[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Audit Quest Chapter 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qst/ - Quests

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 110
File: Audit Cast.png (2 MB, 1897x2873) Image search: [Google]
Audit Cast.png
2 MB, 1897x2873
My name is Mary.

I now own a dungeon.

Not by choice, mind you. I was forced into this when the previous owner placed a curse on me after I tried to audit him. Now I'm the ruler of this place until my asshole of a boss decides to send someone to free me from the curse.

So, anywhere between a month and forever.

But I'm trying to make the most of it while I'm here.

It's tiring, though. And I am literally up to my neck in slime.
>>
>>326352
Hell yes, audit quests back!
>>
File: 1.png (22 KB, 667x857) Image search: [Google]
1.png
22 KB, 667x857
>>326352
The dungeon itself is really starting to pick up. The reviews coming in have been good and we've pretty much doubled it's size.

The only thing that's an issue right now is we now have a proper final boss but nowhere to put it in. So, we'll have to save up to get a final boss room and in the meantime put Curi in the dance room still. We have a token system set up now but no shop.

Here are our assets.

G:340
Runes: 13
Mana: 41
Staff: 5
Army: 14

Runes-
Water:1
Fancy:2
Stone:1
Comfy:0
Explode:1
Sword:1
Metal:1
Wood:1
Container:0
Fist:-
Cloth:2
Magic:0
String:0
Fire: 1
Mind: 2
Oil: 1

===Items===
Chests: G10
Food: Good- G10, Excellent- G20

===Basic Units===
Builder: Can build rooms. Can also construct hallways for the dungeon and fill any space with basic traps. G-500 BOUGHT
Cook: Cooks food. Boosts morale for other units. G-200 (Kitchen Required) BOUGHT
Dungeoneer: Builds magical traps and manages the Army. Can also infuse demons with more runes. G-300 (Barracks required)

===Advance Units===
Archiver: Upgrade to Librarian. Can transmute runes. G-800 (Note: If five unique runes are fused together the price drops by 200 each time.)
(More to be unlocked)

===Basic Rooms===
Kitchen: G-200 BOUGHT
Barracks: G200 BOUGHT
Empty Room: G50
Treasure Room: G100

===Advance Rooms===
Mini-Boss Room: G100
Final Boss Room: G1000
False Final Boss Room: G500 (Must contain a trap of some kind)
Trapped Room: G75 (Requires Builder)
Magical Trap: G100 (Requires Dungeoneer)
False Wall: G25 (Requires Dungeoneer)

Note: Rooms are furnished with the bare minimum. They can be enhanced with runes.

===Demon Summons===
Unlocked:
Slime: 1 Water Rune
Big Slime: 2 Water Runes
Royal Jelly: 1 Fancy 1 Water
Comfy Slime: 1 Comfy 1 Water
Mud Slime: 1 Water 1 Earth
Explodey: 1 Water 1 Explode
String Slime: 1 Water 1 String
Cloth Slime: 1 Cloth 1 Water
Plant Slime: 1 Wood 1 Water
Psion Slime: 1 Psion 1 Water
Oil Slime: 1 Water 1 Oil
Magic Slime: 1 Water 1 Magic

Curi, Mother of Slimes: 5 Water

Ice Elemental: 2 Water

Mimic: 1 Container

Cleric Plant: 1 Comfy 1 Fancy 1 Wood

==Miniboss==
Royal Slime Knight: 1 Water 1 Fancy 1 Sword 1 Metal

===Spells===
Unlocked:
Audit: Takes 1 item from target. 20 Mana
Calculate: Tells the worth of target. 10 Mana
Multiply: Temporarily creates a copy of an object. 20 Mana
Bankrupcy: Target loses all items. 100 Mana
Summon Lawyers: Summons a lawyer to distract target. 20 Mana.
>>
>>326352
Welcome back!
>>
>>326352
How come we don't have any flat runes?
>>
File: 2.png (123 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
2.png
123 KB, 700x500
>>326358
God.
I never wanted a manager position.

I'm glad to be my own boss and all but...
Managing all this... It's tiring. I'm tired.

"Excuse me, Boss?" The Demonologist appears with a clipboard. "I was wondering if you had some time to go over potential earnings for the next quarter."

bleeeeeeeeh.....
>>
>>326363
You've only got a month to turn a profit! Besides, don't you like any of the slimes or the staff members?
>>
>>326363
>bleeeeeeeeh.....
Why don't you go have a nap with a few comfy slimes?
>>
>>326363
No, you don't.

It's been nonstop work since you got here. You need a break or you're going to snap! It's time for rest and relaxation! (You'd take a vacation, but you can't leave).
>>
>>326358
Wasn't there a carpenter option to half room costs available? Or was I mistaken.

Glad that we're back though. Have so many ideas to improve the dungeon right now. But will wait and see first.
>>
>>326363
We could probably earn twice of whatever that'll be if we simply turned this into a whorehouse.
>>
>>326363
Mary, have we gotten the photoshoot for the Demonologist Dakimakura done yet?
If not, tell Demonologist she has to finish that first before we can go over potential earnings.
>>
>>326363
As an aside, could we make a "Dark Link" type slime that copies the abilities of the enemy party?
I have such fond memories of the Water temple from Ocarina of Time.
>>
>>326363
Treasure Room+Fancy+Wood for token shop room?
>>
>>326363
Ask her how we have profit predictions of the next quarter. You've only had like 6 people in your dungeon. that's not enough to estimate trends.

