[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A Giant Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qst/ - Quests

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 17
File: Untitled-1.jpg (106 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
106 KB, 600x600
A GIANT QUEST

You are Gord, a relatively young hill giant living in the uplands of Rennaria, a primarily human nation. Normally you make a living by extorting money and food from nearby villages. It's approaching midday, and your stomach rumbles, the hog you devoured last night is no longer satisfying you.

Deciding you've wasted enough time daydreaming you...

>Head south into the woods in search of game, or wayward hunters.
>Head west to the open fields and the kingdom's main highway
>Head east to the town of Koldrun, where you may perhaps find work.
>Write in

Giants in this land are treated with wary neutrality, for while some are wild savages knowing only violence - some serve humanity as two-legged beasts of burden, or even soldiers. You stand at a towering 19ft, more than twice the height of the average man.

(I'll be going off popular vote for choices, so voice what you want to do and see!)
>>
>>152546
>Head south into the woods in search of game, or wayward hunters.
>>
>>152546
>Head east to the town of Koldrun, where you may perhaps find work.
East is best direction. Fight me nerds.
>>
>>152546
>Head south
I wouldn't dream of working for tiny humans.
>>
>>152559
Journey to the land of Pointy Trees. (updort)
>>
>>152546
>east
>>
File: 2.jpg (70 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
70 KB, 600x600
Gord begins his journey into the southern forests, his feet breaking apart the undergrowth with their wide clumsy swings. Pulling a small pine aside, you are surprised to see a dwarf, who is just as surprised to see you.

He spins on a heel aiming a crossbow in your direction, though his weapon quickly falls from his arms.

"Mother Yarda..." he utters in sheer horror.

What do you do?

>SMASH
>Use your very low intelligence to assure him you're not at all a threat
>Rob
>Write in
>>
>>152628
>rob
>>
>>152628
"...Hey."
>>
>>152628
>>Use your very low intelligence to assure him you're not at all a threat
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>152634
2nd. Also, Rolling for very high Intelligence.
>>
>>152644
seconded
>>
>>152628
>Use your very low intelligence to assure him you're not at all a threat
>>
>>152628
Dwarves are cool, assure him we're just passing by, attempt to "smile"
>>
>>152628
Dwarves are filthy creatures. They deserve nothing but death.

SMASH
>>
File: 3.jpg (89 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
89 KB, 600x600
There's a bit of a stand off before you realise that the dwarf is absolutely terrified of you. Wishing to undo his false prejudices about your people, you take the diplomatic approach.

Showing your set of unwashed, and carnivorous teeth, you smile.

"Gord does not eat dwarfs, do not worry" you utter in slow, slurring prose.

While the dwarf is relieved, he's not let up his frightful guard.

"An' soo uh.. What can I doo' for ya then uh.. Gord?" he returns, sweating a storm.

>Directions to nearest settlement
>"What are you doing?"
>Do you have any food?
>write in
>>
>>152709
>directions to nearest settlement
>>
>>152717
Seconding this
>>
>>152709
>Do you have any food?

>You stand at a towering 19ft, more than twice the height of the average man.
jesus, is the average man 8 feet tall?
>>
>>152709
"Gord hungry, Dwarf have food for Gord?"
>>
>>152709
>>152717
Third for settlement directions
>>
>>152730
>more than
>>
>>152730
This is a world where manlets have been BTFO by Chad Thundercock so hard that every human is 7ft to 7ft 5 in tall.
>>
>>152717
"Where da hotties at, mang?"
>>
>>152744
19ft is more than 3x the average

having it be more than 2x implies that the average height is 7+ feet tall.

Man I sound autistic, headcannon is now that all manlets were genocided
>>
File: 4.jpg (72 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
72 KB, 600x600
"What way town?" you ask, adopting a thoughtful look as you stroke your chin with a few fingers. The dwarf remains paralysed in fear, but snaps out of his state as he realises the consequences of not answering.

"Whale- uh.. Y'know, thar's a place just a wee jaunt from these woods. Jonnisglade, noice town.. Head this way" he utters carefully, pointing down a small, carved path.

