[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PokeCiv Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qst/ - Quests

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
File: Pokemon Jungle.jpg (158 KB, 1152x576) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Jungle.jpg
158 KB, 1152x576
For untold generations, your people have lived in fear of the dangerous creatures that roam this land. Some can breathe fire, or shoot lightning. Your tribe has had to fight and stay on the run just to survive.

But you, the leader of your tribe, have managed to befriend a single monster. With this one step, your people have taken a great leap forward. If you can tame one of these creatures, then you can tame more. And your people will no longer have to live in fear.

>Welcome to PokeCiv. You will be playing as the leader of a prehistoric tribe in a world filled with Pokemon.

>Decide the name of your tribe and its leader.

>Choose what type of Pokemon is the one you have first befriended. It must be unevolved, and relatively small. It cannot be a fossil Pokemon, or a Pokemon that is manmade or based on a manmade object. I reserve the right to veto a suggestion if I find it unsuitable.

>Choose where your tribe currently lives, in a biome suitable to your chosen Pokemon.

>Once these first decisions are made, I'll lay out the Civ specifics.

>Remember to have fun!
>>
Marvel tribe

Leader: Marvel

Dratini
Somewhere near the coast
>>
Longarm Tribe
Leader: Asher
Starter: Cubone
Location: In caves, spidering through the walls of a deep valley.
>>
>>19621
>Hini Tribe
>Leader
Lovius
>Starter
Drowzee
>Location
Mystic forest
>>
>>19621
Color tribe
Leader: Red
Starter: Mew
>>
>>19674
support b/c cubone is most caveman poke
>>
>>19621
Safari tribe
Leader: Baoba
Starter: Zangoose or Larvesta
Biome: Plains near a forest
>>
>>19632
Me like Dratini
>>19712
Also my mew is great, if probably likely to be banned
>>
>>19674
Supported!
>>
>>19674
>this
>>
>>19621
Clay Tribe
Leader: Skullface
Starter: Noibat
>>
>>19732
Changing to
Bluesnake Tribe
Leader: Blue
Starter: Dratini
>>
>>19674
Chance into larvitar and you've got me
>>
>>19621
Leader Rockna
Starter Cubone
Location Desert Oasis
>>
>>19674
I'd switch to this if it was Larvitar instead of cubone
>>
>>19621
Darkspear Tribe
Leader:Irvin
Starter Murkrow
>>
>>19764
>>19774
I'm not at all opposed to Larvitar if everyone else who voted for mine is fine withit.
>>
>>19807
I'm not. I voted because of Cubone!
>>
>>19812
pleb taste for a pleb board.
>>
Alright, people

>A.Cubone

>B.Larvitar
>>
Tribe name : 420blazeit
Pokemon : weedle
>>
>>19824
Sticking with Cubone, then.
>>
>>19824
>B.Larvitar
>>
>>19824
>>A.Cubone
>>
>>19824
B. Larvitar
>>
>>19824
>A.Cubone
>>
>>19824
>A.Cubone
>>
File: Cubone.png (350 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
Cubone.png
350 KB, 500x354
>>19832
>>19834
>>19839
>>19881

You are Asher, leader of the Longarm tribe. Your tribe has lived in the caverns of this canyon for as long as anyone can remember. Surviving by reaching up from below to pilfer eggs from the nests of bird monsters, thus your tribe's name.

Life was but ordinary until you came across a small monster with a skull on its head. You were all too prepared to fight or flee, but the monster showed you no hostility. In fact, it looked sad. On a whim, you decided to try and cheer it up, and now it follows you loyally. Cubone is now your trusted companion.

Your tribe made a point not to stray too far, or draw too much attention, but thanks to Cubone, that may be able to change.

>Your tribe numbers: 15 people
>Your current food source: Meager: Bird Pokemon eggs
>Current Pokemon: Asher's Cubone

>A.Explore lands away from your cavern homes (Specify North or South, East and West are sheer cliffs that you cannot scale)

>B.Try to train with Cubone to discover more of its capabilities

>C.Seek out monsters near your home

>D.Look for new resources

>E.Research (Specify)

>F.Other
>>
>>19904
>>
>>19904
>E.Research Nuclear Weapons
>>
>>19904
> E Research pokemon capture nets
>>
>>19904
>F. Have others in the tribe look for new resources.
>>
>>19904
>>B.Try to train with Cubone to discover more of its capabilities
>>
>>19911
>>19926
>>19936

You decide to see how little Cubone here can help you, and you spend some time training with him.

You find that he is incredibly strong for his size, able to knock a grown man over with a headbutt, and smash rocks with a swing of his bone club. You've fought some monsters yourself, but it was always a struggle. Cubone will listen to you, and perhaps even fight at your command. Perhaps this could lead to regular hunting of some of the local monsters for their meat or other parts?

Cubone also tries to throw his bone to attack, but he seems to need more practice for that.

In the meantime, your tribesmen find a special type of stone deep in the caves. They call them Hard Stones, and think they can make great tools.

>A.Head out with Cubone to hunt monsters nearby

>B.Set up a party to join you in scouting out lands to the North or South

>C.Work on creating something (Specify)

>D.Other
>>
>>19904
>D.Look for new resources
Gotta get some dope new food with our new poke
>>
>>19999
Hard Stone spear
>>
>>19999
Start using Cubones club as a guide for our own, using wood and hardstones to make weapons.

