at all? Yoor'e worst than most hunters, yoo know that, yeah?"

The man sighs, and opens the blinds fully, revealing an old, tired face full of wrinkles and pain.

"Look, I know some-ting that'll get yoo off my back. If yoo go to the old clinic just outside the marketplace, yoo might be able to find an interesting fellow by the name of Robert. He's a hunter, like yoo. Maybe he can give ya some knowledge, yeah? He's knows the west side of Yharnam better than most."

The old man closes the curtains again, and walks deeper into his home, calling out. "And if yoo bloody knock on my window oone more time, I might just turn into a beast myself!"

You leave the window, and the cackling man, and prepare yourself. At least now, you have a bit of direction.

And judging by the state of things, and the screams echoing the distance, you'll need every little bit of help you can get.

(Sorry to end this quest a bit short, but it will continue either Friday night, or some time over the weekend, hopefully when more people are present. To those who played today, I thank you for your time and effort. Maybe we'll get to the bottom of this strange city next time. Until then, farewell.)
>>
>>45636
Sweet. Thank you for running even though I sucked at rolling.
>>
>>45636
Aw damn. Right as I show up
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
If a post contains illegal content, please click on its [Report] button and follow the instructions.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need information for a Poster - you need to contact them.
This website shows only archived content and is not affiliated with 4chan in any way.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 1XVgDnu36zCj97gLdeSwHMdiJaBkqhtMK