Plus it's only been a few days, what sort of quarters are we working on here?
>>
Once we get an Oil rune, one more Fancy rune and two more Water runes, let's put a water and a fancy in Lily, and make a massage oil slime with oil, water, and fancy.
>>
>>326363
We need monsters to do this stuff for us. Delegation is the key to good management. You don't need to know/do crap. You just need to know who in your company knows what and BAM the company runs itself for the most part.
I still want to do something with Cloth or Metal or Mind...
Also I can't do fish facts here. Should I do something else?
>>
>>326363
Ohhhh Demonologist. I always have time for you. You're just the best. Lay it on me, salami.
>>
>>326388
Slime facts?
>>
File: THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT.png (188 KB, 654x491) Image search: [Google]
THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT.png
188 KB, 654x491
"But now it's a 4-2 ballgame in favor of Brooklyn. But the Giants have the tying run at second base, and Thompson is to hit next."

"Bobby Thompson, up there swinging."

"Branca throws! There's a long drive! It's gonna be, I believe! ... The Giants win the pennant! The Giants win the pennant! The Giants win the pennant! The Giants win the pennant! Bobby Thomson hits into the lower deck of the left-field stands! The Giants win the pennant and they're going crazy! They're going crazy!

I don't believe it! I don't believe it! I do not believe it! Bobby Thomson hit a line drive into the lower deck of the left-field stands and this blame place is going crazy! The Giants! Horace Stoneham has got a winner! The Giants won it by a score of 5 to 4, and they're picking Bobby Thomson up, and carrying him off the field!
>>
>>326363

Mary, henceforth all meetings will be held in the spa room. What I'm saying is, build a spa room.
>>
>>326385
water+oil+comfy for massage oil slime.

Although while a theme is nice and all, we could use more variety once in a while. Let's see what mind+explode makes.
>>
>>326363
How's my favorite dungeon overlord? Besides tired, I mean.

Cuddle the slime girl behind you, she looks worried about you. And think about making the staff some recreational facilities. This includes you; you look burned out, woman!
>>
>>326402
No. Plant Cleric shall be the only non-slime in our dungeon.
>>
>>326419
You say that while we have ice elementals since the start.
>>
>>326419
Nah. We need more non-slimes. We need to branch out.
For one, slime weaknesses are well known.
For two, it's boring.
>>
>>326400
>>326363

Send out librarian to get a pillow and some more of that oil (40 gold). Turn that into comfy, fancy, oil slime, maybe with a wood rune if we can manage, and then build yourself a spa. Come on, you deserve it.
>>
>>326410
Yeah, she always looks so glum. Seems like a critical headpat deficiency.
>>
>>326419
And the mimic.
>>
>>326419
We also have an ice elemental and a mimic, anon.
>>
>>326428
They can go and stay go.
>>
File: Mimic-Dark-Souls-3.jpg (72 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
Mimic-Dark-Souls-3.jpg
72 KB, 650x366
>>326426

We need fist runes for mimic-chan, like all of the fist runes.
>>
>>326395
What am I supposed to do? There's only so much one can say about slimes.
>>
>>326434
Nay, we need comfy runes in our mimic! Trap them with the comfy!
>>
>>326434
The most punchy of mimics. One Punch Mimic!
>>
>>326441
Just make Comfy-chan the second and stick her in the Mimic.
>>
>>326434
>>326441
Are we still going to try and summon an Avatar/Aspect of Lady Sluttony? Because I think we need one.

Also, Lolidragon.
>>
We have fist runes?

I mean, they exist at least, right? We could make a fist slime?
>>
>>326452
What, she pilots it from the inside like a mecha? And grabs people when they first open it?
>>
>>326454
We totally should. She'd enjoy the slimes.
>>
>>326363
Considering the hair over one eye, is that slime Curi?
Wow, we're making the queen slime worry enough to look not queenly at all.
>>
>>326441
>>326434
I have an idea for a Mimic miniboss
Basically, it's some sort of metallic slime that looks like a little mountain of gold
If we're still going with the Royal theme I think it would fit, maybe the guardian of the Treasure Room?
>>
>>326470
It's the oil slime
>>
>>326470
might be mini-curi
>>
>>326457
No, more like she has a symbiotic relationship with him, by making the mimic's victim's more lethargic when he shoves them in his mouth.
>>
>>326475
Well shit, I actually really like that idea.
Maybe make it an optional boss, in a room immediately following a boss, on a side path? So it's more likely to trick people and all.

Also have a chest mimic right in front of the hoard so people don't realize the hoard itself IS a slime mimicking a hoard
>>
File: 3.png (103 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
3.png
103 KB, 700x500
>>326375
Whoops.

*===Advance Units===
Archiver: Upgrade to Librarian. Can transmute runes. G-800 (Note: If five unique runes are fused together the price drops by 200 each time.)
Carpenter has been unlocked. This will halve the price for all rooms. Costs G300
Chef has been unlocked. Cooks food better. G100.
(More to be unlocked)
===

Fixed. See? This is what happens when you're too tired.

>>326372
They're comfy at first but then I wake up feeling all slimey. A temporary comfy, at best.

>>326368
Oh, no. They're all great. It's just... I can kinda understand why my boss is the way he is? It's either be nonchalant or just die from the pressure.

>>326374
I do need a rest or something.

>>326377

>>326378
I am still really on the fence about that kinda thing.

>>326379
I'm not sure I understand what you're referring to.

>>326383
"What's the length of our quarters?"

"Well, it's broken up into two for the year."

"It's been 4 days."

"Yes but I feel that-"

"I appreciate your enthusiasm. Truly, I do. But, I am exceedingly tired. So... If we could just... Hold off on this for now."

"Of course, understood."

>>326385
I thought we agreed to keep lily pure for those fancy runes? We'll have to make another slime for that.

>>326388
True. But right now it's on me.

>>326400
>>326410
>>326424
... A spa, huh? Yeah. I could go for something like that. And we wanted that later on, huh? Hmm... If we buy an empty room and infuse it with some runes...
Yeah, I think we can-

"Hey, Boss." The Dungeoneer walks up to Mary and places a hand on her shoulder.

"Dungeoneer?"

"Couldn't help but notice you're looking absolutely beat."

"Yeah. I'm a bit tired."

