[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please enable id's on every board
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: hello-my-name-is-1428915-m[1].jpg (24 KB, 300x214) Image search: [Google]
hello-my-name-is-1428915-m[1].jpg
24 KB, 300x214
I do not understand at all why there are id's only on some boards.

Every board can benefit from it, except maybe /b/ just because it's /b/ and who cares.

But definitely boards like /tv/ /g/ etc. need them just for shilling purposes. I've seen so many obvious same persons selling products be it a macbook or a tv show or movie.

Othen than that, its gets annoying having people pose as you when you are trying to speak to someone else in a thread, or even when trying to differentiate between who is who in a thread.

id's do not remove anonymity at all. You are still anonymous with an id - you are just unable to samef*g and ruin thread after thread.

http://www.strawpoll.me/10747890
>>
Don't forget to vote in the strawpoll^
>>
I agree with OP 100%
>>
This isn't just board culture, dude

This is fucking site culture

Anonymous is part of 4chan. It is literally one of the things that makes 4chan 4chan. Reddit and Tumblr? They require accounts. 4chan doesn't

4chan is also anonymous. That has led to the creation of the hacktivist group Anonymous, a group that has affected real world events many times. And you want to change that?

How exactly would quality be "improved" anyway? Stop shilling? People can still shill in other threads. Being able to identify samefags would ruin threads. There's a reason namefagging is cancerous
>>
>>590996
No.

>you are just unable to samef*g and ruin thread after thread
It's super easy to change your IP and so your ID.

IDs give the illusion that posters are separate when they might be the same person.
>>
File: 1428187780574.jpg (60 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
1428187780574.jpg
60 KB, 636x358
>>590996
god what a horrible idea
>>
File: 1466888407707.png (97 KB, 284x252) Image search: [Google]
1466888407707.png
97 KB, 284x252
>unironically suggesting this
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.