[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wordfilters that would improve 4chan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 12
File: dorkmura.jpg (509 KB, 764x1052) Image search: [Google]
dorkmura.jpg
509 KB, 764x1052
kill yourself > go away
kys > I agree
t. > sasuga
Reddit > elsewhere
meme > joke
dank > funny
bait > super interesting
baiting > making good points
>>
>>590761
>filter words i don't like
>>
>>590761
Kys > i agree
Would be legit funny
>>
>>590766
more like words that are overused to the point of being banal, and are only used by underage faggots trying to be le epin troles. throwing a monkeywrench into their bullshit is a good thing
>>
>>590761
I agree with most of these

How about kys -> kys me
>>
>>590761
>kys > I agree
>bait > super interesting
>baiting > making good points
These ones are ok, I don't know why you want to filter "t." anyway

>>590792
"Kill yourself me"?
>>
>>590793
kiss me
>>
>>590796
I believe "I agree" is better if you consider the context in which "kys" is usually used
>>
>>590799
Not if you think about the implications of "kiss me"
>>
>>590761
Go away.
>>
OH NOES, IT'S THE AOL POLICE!

Fuck off, OP.
>>
>>590809
How's your day going?
>>
File: 1468444637660.png (56 KB, 491x585) Image search: [Google]
1468444637660.png
56 KB, 491x585
>>590761
>filtering t.
>>
>>590820
Yes, that is in fact part of what OP suggested
>>
>>590825
>disliking Finnish culture which has largely been untainted by normalfags
>>
>>590828
>finns
>culture
Anime?
>>
File: 800px-Gondola_alone.png (256 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
800px-Gondola_alone.png
256 KB, 800x450
>>590829
Gondola though
>>
>>590832
Gondola is Italian
>>
>>590838
That's exactly what they want you to think
>>
>>590789
Are you saying that you like words that are overused to the point of being banal and are only used by underage faggots trying to be le epin troles or are they words you don't like and you're just trying to justify it?
>>
>>590874
It's true though, it was invented by an Italian on Ylilauta
>>
>>590761
The problem with your 'bait' filter is that it only works right after a linking verb. It would be fine with
>this is bait
>this is super interesting

but in most situations it wouldn't make sense
>obvious bait right here
>obvious super interesting right here
>>
>>590761
How about
>kill yourself = kill me baby
>kys = baby, please kill me
>>
>>590761
Kys should be filtered the most out of those. It's both a non-word and another twitterism that acts as a lazy stand-in for a reply.
>>
I like most of these, but make reddit into ebaumsworld.
>>
File: kill-me-baby.jpg (51 KB, 400x314) Image search: [Google]
kill-me-baby.jpg
51 KB, 400x314
>>590939
not bad
>>
Reddit > Sheeky Forums
SJW > Sheeky Justice Warrior
>>
>>590828
".t" had been used for years, even on 4chan. However starting a few months ago it spread around and it's just used for the typical effortless shitposting.
Much like rage comics or Pepe, it's time to let go, anon.
>>
Please hiro.
>>
>>590761
>t. >sasuga

Now this one I can get behind.
>>
File: ebin dubs (in checking).jpg (68 KB, 442x346) Image search: [Google]
ebin dubs (in checking).jpg
68 KB, 442x346
>>591111
for same numbres
>>
>>591111
t. reddit
>>
>>590761
Nice try faglord. There are at least 99 bait images.
>>
FUCking THAnks OP
>>
>>591147
Sasuga Reddit
>>
kill yourself / kys > high five

reddit / tumblr > the future

it's shit > hurr durr

What did they mean by this? > Why can't I stop sucking dicks?
>>
>bait
>bating
Why?
Those help point out contrarian shitposting faggots who fester /v/? Why would you want to support that shitposting?
>>
>>591314
I think OP is sick of people calling opinions that go against the grain bait

because that definitely happens a lot

granted people still obviously bait a lot on the site, but we can just encourage people to not reply
>>
>>590761
these are pretty good. baka desu senpai word filter was one of the best things 4chan did in years. more funny word filters is what we need, and especially board specific ones.
>>
>>591321
I don't know, maybe if you spam 500 threads about why Overwatch sucks and how Skyrim is the best video game ever made, you deserve to be called bait
>>
>>591329
but it would we way funnier if it was called super interesting
>>
>>591333
No, it wouldn't
It would just continue to feed into the hugbox mentality and let shitposters who hate nuDoom and OW fester