"Yeah, running a dungeon can do that. You know, you can delegate your abilities to others. Like if you wanna leave someone in charge of building, or making minions, or making demons, or working with the runes. You know, stuff like that. Take some of the tension off of you."
>>
>>326490
Plot twist:
Whole treasure room is full of mimics
>>
>>326490
Since theres no gold rune, maybe a slime that looks like gems would be better.
Some kind of Shiny Slime?
>>
>>326494
Give demo control over minion and demon management for now while you take a nap in the unholy nap room.
>>
>>326494
Let Librarian take care of the runes for now, less work for you!
>>
>>326494
If you give her control of minion creation she is totally going to go overboard with it. Probably not a good idea.
>>
>>326511
Last time that happened, Jeffrey happened
>>
File: Fio6Img.png (189 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
Fio6Img.png
189 KB, 700x500
>>326494
>I am still really on the fence about that kinda thing.
Mary, nothing too lewd. Not asking anyone to go full spread. But like, maybe Demonologist with her sweatshirt zipper down and showing some skin.
It'll make the adventurers crazy. They'll want it! and then we make it harder to get, so they'll want it more because it'll be a status symbol. Trust me, adventurers like collecting things like that. The only thing they'd like more are vanity pets that do absolutely nothing but follow them and look cute and riding mounts.
They will literally do anything, pay anything, for a rare riding mount.

Also, how did Lily enjoy her quest with THE LEAGUE OF LILY~ to save the multiverse? Did she have fun?
>>
>>326504
Transmute metal rune, combine with slime?
>>
>>326494
>I thought we agreed to keep lily pure for those fancy runes? We'll have to make another slime for that.
Sorry, I didn't say it right. Basically, improve Lily with a water and a fancy, and make a brand new slime for the oil, water, and fancy.
>>
>>326494
>I'm not sure I understand what you're referring to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZe0r1rHg4Y
You know, dark link. Seems appropriate
>>
>>326494
Can we give Oily another Oil rune so she's less gloomy? Right now she's the only sad looking slime on the roster!
>>
>>326494
Look, I know I just said that but dun fall for it!
>>
>>326358
So did we actually find a Metal and Sword rune somewhere or is that an oversight? Cause I thought we burned all of those on Slime Knight.

If we do have them though let's make some basic slimes off of them and give Slime Knight some squires.

>>326494
If it makes it easier on you go for it. I'm sure they know what they're doing.
>>
>>326522
How about headpats? Nothing wrong with headpats.
>>
>>326542
That too! Give headpats to all the slimes!
>>
>>326494

Does the chef make better food for the same price? Or does he just have the ability to make more expensive food?

As for the room, I guess fancy, comfy?
>>
>>326494
I sense danger. Don't put anyone in charge of spending money or runes, only the gathering of them.
>>
>>326494
Well, I don't see why we can't have some help in working with runes or helping generate items. Especially if we're going to be getting involved with a shop.

That said, so long as we're allowed to make final calls, especially for big things like bosses, mini bosses, etc. I don't see why we couldn't ease the burden off our shoulders a little.
>>
>>326548
Except for Curie.

Curie headpats US.
>>
>>326566
We should put Lily in charge of spending money and runes.
>>
>>326566
We just have to give them the restriction of not using runes on their own that we haven't gotten to self-replenish yet.
Gold, yes. We're in control of that.

Just had a thought. Did we get the same Builder as mr Bones did? Considering the dorf asked where "my pillars" are, and was generally quite fowl. Or is that just stuff shared between all of them?
>>
File: DungeonMap.png (21 KB, 667x857) Image search: [Google]
DungeonMap.png
21 KB, 667x857
Posting layout suggestion again, since it's a not-finished thread now.
>>
>>326638
I'd back this layout
Plus, that explodey/treasure room off to the right could be changed into another miniboss room. Maybe that treasure hoard mimic slime that anons thought up earlier?
>>
>>326522
Oil and water don't mix. She's an abomination. Cute tho!
>>
>>326653
This is a good point. Oil is its own liquid, and we'd probably get another type of slime from oil by itself.
We should do that.

>>326647
We need more filler rooms before we add yet another boss.
We have two out of nine as actual mini/boss fights, and three of nine with mini/boss monsters.
Then we have Cleric who's effectively a hidden boss themself, even if mechanically not.
>>
File: 4.png (110 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
4.png
110 KB, 700x500
>>326558
... According to my notes he just makes better food?
So, not something that's needed immediately.

>>326566
>>326570
Hmm..

"Alright, sure. But, if it would be anything too strong or a rune we haven't gotten to self replenish yet then you can't mess with it."

"What? But... That leaves me with, like... Single rune monsters! That's no fun!"

"That's the most I can do for now, sorry. Now, if you'll excuse me..."

>>326522
>>326653
>>326674
>Mary is about to go talk to the Builder when she sees the Oil Slime. It sorta burbles but not even happily. It just does.

>It looks like it's about to fall apart any second. She goes up to it and is about to headpat but decides against it.

Yeah, this just makes me sad.

I could add another oil rune.

Unless you guys have a better idea?
>>
>>326703
Quickly add an oil rune before she falls apart!
>>
>>326703
Probably another slime rune? More slime to hold the oil. Since oil doesn't stick together that well compared to slime.
>>
>>326703
Please add another oil rune, don't let that thing fall apart.
>>
>>326703
>>326703
Add another oil rune!
Also 1 fancy rune to give her some self-confidence
>>
>>326703
Do we have soap rune? It could help her bind well.
>>
>>326703
Its existence is an abomination, like Oil and Water!

But seriously, help the poor thing, its not like we Need oil runes anyways.
>>
>>326703
Add a fire rune. She will explode in happiness.
>>
>>326703
If she falls apart... with she split into a pure water and a pure oil slime?
Or will she disintegrate?
We should talk to Dungeoneer.

