[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't we discuss /int/ernational events at /int/? Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: HotPocket.png (92 KB, 1038x223) Image search: [Google]
HotPocket.png
92 KB, 1038x223
Why can't we discuss /int/ernational events at /int/?

Is /int/ just for generals and shitposting?
>>
oh this was a neat way to learn about the event
>>
>>591848
Are you retarded?
>>
>>591850
yeah right
>>
>>591853
What a compelling argument!
>>
File: anzu turkey.jpg (79 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
anzu turkey.jpg
79 KB, 640x640
just start an anzu thread or make a turkish themed easter frog and talk about it in there
>>
>>591854
i am right
>>
What a shame. Habbening threads devoid of clueless /pol/tards are much better than the typical /int/ fare.
>>
It isn't a news board that's for sure. Technically neither is /pol/. /news/ exists, mod ls are just too chickenshit to enforce it.

The original /int/ was for calmy/respectfully exploring each others' cultures; it's very little like that today as mostly the fault of (again) fucking shit moderation letting /pol/ types make it the flag-shitposting board with the only relief being circlejerk generals impenetrable to 90% of users due to language barrier.
>>
>>591858
i regretted not including a comma after the 'yeah' right after posting it. i was merely agreeing with you, as i also learned of this event in the same manner
>>
so what's the defined purpose of /int/ anyways?
>>
>>591863
Is this true? It was better in 2014 but I don't remember any real discussion like that.
>>
>>591848
There are /pol/ and /news/ for that you stupid faggot, why is it so hard to understand?
>>
>>591855
Not everything that isn't an argument was intended to be an argument.
>>
>>591871
What should be posted to /int/ then, you dense motherfucker?

>International travel
>>>/trv/
>International sports
>>>/sp/
>International food
>>>/ck/
>International culture
>>>/mu/
>>>/tv/
>>>/lit/
>>>/jp/

So it's just a shitposting board + generals?
>>
>>591875
Kill yourself /pol/shit
>>
>>591871
/news/ is too slow and /pol/ is full of underage redditors who know absolutely, indisputably, literally nothing about the habbening in question.
I know Reddit gets tossed around a bit too casually around here but I really mean it. They write like redditors and are as painfully humourless as redditors.
>>
>>591876
My whole point is not having to go to /pol/ to discuss a topic that is international by definition, yet you call me a /pol/shit.
>>
>>591878
the donald trump subreddit is pretty much exactly the same as /pol/, besides how the design of the site affects posting the userbase seems to be the same
>>
>>591879
>>591880
You're not supposed to talk about something in the board in which there are people you like, you have to do it in the right board, whether you like it or not
>>
>>591882
i was just commenting on the userbase anon
>>
>>591882
I meant to quote >>591878 and >>591879
>>
>>591882
But how the hell is that not /int/-related?
>>
>>591886
Can you open a general about a videogame on /v/? No, because even if /v/ is about videogames there's /vg/ for that
>>
>>591888
That's because generals used to clog the place, but >we used to have threads about politics every now and then and everyone was fine with it.

Idk if you browse /int/, but most anons there were pretty upset about the moderation.
>>
>>591886
there's a new vegas general every single day that hits bump limit so yeah you can
>>
>>591888
Current events are current though. It's not like the general for that particular topic will be around for long.
>>
>>591890
Prior to what I'm just going to term the "/pol/ era" of 4chan, a lot of boards used to casually discuss relevant politics without anyone batting an eye.

Everything a shit.
>>
>>591890
>we used to have threads about politics every now
I know but they don't belong on /int/

>everyone was fine with it
The ones who are not just ignore those threads. I remember some weeks ago a politic thread opened by someone who clearly came from /pol/ and after some time a guy started complaining about that shit being posted on /int/ and then spamming the thread, and two other people helped him

>but most anons there were pretty upset about the moderation.
They're general dwellers who complain about threads with anime in the OP being deleted
>>
>>591896
If a thread is /pol/ cancer ("cuck", "good goy", etc), then I see no problem in deleting it.

But a lot of the threads had civilized discussion going on.
>>
I don't understand it, either, but it's been like this for years.
Maybe the mods want to make sure none of the 30 generals are pushed off by international discussion.
>>
>>591902
That still doesn't make sense. The mods could just make a single sticky for the event.
>>
>>591848

cockroaches belong on >>>/an/
>>
>>591867
autistic nation roleplaying
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.