In other words, we would become 8gag
>>
>>591314
Don't be retarded. People who go around calling things bait are retarded and deserve to be banned. Fishposters are worse than shitposters.
>>
>>591336
>make bad posts
>get told to fuck off

How is this bad? If you want to be contrarian go to 8ch
>>
>>591335
>>591337
I don't think you understand. A wordfilter won't change the way people think about things, its just funny. Thats literally it. super interesting would still mean bait, just as senpai still means senpai and weaboo still means wapanese.
>>
>>591339
Filters are used to discourage shitposting and make certain words a joke.

DESU BAKA SENPAI needed it. Bait doesn't.
>>
File: 1328359573905.gif (173 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1328359573905.gif
173 KB, 640x360
>>590939
>kill me baby faggot
>please kill me baby
>for the love of god kill me baby

>please baby, please kill me
>fucking baby, please kill me
>>
>>591343
I don't know how to respond other than just saying it does.
>>
>>591337
Telling people to fuck off doesn't help went half the time they're just looking for any sort of response.

The whole concept of calling a post out as bait is retarded. If you think something is bait ignore it.
>>
>>591351
People don't call out posts as bait because they seriously think they are bait, they call them out for banter and shitpost for fun.
>>
>>591353
I'd like to think that's true but chances are some do it seriously.
>>
>>590761
unironically -> ironically
literally ->
>>
>>591337
No, anon, those aren't bad posts. 95% of the posts that get called bait aren't fucking bad posts. You just don't like or agree with them. Everyone who uses bait are fucking children who can't help but reply every fucking time or don't like that others don't agree with them so it is all bait.

You are telling them to fuck off not because they are a bad poster, but because you don't agree with them. Don't lie, YOU are the bad poster here. 4chan is not your hugbox.

Also, I don't understand your usage of 'contrarian'. How does it have to do with anything? It is almost as if you are implying that every single person who has an opinion that you don't agree with or isn't apart of 'the majority' is bait.

>>591343
Filters are for gag purposes, not moderation. They also do the exact opposite when used as moderation and don't even try quoting senpai desu for that because the only retort you are getting is hownew.ru
>>
>>591423
>You just don't like or agree with them
The posts that get called bait on /v/ are the same fucking hate circlejerk opinions that get disproven TIME AND TIME AGAIN. If we didn't get to call people b8 then the amount of "hurr durr nudoom iz a haylo ripoff" and "hurr durr overwach suxx" posts would go up.

We call out people for bait so newfags don't leech onto those opinions and cause even more hatred to fester. /v/ is already bad, please don't make it worse

>>591351
what >>591353 said

You guys are trying to make /v/ less of a shitposting fuckhole by making it MORE OF A SHITPOSTING FUCKHOLE
>>
File: 1468531596565.png (201 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1468531596565.png
201 KB, 600x600
Or maybe, just maybe, think about it for a second!

We shouldn't have our board dominated by the minority of weaboo fuckbags who want to spread their shitty memes.

The stats already show you guys are the minority
>>
>>591475
>We
>>
>>591441
>If we didn't get to call people b8 then the amount of "hurr durr nudoom iz a haylo ripoff" and "hurr durr overwach suxx" posts would go up.
No, really, that isn't how it works you fucking moron. Also killing literal opinions bait is fucking hugbox circlejerk mentality. Fucking hell /v/ is such a shitty board in so many ways. You aren't helping anything, fuck off you stupid newfag.

>You guys are trying to make /v/ less of a shitposting fuckhole by making it MORE OF A SHITPOSTING FUCKHOLE
You don't seem to understand irony.
>>
>>591475
Only one of those suggestions is weeb.
I object to word filters because too many turn the place into a clusterfuck. For example, someone might be talking about memes as a concept, and it would look odd because it's wordfiltered to joke.