As you turn your gaze back to the dwarf, you find him 40ft away in a great sprint. He's left his crossbow behind, but your fingers are far to fat to use it. And so, you set off to Jonnisglade.

As you arrive on the fringe of the town, you pause, not sure why you came here. Coercing a peasant to read a signpost reveals your options.

>Inn
>Fighting Pits
>Noble District
>write in
>>
>>152794
>>Fighting Pits
>>
>>152794
>Noble District

WE LIKE SHINY STUFF
>>
>>152794
>try and get a job at the noble district.
>>
>>152794
>>Fighting Pits
we should get some heavy armor for our shins and groin
>>
>>152794
>Brothel
It's been a long time since we've mated. Maybe we can trade the crossbow he dropped for sex.
>>
>>152808
What's the point of going for sex if the QM isn't going to draw lewds?
>>
>>152832
>implying the giant would actually get sexed by the frightened townsfolk
I just wanted to see what would happen. If he did try to sex a girl, would he accidentally kill her?
>>
>>152843
come on, we're a giant, we wouldn't go to a brothel, we would kidnap a pretty looking maiden, and take her to our dungeon, and pretend she is our wife until a hero arrives.
>>
File: 5.jpg (63 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
63 KB, 600x600
Deciding to follow tradition, you head along the poorer roads of Jonnisglade to find the fighting pits, a small neighbourhood building around a central Colosseum. As you wander into a large hall, filled with fighters of many varieties, you hear a gasp - not of fear, but of excitement.

"Good GOD look at you!" the eccentric voice proclaims, and suddenly a relatively small man rushes into your vision. "Now there's a man built for the ring, what's your name big guy? I just had THREE orcs call in sick, and I need YOU to fill in - whaddya say?" he sounds with quickening pace.

It's hard to understand, but he seems to want you to fight for him. Noticing you mulling it over, he cuts another offer.

"Hell, I'll don you in armour and give you a swathy weapon to go with it - how's it sound?"

>let's get stompin
>no im not dat kinda giant

>also write in with your reply what armour and weapon you ask for
>>
>>152899
>Lets get stomping
>Full platemail and sword and shield.
>>
>>152899
Grab the sign and use it for a breastplate. Find the closest lamppost and rip it up from the ground.

"Ah got da weapons. Now where are puny fighters?"
>>
>>152899
>no im not dat kinda giant

NO WE WRASTLING GIANTS
>>
>>152906
This
>>
>>152906
this is the best one
>>
>>152906
dude, even the tallest fighters aren't gonna be able to reach above our sternum. We need chainmail overalls
>>
>>152928
>implying the tallest fighter isn't a female giant who we're going to battlefield seduce
>>
>>152932
if that happens, we should rip off a limb or two from her, that'll show her we're strong, and she'll surely fall for us.
>>
>>152939
Lets rip off the legs first then they'll literally fall for our man gourd.
>>
>>152939
and if not, she'll fall from blood loss
>>
File: 6.jpg (76 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
76 KB, 600x600
You nod in confirmation, but decline his offer of charity all the same. Your handler watches with burning curiosity as you tear off the hall's sign, and tie its chain about your neck, creating makeshift armour from its board. Lacking a weapon, you tear a lamp post from the loose cobble just outside, accidently knocking out a guard who attempts to stop you in the process.

As you return to the bearded man, he has a much more - confused look to him.

"Uhh.. Okay, first time I've seen that - but, anyway whaddeva it doesn't matter" he laughs, leading you to the Colosseum.

In the barracks where other men gear up for combat, he lists your options for a first opponent.

>Harad the Human, not a popular fighter
>Jin the Foreigner, unknown fighter
>Uldrak the Orc, beloved by crowds for the brutal show

Also, write in how we fight, are we brutal or merciful?
>>
>>152965
>>Uldrak the Orc, beloved by crowds for the brutal show

We skillful n shieet

We monks
>>
>>152965
>all of them at once.
>>
>>152965
Fight a four way match. Free for all with all 3 opponents.