We can use Cubone as our tribes symbol and learn club techniques from him
>>
>>19999
>A.Head out with Cubone to hunt monsters nearby
also checked
>>
>>20019
Seconded
>>
>>20010
>>20019
>>20031

Fighting monsters with your bare hands didn't tend to go ever well, and sticks weren't much better. But emulating Cubone could be they key to strengthening your tribe.

You all get to work, gathering suitable wood and shaping the Hard Stones. Eventually, you have made a dozen Hard Stone Clubs. While none of you are as powerful as Cubone, they will undoubtedly help if you have to face a monster.

All the members of your tribe are beginning to swell with confidence. They no longer seem as wary of venturing outside the caves.

>A.Get a party together to hunt

>B.Get a party together to explore

>C.Go out alone with Cubone to look for monsters

>D.Work on creating something (Specify)

>E>Other
>>
>>20068
>B.Get a party together to explore
Best to get the lay of the land before anything else imo
>>
>>20068
>Explore further. Maybe new food sources?
>>
>>20068
B
>>
Can people still join this?
>>
File: Plains.png (40 KB, 250x184) Image search: [Google]
Plains.png
40 KB, 250x184
>>20075
>>20094
>>20102

Getting a group of five to join you and Cubone, you explore South, out of the canyon. As the cliffs fall, you can see a wide open plain spread out before you.

In the distance, you can see several types of monsters roaming about, but you can't make out exactly what they are.

In the past, this was a dangerous place, to be avoided. A run-in with any of these monsters could kill you. But now it may be an opportunity.

>A.Try to hunt a monster (roll 1d20)

>B.Move about carefully, searching for a monster you could capture (roll1d20)

>C.Look for food or water sources in the area

>D.Head back

>E.Other
>>
>>20068
B
>>
>>20144
Go ahead!
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>20159
Gotta get a grass type to cover Cubones water resistance, bruh
>>
>>20159
>C. Food and resources
>>
>>20159
>C.Look for food or water sources in the area
Let's be cautious starting out. Cubone is still tiny, despite being a tough little guy, and we don't have proper weapons yet.
>>
>>20159
C
>>
>>20159
B
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>20159
>>
>>20174
>>20180
You wanna catch pokemon with no way to feed them?
>>20189
>>20192
>>
>>20192
apparently the dice agree B is the way to go
>>
>>20192
>this
>>
>>20192
>>20189
>>20180
how are we going to feed them
>>
>>20192
>this
>the dice have spoken
>>
>>20240
with a 20, whatever we are gonna catch is gonna be self sufficient as fuck
>>
>>20240
With two pokes, getting food should be no problem. I mean they knew how to get food before we found them.
>>
File: Growlithe.jpg (158 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Growlithe.jpg
158 KB, 640x480
>>20180
>>20189
>>20192

>Rolled 20: Critical Success

Your group moves carefully about, avoiding the larger creatures. You are looking for something more manageable. Another loyal monster like Cubone will lead to even more opportunity for your tribe.

After a while, you all come across a small orange four legged monster with black stripes. It is alone, and looks plenty catchable. You and the other men set up a perimeter, then you tell Cubone to attack as you all close in.

You see Cubone strike the monster with its Bone Club. It seems to be very effective against this type of monster. The creature cries its name, Growlithe, and breathes fire at Cubone! Luckily, another strike of the club has it heeling. You draw closer, and try to command the Growlithe to find that it responds positively to you. It has no trouble following your orders.

>Got Pokemon: Growlithe!

>A.Search for food and water here

>B.Head back with your new companion

>C.Hunt for other monsters

>D.Other
>>
>>20278
Let's impress everyone by bringing back both a new Poke and food
>>
>>20278
A
>>
>>20278
>D Heal Growlithe
>>
>>20278
B. One step at a time
>>
>>20291
>>20293
Why not both?
>>
>>20309
Agreed.
>>
>>20278
>>
>>20290
>>20291
>>20318

While you're here, it would be a waste not to find a source of food or water. It could be invaluable to future excursions. You have Growlithe lead the way to a nearby stream. The water runs fresh and clean here, a perfect place to get a drink. After searching around, you find a small grove nearby of blue fruits, Oran Berries. They are quite delicious, and a few of them are enough to completely rejuvenate Growlithe. However, there isn't an inexhaustible supply. This is likely not enough to qualify as a new sustainable food source.

This place is perfect for a camp if you come to the plains again, so you all memorize its location.

>A.Head back home

>B.Set up camp here and keep exploring

>C.Try looking for more monsters

>D.Take Oran Berries home

>E.Other
>>
>>20369

>A.Head back home
Plant a few in the ground after we take some, though.
>>
File: initial D.jpg (83 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
initial D.jpg
83 KB, 680x680
>>20369
>D
>>
>>20376
This please
>>
>>20376
I dont think we even know agriculture? That's 2meta but if the guy allows it I'm coo'.
>>
>>20400
Eh, trees/plants coming from seeds should be extremely obvious, but I;m not the QM so it's up to him
>>
>>20404
It wasnt to cavemans, so maybe we dont know shit either.
>>
>>20369
D

A
>>
>>20369
D.
>>
>>20376
>E
This
>>
>>20369
>>
File: Fearow.png (528 KB, 900x692) Image search: [Google]
Fearow.png
528 KB, 900x692
>>20376
>>20384
>>20388
>>20413

You all pick a handful of Oran berries to take home, and also bury some in the ground as well. Hopefully that is enough to ensure that more berries will be here by the next time you come back.

