[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Roaring in the Twenties
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qst/ - Quests

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: roaringtwentiesquest.jpg (66 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
roaringtwentiesquest.jpg
66 KB, 640x480
The Great War still fresh in the hearts and minds of the people, civilization pushes on encouraged by the optimistic economic trends.

Media and the popular focus has shifted to focus on Actors and Actresses, Hollywood has become the locus of film in the world. Baseball has seen a great rise as well with stadiums being erected all over the United States and baseball stars becoming household names.

The enactment of prohibition has seen a rise in alcohol related crime including the bootlegging and smuggling of alcohol, organised crime in general seems to be coming into a golden era.

A thrilling and vibrant age of new culture and fashion has swept the populous as well. The rise of jazz, the commercial distribution of automobiles and the sale of the Television.

Right now is the time to be alive, what part will you play in this fast paced era?

>A barman put out of business by prohibition now trying to break into the smuggling and bootleg business.
>An aspiring gang member of one of the Chicago families.
>An actor/actress who is looking to really start making it big in the industry
>An officer of the Chicago police determined to make your mark on the corrupt city one way or another
>A prohibition agent tasked with hunting down smugglers and bootleggers
>A Jazz singer working at the local club just trying to make ends meet and maybe move up in the world
>A visitor from outer space disguised as a human trying to fit into a white collar life.

3 votes make the choice.
>>
>>335131
>An officer of the Chicago police determined to make your mark on the corrupt city one way or another
>>
>>335131
>A barman put out of business by prohibition now trying to break into the smuggling and bootleg business.
>>
>>335131
>A visitor from outer space disguised as a human trying to fit into a white collar life.
>>
if we want to get the ball rolling lets go with one of the the three.

>>
>>335162
>>
>>335162
>one of the three
>posts two options
>>
>>335166
>>335162
Rip
I meant this

My bad
>>
>>335167
I'll vote for this
>>
>>335162
>>An officer of the Chicago police determined to make your mark on the corrupt city one way or another
>>
It's your first day on the job in the Chicago police department.

Fresh faced and ready to do some good for the city you stroll through the precinct: Station No. 2 on West Randolph Street near Des Plaines Street. you walk towards the captains office, the officers on desk duty barely offer you a glance.

The nameplate reads: "Charles Bolton" you clasp the doorknob and give a brief knock, "Yes, what is it? get in here" comes a bellow that fills the station. upon entering you are almost surprised to see the captain to think that the prior sound could come from such a short and portly man seemed wrong. This contrast was made even more apparent when the lieutenant who appeared to be discussing station maintenance with the Captain turned and offered you a greeting in a small voice. The lieutenant in question stood tall and although somewhat husky was muscular as well.

"Ahh you must be the new blood" the sweaty man commented as he bit into a doughnut.
"Welcome I see that you already have your uniform, your gun and badge are ready to be collected." even at room level, the man's voice still boomed "you'll be assigned to the homicide unit as no doubt you're probably aware that there are no shortage of cases for the unit."

you notice just how much paperwork fills the office. "Well if that's all you needed, you can head to homicide and Officer Ronald will inform you of your duties."

>Head to homicide to find Ronald.
>go collect your gun and badge.
>take a look around the precinct before getting to work.
>>
>>335447
>go collect your gun and badge.
then
>Head to homicide to find Ronald.
>>
Heading down to the armoury, you notice more and more the lazy energy of the station Inboxes are overflowing while the owner reclines in their chair.

You greet the bored looking man at the desk stating your name, he briefly checks his notes before standing without a word and exiting the room. You stand bewildered at the action unable to respond you simply freeze and before you've recovered the man enters the room again holding your badge and gun, as you equip the holster he hands you a pen to sign for the equipment. You attach your badge to a visible position on your belt and thank the armoury officer he gives a grunt in return.

You walk out and toward the door marked homicide you immediately notice upon entering, a gangly man with curly ginger hair. He has an almost rodent like face, sharp and pointed. He notices you, briefly grimacing before offering a more appropriate welcoming smile.

"You must be John, new guy right?, yeah of course you are" his voice is firm but high pitched compared to that of the captain. "That's right" you respond. Ronald gives a nod of approval and begins pacing a little
"First things first, I'm sure you're aware of the task that we perform here in homicide. As uniformed police officer you be going to crime scenes securing the area and maintaining order. Do you think you can handle that?"
"Yes sir", a few other officers are looking you up and down.
"Well good, we've just had a call and even though we're throwing you in the deep end, I'm going to get you to go out on it with O'leary." You glance to your left and right and see an older man with blonde greying hair raise his eyebrows and in gravelly voice say "Welcome aboard kid"

O'Leary stands up and the two of you begin to walk towards the entrance of the precinct. The sun warms your face as you exit onto the street and you follow O'Leary to the one of the precincts police cars. "Where are we heading."
"A body's been found dumped in alleyway looks like it's the work of one of the local gangs."

>head straight to the scene of the crime
>inquire if the two of you could stop for a doughnut on the way
>inspect your gun while in transit
>>
>>335595
>>
>>335595
>>
>>335595
>>
>>335595
>>
>>335595
>>
Heading straight to scene of the crime a small cluster of people have the gathered around the scene. O'Leary and yourself disperse them, you greet the other officers at the scene and begin crowd control.