We SMASH puny non-giants. We don't know how to fight any other way. Efficiency is a single blow to crush their skull and spine. If we need to, we swing the lamp post like a slugger; getting a home run with our opponent's mangled body.
>>
>>152965
I fight all.
>>
>>152965
>Uldrak the Orc, beloved by crowds for the brutal show
Merciful, try to put on a good show. If you kill everyone in a few seconds, no one will be entertained
>>
>>152973
Smash the non giants!!!!
>>
File: 1387352277647.gif (1008 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
1387352277647.gif
1008 KB, 400x299
>>152973
>>152972
I second these.

>pic related
>it's us
>>
>>152980
Ahhhhhh, I remember poise.
>>
File: 7.jpg (124 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
124 KB, 1200x600
The gate shuts behind you, releasing you from the dark of the barracks and into the shine of the Colosseum. Around you citizens cheer, boo, and shout - some bidding your success, others shaming you for being a monster. Immediately you're met by a trio, all of the other fighters, who've agreed to work together to defeat you before turning on one another.

Harad, the human, steps forward - wearing a cape and helm, with little armour to hide his impressive physique.

"Ha! To think they would send you up against us, your size means nothing giant, for I am Harad the Omniflex, an atlas of perfection on the battlefield. With my spontaneous cohorts in battle we will with impu-"

You decide he's talking to much, and with a snap of your muscle, swing the signpost around in a fatal arc.

Catching the boastful fighter off guard, you sunder his torso from his hips, raining blood on his allies who stare forward in shock. The crowd goes silent for a moment.

cont.
>>
>>153019
After a lull, the cheering begins again, and your enemies warily pick up their arms as they prepare to face you. Harad rests in two pieces across the arena, and beyond the gate you hear your bearded handler screaming your praise.

Do you...
>slay both Uldrak and Jin
>offer them mercy
>break out of the arena
>write in
>>
>>153019
>oneshots the boastful fighter
I fucking love our character.
>>
>>153025
>>
>>153025
>use the ork as a club to beat the other fighter into submission
>>
>>153025
If they try to face us, we kill both of them. If they attempt to flee, we kill both of them.

So...
"Why they send babies to fight? Gord no understand strange little mens' arena."
>>
>>153025
Offer them mercy.
I'm afraid if we slaughter them all outright we will be mobbed. This might be poor for Gord's self esteem.
>>
>>153028
>>153029
>>
"Imagine if Gord had real weapon."

Kill them both. Brutally.
>>
>>153025
Stomach growls. We're hungry remember? Let's wander off and look for food. I'm sure there's a butcher's nearby that has plenty of cows and other carcasses.
>>
File: 8.jpg (75 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
75 KB, 600x600
"Gord... FIGHT!" you cry out, charging forward with burning fury. Knocking Uldrak to the side with the bottom of your polearm, you seize Jin by an ankle before his own blades have a chance to tear at you. Swinging him over your shoulder and into the dirt, and then over the other shoulder, and then the other again - and again, and again, and again, until he's little more than ooze held together by skin.

You then grab Uldrak by his arm as he approaches with both blades, flinging him into the wall of the Colosseum, leaving him a gory mess. There's another period of quiet, before uproar comes out of the crowd at large.

What do
>retreat back to the barracks
>loot them first
>retire
>>
>>153065
>Confidently walk back to the barracks.
>>
>>153065
"So where are da real fighters?"
>Wait in the ring, upset that you didn't get a real challenge, until they send out another fighter
>>
Look for the guy who hired us. Ask him for food as our payment.
>>
(I'm going to pack it in for tonight guys, it's getting a little late here. I'll resume when I'm next able)
>>
>>153073
I second this
>>
>>153080
Can't wait until you come back.
>>
>>153065
>loot them first
Maybe we could put their weapons on our weapon, improving its weaponicity.
>>
>loot them first
>>
>>153065
Retreat to the barracks
>>
>>152546
Oppe is that you?
>>
>>153073
>>153081
t h i s
>>
File: 9.jpg (75 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
75 KB, 600x600
The battle is won, and the crowd continues its cry of revelry, all of them shouting in wild frenzy. Decidedly out of anyone who can oppose you, you're called back into the barracks by the staff - and are immediately greeted by your handler.