As your group heads back over the plains and through the canyon, you hear a familiar, unmistakable shriek. Fearow. All of you know the sound. The number of your ancestors who have been killed by Fearow while trying to gather food in the canyon is higher than you care to think about. Your group makes the rest of the journey at the utmost alert, sure not to arouse any attention.

When you get back to the caves, everyone is amazed at your new companion, and the berries. Many wish to eat them everyday, but you regretfully inform them that it is not possible for now.

Learning more about Growlithe, you find that in addition to its fire, it has a fierce bite and a powerful roar. Both useful tools, to be sure.

>A.Head out for a monster hunt

>B.Do more exploring

>C.Work on creating/researching something (Specify)

>D.Other
>>
>>20404
Also berries dont grow if they're not watered in-game right?
>>
>>20480
>C

How about a patch of berries near our cave? Or did we eat them all?
>>
>>20481
They grow regardless

>>20480
>A.Head out for a monster hunt

Best materials for crafting will come from wild pokes' imo
>>
>>20480
>Research bird nets
>>
>>20480
C. Work on crafting better weapons for us humans
>>
>>20504
Who needs weapons when you can exploit the abilities of wild animals and pit them against each other in death battles?
>>
>>20491
Think if we can grow some near us that be great
>>
>>20504
We already have HardStone clubs, man. All the best weapons will use poke parts anyways. Might as well hunt some so we can make some decent gear for our hunters.
>>
>>20522
True, but we only have 2 atm
>>
>>20480
>>A.Head out for a monster hunt
>>
>>20491
Agriculture is pretty great,
>supportan
>>
>>20584
Renewable foodses is always best first step. That way we can fuck around as much as we want without having to worry about getting food back.
>>
>>20480
>C
Can we research agriculture
>>
>>20491
>>20524
>>20492
>>20579

You try to plant some of the berries near your cave, but to no avail. The ground here is almost completely devoid of life, a few patches of grass at most. You don't think you'll be growing any berries here. Some of the tribe take this as incentive enough to want to move, but others are adamant about staying. You will have to think on the topic.

In the meantime, a hunting party is gathered. With Cubone, Growlithe, and six tribesmen with HardStone Clubs, you feel good about your chances of felling a monster.

>A.Hunt here in the canyon (Roll 1d20)

>B.Go out to the plains to hunt (Roll 1d20)

>C.Head North to unknown lands to hunt (Roll 1d20)

>D.Other
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>20614
>>A.Hunt here in the canyon (Roll 1d20)
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>20614
>A.Hunt here in the canyon (Roll 1d20)
I hope I'm doing this right.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>20614
>B.Go out to the plains to hunt (Roll 1d20)
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>20614
>A
>>
Average hunt is a go.
>>
>>20614
A
>>
>>20614
OP as a suggestion, should highest roll win out? I feel as if 'other' is a useless option if no one else thinks the same thing
>>
>>20614
B
>>
>>20650
It's best of three. Also other is there basically just for if I miss something obvious, then I can roll it in with the update. Usually.
>>
>>20650
Highest roll win the vote? I dont like that though. I want the most voted option to win, not the highest roll.
>>
>>20665
Gotcha.
>>
>>20278
>The creature cries its name, Growlithe
That is anime only.
Also, is this civ Gen I only, or what?
>>
>>20679
Oooo boy. We got ourselves a purist.

Any pokemon that is not technology based
>>
>>20679
>That is anime only
So?
>>
>>20697
Well, it's stupid.
>>20687
If by purist, you mean genwunner, then I can assure that I am not.
Gen I is only my favorite because it has my favorite 'Mons, and it was my first. I like the other Gens, too.
>>
File: Vullaby.png (47 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Vullaby.png
47 KB, 250x250
>>20619
>>20627
>>20635

>Rolled 17: High Success

Your group moves about the canyon, eyes peeled for a target. You are all usually sneaking from bird's nest to bird's nest, avoiding the watchful eyes of predators, but now you are on the hunt.

You all see five bird monsters in a nest, Vullaby. You've seen them before, but tend to avoid them. They usually have a Mandibuzz parent around to protect them, but they are alone now. You decide to strike.

After working your way up the cliffs into a good position, you have Growlithe set the nest alight. The Vullaby are forced out, right into your hands. They are very young, and all fall easily to your group. Taking the birds quickly, before the parent can return, you head back to the cave with your spoils.

Plenty of meat and feathers, in addition to the skulls that they wear. It seems Vullaby are very productive for the amount of effort it takes to hunt, provided that Mandibuzz is not around. Your tribe enjoys a delicious feast of roast Vullaby, fire courtesy of Growlithe. Much easier than starting one yourself.

The next day, two tribe members come to you with opposing viewpoints.

