[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Another Holy Grail War Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qst/ - Quests

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: deviuntart.png (480 KB, 470x589) Image search: [Google]
deviuntart.png
480 KB, 470x589
From the previous thread, Anon with his servant, Rider, met a redhead, Kohaku, who he asked out on a date next day after getting her phone number. Now it is the second night of the Holy Grail War. The team headed out to a park where you met a weird man who claims to be the referee of the ritual. Upon leaving, he states that Assassin has been eliminated by Berserker. At this point, you drive off to the business district in search of the other participants.

--

Along the way to where they went to the first night, you ask Hitler-chan what she thought about Not Important's claims.

"Do you think he's a liar?"

"Well..He didn't attack us with that heavy mass of power he had sitting behind him, which would have been very painful. So for now, I would say he's genuine." Clearly, she was not as rattled by that tense encounter as you were. The city's metropolitan lights blur by as the two of you zoom through it rather easily.

On reaching your destination, you exit the motorcycle when suddenly, your hand with the command seals starts to ache slightly. This signals you to pull out Parabellum, as danger can't be far off.

Rider then put away her bike but light still shimmers in the air, indicating it getting replacing with another vehicle she owns. It remains cloaked since given her fame, she would be easily recognizable just by her uniform alone.

"Anon hide!" She commanded. You have a bad feeling about this. You decide to:

>Hide behind a building nearby
>Stay by your servant's side as support
>Call the cute girl's number
>Something else

I'll try to get this thread up to 50 posts this time. It'll never happen since I don't know what I'm doing.
>>
>>358668
>>Hide behind a building nearby
We should ask Hitler-chan to at least ditch the armband at some point. A little bit of subtlety goes a long way.
>>
>>358668
>Hide behind a building nearby

Can someone give me some background about this?
>>
>>358699
Our servant is Hitler, and the grail war just started. Other than that, we're pretty much at the very beginning, it's the second thread.
>>
>>358696
>>358699
You rush over for some cover at a building close by, keeping an eye on your partner. Not long after, you can see some controlled shots being fired from where her vehicle would be at a figure that was closing in really fast to Rider. You hope that her war machine will be enough to beat your opponent. Being out of sight, you should be free to conduct some actions of your own.

Thinking about it, you're pretty sure that this is the same Lancer that you saw from last night. You squint to confirm this as you see the familiar outline of their body. A female knight of some sort with a flag. Luckily, it appears your servant entered the vehicle. You can't just stand around.

>Try to find the enemy master's wherabouts
>Go to the fray and try to shoot the enemy with your gun
>Stay stationary at your spot
>Something else

>>358722
Nice dubs. The original thread is on Cripplechan and I migrated here. You didn't miss much. Anon was chargen'd. Servant choice was difficulty-based, this is medium difficulty. Rider didn't give you her name, you just have a sure guess. I never read F/SN.
>>
>>358752
>Try to find the enemy master's wherabouts
>>
>>358752
>>Try to find the enemy master's wherabouts
I see. I wasn't aware of the whole Cripplechan thing. Neat.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>358766
>>358778
Finding the enemy is not going to be easy, you try to open the door of the building and find out it's locked. You wrack your brain trying to find out where they could possibly be hiding. You finally decide to hug the wall and scan with your eyes as you make your way on the opposite side.

Meanwhile, the battle seems to be a stalemate with the enemy being unable to pierce through whatever armored vehicle Hitler-chan's inside of but the bullet rounds can't tag the speedy warrior.

You feel a brief tinge of motion sickness. That's odd, since it never happens unless you expend mana carelessly. Time is of the essence here.

Rolling to see if you find them.
>>
>>358827
You don't see or hear anything, unfortunately. You can try to sense their magic but that opens up the risk of them noticing you as well. Your gut feeling tells you they should not be too far off by now. The excitement has you sweating.

I won't lose. You think to yourself.

>Sense their magic with your circuits
>Call Kohaku at this hour
>Quit searching and shoot the Lancer
>Something else
>>
>>358863
>>Quit searching and shoot the Lancer
I hope we're a good shot.
>>
>>358863
>Quit searching and shoot the Lancer
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>358868
>>358871
Switching your tactics on the fly, you boldly step out to pull out the gun Hitler-chan handed you earlier. Her movement pattern is unpredictable but doing some timing, you catch her at a vulnerable spot and pull the trigger.

A flash erupts from the barrel with an audible pop. You silently pray that your shot hits it's mark.

Rollan for outcome.
>>
>>358901
Plink!

It misses and hits the vehicle instead which thankfully didn't do serious damage. The Lancer turns it's gaze around and spots you almost immediately right where you stood. Then, it rushes to you with it's weapon drawn.

"Oh shit." Perhaps you didn't think this through.

A faint whirring sound can be heard.