"Good GOD! I've never seen someone drop an opponent so fast, let alone three!" he exudes, clapping you on the ass. "Here's your fee, triple the standard given who you just put to rest, eh?"

Your handler hands you a hefty sack of coins, or mina as they're known in this country.

"Go an' fix yourself a meal down the street, loads a' shops" he utters, moving off. Your armour must be left here. You did however loot the human's sword, adding it to your weapon, you also own two axes - the polearm cannot be carried.

Do you...
>Head down to tha' shops for some grub
>go to the black smith for new weps and armour
>noble district
>write in

Sorry I'm so late guys))
>>
Git sum grub!
>Head down to tha' shops for some grub
>>
>>160703
time for chainmail overalls
>>
>>160703
We don't need armour, go get some grub grbu
>>
>>160703
Go get some whores
>>
>>160703
>Blacksmith
>>
>>160703
Pay to have the blacksmith replace the top of our Lamp (the light part) replaced with the two axes (turning this into a gigantic battle axe). Have the blacksmith weld together piles of scrap metal into a full body plate.
>>
File: 10.jpg (84 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
84 KB, 600x600
You nip down to the blacksmith and commission a grand suit of plate, though to save on costs and time - the smith fashions it from a range of various other pieces of armour. In the end, it takes him about a day, and leaves you donned in some functional but not very good looking armour.

Your weapon however has been transformed into a pole-axe with FOUR beards, making it resemble a flanged mace.

As the new day dawns, the blacksmith rouses you with a pail of water.

"Right, your helmet is done - that'll be 24,000 mina plus 4000 on account of you being a giant" he utters, obviously displeased to have taken on such a task.

You check your pouch, you only have 300 mina.

Do you
>flee
>rob
>kill
>write in?
>>
>>160870
Pay the 28,000 anyway somehow
>>
>>160870
>Kill
We will become the greatest bandit ever known
>>
>>160870
Set up an installment plan and get more money from the arena. Place bets on yourself to get rich quick
>>
>>160870
Write an IOU, give it to him, and walk out before he responds.
>>
>>160870
give him the 300 coins and pretend like you dont understand what he is talking about. then leave what is he gonna do? Fight a giant who killed three men with a street lamp?
>>
>>160870
>Give him the pouch of mina and walk out

(what >>160909 says)
>>
Offer to do any odd jobs he may have in mind or kill any person he names.
>>
>>160870
>>160934
Offer to pay for the armor some other way. Maybe we can hunt down other people who stole armor from him or some shit?
>>
File: 11.jpg (87 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
87 KB, 600x600
You toss the 300 mina into the elf's hands, he looks appalled, and immediately bids his apprentice run off and do something - though you do not understand their weird language.

As you begin to saunter off, he can do little else but stare with vehement anger. You however, just got a free weapon and set of armour, gg no re. Where does fate take you next?

Do you...
>visit the noble district
>return to the arena
>start trouble for the city (write in how)
>write in
>>
>>160970
>Return to the arena and demand to fight the most powerfull thing there.
>>
>>160970
>Visit the noble district
Gord wants to see how the tiny civilized people live.
>>
>>160970
>>return to the arena
damn elf put nipples on our armor, he deserves this
>>
Stumble upon a group of elven whores.
>>
>>160970
>Leave the city and go on an adventure.
>>
>>160970
>noble district
>>
File: 12.jpg (73 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
73 KB, 600x600
As the crowd parts before you, no one eager to get in the way of the giant hulking man of metal - you eventually reach the arena once more. Your handler, the wry ageing human greets you with a wide grin.

"If it ain't my main money maker! Aching for another fight?"

Leading you into the barracks, and sizing up your armour - he shows you the paintings of three new combatants.

"These the guys who arrived this morning, an orc, a dwarf, and some faggot - their skill however is notched in the stars beneath. Take ya' pick big guy"

"I'm Fin by the way" he adds, taking a seat to pick his teeth

Who do you fight?