One wishes to move the tribe to the plains, to live off of the berries and hunting there.

The other insists that yesterday's hunt proves that you are fine where you are.

They both want you to put your foot down and say the final word.

>A.The plains have more plentiful food, we should move there

>B.We will keep living here as we always have

You also think on what you can do next for your tribe.

>A.Set up regular hunting trips for a continuous source of meat

>B.Go in search of more monsters to tame

>C.Create/Research (Specify)
>>
>>20679
>>20763
I am having the Pokemon do that so you know what to call them in-universe. Makes things real easy. That's the only reason.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>20774

>B.We will keep living here as we always have
Cave is more defensible, imo

Let's see if we can't find a nest or clutch of something so we can get a bunch of loyal pokes for our hunters
>>
>>20774
A

B
>>
>>20774
>A.The plains have more plentiful food, we should move there

But we will only move when we find a suitable location, so first we are gonna explore the shit outta the plains.

>>
>>20774
>B Is better defense

>B Tame Spearow to counter the Mandibuzz flock
>>
>>20763
>It's stupid.
Why? They do a sound and caveman name them after the sound they make.
>>
>A
If we move to a new location we can plant the oran berries we got earlier

>A
Growlithe and Cubone seem to be enough help with hunting for now
>>
>>20821
Maybe we can get more pokemons for other tribesmen.
>>
>>20774
A and A
>>
>>20774
Btw are our cubone/growlithe female or male? Maybe we can find counterparts and breed.
>>
>>20774

>A.The plains have more plentiful food, we should move there.

We just killed 5 of a mandibuzz's children, it's going to be pissed. We should leave.

>C.Create/Research (Specify)

Home building. We'll need somewhere secure if we move.
>>
>>20774
>>A.The plains have more plentiful food, we should move there
CHANGE
Breeder tribe when
>>
>>20774
>We will keep living here as we always have

Good defense

>A
>>
>>20844
They are both male

>>20787
>>20795
>>20803
>>20807
>>20821
>>20836
>>20846

You agree that the plains provide more opportunity. You can hunt there just as well, in addition to growing berries. You decide that it is time for the tribe to leave.

While the rest of the tribe gets ready to leave their home for new pastures, you bring Cubone, Growlithe, and four tribesmen with you to look for other monsters to tame. You have two that are loyal to you, but you can't be everywhere. Your tribesmen need to have companions of their own. You spend your last day in the canyon looking for suitable monsters to capture.

>Roll 1d20
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>20894
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>20894
rolling
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>20894
>>
>>20894
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>20894
>>
File: Geodude.jpg (15 KB, 300x115) Image search: [Google]
Geodude.jpg
15 KB, 300x115
>>20921

>Rolled 14: Medium Success

After searching through the canyon, you all coma across a nest with a young Spearow in it. Easy pickings like the Vullaby, but this time you aren't looking for food. One of you climbs up to the nest and takes the bird, ignoring the incessant pecking. After a couple of Oran Berries, the young Spearow turns docile.

Your tribesman Dart is chosen to be the one to keep it.

In addition, your group stumbles across a moving rock with arms. A Geodude. This one is feisty, and Growlithe and Cubone are forced to battle, but the Geodude is eventually defeated.

Another of your tribesmen, Bron, a very large man, manages to lift and carry the Geodude. The rock monster is impressed, and follows him of his own accord from that point.

Two is all you could manage in a day, but it's good progress. Your group heads out to the plains following the rest of the tribe. You find them along the stream, setting up camp. This is your new home. You will be operating from here from now on. Now that more tribesmen have monsters, it may be more feasible to split duties between you.

>A.Organize a hunting party

>B.Go search for more monsters to capture

>C.Get something done here at camp (Specify)

>D.Other
>>
>>21001
>>A.Organize a hunting party
>>
>>21001
>C - Build rudimentary housing for Pokemon and Humans
>>
>>21001
C we need housing
>>
>>21001
>C housing
>>
>>21001
>>A.Organize a hunting party
Have Dart gather up the most skilled hunters as a hunting party
Have Bron be in charge of defending our home from any unruly monsters that might try to attack, and see if he can tame any of the ones that attack for other tribesmen to use

>>C.Get something done here at camp (Specify)
In the meantime, see about creating some shelter, have the geodude help if able
>>
>>21030
>this
>>
>>21001
B.
>>
>>21001
>C. Lets get some infra up.
>>
>>21015
>supporting
>>
Comfiest tribe in the land.
>>
>>21015
>>21024
>>21029
>>21030
>>21036
>>21050
>>21060

First thing's first, your tribe can't be sleeping on the ground out in the open. You need housing.

Wood is very rare out here on the plains, most of it being from the Oran Berry trees. It's decided that they are far too valuable as a food source to chop down. The plains do have however, plenty of tall grass. This grass can be bound together quite well, and made into huts. It takes some time, but you manage to make a few grass huts at the riverside. This is enough to house your people.

It's decided that from now on, Bron and his Geodude will stay at the camp to protect it. Bron accepts this duty with pride.