>Make a shield
>Dodge the attack
>Accept your death
>Something else (Write-ins)
>>
>>358917
>Mag-dump at the Lancer
We don't go down without a fight.
>>
>>358917
>Dodge the attack
>>
File: 1439332368218.jpg (30 KB, 417x430) Image search: [Google]
1439332368218.jpg
30 KB, 417x430
>>358924
>>358928
I shall continue tomorrow when people are awake and more votes are put in. If MC dies, then the adventure is over. Pick your choices or write-ins carefully. Thank you gentlemen.
>>
>>358917
Impale Lancer with our "Lance".

Seriously though, deep breath and aim for Lancer's head.
>>
File: RulerJeanneGOState4.png (272 KB, 339x479) Image search: [Google]
RulerJeanneGOState4.png
272 KB, 339x479
>>358955
Time seems to pass slowly as the realization kicks in that you may very well die tonight since this is not a game. Fight-or-flight instincts flood your mind and you chose both. Your magic pulses throughout your body, momentarily boosting your physical parameters. Not needing to reload, you adjust your aim to the advancing figure in front of you and fire at them.

It was a headshot. One that dented their strange headpiece. They were slowed down slightly but you were still in danger of getting impaled. In a split second, you commanded your legs to sidestep you safely and then a faint explosion was heard.

A great big flash.

Your body is moving in midair. Your ears were ringing relentlessly. Debris flew where you once stood had you not moved. Your back landed on the hard ground and pain spread around your body. Some bleeding and swelling can be felt but you don't think that any of your limbs were torn off. Given the smell of charred concrete, you can bet that this was Rider's doing.

You don't know how long you laid down there but you can see a figure going near you steadily. "…-er….-p……yo-….es……ease….-et up!…" You feel very tired and don't want to open your eyes. Your energy is pretty low, the pounding on your head doesn't help.

>Force yourself back up
>Pass out
>Something else

Luck.
>>
>>361492
>Say some romantic shit in our delirious state to fluster Hitler-chan. Then get up.
>>
>>361503
You were about to doze off peacefully until you got slapped across the face by your servant who was holding you in her arms. The stinging feeling was the least of your worries.

"O-ow!" You rubbed your cheek.

"I heard that!" Hitler-chan glared at you, looking embarrassed. It must have been that indecent thought you inexplicably had involving and scent of your servant's cute pantsu. Not that you've seen it or anything.

Shaking it off, you get a better sense of your surroundings. Lancer was nowhere to be found. There are marks of blood but they either escaped or were eliminated.

You try to get back on your feet but your servant stops you. "Yeesh, Master. At least let me tend to some of your wounds."

The Führer rips your handkerchief and binds a few of your cuts. You still need some proper treatment but you appreciate her gesture.

"Thank you." You managed to stand back up with minimal wobbling. Rider looks back at you, concerned.

>Head back to get some rest
>Investigate if the enemy is still here
>Go to the docks
>Something else
>>
>>361678
>Investigate if the enemy is still here
>>
File: lansamasta.png (52 KB, 220x311) Image search: [Google]
lansamasta.png
52 KB, 220x311
>>361697
Not wanting to go back empty handed, you press onwards in search for the enemy, to see if they've left clues or any traces for you to find. Your body can hold out for a little longer, you figure.

Rider silently walks close to you, acting as your vigilant bodyguard. Both your footsteps march along the dark, quiet pavement. Sticking around long would be a bad idea, law enforcement will come in to check what caused the explosion.

I think I found them. You hear Rider's thoughts tell you.

Upstairs. Room to the left.

You pull out your weapons as a precaution as you make your way up to the next level in the backdoor. Rider watches your back as you bust the door open and prepare a cheesy one-liner.

"Say hello to my little friend."

You were shocked at what you saw inside. Your servant stands stoically by your side, loyal as ever.

A redhead points a gun at you, making a stand-off situation. Lancer, who is not in good shape, is not far off and looks like she's being treated by…the redhead that you met earlier today. Twins? The one pointing the handgun at you has command seals on her hand. With multiple targets in the room, what do you do?

>Shoot the one pointing the gun at you first
>Shoot Kohaku first
>Shoot Lancer first
>Try to propose an alliance
>Something else
>>
>>361898
>>Try to propose an alliance
>>
>>361898
>Try to propose an alliance

Maybe say to the girl with the gun "Killing you would make that date with Kohaku somewhat difficult."
>>
>>361942
Well, this is awkward. You try to de-escalate the situation but you're not sure how to approach this.

"Look, I don't want to kill you." You finally say. "The police are on their way, why don't we call a truce and help each other out?" The redhead isn't having this however.

"Why should we trust you?" The gun is pointed at you with a firm grip. "There can be only one victor at the end."

Kohaku looks at you and gasps. "Oh...I uh, hi-" For a moment, the cutie had a loss for words.