Except replaceing t. with sasuga. For some reason that one cracks me up. I dunno how it'd work if a sentance ended with a word that has a t at the end though.
>>
>>591529
The way it's used actually is a pretty ideal substitute. I like this the best though >>590939
>>
>>591482
>Also killing literal opinions bait is fucking hugbox circlejerk mentality.
Fucking amazing, that should be "calling literal". What an absolute retarded mistake on my behalf.
>>
>>591475
>posts an anime picture while calling someone a weeb

You can't make this shit up
>>
File: anime imageboard.jpg (1 MB, 1400x1928) Image search: [Google]
anime imageboard.jpg
1 MB, 1400x1928
>>591475
Where Do You Think You Are?
>>
>>591475
4chan is a "weaboo" website, you fucking mong.
>The stats already show you guys are the minority
Which indicates that you've more than overstayed your welcome.
>>
>>590761
degenerate
crackshipping
Homushit
Whoremura
any tripfag

This makes Madoka threads bearable.
>>
Use of black slang should result in a permanent ban. I don't care if you're being ironic or trolling.
>>
>>591851
Yo shut it dawg
Stuoid ass cracka
>>
File: 1467613531664-726886639.jpg (43 KB, 499x338) Image search: [Google]
1467613531664-726886639.jpg
43 KB, 499x338
>>591475
>complaining about Chinese cartoons
>on a website made for Chinese cartoons
>owned by a literal Chinese man
>>
>>590761
>kys > I agree
Would be funny, always fun watching newfags go mad when their favorite buzzword is filtered.
>dank > funny
Is "dank" really used that often? I've only ever heard it used by 12-year-olds on YouTube.
No, "bait" and "baiting" are not overused. It's been around basically as long as 4chan has been around. You can't just suddenly say you don't like bait, therefore calling it something else will make it go away. People have been saying "this is a bait thread" for years, get used to it, it's part of chan culture.
>kill yourself > go away
Ehh, kinda on the fence about this. It's overused, mostly by newfags, but it still has its merits.
>t. > sasuga
No. "t." was an integral part of old /int/, it's one of the last relics left of those golden days of Finnish shitposting. Also it's not overused.
>Reddit > elsewhere
Calling out Reddit shit, annoying as it may be, is completely necessary. Reddit shit is the bottom line on all of the recent shit 4chan has been going through. All memes aside, what they stand for and what they do is pure cancer. They're public enemy number one.
>meme > joke
Again, even if it's overused by newfags now, it's a cornerstone of 4chan culture. I'm not ready to cut the tumor quite yet.

That's my opinion, at least.
t. 2006
>>
>>592213
You accidentally posted 2006 instead of 2016. Don't let this happen again, anon.
>>
Replace cuck with handsome man
>>
>>590761
These are actually pretty good.

The level of confusion that would ensue would be worth it tbqf but people would, as always, find ways to circumvent them
>>
>>592213
>No. "t." was an integral part of old /int/, it's one of the last relics left of those golden days of Finnish shitposting. Also it's not overused.
Fuck off nigger, t. becoming sasuga would be fucking hilarious as fuck.
>>
Are those still filtered?
s,mh = baka
t,bh = desu
f,am = senpai
>>
File: hdy.png (198 KB, 327x341) Image search: [Google]
hdy.png
198 KB, 327x341
>>590761
>go away retard
>i agree retard
>sasuga reddit
>go back to elsewhere
>nice joke
>funny joke
>0/10 super interesting
>stop making good points
>>
>>590926
People that post on Ylilauta are honorary finns
>>
cuckold -> banana
cuck -> banan
>>
>>592213
>It's been around basically as long as 4chan has been around.

Heh what? "Bait" is pretty recent, been like a couple years.
>>
>>590761
Anime > feces
>>
weeaboo -> anon
>>
>>591475
>>
>>590761
>kill yourself > go away
>meme > joke
How can you have such a retarded and such a great suggestion all in the same post? (respectively)
>>
File: 1430975474944.gif (124 KB, 590x333) Image search: [Google]
1430975474944.gif
124 KB, 590x333
>>591475
>images are memes
get a load of this social media fuckwad
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.