>A.Get a hunting party together

>B.Search for more monsters to tame

>C.Explore more of your new home, the plains

>D.Create/Research (Specify)

>E.Other
>>
>>21108
C
>>
>>21108
Bring Dart, the spearow should help him lead them
>>
>>21108
>C Dart and Spearow are the scouting party lead.
>>
>>21108
> E - Plant berries to create a large, sustainable food source. Once enough trees, we get wood
>>
>>21108
B. If we can find some deer/cattle-like Pokemon, we can breed and eat them
>>
>>21126
First scout the area to find a good location for >>21135
>>
>>21168
We are currently befriending a lot of species right now. They might freak out if you continue to eat others
>>
>>21209
Growlithe seems pretty carnivorous to me
>>
>>21108
Is this universe going to also have non-sapient animals? Like the generic birds and stuff in the anime/games
>>
>>21118
>>21126
>>21135
>>21187

You decide that right now, it's most pertinent to get a better idea of your new surroundings. You put a scouting party together, let by Dart and his Spearow.

While you are away, you have the remaining tribesmen work on planting more berries to make them a more reliable food source.

You set out to the East, Dart's Spearow flying out in front of the group. As you go, the plains start to thin and give way to sand. Your party stops at the edge of a desert. You take note of it, then head another way. You doubt there is anything for you in that direction.

After heading further South, Spearow lets you know there is something up ahead. You all peek out from behind some bushes to see a few grass huts on the edge of a lake. Someone lives here, but you have no idea if they are friendly. You can see a few humans about, but none of them look like warriors. You suspect they are out hunting. You haven't been noticed yet.

>A.Enter the village and introduce yourselves

>B.Leave before they notice you

>C.There's no one of importance here, wait to see if anyone else arrives and talk to them

>D.Raid the village while they're vulnerable

>E.Other
>>
>c
>>
>>21244
As far as I'm aware, they got phased out a long time ago, it's just Pokemon now. So I'll be sticking to Pokemon as well
>>
>>21244
You mean the fish? Generic birds got phased out.

Pokemon are completely edible, and fill the same ecological niche.

We still need good housing for agriculture. We should search the plains for workable wood.

... Or use the caves and Cubone's rock smash and Geodude's strength to get some decent stone to work with.
>>
>>21281
>D Raid and steal any resource, food, technology
>>
>>21281
>A.Enter the village and introduce yourselves
>>
>C
>>
>>21281
>>C.There's no one of importance here, wait to see if anyone else arrives and talk to them
>>
>>21281
A.
We can always just kill them later by like betrayal, but not raid head-on. First we have to get to know them
>>
>>21281
A
>>
File: Ponyta.png (46 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Ponyta.png
46 KB, 250x250
>>21295
>>21306
>>21311

Your group decides to wait to see if any head honchos return to the village instead of heading in now. After a while, you can see a group approaching.

The one in front is riding on top of a four hoofed monster, somehow not being burned by the flames running down it. Four men behind him are hoisting the carcass of a huge hoofed monster with giant round hair. Likely their latest kill.

You all emerge from the bushes, intent on introducing yourselves.

"Who are you?" the man in front asks you. "Canyon people from the North? Why are you this far South? Begone from our lands."

>A.We moved here to get more food

>B.We'd like to work together with you

>C.If you insist, we'll leave

>D.Ask something (Specify)

>E.Other
>>
>>21417
>A

Also, don't be jerks people we just tryna be nice like damn
>>
>>21417
>>A.We moved here to get more food
Wow, these guys are kinda dicks
>>
>>21417
>>A. We moved here to get more food
Cunts.
>>
>>21417
>A, be cautious for battle
>>
>>21417
A.
Fuck these guys tho
>>
>>21417
>A.We moved here to get more food
I bet these are Gary's ancestors.
>>
>>21417
E. Search a fucking fire stone and scorch them with Arcanine
>>
>>21425
>>21429
>>21438
>>21439
>>21443
>>21448

"We moved here to get more food." you explain. "I am Asher, leader of the Longarm tribe. Food was too scarce in the canyon, so we had to leave for greener pastures."

"Hmph. The plains are plentiful with food. I suppose they can support the needs of one more tribe." the man scoffs. "I am Apatma, Chief of the Swiftfoot tribe. We are constantly under assault by raids from the desert people to the East. We have no desire to be at odds with you as well. Leave us alone, and we will promise the same for you."

>A.Sure thing

>B.Desert people?

>C.There's no need for that, we can help each other out

>D.Other
>>
>>21524
B
>>
>>21524
>>A.Sure thing
>>B.Desert people?
>>
>>21524
>>B.Desert people?
>>C.There's no need for that, we can help each other out
>>
>>21417
>B.We'd like to work together with you
I feel like these guys aren't being dicks, so much as they are wary of some random tribespeople. Let's build an EMPIRE!
>>
>>21524
>C Lets talk merger
>>
>>21524
>C.There's no need for that, we can help each other out
>>
File: Flygon.jpg (21 KB, 421x300) Image search: [Google]
Flygon.jpg
21 KB, 421x300
>>21529
>>21530
>>21531
>>21554
>>21574

"There's no need for that, we can help each other out." you insist. "So what's this about desert people?"