>tolbad
>okoth
>lothaire
>write in
>>
>>161064
>All of them
They're weak tiny people.
>>
>Lothaire

Damn sparkly faggot.
>>
>>161064
>Lothaire
Gonna stomp that sparkly bastard
>>
>>161064
Lothaire
>>
>>161070
>>161064
we are now THE MOUNTAIN
>>
>>161084
>>161078
>>161071
>ends up being fucking griffith
>>
File: 13.jpg (62 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
62 KB, 600x600
The gate clatters and rolls, grinding to a heavy halt as it hits the bloodstained sands of the arena. As the dust settles, and the glare of the sun leaves your eyes - you see your opponent. A very effeminate, blond haired man in noble's clothing steps into the fray, giving his rapier a swish in the air as he guards with is buckler.

In a voice that sounds both regal and proper, he addresses you from across the pit.

"Lo, giant - I am Lothaire, do not die thinking me a violent man. I live this life by circumstance, and little else!" he calls out, his dainty hair flowing in the breeze.

"If you are ready, en guard!" he shouts, readying for you.

What do you do?

>use your distance
>charge right in
>throw something
>write in
>>
Insult his hair.
>>
>>161116
Ask him why his hair looks so terrible.
>>
>>161119
This then attack in a cleaving motion making your attacks near impossible to dodge without repeated jumping.
>>
>>161119
Backing this
>>
>>161119
This.

Call him a "Poof"
>>
File: 14.jpg (73 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
73 KB, 600x600
You heft your great flanged-axe mace polearm onto a shoulder, laughing through your helmet. "Tiny woman-man ain't gonna hurt Gord!" you cry out in a taunt, pointing at him as you let your head roll back a little in levity.

When suddenly you feel a snag in the leather under your armpit. Turning around swiftly in a blind swing, Lothaire - the speedy little fag is behind you by a few meters. Then you feel the tingling of blood loss, and find your armpit reddening, and haemorrhaging blood!

That edgy fucker. What do you do?

>rage
>rage
>calm, tactical approach
>write in
>>
>>161205
rage
>>
>>161205
>calm, tactical approach
We're a giant, which means we have a giant brain! Clearly, the best course of action is to out-think him!
>>
>>161205
>Rage Tacticaly
>>
>Piss yourself while raging.
>>
>>161205
>>161217
I'll back this. Tactical raging is the best kind
>>
>>161217
All for this. We're gonna rage, but like a tactical genius
>>
>>161205
Rage Tactically
>>
File: 15.jpg (61 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
61 KB, 600x600
You rage, giving your mighty giant form a flex that sends pieces of shrapnel flying in all directions - wounding several audience members, but also maiming that damn'd Griffith-knock off. He winces, and retreats to the side of the arena, his buckler arm wounded at the shoulder.

"C-Curse you! That was an unforeseen and highly unlawful move!" he cries out, clutching the gouge.

You're tactically raging, and can read your enemy - he's wounded, and far less nimble.

What do you do?
>offer him mercy
>smite him where he stands
>forget tactics, rage wildly
>>
>>161277
>Tear off his legs then leave him.
>>
>>161277
>smite him where he stands
>>
>>161277
Offer him mercy. Gotta change those stereotypes one way or another
>>
>Seduce the man.
>>
>>161286
>>161292
I'll swap to this, I guess
>Mercy my shit up, senpai
>>
>>161304
>>161292
>>161299
Offer him mercy, and somewhat seduce him. He IS quite pretty, let's kidnap him, he'll do a fine maiden in distress, just the way we love it.
>>
With such a wound he surely would not survive the fight and what fun would that be if he died before you crush him? Spare him and when you offer a hand rip his arm off.
>>
>>161277
>Seduce him
>>
No more Giant Quest for tonight, folks. I'll be back tomorrow!
>>
>>161463
Do you have a twitter op?
>>
>>161277
>offer him mercy
With our bulging, seductive form. And our seductive bulge. This Giant Gay Quest now.
>>
>>161463
hey hey hey wheres my giant quest
>>
>>168138
Work maybe. I'm not too sure
>>
File: ghqZb5E.jpg (86 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
ghqZb5E.jpg
86 KB, 680x510
>>
>>161463
Ded thred. Bye.
Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.