>>326716
Water and oil are about equal at surface tension, and oil is better at adhesion than water.
>>
>>326703
Put another oil in her, then spend some time with her to make her feel better.
>>
>>326703
If we had a comfy rune, add that to make it a massage oil slime.
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-01+at+07.29.31).jpg (107 KB, 777x509) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-01+at+07.29.31).jpg
107 KB, 777x509
*Happy slime noise*

Explodey Dating VN:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/oa9ig1163vcx0yv/Explodey_Quest-1.0-all.zip
>>
>>326703
You know, you CAN get oil and water to mix, you just need to, y'know, shake it up a bit like vinegarettes.

Or add an emulsifier. Dunno which rune would do that though
>>326720
Fancy would! Fancy runes hold things together, totally
>>
>>326726
What we really need is some sort of emulsifier for her. Maybe we could ask the chef for some raw eggs?
>>
>>326746
So Egg runes, then?

BRILLIANT!
>>
>>326741 >>326746
Monstergirls, even slimes, are more complex than basic liquids.

We should ask for Dungeoneer's advice first, considering this is her expertise in a very literal way.
>>
>>326494
>quarter
>twice a year
>4 days long
Forget the thing in the basement. We know the REAL monster here.
>>
>>326753
Or a Soap rune.
>>
>>326757
>Slimes
>Complex
Just grab some eggs from the kitchen, and throw them at her. What's the worst that could happen?
>>
>>326703
I think the problem is oil and water don't mix. If we want to generate oil runes we'll want to make a pure oil slime probably. Try that before adding more oil to her. Honestly if you want to stabilize an oil-water creature you'll want to add something like... cloth.
>>
>>326703

Feed her dish soap for right now. It stabilizes the equilibrium between oil and water. I still don't know why you made her oil and water rather than just oil. Oil would probably still make a slime.
>>
>>326638
This may be a good future layout right now, if we used Curi in that boss room later, seal off the bonus boss, it could naturally lead into future expansions.

For now, I'm fine with it as is.

I'm more interested in improving things like the Lily puzzle and expanding on the catapult puzzle for when we have more than one adventurer.

Lily Puzzle should be that food idea that was talked about last thread, where the adventurer has to offer up 3 pieces of food from a table of 6-12. Seems like a cheap puzzle to maintain when we get more profitable.
>>
File: 5.png (77 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
5.png
77 KB, 700x500
>>326757
>>326726
>Mary calls the Dungeoneer over and asks her her advice on what to add to the Oil Slime.

"Oh, yeah." The Dungeoneer says, "She's not too happy. Slimes keep themselves together by force of will. When they're one or two runes it already takes a lot of their mental power. That's why they get smarter the more runes they get. But because she's from two clashing runes it's just... Alright, so for the next oil creature I would use pure oil. Now, for her... Adding more runes should help. I wouldn't add another oil rune since without a water base she won't be a slime anymore. We could add a water rune to make her more solid.

We could also go with fancy runes. An extra rune will make it so she has to devote less power to keeping whole.

Could also go with comfy.

Maybe even Comfy, Water, Fancy. That could make a very nice smelling and fancy oil slime. Extra water to keep them together, too.

In the future I would watch out when you mix runes that are normally considered opposite. Like, don't mix fire and wood."
>>
>>326703
If we have a fire rune, we could turn it into napalm slime.
>>
>>326703
Maybe add a Comfy rune to ease her eternal torment?
Wait, but then we'd have less Oil runes. All options are lose/lose.
>>
File: Explodey_Skeptical.png (49 KB, 300x600) Image search: [Google]
Explodey_Skeptical.png
49 KB, 300x600
>>326738
Also, this is a legit actual VN with Explodey.

In case anyone thinks it's just a random thing. I made it myself.
>>
>>326826
>Comfy, Water, Fancy
Do it
>>
File: AuditRefs3.png (1 MB, 1700x1700) Image search: [Google]
AuditRefs3.png
1 MB, 1700x1700
>>326352

Oooh, added cast members. We need to get on updating that.

After all, we want this dungeon to be known far and wide as having the fullest chests.
>>
>>326826
Are we really doing it?
ADD A COMFY, WATER AND FANCY RUNE!
>>
>>326826
I'd normally say Comfy, but we need a comfy elemental to mass produce comfy runes. So for now I'm leaning towards another water rune.
>>
>>326826
No comfy. We have enough comfy already.
>>
>>326826
Add comfy, water and fancy to it. Check results.
>>
Note that adding three runes would make her a Boss Monster.
Two would make her a mini-boss monster.
>>
>>326826

Eh. Sure, Comfy, Water, Fancy. We need a masseuse
>>
>>326826
Comfy + Water
Shoot for that massage slime
>>
>>326826
Oh right, masseuse slime. Fancy, Water, and comfy, then. ...wait wouldn't that be another 5 rune monster? Eh I'm sure it'll be fine.
>>
>>326826
>Comfy, Water, Fancy
Do it!
>>
>>326853

Doesn't matter if she isn't fighting
>>
>>326853
The Spa Boss
>>
>>326826
Sure, Comfy, Water, Fancy her up!

We can make her our new masseuse for the spa!
>>
>>326826
Lets just go with a water rune for now. And see where that leads us.
>>
I wonder, do we have a way to spread rumors about the dungeon? Maybe with secret hidden messages in remote corners of the dungeon?

We should totally spread a rumor about a secret lewd slime room.
>>
>>326905
We could add a mystery third lever to the Lily Lever Lounge. No one's ever seen her pull it, so no one knows what it does.
It probably doesn't do anything.
>>
>>326905
Just leave tons of rumors on how to get weird stuff
>If you jump in the comfy slime pit, and swim down, you can get to the comfy level!
>If you befriend the Cleric plant in the center room, you can enter the secret room full of lily slimes!
>If you kill the slime knight without attacking the lily slime, you can swear loyalty to her and get unique Slime Knight armor!
>If you solve the lily lever puzzle in a certain way, she pulls a third lever, granting you access to the lewd lily room!
>>
>>326826
Why not all of them?
>>
>>326938
We should totally make a secret room you know.
Right on one of the walls in the comfy slime pit.