"You will not earn our trust so easily. Not after the last time we gave it." Apatma explains. "The desert people came to us asking for help. A more reliable source of food and water. We agreed to help them. However, it was all a set up. Their leader, Sehtwa, is a tamer of monsters like none ever seen. He controls the Desert Spirit, Flygon. A monster so powerful that all of the monsters of your and my tribe together could not defeat it. While our guard was down, he attacked our village, taking anything he pleased. You see ten of my tribe before you. There was once four times this number. Now they are dead or taken. We have had to stay on the run since. We are no match, and neither are you. You should just keep your heads down. Lest you end up the same way."

>A.We'll watch out

>B.We can still trade, right?

>C.Sounds like this guy needs to be taken care of

>D.Other
>>
>>21746
>A
>B
>C
All three, they don't seem mutually exclusive imo, And just because we plan to take him down doesn't mean we have to do it NOW
>>
>>21746
B
>>
>>21746
>D
"We need to cooperate, whether you like it or not. I'm not about to let what happened to you happen to my tribe, and I'm sure as hell you dont want that either to happen to yours.This is not about trust, is about survival."
>>
>>21787
Happen to yours again*
>>
>>21746
>All 3
>Train hard with all pokemon
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>21787
seconded
>>
>33 posters

>only six of them vote
>>
>>21881
IP addresses determine ID. 3 of these are mine cuz i travel
>>
>>21746
Yeah, A, B, and C
>>
>>21881
Dont diss the lurkers man. They're enjoying the ride from the stalls while we make the world move.
>>
>>21746
We better not go after him because our two pokemon can't hurt it
>>
>>21986
We're not trying to hunt the guy down, we're trying to make some sort of defensive pact so we both help each other. Otherwise considering his powerlevel he's gonna assrape us into submission.
>>
>>21764
>>21846
>>21917

"We'll watch out." you assure Apatma. "We can still trade, right?"

"If you have something or knowledge of value to us, then I don't see why not." Apatma replies. "So long as we also get something out of it, you can propose a trade to us anytime from now on. Materials, how to deal with a certain monster. Anything that may be useful."

"Sounds good." you answer. "That Sehtwa guy though. He sounds like he needs to be taken care of. Maybe not now, but eventually..."

"If you make against him, you will doom us all." Apatma glares at you. "If I hear a word of you trying to agitate the desert people, we will cut you off immediately. We will not all die as a result of your foolishness."

With that, Apatma and his tribesmen head into their village, leaving your group alone. You head back to camp to tell people of your findings.

Back home, food is a problem. The berries must be rationed, as they cannot yet be grown at a greater rate then they are consumed. Eggs are harder to come by here in the plains, and you have not actually done any hunting here yet. Something must be done.

>Remember that you can try and split the tribe and do multiple actions, so you're not just hunting every day

>B.Go out in search of more monsters to capture

>C.Go the the Swiftfoot and request a trade (Specify)

>D.Explore again

>E.Create/Research (Specify)

>F.Other
>>
>>22042
A
>>
>>22065
and B
>>
>>22042
>>A.Get a hunting party together
Have dart father the best hunters, and search for food and decent materials from pokes

>D.Explore again
Just us and our pokes while Bron defends the home base.
>>
>>22042
>B.Go out in search of more monsters to catch
Long-term tho, I say we betray the Swiftfoot guys and join these desert people. Once we're powerful enough tho
>>
>>22042
>A
>B
>>
>>22042
>>A.Get a hunting party together
>>B.Go out in search of more monsters to capture
try to find something good, or multiple things to form a good hunting party.
>>
>>22042
F. Try to catch a ice pokemon or a water pokemon with ice attacks. fuck Flygon.
>>
>>22065
>>22072
>>22090
>>22094
>>22188
>>22217

You need to get a hunting party together, and for it to be done regularly. The extra food is the whole reason you moved, after all.

You have Dart and his Spearow lead a group of six other hunters. They plan to start small, but with time they should be taking down big game on every hunt. Though that would be expedited if they had more monsters. You intend to help with that issue.

While Dart is hunting and Bron is defending camp, you will go out with three other tribesmen in search of more monsters to tame.

>When searching for Pokemon, you always have the option to search specifically for a Pokemon you've encountered in the same area before. If you want to search for a Growlithe, for instance, you just say Growlithe with your roll. If you don't want to search for a specific Pokemon, just don't name one when you roll.

>Roll 1d20
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>22297
lets do this
>>
>>22314
yay, hope we find a Ryhorn
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>22297
lets get options before we double up. Also growlithe would be terrible in an open plain, fires and shit
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>22297
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>22297
Bouffalant
>>
>>22297
dice+1d20
>>
>>22398
Fuck me in the ass
>>
>>22413
Okay I will. Where's the lube?
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>22297
Nevermind
>>
File: Skiddo.png (56 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Skiddo.png
56 KB, 250x250
>>22314

>Rolled 19: High Success

As you make your way around the plains, make very sure to avoid a herd of stampeding hoofed monsters with three tails. Attempting to grab one of those unprepared is liable to get you all flattened. It can wait until a better opportunity.

You all search a bit longer with no results, until you come across another stream, this one farther West than your camp. You take a break here for a drink.