"So, this is the guy I was telling you about. I didn't know he was your enemy though."

"Nee-san..." An air of uncertainty clouds the room.

"We should gain their trust somehow." Rider whispers to your ear.

>Write-in

Dinnertime.
>>
>>362058
>"I only shot Lancer because I didn't want Rider to die. And I'm certainly not going to kill her now that she's not a threat. You have enemies everywhere who will be much less inclined to show mercy, why not have a friend who can help you fight them?"

Then maybe add what >>361972 said.
>>
File: anhotel.png (469 KB, 848x395) Image search: [Google]
anhotel.png
469 KB, 848x395
>>362097
"I only shot Lancer because I didn't want Rider to die. And I'm certainly not going to kill her now that she's not a threat. You have enemies everywhere who will be much less inclined to show mercy, why not have a friend who can help you fight them?" You say followed by a suave clicking of the teeth, motioning to the other girl. "Besides, I still have that date with Kohaku back there."

"What do you think, nee-san?" The master sighed.

"The way I see it, we don't have much choice." The cutie answered back. "I can think of much worse company to be cornered by like this. Put down the gun, Hisui."

'Hisui' reluctantly obeyed, giving you a look. You put away Parabellum and start to hear sirens coming from the distance.

Meanwhile, Kohaku hoisted Lancer upon her shoulder and the other redhead took the other side. "It's going to take some time for Lancer to recover, do you have an escape route for us Anon?"

"Easy." You say, "Rider?"

"Hmph." Hitler-chan went back downstairs and you can hear a big splash by the harbor. Her arsenal of vehicles is quite impressive.

You help the two out in carrying the knight woman onboard a U-boat and set off before you all can be spotted by the authorities. You plan on dropping the ladies off to their place before heading back home.

Along the way, Kohaku comments on her sister's servants' condition. "Taking a tank shell like that...she should have died. Must be an ability of hers or something."

How frightening. You think to yourself.

Soon, you reach their destination which is a fancy hotel. You wonder how they can afford such quarters but refrain from being nosy.

As you turn back, you hear your new friend call out to you, smiling. "Hey, do you want to stay the night?"

"Couch only!" The other girl chimed in, showing her disapproval.

Rider shrugs. "I'll protect you, should they try anything funny."

>Spend the night in the hotel
>Better safe than sorry
>Something else
>>
>>362437
>>Spend the night in the hotel
May as well. Rider did say she'd protect us.
>>
>>362437
>Spend the night in the hotel
There's gonna be some drama when Lancer wakes up, isn't there?
>>
>>362479
>>362519
"Sure, I'll be glad to!" It was an offer you didn't want to refuse.

It turns out these two are siblings. This must be the family Kohaku was talking about earlier. The party gets up to the room, enters and finally has a chance to relax. You freshen up in the bathroom before getting ready to sleep for the night.

The room is sort of split in the middle between the twin beds and the living room, giving some level of privacy. Hisui takes over in caring for Lancer while the other sister visits you with a medkit in hand. Following a nod, Rider dematerializes to give you two space. Then the girl administers you some first aid. "Thanks for not shooting my sister, Anon."

"Ah, I only did what felt right. I never imagined you'd get caught up in this business." The disinfectant does it's job and then she applies the compress. You try not to think too far ahead about this alliance.

"To tell you the truth, we don't know why she was chosen to participate. It was as if random. Aah, didn't mean to blab." You must admit, it felt like she knew what she was doing. Your body should be healed enough in no time.

After she's finished, you say your goodnight and lights out. You'll take a shower when you wake up. Secretly, you feel pretty good being in a room full of feminine energy.

Resuming tomorrow. Night 2 complete

-New Info-
Class: Lancer
Master: Hisui
True Name: ???
Noble Phantasm: ???
Strength: B
Defense: ???
Agility: A
Magic: ???
Luck : D
Skill1: Marshall: C+
Skill2: ???
Skill3: ???
>>
Day comes. Bright light can be seen peeking from the window curtains inside the hotel room where you stayed in last night. You wake up a bit sore but otherwise feeling great. You're not dead yet so that's good news. When you look around, no one seems to be there.

The twins are downstairs having breakfast. Your servant's voice can be heard as she materializes next to the sofa. That didn't creep you out as much since you are starting to get used to having Rider around.

Your phone rings, pulling it out, you see that it's from your muggle aunt and uncle. Biting your lip, you answer the call.

"Where are you Anon?!" That was your aunt.

"…I'm at my girlfriend's place." You didn't have a better answer to give them.

"What? We're telling your parents about this! Next time, tell us before you decide to stay with your girlfriend." Well, they took that quite well.

"Ookay then. Later, bye." Now that that's out of the way, you decide to take a shower. It's bad enough you didn't bring a change of clothes. You handle your business quickly so you can join the others downstairs. Looking at the clock, you will just barely make it in time before it all closes up. Also, today is your date with Kohaku. Her other sister is cute too but a bit on the reserved side, not to mention she's also your enemy.