Inside there is a door that's locked and doesn't really lead anywhere yet, but it looks really fancy.
>>
the spa will be up or down for the cleric plant room, will be a door that leads to the spa proper with a booth outside selling merch. get a bloops plushie that burbles when you hug it.
>>
So I forget, is it possible to make monsters with more than 5 runes? Or am I thinking of what happened with the Lily Knight fusion?
>>
>>326961
I'd always back a random door that literally leads nowhere. Adventurers would go insane trying to open it.

Put one in the lily lever room, make the door using 3 Fancy runes, and a mimic rune or however it is we make them
>>
File: 6.png (77 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
6.png
77 KB, 700x500
>>326513
Yeah... I don't know... We'll see.

"Alright, Dungeoneer, let's try the Water Comfy, and Fancy."

>The Dungeoneer looks very excited and picks up Oil Slime to put her in the fusion pot. She grabs the runes needed and begins fusing them together, making the once weak Oil Slime a powerful 5 Rune beast.

>There is a flash of light and a bang.

>A new Boss Level Monster is here.

>She is... The Spa Slime.

1/2
>>
>>326990
Yeeee boy
>>
>>326990
I don't like the sound of that 1/2
>>
>>326990
She's going to need a name. I propose Oilivia.

She can be the head attendant of the spa, with a horde of other helpful slimes as her underlings/additional treatments. Mud Bath Slime, Masseuse Slime, Seaweed Wrap Slime, etc.

And if anything, that would help us out if we get another Bulk Wizard v Plant Cleric situation.
>>
>>326990
Tug on her towel
>>
>>326990
Can we please stop making boss monsters we don't have boss rooms for?
>>
>>326990
Ask her if she feels better now.

We are a caring overlord.
>>
>>327015
Apparently not, for some forsaken reason.
>>
>>327015
Never!
>>
>>327015
We can still use them at reduced strength.
>>
>>327015
We don't need boss rooms for non combatants.
>>
>>327015
You act like you don't want every slime to be happy.
>>
>>326841
The mini chests on the mimic killed me.
>>
>>327015
>not wanting to make all the slimes happy
>>
File: spaslime2.png (79 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
spaslime2.png
79 KB, 700x500
>>326990
Praise it.
>>
File: 7.png (25 KB, 667x857) Image search: [Google]
7.png
25 KB, 667x857
>>326990
>>326612
It looks like we've got the same Builder. Everyone is the same so far.

>>326638
I really really really like who this looks. The layout is so much more dynamic.

"How are you feeling..." >>327010 "Oilivia?"

"Much better now. My every waking moment is a struggle to remain a part of this world. I feel like I can finally breathe."

"... That's good!"

I feel really bad about that.

"Alright," Mary says, "You're gonna be running the spa. But first-"

>Mary goes to find the Builder. She asks him if he can make a Spa that connects upstairs from the Cleric Plant room.

>He says he can do it for 50 Gold and some runes. Mary has to wait a bit for them to generate but she has the resources for it.

I wanted to rest but it seems like I have to work to rest first, huh?

Alright, so I think I'll have him rearrange the rooms like so and add the Spa Room for Oilivia. How does this look, guys?
>>
>>327045
Looks good! Finalize it and we can wait for our next Hero!
>>
>>327045
Make an oil based monster to make more oil runes before we forget and use them all! I don't know how many times Oilivia split before we fixed her.
>>
>>327045
So the super boss is locked behind 4 lever doors?
>>
>>327044
D'awww, cute!
>>
>>327045
Rest is best directly after working hard!
But yeah, everything checks out, I say good to go!
>>
>>327045
Yes, finalize, see what the next adventurers do, then get some much deserved rest.
>>
>>327045
Make sure to put in signs so that people know what each room is about.
>>
>>327045
Perfect. We may need to add spa themed monsters, like poolside slimes and floating slimes.
>>
>>327045
We should add the shop to the spa as a large wishing fountain. Then we can have our rune slimes run it and it will take care of the slime playroom dilemma.
>>
>>327045
We also need to add loot here and there since that's been the primary complaint from the adventurers.
>>
>>327065
That was my idea, and one of those levers has to be pulled by Lily.

I still suggest we need a better way to present the key to the adventures in her room.
Currently it's not even specified how the key is given. They just... get it.
>>
>>327082
We need loot to give loot. And loot requires money and/or dead adventurers.
>>
>>327083
I assumed it was dropped down like the explodeys.
>>
>>327045
That seems fair for now, we should look to expanding the spa room and making it more grandiose and populated over time. But for now, I can live with it. The store will have to be added in there eventually.

Also, seeing as Oilivia is planned to be a non combatant. For her services, 50g sound reasonable?

Also, we need to figure out about that Lily puzzle. Don't we want to do something about that?

>>327075
Agreed, "The Royal Spa" seems like what we should call Oilivia's room.

And we should still make a note that the boss room is an optional room. Maybe Plant Cleric could help.

>>327079
And the slimes I suggested >>327010 in the future. Got to get that gold generation up.

>>327082
Maybe we can get someone like Librarian to help us procure some simple items? Otherwise, we got to hope that we mulch the adventurers.
>>
>>327090
It's never been stated, and that's a pretty anticlimactic way after doing the impossible, anyway.
>>
>>327082
>>327087
Well, we have a bunch of extra Runes. We can experiment by adding together a bunch of those to make items. and if we get anythign real good we can just give them to slimes.
No matter how badly I want to make more Slime knights, So we can have the Knights of the Slime Table
>>
>>327106
Speaking of, If we added a Explode rune to Ruth's bat, would it become a Home Run Bat?
>>
>>327116
I like the way you think
>>
>>327116
First thing, though, is to give her a water rune upgrade for being such a trooper.
>>
>>327101
The lily puzzle is fine for now. She acted within acceptable parameters last time. We'll talk to her if it gets out of hand.