As you all do, three monsters with horns and grassy pelts approach the stream to drink. They don't seem the slightest bit wary of you. You can even go up and touch them, and they won't put up a fuss. After testing them for a bit, you try to lead them back to your camp. Sure enough, they follow without a second thought. These are some agreeable creatures.

You lead the three Skiddo, as they're called, back to your camp, and they take to the water in the nearby stream just as well. As long as you make sure they don't wander off, they should basically be yours.

>Got 3 Skiddo!

Dart and the others return, having caught a few small whiskered purple monsters. Not exactly the plentiful bounty everyone expected, but it's dinner. The group plans to keep on hunting every day. The night passes without incident.

>A.Explore farther out away from the camp

>B.Go meet the Swiftfoot for trade

>C.Search for more monsters to catch (Roll 1d20)

>D.Create/Develop/Research (Specify)

>E.Other
>>
>>22527
>>D.Create/Develop/Research (Specify)
Pens/homes for our monsters and bonding time, nab a Skiddo for ourselves
>>
>>22527
Mixed grass and mud to make more durable housing.
>>
>>22527
>C Catch local water pokemon
>D pens for pokemon
>>
>>22527
Keep two Skiddo for breeding

Take third Skiddo to them and see what we can get for it
>>
>>22527
E. Train our Pokemon
>>
>>22527
>E.Other
If there's a breeding pair we leave them alone in our village and we grab the one that is the replicate sex with us.
>>
E. Train with cubone and try to bond more with him
>>
>>22566
this
>>
>>22682
that
>>
>>22715
Those.
>>
>>22550
>>22566
>>22571
>>22603
>>22657
>>22674
>>22675
>>22682

You decide to stay in the village today, working on various things.

First off, you start mixing mud from the stream into the grass huts. This should make it more durable. You also use this material to make pens for the Skiddo so they don't wander off. You leave a male and female in the pen, while taking the other male for yourself.

You spend the rest of the day training and bonding with your monsters. You find that Skiddo's attacks are effective against Cubone, while Growlithe's attacks are effective against Skiddo. You've got a neat little triangle. Skiddo seems to be able to extend vines out from its body, and shoot seeds that drain health. After this day of training, Cubone has managed to use his bone throwing attack as well.

Dart and the hunting party come back with more Rattata, the small purple monsters. They seem to have tried to catch bigger game, but Spearow alone is not enough. At the very least, you are not hurting for food regardless.

>E.Other
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

>>22804
>>C.Search for more monsters to catch (Roll 1d20)
Look near the/in water. Hopfully we find movable water pokemon or something
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>22804
>C Search for Bouffalant. Skiddo can help
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>22829
oops...ok here is the D20, this doesn't bode well
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

Search in the river for pokemon
>>
>>22804
Didn't even realize I dropped my trip

I guess it doesn't even matter with these IDs
>>
>E.Other

Train Dart's Spearow so we can catch bigger game, and might as well train Cubone, Growlithe, and Skiddo while we're at it
>>
As an idea, a good number, 3-5 or so, of rattatas might be really good harassers to take on larger monsters. Popping in from different directions, low to the ground, in and out style attacks would wear at larger monsters and present less danger to the individual trained pokes
>>
>>22804
>E
In addition to whatever else we do, have our Growlithe be part of the hunting party. If we can't do that cause he's only loyal to us, then try to catch another one
>>
>>22878
additionally, combining with quick flying types there would be an even greater amount of harassment. They would also train well together, both making the other faster, essentially playing tag. Designate one rattata as the target, flyers attempt to catch it while other rattatas harass them to keep them from "catching/killing" the target rattata
>>
>>22878
Yeah but that's for our tribe scrubs, we get the cool pokemon.
>>
File: Magikarp.jpg (28 KB, 203x228) Image search: [Google]
Magikarp.jpg
28 KB, 203x228
>>22846

>Rolled 12: Low Success

You decide to search for more monsters this time, but not the usual way. This time, you try to find out if any aquatic monsters live in the stream. Unfortunately, none of your monsters can really dive in and help you, Cubone and Growlithe in particular are very reluctant to even go near the water. You try to get Growlithe to go with the hunting party to help them, but he stays put, even though he's not really helping you here.

Regardless, you spend the day in the stream, looking for hereto unknown monsters. It takes some careful skimming along the water, and even then, you only catch the occasional glimpse of a monster, not enough to really know what it is.

Eventually however, you get lucky. After staying still for a while, a monster swims right past you and you nab it, yanking it from the river before it can protest.

You throw it into a hole you dug and filled with water for this purpose, then take a good look at it. It's an orange monster with yellow whiskers, flopping about hysterically. A Magikarp. Even you've heard how useless this thing is. At the very least, you know you can always eat it if it gets that bad. And you know there are other types of monsters farther upstream, but without a monster that can enter the water with you to fight, they may as well be ghosts for how you can catch them. There's probably a better way to go about this, but you aren't aware of it.

>Got Magikarp!

>E.Other
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>22878
Plus, if they all evolve into a pack of raticate's a mass hyper fang is basically GG to any poor schmuck that gets caught out by it

Also, we should breed some skiddo for speed. Get some cavalry going here.