The body is a mess, riddled with bulletholes but apparently shot elsewhere. Another police car arrives and out slides a man clad in a bespoke black suit, he approaches the scene and flashes his badge. The detective crouches down and begins examining the body.

You feel like you maybe able to discover some clues about the murder from the crime scene however it might be best to just stay at your post.

>investigate the scene discreetly [write-in] (1d20)
>continue at your post
>ask the detective if there were any witnesses to the dumping
>>
>>336946
Ask if there were any witnesses
>>
>>336946
>>ask the detective if there were any witnesses to the dumping
>>
Leaving the perimeter of the scene you approach the detective, you notice more than just his suit everything about the man seems expensive, from his wristwatch to his shoes.

He introduces himself as Harry Mantle, you mention that you recall not seeing him at station when you were getting briefed by Ronald.
"A personal errand, now what can I help you with?" His voice is a smooth as his suit, you motion toward a window above the alleyway.
"maybe there was a witness to the dumping?"
"sure go ahead go take a few statements if you can." Nodding you leave, making your way through the scene and exiting back onto the street you head up to the apartment building which overlooks the alley. Making your way up the stairs you pause for a second reaching for your notepad before continuing you are welcomed by a tiny and dank corridor, you opt to ask at the door closest to the scene of the crime. A woman answers your knock, looking you up and down she motions for you to come inside. "I can't say I didn't expect this but I'm not really sure what to tell you, I don't think I saw or heard anything", a small woman she shifts uncomfortably on her chair the apartment like the corridor is small and somewhat mangy. It seems to you that maybe she's hiding something but your not sure what approach to take.

>try and press her for more answers
1d20
>ask to look around the apartment and investigate the window
>accept her response and try a neighbor
>leave altogether and return to the scene of the crime
>>
Try to press her for an awnser
Cmon let's roll a crit
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>337601
Ask her if she knows of anything out of the ordinary happening lately in the local area. Anything we might be interested in.
>>
Roaring in the 20s
Its a new way of life for me
Im just roaring in the 20s
Come on baby roar to me
We are roaring in the 20s
Yes i wanna know
yes i wanna see
>>
You attempt to press her further for answers but her lips are sealed tight, sighing you ask her to look around she directs to the window but blocks the path to the rest of the apartment. You look out over alleyway at the crime scene below. The body is being moved and most of the crowd has dispersed, the window is the perfect vantage point however, you look somewhat sadly toward the woman. Thanking her, you exit the apartment back in the corridor there are a few more options for investigation, you expect the witness who discovered the body has already been interviewed, maybe you could ask about the officer who conducted that about them.

>Knock on some of the other doors in the corridor
>Investigate more at the scene of the crime
>Try and find the officer who interviewed the discoverer of the body
>>
>>337937
>Knock on some of the other doors in the corridor
>>
>>337937
>>Try and find the officer who interviewed the discoverer of the body
>>
Rolled 9, 2 = 11 (2d20)

>>337992
>>338242
>>
Knocking on some other doors down the corridor things seem to be go the same way as the first house, people will offer as little as necessary to satisfy your questions and then try and send you on your way.

The whole situation reeks of fear, you know that there is a reason why everyone is clamming up but you're not going to let it stop you. Once you have interviewed the other three apartments overlooking the alley, you begin to despair just a little. as you walk towards the stairway you feel a presence behind you and a small wrinkled hand grasps your sleeve. The old lady pulls you into her apartment, glancing around the corridor.

"It's the gang you know, most often they're here tomorrow every week on Tuesdays."she whispers sharply at you although the pair of you are the only ones in the apartment.
"which gang do you mean ma'am"
"the Saltis–McErlane gang, busting in here extorting people for money" the woman has worked herself up into a fit of rage. you place a hand on her shoulder in an effort to calm her down and write down the rest of what she has to say.

Notes:
The Saltis–McErlane
Joe Sertanski, at the restaurant down the road from the apartment building
tomorrow night, extortion night

>Search the crime scene
>try and find Joe
>wait until tomorrow night for the gang to arrive (with or without backup)
>regroup with O'Leary
>>
>>338507
>regroup with O'Leary

We're still the young blood, best to check in with our mentor, if O'Leary is down though

>try and find Joe
>>
Heading down the stairs and out of the apartment building, you spot O'Leary leaning against a fire hydrant. You catch each other up, "I must say i was concerned about you but its good you could take the initiative." you tell him about the people you interviewed and the old lady, he isn't exactly surprised but agrees that the two of you should try and find Joe. According to him telling the higher ups about the protection bracket won't make a damn bit of difference about it and it'll all get covered in red tape. Apparently Joe will be at the restaurant tonight at 6pm O'Leary offers to come but maybe it would be best to go alone because you won't be recognised as easily then again if things get hairy O'Leary would be good to have around.

>go alone tonight
>get O'Leary to come with you
>write in

sorry to anyone actually interested in this bit sick atm and have had work and stuff so not many updates
>>
>>340855
>get O'Leary to come with you
>>
>>340855
>>go alone tonight
>>
>>340855
>go alone tonight
>>
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
If a post contains illegal content, please click on its [Report] button and follow the instructions.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need information for a Poster - you need to contact them.
This website shows only archived content and is not affiliated with 4chan in any way.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 1XVgDnu36zCj97gLdeSwHMdiJaBkqhtMK