Just make sure there is a sign to tell the adventurers need to do.
>>
>>327116
>>327130
Most definitely. The heroes are only going to get stronger and stronger, we need to upgrade our arsenal.
>>
>>327133
yeah, instructions can only help. Its not the kind of thing you'd get just from context.
>>
>>327152
>>327133
...What does Lily slime actually like anyway? Money apparently doesnt help.
>>
>>327139
I feel we have a decent arsenal already; we just don't actually know how useful it is since not even half of our monsters have even fought.

Personally as a filler room I'd like to have a fight room against a party of our 2-rune slimes with the slimes rotated out so we can see what each of them can do.
>>
>>327130
But then we'd have to pull her out of the Little Leagues. Is she ready for the Big Leagues yet?
>>
File: 8.png (19 KB, 659x665) Image search: [Google]
8.png
19 KB, 659x665
Alright, money spent and dungeon finalized. Keys to unlock the tougher enemies, levers for the final boss.

Royal Spa is done. Oilivia will be charging G50 for her services right now.

I.... Am going to be enjoying Oilivia's services right now.

So, I'm going to hand over the reigns to someone else in my crew.

Who do you think is a good pick?
>>
>>327156
She's prideful. She'd probably do it if the adventurers stroke her ego or beg or something.
>>
>>327162
Put Curi in charge.
>>
>>327162
Librarian, or Curi
>>
>>327162
Demonologist. She seems the most logical and thoughtful with regards to what we have in mind for this dungeon.
>>
>>327162
Demonlogist. She's invested in having things running properly and she's responsible. Maybe the Librarian as a second option.

Oh, I guess Curi could work too.
>>
>>327162
Demonologist or Curi
>>
>>327162
Demonologist. She's the oldest one.
>>
>>327157
I already suggested a gauntlet room, but no one seemed interested.
>>
>>327162
Curi has innate leadership. And giant tits. Pick Curi.
>>
>>327162
Librarian
>>
>>327162
I'd say Demonologist with Curi's assistance, though Curi would be inside, making it hard to watch everything.
Haha, my edit's become the map!
>>
>>327180
A Gauntlet arena was one of the original ideas, I believe. We just kind of put it on the back burner because we need to be able to make not-square rooms first.
>>
>>327162
Librarytits
>>
>>327162
Demonologist is best choice. Lily is real best choice.
>>
>>327162
Lily
>>
>>327162
Could Oilivia split off copies of herself?

Could we invite other employees for a relaxation day?
>>
>>327162
>>327171
I'll switch to Lily. She's the real boss around here anyways.
>>
>>327162
Curi. We still need to get Demonologists measurements for the daikamura.
>>
>>327162
Demonologist.

>>327198
If Demo is in charge, we can annoy her directly until she does it.
>>
>>327189
Well, we could do it another way besides the circular area. We just make a long corridor style room, and add partitions to seperate it into sections with levers, like the Lily copy room. we put a few slimes in each section, and the adventures can either go for the lever and risk being overwhelmed by the slime crowd, or fight each group in turn, section by section.
>>
>>327201
I still love the fact that we're just a disembodied group of voices going around throwing ideas at anyone who's head we can get inside.
I still have to wonder if Mr. Bones had us to boss him around. Are we the sign of dungeon ownership?
>>
>>327201
But if she's in the spa with us, we can simply get Oilivia to measure her while she massages Demono.

Also, maybe we should start giving the unit workers names, instead of calling them by their jobs...
>>
>>327211
Their jobs are their official names, though. Giving everyone names is still a nice idea, however.
>>
>>327211
They've literally said the titles are their names.
We could give them regular names anyway though, which would be amusing to watch their reactions.
>>
>>327162
Yeah Demonologist seems like a good pick.

>>327180
I was under the impression the gauntlet plan was more for later on once we had a bunch of strong monsters to make it a viable challenge.

What I was thinking was just a basic filler room; a handful of slimes at once working together to fight off heroes. Only with the roster being changed up each time so we can see what each can do.
>>
File: 9.png (81 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
9.png
81 KB, 700x500
>Mary calls on the Demonologist.

"Yes, boss?"

"Hey, I'm gonna go rest. You're in charge of the dungeon while I'm gone."

===Admin duties temporarily passed on===

"!!!!!! M-m-m-me!?"

"Yeah. You know how it's done, right? I trust you."

"You... You really trust me..?"

"Mhmm. If something crazy happens come get me, okay?"

"You really trust me...."

"I'll be in the spa."

=====

-Demonologist is now the Dungeon Master-

!!!
I won't let her down!

1/2
>>
So while this is happening, time to bring up an old discussion from session 2.

Curi's items for when she's an actual boss. I love talking fluff for them, and maybe Mary can chime in with her thoughts.

Slime Sword - Same damage as a normal sword, but has the ability to pass through anyone trying to parry the blow or block it with a shield

Slime Crown - Secretes a slows stream of slime on the wearer upon putting it on. +3 Int, +5 Cha when dealing with all slime creatures, -1 Cha when dealing with all, %10 Fire Resistance.

Slime Swimsuit - +1 Defense, -25 Modesty, +25 'Assets' conforms to the owner's gender/bodytype

Mini Slime Core - Non-combat pet, that only requires a cup/bucket of liquid per day if brought into SlimeCrown Citadel, spawns a rare monster of some kind/causes bosses and enemies to drop more tokens

>>327211
I'm all for giving every cast member a name over time. Had some thought up for our various slimes and monsters, but we'll wait and see what happens.