>>23074

>>E Begin using the magikarp as a club to defeat other monsters. YOu'll get some use out of him, AND he'll gain valuable combat experience!
>>
>>23074
>magikarp
>useless
A
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>23074
I'll go ahead and push or my rattata idea. Not like anyone gives a fuck about gentleman's rules 1v1
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>23101
I vote for this
>>
File: 2010-04-26.jpg (389 KB, 650x1024) Image search: [Google]
2010-04-26.jpg
389 KB, 650x1024
>>23101
>>
>>23074
>C
Use Magikarp as like bait to draw out other water Pokemon, then catch them
>>
>>23197
Lol we're using a magikarp as bait? This is fucking genius.
>>
I got the MGDMT reference, but using Magikarp as a club would actually just kill it, so we're not doing that.
>>
>>23101
Also D: look into making nets to help catch water Pokemon
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>23197
My vote goes here
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>23197
how do you intend to do that? my idea is use Skiddo to pull them out with his vines and cubone and doggie go to town on it
>>
File: Rattata.png (48 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Rattata.png
48 KB, 250x250
>>23101
>>23128

>Rolled 11: Low success

Since these Rattata are easy enough to hunt, it might be a good idea to try and capture some. They may not be powerful, but quantity has its own quality.

While Dart and the others are hinting Rattata for food, you and your monsters take to catching them to tame. They're fast little buggers, and they keep managing to run away, but with the help of your monsters, you eventually grab two of them. They flail around, trying to get free, but once you get them back to camp and fed, they cool off. It seems they'll let anybody order them around as long as they think they'll be fed. Easy enough.

>Got 2 Rattata!

>E.Other
>>
>>23336
>>
File: mappu.png (142 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
mappu.png
142 KB, 800x800
>>23336
Nets using the woven grass to catch river Pokemon when they are in the currents.

>Also A map for us to work with, will expand in time
>>
>>23336
See if we can harvest vines from the skiddo a la wool from sheep. Begin weaving it into ropes so we can get to work on making nets.

If not,
We need some more exotic pokes imo, maybe an ice type Go Go Froslass
>>
>>23336
>A explore
>>
>>23282
Well like the narrator said, we can't even really see any water Pokemon, so if we get one to come out and try to eat the Magikarp or whatever, then Skiddo could pull it out, we could get it with nets, either way. The Magikarp is just to get one to the surface
>>
>>23336
>A
Why not
>>
File: 1462068947270.png (162 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1462068947270.png
162 KB, 800x800
>>23512
If that map is right in regards to river curves, we can try to make a shallower bit to the river that joins in later. Deep enough for water types to move through but shallow enough for us to work with. Might be good for magikarp as a food source.

Geodude might be good for digging/dirt moving. Might be good idea to get a few more to general purpose
>>
>>23608
Forgot to say I marked a possible shallow route just north of our camp
>>
>>23608
Yeah, that's why I voted Bron as camp defender, and he can use his Geodude to get to work on building shit. We could also use skiddo vines to make ropes and get to work on a magikarp fish farm for a renewable food supply other than Skiddos
>>
>>23608
Idk if it's a good idea to get the rock pokemon near the water though.
>>
>>23698
Have him dig a dry trench and break down the walls at either end with another monster or with people.

Didn't think of that first, good catch
>>
File: Beach.jpg (56 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Beach.jpg
56 KB, 900x506
>>23357
>>23374
>>23457
>>23465

You get an idea for the acquisition of aquatic monsters. You set a couple of tribesmen onto making nets with the tall grass. It might take them a while to get it down, but if they can get it to hold together, something is bound to be caught. You leave them to it, then head out to explore.

Along with your monsters and two tribesmen, you head farther West. As the plains fade, an uncountable number of trees appear. A huge forest. There's no telling what may be in there. In fact, it may be dangerous to explore. Becoming lost would surely mean your end, and a powerful monster could get the drop on you in an instant. You will need to consider you options heavily before going in. You head South along the forest's edge, and eventually reach another sandy expanse as the forest wanes. But this is not a desert like before. It's a beach. Past the sandy shores, you can see an endless expanse of blue. The ocean. That's two wondrous new sights you've seen today. You follow the coast as you head East, and find a swampy marsh. A river delta resulting from the stream your very camp is set near. There are likely very interesting things here as well, but you've been gone long enough. Your group follows the river upstream back to the camp, to tell everyone the lay of the land. You can go back and investigate more in depth later.

>Discovered Forest! Beach! Marsh!

>When searching for Pokemon or resources, remember to specify where you're looking, as you now have many options.

>A.Explore an area (Specify)

>E.Other
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>23736
Forest, along with our hunters. Try and look for Kakuna's and weedle's if that's not too meta. They'd be decent for warriors and people defending the camp.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>23736
>B
And then
>C
We haven't talked to the Swiftfoots (Swiftfeet?) in a while so we might as well see they're up to. Then go to the forest to tame more monsters
>>
>>23736
backing
>>23826
Offer knowledge of surrounding area if they haven't explored that way. Broach idea of wood in trade for...stuff
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
If a post contains illegal content, please click on its [Report] button and follow the instructions.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need information for a Poster - you need to contact them.
This website shows only archived content and is not affiliated with 4chan in any way.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 1XVgDnu36zCj97gLdeSwHMdiJaBkqhtMK