Your servant follows you down in spirit form. You enjoy sliders, an English muffin with marmalade and some coffee. The sisters are gone by the time you sit yourself down. They must have gone back up while you were in the elevator.

The news is comes up on a wall-mounted TV, it talks about more strange occurrences that happened at night. One of which you know about, the area damaged around last night's battle being closed off from the public.

>Watch the news
>Go back home
>Go back to the suite
>Something else
>>
>>365384
>Watch the news
>>
>>365384
>Watch the news
>>
anyone post the previous archive? im genuinely curious how we summonned hitler-chan
>>
File: wannamaker.png (505 KB, 945x654) Image search: [Google]
wannamaker.png
505 KB, 945x654
>>365396
"This is Mark Wanamaker from Channel 6 Action News." You focus on the screen for more info. "That covers our report on the Causeway Bay incident." The screen changes to a man being carried off a stretcher from what appeared to be an attack on a residence somewhere on the other side of the harbor. You can see a girl following the paramedics to the ambulance. You recognize her as the one who fought with the redhead yesterday over that pricey shirt. She appears to be wiping tears from her face as this man seems to be close to her.

You put your hand on your chin, taking a guess. That guy could be a master. Probably, but it looks like he lost. Not like anything can be done about it now.

"We are suggesting people to stay safe and not wander off too late at night. Though, be assured that our officers are doing a great job keeping order." That's the last thing of note before the channel switches to sports.

Master... You thought she was being dramatic, but she's actually eyeing your food.

Yes, things will get worse before they get better.

What should you do next?

>Go back up
>Go home
>Something else

>>365460
This one does not follow typical rules, no three families, etc. It just happened like magic. You'll have to look at the quest board on cripplechan to find the thread.
>>
>>365489
>Go back up
We should meet with our allies one more time before heading home.
>>
>>365489
>Go back up
>>
>>365495
>>365501
Done downstairs, you head back up. You don't have a key so you knock. After a few seconds, Hisui lets you in. "Did you forget something? I thought you had already left."

"What kind of guy do you think I am? I should say thanks before I think about leaving." You respond as polite as you could. Her eyes still give you a dirty look anyway.

It seems Kohaku is busy in the bathroom doing whatever, while her sister is still nursing Lancer back to health. She seems to be awake now too, you can hear.

Maybe we should go. Hitler-chan suggests. Your phone is at 1/3 charge.

>Say goodbye and go home
>Stick around the living room
>Something else
>>
>>365559
>Say goodbye and go home
>>
>>365559
>Say goodbye and go home

Also say to Lancer "Sorry about the whole shooting you in the head thing."
>>
>>365572
>>365577
You say your goodbyes and sneak in a quick apology to the Lancer. The piercing gaze you get goes contrary to her words. "God forgives. We'll settle this when the time comes."

There wasn't much else to do there so you catch the next railway back home. Rider tries to talk smack about them on the way but you shut her up. The metropolitan hustle and bustle goes on as usual.

Half an hour later, you're back at your home base. You put on new clothes, replace your bandages and charge your stuff. Your servant, out of boredom, starts to draw on a large sketchpad that she found lying around. It must be the buildings outside the window.

"This city is so lively and beautiful, the architecture is unlike anything I've seen in my time."

Your date's coming up soon, as you see on the clock.

>Stay in the apartment
>Go to the park with Rider
>Go to the park without Rider
>Something else
>>
>>365629
Approximately how much time do we have until the date?
>>
>>365629
>>
>>365649
>>365654
Not wanting to waste anymore time, you bug Rider and pull her away from her drawing. "You can draw later. Put on some normal clothes and let's go. We're going to be late."

"I'm not late. You are." She complains but obeys, shedding her anti-semetic regalia. "You are a mean one, master!"

En route, you're already going to be fashionably late so you give Kohaku a call to let her know.

"Yes, Anon?" She answers in a chipper mood.

"Give me a few minutes, I got caught somewhere." You start to explain.

"Is that how it is? You hurt me by not showing up on time..." Her tone is sad.

"I didn't mean t-" You got was interrupted abruptly.

"Haha! I'm just messing with you. It looks like I'm going to be a few minutes late too." Seems she's got a sense of humor, unlike the other redhead.

A sigh comes out of your lips. Your servant shuffles about next to you.

"I feel like a third wheel. Why did you even bring me along?" Her arms are folded.

"I still need protection, and you are a big help on the field with your abilities, even if I forget to say it." You do your best to show your appreciation, she's clearly miffed from earlier.

"Yeah, I know..." You make a mental note to make this up to her when the opportunity pops up.

Stopping for now. Keep in mind it is now Day 3 & the other teams do things while you don't always see them.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.