>>327223
Here's hoping for a party. More fun that way.
>>
>>327223
Dawwww! You're so cute! Don't worry Demonologist, you've got this, if there's anyone in this dungeon who can take care of things besides Mary, it would be you!
>>
>>327223
Absolutely adorable. Also, Hiya boss!
>>
>>327223
DemoBridgette, make yourself a slime Rena.
>>
>>327223
Clearly the best way to impress Mary is to get started on that daki idea she kept mentioning. Something about pillows with a picture of you on them, that adventurers can get with loadsa tokens. You should do that.

And then the adventuring party arrives just as the camera finishes taking the picture and she has to rush off to go do dungeon lord things
>>
>>327223
Demologist! We need you to do us a favor. You gotta go pose kinda sexy for a prize for the dungeon. Just like zip down your sweater, show some skin and that's it.

We had some ideas draw up somewhere, but it's the best idea.
>>
>>327218
see compromise suggestion here: >>327208
>>
>>327223
Something crazy happened! Mary made you the admin, go get Mary!
>>
>>327210
I'm fairly sure we're the crown. Only the person who's wearing us can hear us it seems.
>>
>>327242
It's fine, Dungeon Masters can do that. Mr. Bones did that to Mary, which is why she's stuck here.
did we just break the curse entirely on accident?
>>
>>327248
I'm perfectly fine with us being a crown. It's only fitting.
>>
>>327250
No, Mary is still stuck here. Mr. Bones never forced Mary to be the dungeon master, he just forced her to stay in the dungeon and she was the only one qualified as a non-temp DM.
>>
>>327250
Only if Mary realizes.
>>
>>327256
Oh yeah, seems like you're right. He put one of those 100-year curses on us, seems like.
>>
File: 10.png (174 KB, 700x1000) Image search: [Google]
10.png
174 KB, 700x1000
Ah!
Uhm!

A-A p-pillow pose?
Y-yeah! I can do that! Sure!

But uhm... Let's focus on the dungeon, huh? We can't let the Boss down. Not on my very first time in charge.

>A group of Heroes is entering the dungeon, setting off The Demonologist's alarm.
>She pulls up the screen and watches as two of them make their way inside.

"Niiiice. I'm really diggin' the blue thing." The Girl says.

"Hmph. It is okay. But do not let your guard down, Golem. None have gone through this dungeon and survived. If the rumors are true a great beast awaits us at the end of this." The man says.

"Relax, Sorcerer. There's no one more suited to this dungeon than us. We can do this." The Golem replies.

>At that moment Ms. Bloops pops out of the fountain.

"Awwww~ So cute~ Sorcerer, look at this cutie."

>He's already walking away.

"Hmph. Don't mind him. He's always like this. Seeya, cutie slime."

2/3
>>
>>327281
oooh, this duo is going to be great already.
>>
>>327223
>>327230
We should take advantage of this to generate some items that Mary can equip, in case she needs to interact with adventurers again.

This would accomplish three things:
>Protect Mary from adventurers who turn nasty (remember how nervous she got about that before?). She's still kind of reluctant about turning herself into a demon for some reason, so boosting her stats through equipment is the best option.
>Serve as an advertisement for rare items that adventurers can find in the dungeon.
>Boost Mary's confidence and help her get into the role a bit more. It's a lot easier to make dramatic Dungeon Master speeches when you're wearing a cloak and giant shoulder pads. We want her to be the best Dungeon Master she can be, right?

I'm sure Mary would be happy if we did that for her.
>>
>>327281
I like these guys. Although, if the implications here are that Golemgirl is a construct of the Sorcerer, or is being controlled by him, our Ice Golem might not be much of a challenge for this pair.
>>
>>327281
>Ms. Bloops has a hat.
Demo! This is Alert Level 5! Ms. Bloops has a hat! She's not suppose to have a hat!
>>
>>327281
Is that fire on his cape? Is he the Dark Flame Master?
>>
Ms. Boops continues to be the greatest asset of this dungeon. Our cuteness factor would be way down without her.
>>
>>327313
False alarm, Anon. That's just the sorcerer walking away, positioned in a way that looks remarkably hat-like.
>>
>>327301
I agree, though I doubt she'll want to wear the Slime Crown if it does what I suggest it does...

>>327305
Yeah, we've been unlucky with those golems, every single one has been stuck with a hard counter. Only the thief really struggled. Either we have to up the difficulty, the mud slimes have to pull their weight, or we just have to hope for more bladed adventurers.
>>
>>327337
Why would she ever replace us? We're the best crown.
>>
>>327343
Double the crowns, double the power, obviously. Besides, she wore the crown with Psionic's hat on too.
>>
Oh shit. We forgot to put the closed sign on the spa.
>>
>>327352
So? I kinda want the adventurers to meet mary and just not even realise she's the dungeon master
>>
>>327352
Eh, plant can tell them not to cause a fuss if they want to use it.
>>
>>327350
Yeah, do like the ancient Egyptians do. Double crown.
>>
>>327352
Oh noes, what will happen to Mary~?
>>
>>327305
>>327337
I still support adding a Mind rune to the Ice Elemental so that it can levitate chunks of ice at people.

Speaking of which... Demonologist, are you capable of adding runes to yourself to enhance your power?
>>
File: 11.png (280 KB, 700x1500) Image search: [Google]
11.png
280 KB, 700x1500
>>327313
OH GOD!

>>327324
Oh...
Thank goodness.

>>327281
>The pair make it to the next room.

This one I always liked. Let's see how they finish it.

>The Sorcerer examines the room for a moment.

"I see. We have to leap across using that rope. I imagine the rope is trapped in some way..."

"Can you carry me across?" The Golem asks.

"No. I have to do it first normally. Who knows what kind of trap can be on it."

"C'mon~"

"No. Wait here."

>The Sorcerer leaps across, gripping the rope tightly. He easily crosses over and lands on the catapult.

"Now you try." He says.

>The Golem nods and makes the same leap. But when she grabs the rope she simply slides off of it and lands with an unusually loud thump into the slime pool. Immediately the comfy slimes begin their work and envelop her.

"I told you you should have carried me..."

