[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I keep hearing that 4chanX is a botnet. Is there any evidence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1366010293624.jpg (95 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1366010293624.jpg
95 KB, 960x640
I keep hearing that 4chanX is a botnet. Is there any evidence or is it just a meme?
>>
>>590203
A botnet for what
>>
>>590207
I'm not sure exactly, maybe for harvesting personal data or maybe to attack other sites. These things have ways of getting "purposed" only after a botnet has spread around enough.
>>
>>590221
So basically you're a gullible, paranoid ignoramus who lacks even the basic knowledge to examine the code for 4chan X, which is freely available to anyone who wants it, yet insists it must be malicious despite the fact that nobody has flagged it as such. Yes there is clearly a massive conspiracy to silence every single programmer on Earth from talking about the 4chanX botnet, that's why nobody has exposed it in the 8 or so years the script has been going. Please continue to to not use it, you're doing the right thing.
>>
>>590231
Ha! That's exactly what a shill would say!
>>
>>590231
So based on your undue hostility and general defensiveness, it's definitely a botnet and you know that for a fact. Thanks for your highly informative reply.
>>
>>590237
https://github.com/ccd0/4chan-x
There's the code for 4chan X. Feel free to expose the botnet to the world. Fortunately for you the script has been meticulously documented for the better part of a decade, so you should be able to pinpoint the exact date the botnet was injected into the script and which of the half-dozen developers is responsible for it.
>>
>>590252
I have only your word as a guarantee that the people who have 'autoupdate' turned on are actually getting that particular version.
>>
>>590272
>/g/
rumor discarded.
>>
>>590272
Also the word of the countless thousands of people who have downloaded and used it, including numerous developers who frequently make suggestions and report bugs. Hence the need for a literally global conspiracy of silence to prevent word getting out, since ANYONE can download it and then examine it at their leisure.

Yet the only ones who insist it's a botnet are rubes with zero scripting or programming ability quoting random trolls from /g/ as their primary source instead of actual samples of the code.
>>
>samefagging this hard to shill your botnet
>>
>>590286
Yes it's obviously all a conspiracy to do... something. Nobody is really clear what this botnet is for or what it does even, but you're very sure it exists at least, because somebody on /g/ said so. That's why he has to post it anonymously on /g/ instead of blowing the whistle publicly on Github to get the script removed, because if he did they'd get him. Or something. Yeah. That's more believable than some guy exploiting the ignorance of the technologically illiterate for cheap laughs.
>>
>>590284
>countless thousands of people who have downloaded and used it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-W0CBOGnnI
>>
Yes, it's a botnet
>>
>>590231
I have flagged it as malicious
>>
>>590333
seconded
>>
>>590231
>>590252
>>590272
>.coffee

Absolutely disgusting.
It might not have been a botnet but it might as well be now.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.