[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ENABLE SOUND WEBMS ON ALL BOARDS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: img.jpg (99 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
99 KB, 1280x720
ENABLE SOUND WEBMS ON ALL BOARDS
>>
>>590147
Seconding this.
>>
File: Cirno nein.jpg (68 KB, 436x348) Image search: [Google]
Cirno nein.jpg
68 KB, 436x348
>>
File: 8923415.png (154 KB, 400x347) Image search: [Google]
8923415.png
154 KB, 400x347
I approve!
>>
File: michael.gif (498 KB, 400x192) Image search: [Google]
michael.gif
498 KB, 400x192
>>590147
this... whats the point of even having videos with no sound?
>>
>>590161
It helps you use your imagination!
>>
>>590161
>spreading tumblr gifs

your opinion on this matter is completely irrelevant
>>
File: exploitable.jpg (116 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
exploitable.jpg
116 KB, 1280x720
What is she saying, /qa/?
>>
>>590166
"How do we fix 4chan?"
>>
>>590161
Do you know what happens when you allow sound webms + increase the filesize?

People start uploading webms of 6 minute videos they just could have linked. On absolutely every board, because they can now. But the real fun starts when they start reposting the same - well let's say 200 webms for years over years.

If you don't believe me, this is the current state of /wsg/. There are 2 major generals that contribute 99% of the board traffic - YLYL threads and the anime general. The board is almost completely dead outside of this 2 thread types. And every fucking webm is a repost. There are webms that are posted in EVERY fucking thread, even multiple times. For FUCKING YEARS.

I'd guess that 90% of posts are essentially reposts of age old webms occupying the board traffic.

Same thing happened to KC /int/, there is this webm thread up that probably occupies 90% of the traffic for the board. And KC has 10mb webms with VP8/VP9 and 4 files multiupload. And it's mainly just 3 topics: Music, Gore/War and YLYL.

You'd kill the board traffic with this. I think I'd take a lot more onahole banners for this to work.
>>
This. Tired of having to go to /wsg/ for my sound webms for new anime episodes. It's such a shithole infested by saucefags.
>>
>>590173
>People start uploading webms of 6 minute videos they just could have linked

not really since the time limit would still be capped.

>this is the current state of /wsg/. There are 2 major generals that contribute 99% of the board traffic - YLYL threads and the anime general.

mainly this problem is caused because its not a common/popular board so people dont wanna leave their main board to post a webm on some other board where its otherwise irrelevant. The people from those generals are just people from either /a/ or /b/ that have gathered enough people to make it relevant.

It would be a matter of getting used to it... spammers are always gonna spam no matter what. But it would be beneficial for all the other 80% of the user base that are not autistic spammers. I just wish the mods did their job.
>>
>>590173
>People start uploading webms of 6 minute videos they just could have linked
People want sound, nobody said extend the length. 2 minutes is fine, maybe 3 at most.
>But the real fun starts when they start reposting the same - well let's say 200 webms for years over years
Might be a problem on your low-content boards but not on /a/, which has a constant stream of new content and people constantly making new webms for episodes that premier every week.
>If you don't believe me, this is the current state of /wsg/
/wsg/ is shit because of unmitigated suacefaggotry and a lack of community, it's just an outpost for people to post webms they can't on their main board, be it /a/, /v/, /co/, /sp/, /k/, /pol/ etc. Turns out that even when you put people from different communities into a single spot they still don't want anything to do with one another. Oh sure three's some intermingling but not much, everybody just sticks to their own clique. Do you know what causes this? The fact that /wsg/ is the only place they can post sound webms. They don't go to /wsg/ out of any desire to contribute to the board, they just want to post their webms for their own board and link back to it. It's like the one oasis in the desert that all the nomadic tribes have to share. There's a delicate civility in place, a silent, unspoken agreement that everybody shall keep to their own group and not interfere with or cause trouble for the others.