"You'll be fine."

"Yeah, I know."

>She whispers something in a soft voice. Her hat closes it's eye and begins singing. Almost instantly the Comfy Slimes stop trying to drag her in and freeze in place.

>Her hat, which upon closer inspection seems to be some kind of slime, continues it's song. The comfy slimes gather beneath the Golem and begin lifting her up and out of the pool and back to the platform.

"Told you you would be fine." The Sorcerer says.

>The Golem smiles at him. She knows that the reason he didn't help her was because he was confident in her abilities.

>Her hat continues it's song. Even the Cloth Slime seems paralyzed.

Oh man...
Is this good?
I don't know...

Should I change anything in the next room?
>>
>>327355
Now I kinda want to see Sorcerer enter and just sort of attempt to James Bond his way into trying to massage Mary, with her no selling it the whole way through.
>>
>>327367
OUR DUNGEON IS GETTING CHEESED! Put Cleric Plant in attack mode and end our turn.
>>
>>327367
He has HAX!
>>
>>327367
>Magic Slime controlling hat
>Wearing it to the Slimetown Citadel

That's some metagaming bullshit right there.
>>
>>327367
Double check to make sure Lily's glass room is sound proof.

The mother of slimes should be immune to lesser slimes and should be ok.
>>
>>327367
don't change a thing We will have to wait and see what happens.
>>
>>327367
>Should I change anything in the next room?
We need a music slime to counter her hat! Quickly mix 1 water and 1 fancy rune to get one!
>>
>>327377
no, cleric plant is always nice. all that will happen with this is they breeze through the slimes and then get ganked by the grue.
>>
>>327367
Try and get our slimes to seduce/absorb/steal her hat. It's probably single use or has a cooldown anyways

Also, don't tell cleric plant to attack, let's not switch up the next room
>>
>>327367
If they enter the spa we should ask Mary to audit that hat. Our whatever the stealing spell was.
>>
>>327367
Well, have plant tell them that if they're just here for the optional boss, it's not a slime so that definitely not going to work.

Otherwise let them do what they want. If they want to cheese the place then they can cheese the place.
>>
>>327387
water and fancy makes lily slimes! we need a music rune!
>>
>>327367
Well that's not exactly fair now is it?

Lets continue as normal though, lets see how they progress through the other rooms. With that said, we'll need to see about taking out the golem, or at least, absorbing the item. If it gets really bad, call Mary.
>>
The song won't have any effect on the puzzles, hopefully, we've still got the ice elementals, but it might make the Lily/slime knight fight too easy. Instruct Lily she's to show she's a better singer than a hat. If she makes enough of a racket that should counter it.
>>
>>327367
Oh boy, we've got a slime charmer on our hands. Have Cleric Plant inform them that the bounty they seek can be found by clearing the dungeon and returning to the center room. No need to go into attack mode unless he decided to get violent with CP.
I'm interested to see how this run plays out.
>>
>>327367
Other anons are right. If they want to ruin the challenge of a slime dungeon, that's their choice.
They'll get ganked at the end regardless.
>>
>>327387
That'll just make another Lily Slime.
>>
>>327410
Depends on intent, anon.
That's how we have ice elementals.
>>
>>327408
It's not as if there are only slimes in here.
There are also
>>
>>327367
Make sure Curi doesn't have access to the key until they win the dance contest so that they actually have to do the dancing rather than mind controlling her into handing it over.
>>
>>327418
I sincerly doubt whatever Golems doing is going to be enough to subdue Queen Curi.
>>
>>327416
There is also the ice elemental and the big guy and we might be able to remote detonate explodies to make everyone unable to hear the song, kind of like flashbang.
>>
>>327418
good idea. they have to win the contests to get things.
>>
>>327367
Also, they don't get a token for not attacking Ms. Boops. They aren't attacking any of the slimes so it isn't anything special.
>>
This could be a nice chance to show what happens when you cheese.

Which is, going straight to the TRUE final boss.
>>
>>327454
Miss Psion got a token because if Ms Bloops got beat, she'd have been -gone-.
Presumably the setup has taken her enjoyment of the fountain into account now.
>>
>>327460
We still want them to complete the dungeon so they can give it a fair review. There is no VIP access here.
>>
>>327469
Hopefully so. It'd be a shame if adventures did kill her on sight, though; I'd hate for her to not consider the fountain a safe place.
On the other hand, the Fountain Room and the Rope Room are unintentionally superb, because they immediately tell us their mentalities on monster slaying and puzzle solving. Accidental genius.
>>
>>327367

In order:
> Cleric bro doesn't fight unless people are dicks
> Curi's danceoff remains as is
> Lily's bitchoff remains as is (but Explodey may need a few extra dupes)
> The ice room really should be reconfigured into a bowl at some point, but if you want to challenge them on a ramp, have the ice elemental bring up a wall of ice and pack the back of it with mud slime copies. He leaves murder holes and chucks ice through their as they approach, until they get half way and then he releases the barricade and drops an avalanche on them.
> Slimeknight's good. Just, you know, warn them about the bonus boss
>
>>
City on fire?
>>
Our beloved author may need to evacuate due to a wildfire. Please wait warmly, but not as warmly as Larro.
>>
>>327494

Oh, and I guess since this is the first time of these guys coming through, offer the spa service gratis if they choose not to fight the main boss, an added thank you for completing the dungeon.
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-01+at+10.45.59).jpg (123 KB, 779x568) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-01+at+10.45.59).jpg
123 KB, 779x568
>>327460
The True final boss?
>>
>>327500
laroo is ded now
>>
>>327500
Well, not like we could wait in any way other than warmly.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 110

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
If a post contains illegal content, please click on its [Report] button and follow the instructions.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need information for a Poster - you need to contact them.
This website shows only archived content and is not affiliated with 4chan in any way.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 1XVgDnu36zCj97gLdeSwHMdiJaBkqhtMK