If you had sound webms on major boards that need them, like /a/ and /v/, yes there would be a huge population drop off but in turn the board would start to develop a real community producing content for itself rather than having the majority of its content being created by outsiders for outsiders.
>>
Please god no.

I specifically don't go to /wsg/ because it's loud. I hate surprise noises.

On a side note, please put in a watermark for sounds on /wsg/.

Actually if we can get a watermark for sounds everywhere I won't mind. Nevermind. Yeah. Just put in a sound watermark if you add the feature for sound everywhere.
>>
>>590173
>And every fucking webm is a repost
Also this is true for the YLYL threads but not the anime threads. Yes those have reposts but also lots of new content since every week there are new episodes coming out and many /a/nons come to /wsg/ to make new sound webms for those shows. Also you have the odd person now and then who dumps a bunch of fresh webms for an older show that they just made. It is still very repost heavy though, on a good day about half the thread is reposts, on average it's more like 65%.
>>
Just upload it to youtube you whining fucks.
>>
>>590147
Webm's with sound should come with a warning. Webm's alone already scare me enough.
>>
>>590173
Just because you allow sound doesn't mean you need to increase the limit to 6 minute videos. I'd be happy with just 30 second webms with sound.
>>
>>590191
I post on 4chan because I enjoy the anonymity. If I wanted to participate in youtube's faggy community I'd already have a youtube account.
>>
>>590182
>yes there would be a huge population drop off but in turn the board would start to develop a real community producing content for itself

I think you are exaggerating the impact of webms with sound. It would be a cool feature but come on.
>>
>>590236
>>590182
Disregard the post. I'm an idiot.
>>
>>590234
>youtube's faggy community
I don't want sound .webms all over 4chan, but this little bit of your post doesn't make much sense to me.
You can go to almost any thread on any board and run into tons of the same kinds of people you see on youtube.
4chan really isn't any better.
>>
>>590147
Sorry what was that?
I can't hear you
>>
>>590166
"Please be nice on /qa/"
>>
>>590191
Just upload your images to imagur and link them to your posts, you whining fucks.
>>
>>590533
Imgur doesn't do sound webms.
>>
>>590173
So you're trying to tell me that giving people MORE creative scope will result in LESS output? Are you fucking retarded? The past 12 odd years of the history of this site has shown to have the complete opposite result.

Where the fuck do you braindead kneejerk morons come from? You're no different than the fucking idiots who were just as against allows webm files to be posted and they cited the exact same fucking reasons.

Fuck off.
>>
>>590535
How did you manage to miss the analogy that hard?
>>
>>590537
First day on 4chan?
>>
File: images-179.jpg (13 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
images-179.jpg
13 KB, 443x332
>>590173
What's stopping users from reposting the same webms now, sound or not?

Your logic is flawed.
>>
>>590147
If a sound-enabled webm is absolutely vital to your post, then spend an extra few clicks posting it on /wsg/ then linking it.
>>
>>590540
I was gonna say they're bigger but I guess it only counts the absolute filesize anyway, so that doesn't really matter
>>
You really think that boards like /v/ that can't even handle repeating digits can handle webms with sound?
>>
>>591208
i think more to the point it would be more suitable for /tv/ and /mu/ also honourable mention to /sp/ and /int/ too
>>
screamers.
>>
The swearing in this thread is EXTREMELY triggering. Please tone it down. Yours truly, fellow channer of /qa/
>>
>>590173
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope
>>
>>590183
When you hover over a webm thumbnail on /wsg/ it says if there's sound or not already
>>
>>591228
they would be virtually non-existent. I frequently visit /gif/ and /wsg/ and have yet to stumble upon one. Not to mention both boards are infested with the kind of people who would post shit like that.
>>
>>590147
SECONDED

YOU MUST
>>
>>590147
This, hopefully /wsg/ is removed if implemented.
>>
>>590147
>yelling with your eyes closed

How does she hear?
>>
File: 538.jpg (11 KB, 200x396) Image search: [Google]
538.jpg
11 KB, 200x396
>>591660
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.